Genocide Joe finally pick$$$ Palestine over Israel.

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 100
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
They did not go into Gaza for years. If Gaza didn't want IDF going into Gaza I have this brilliant idea: Stop the people shooting rocket artillery into Israel.

For more than a decade, when analysts described the strategy utilized by Israel against Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip, they’ve used a metaphor: With their displays of overwhelming military strength, Israeli forces were “mowing the grass.”

The phrase implies the Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip and their supply of crude but effective homemade weapons are like weeds that need to be cut back.
Such tactics have faced significant criticism from international human rights groups, often due to the disproportionate number of deaths caused by Israeli forces, compared to those caused by Palestinian militants during conflict.

As Israel this week launched devastating airstrikes aimed at Gaza militants and massed forces near the enclave’s borders in response to rockets fired from Gaza — citing a familiar mention of new rocket technology, Hamas tunnels and civilian deaths despite warnings — the long-term benefits of the “mow the grass” strategy have come under question.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
TIME MAGAZINE
Dec 15, 2023 — 20, Israeli forces had arrested as many as 880 Palestinian children this year, a practice made possible under Israel's draconian military laws.

May 5, 2023 — Since 2000, an estimated 13,000 Palestinian children have been detained by Israeli forces from the occupied West Bank and held in the Israeli ...

Dec 30, 2023 — Since 2000, the Israeli military has detained some 13,000 Palestinian children, almost all boys between the ages of 12 and 17, said Defense ...

Jan 13, 2023 — Last year, the Israeli military rounded up hundreds of Palestinians in the West Bank ages 12-17 in late-night arrests, according to HaMoked.

PERHAPS THEY "DREAM OF LIBERTY"
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Best.Korea
If tradition was the root value of all objective moral frameworks, yes.
You actually think that liberalism is some objective moral framework? I mean, seriously, this one would even make liberals laugh.
If they laugh at the idea that liberty is an objective value, were they really liberals?

Death before enslavement is my version
Oh great, you even have your own version. What are you? Liberal samurai? 
Sure, whatever floats your boat. "New Hampshire, the state of liberal samurai"
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
For more than a decade, when analysts described the strategy utilized by Israel against Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip, they’ve used a metaphor: With their displays of overwhelming military strength, Israeli forces were “mowing the grass.”
By which they mean airstrikes against rocket artillery launching or assembly sites.

If airstrikes are "going in" then Hamas has "gone into" Israel quite a few times.

I meant IDF soldiers did not go into Gaza for a long period.

The phrase implies the Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip and their supply of crude but effective homemade weapons are like weeds that need to be cut back.
Such tactics have faced significant criticism from international human rights groups
I didn't know the 2nd amendment had an international following.

often due to the disproportionate number of deaths caused by Israeli forces, compared to those caused by Palestinian militants during conflict.
and all the people who died on Jan 6 were protestors. No international groups I know have complained about "disproportionate death".

How irrational Israel is, don't they know they need to equalize the kill/death ratio for the insane sensibilities of people who don't have to worry about being murdered by people who hate your guts?

the long-term benefits of the “mow the grass” strategy have come under question.
Sane question: How long are you going to keep doing this before you say "this is ridiculous" and just annex the region and deport all the crazys to countries that actually have something to lose if they bombed Isreal."

Insane question: Why don't you just let them shoot rockets? Isn't it fun to guess where they land? It creates a whole new insurance industry. Also if they occasionally break into your borders with heavy machinery and start raping people and murdering babies what's the big deal?

Dec 15, 2023 — 20, Israeli forces had arrested as many as 880 Palestinian children this year, a practice made possible under Israel's draconian military laws.
Caption under photo "A Palestinian youth is arrested by Israeli soldiers for throwing stones during a protest on October 23, 2010."

No, they dream of stoning infidels and homosexuals. If they dreamed of liberty they wouldn't throw stones as Israel which does not tax them. They would form a liberal state as has been offered many times.
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
If they laugh at the idea that liberty is an objective value, were they really liberals?
I was reading in india times about how people build confidence in their kids and make them smarter, and one of the main ways is to acknowledge and appreciate the accomplishments which their kids make, and encourage them to achieve their own goals. I want to let you know that I appreciate and acknowledge your accomplishments and how you stand up for your liberal values, and not fall like others. So yeah, you are loved and appreciated, and your efforts in achieving your goal of Imperialist liberal Empire are noted.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
I have come to the conclusion that they dream of living in a world devoid of Jews and a Jewish homeland— even if it means the destruction of their own earthly lives and the lives of their children, sadly.

It is common in the western world yet misguided for us to project our own liberal, humanistic values onto other, vastly different cultures. A Muslim warrior once boasted, “We value death the way you [westerners] value life.” If one can die a martyr in Islam, their place in paradise is assured. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
So...give me liberty AND death? Yep, very different cultures...
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
I have come to the conclusion that they dream of living in a world devoid of Jews and a Jewish homeland— even if it means the destruction of their own earthly lives and the lives of their children, sadly.

It is common in the western world yet misguided for us to project our own liberal, humanistic values onto other, vastly different cultures. A Muslim warrior once boasted, “We value death the way you [westerners] value life.” If one can die a martyr in Islam, their place in paradise is assured. 

you've convinced me

slaughter of women and children is not only perfectly fine, it is our OBVIOUS moral responsibility
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
If one can die a martyr in Islam, their place in paradise is assured. 
just like vikings

i guess we need to hurry up and get to slaughtering them ASAP !!

also,

cristo71
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
You’ve mastered the non-sequitur.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
You’ve mastered the non-sequitur.
please explain to me exactly which women and children we are morally obligated to slaughter 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
so, i do really enjoy hearing people explain things from "both sides"

"debunking the myth that israel stole palestine" - ayn rand institute

"why the left hates israel" - ayn rand institute

youtube is trying to convince me that israel is 100% "justified"

here's the short version

palestinians are incompetent corrupt savages funded by commies in russia

and the jews are basically rescuing them from themselves
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
So...give me liberty AND death? Yep, very different cultures...
i'm not sure this characterization is accurate
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
please explain to me exactly which women and children we are morally obligated to slaughter 
That's the point. They are. We are not. 2 different cultures. We usually restrict child sacrifice to the unborn. Not the walking around on 2 legs kind.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
That's the point. They are. We are not. 2 different cultures. We usually restrict child sacrifice to the unborn. Not the walking around on 2 legs kind.
why are we sending them bombs ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
Bomb$$$
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
Something tells me they aren't launching rocks, rockets, or going on raids to rape and kill as many Jews as they can.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Something tells me they aren't launching rocks, rockets, or going on raids to rape and kill as many Jews as they can.

something tells me they're still getting their homes confiscated and their water storage sabotaged and being imprisoned and shot regardless
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@3RU7AL
youtube is trying to convince me that israel is 100% "justified"
Youtube is trying to convince me that Israel indiscriminately bombing civilians but that is an extraordinary claim given the context and history and I won't believe it just because clearly delusional people say it.

By clearly delusional I mean the "queers for Palestine" type. They want to kill anyone who for any reason describes themselves as queer. They've been asked and that is what they answer.

The ARI is correct about the big picture. Israel is a child of "western" civilization which means liberal civilization which walks the path laid out by Socrates, Aristotle, etc... etc.. all the way to John Locke and Voltaire.

What people call "palestininans" (but which are in fact reactionary Muslims of the region with no special ethnic or cultural distinction) are dark age theocrats with a nasty streak of cruelty.

That doesn't mean Israel is flawless or there aren't innocent people in Gaza and the west bank, but it does mean that when Israel offers a two state solution and Hamas slaps it down because they want to kill any Jews that look at them funny, I have no conflicted feelings because they are the architects of their own suffering. Gaza chose Hamas like Germany chose Hitler. Politics have consequences and those consequences are not fair to individuals.

something tells me they're still getting their homes confiscated and their water storage sabotaged and being imprisoned and shot regardless
I'll believe it when I see it. Too many people willing to lie.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
and I won't believe it just because clearly delusional people say it.
try watching a few israeli news broadcasts

they're bragging about it
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
Sounds like a conversation Hamas might have had prior to October 7. Do you believe that was a false flag operation or something?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
Sounds like a conversation Hamas might have had prior to October 7. Do you believe that was a false flag operation or something?
i'm on your side now

can we start slaughtering all the terrorists in prisons now ?

and their families ?

or just the ones in gaza and the west bank ?

don't forget about the west bank

nuke the taliban, they're all terrorists right ?
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
Do you find non-sequiturs somehow compelling?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
Do you find non-sequiturs somehow compelling?
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@3RU7AL
I guess that answers my question in an oblique way. In stark contrast to yourself, I do not find non-sequiturs compelling at all…
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Non-Sequoias are indeed, relatively insignificant vegetation.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Did you order the code red?!!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
You don't have to answer that Colonel!
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@cristo71
what are you trying to say here ?