Author: AustinL0926

Read-only
Total: 304
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
You are not 100% sure, and you can’t be. And if we have a lot of information, so much show you would rather lynch me, then why did you vote Barney?
So by that logic everyone should full claim right? I voted Barney for inactivity
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
Again, it's something his buddy would have to come up with. I don't see someone making that up. I'll lynch him if I must, but I don't like it right now.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@ILikePie5
To clarify on your theory on the theme spilt would a hypothetical scholars mate be town and blunder be mafia?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Earth
To clarify on your theory on the theme spilt would a hypothetical scholars mate be town and blunder be mafia?
No
JoeBob
Debates: 3
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
So by that logic everyone should full claim right? I voted Barney for inactivity
Ah yes, because the second you vote him, Barney notices as if it’s telepathic. He rushes to his computer to make sure he will say active from now on. It’s a very advanced technique.

Voting him isn’t going to make him suddenly active. He doesn’t know you voted him.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@ILikePie5
So by that logic everyone should full claim right?
To be fair we did that last game and won with only one mislynch.
Barney
Debates: 51
Barney
I’ll be getting caught up on reading and posting shortly. Sorry for the tardiness.
Barney
Barney
-->
@JoeBob
Pie did tag me when voting me,  in post #216, which means he’s not being a bastard about it. And my absence does make it fair.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Barney
True but in general, if someone is away from their keyboard, they won’t know they are getting voted.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
To be fair we did that last game and won with only one mislynch.
We didn’t do that DP1
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@JoeBob
True but in general, if someone is away from their keyboard, they won’t know they are getting voted.
If they’re scum, their scum partner will notice and spam them 
Barney
Barney
Work was crazy this week. But for the next few days I’m just catsitting for my sister. So my activity level should shoot up to normal levels (I just won’t spam to try to counter the earlier problem).
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Barney
Work was crazy this week. But for the next few days I’m just catsitting for my sister. So my activity level should shoot up to normal levels (I just won’t spam to try to counter the earlier problem).
That’s fine. Please comment on what has happened so far tho
Lunatic
Lunatic
I’m m fine with voting joebob here honestly. For reasons explained last night and he hasn’t said anything to really better his situation. And I think we have enough claims for this day phase. I would like to hear more from Barney and Whiteflame on their overall general thoughts but I don’t think they need to claim. I buy Barney is busy based on what he said in the sign ups about being an extra and generally he was pretty damn active when he was scum in pies game. Nothing about is activity is really a red flag for me at this moment

VTL joebob

Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
@JoeBob
I'll vote JoeBob if we don't get any other leads, but we still have a day left. Tbh, I have a feeling scum is just staying out of the main argument.
JoeBob
JoeBob
-->
@Savant
Tbh, I have a feeling scum is just staying out of the main argument.
Yea.

I’m going to bed I’ll be up in the morning.

whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I'm not terribly interested in getting more claims, either, and Barney's relative inactivity up to this point isn't enough to justify seeking a claim from him. If he's not active next DP, then we can talk about it, but I agree with Luna that it's not going to help town to have more claims this DP.

As for my general thoughts, I'm still leaning towards JoeBob for reasons I've already covered. I don't really buy it as either a good fake claim or something that Austin would have come up with, but it does actually make more sense if the role was cobbled together on the fly. Behaviorally, I still don't think he stood out much before he started trying to explain how his role works.

With regards to others, I still feel Savant's claim is a little off, but it's less sus than JoeBob's. I get that there's another element he's not giving us because it's supposed to be unconfirmable and that that's supposed to link to the Pawn, but it means there's a big question mark hanging over his claim right now.

By contrast, Moozer's role is very straightforward and I just generally find it hard to believe that, if he was scum, his partner would encourage him to out his role.

As for everyone else... honestly, I'd like to re-read the DP to get some behavioral analysis on Luna, Pie and Vader and pick up what I can from Earth and Barney's limited posts before pushing ahead with a lynch. Right now, JoeBob makes the most sense to me, but I'll see how I'm feeling about that afterward.
Barney
Barney
Caught up (missed a few posts in the skimming).

I thought Savant was scum, with the hesitation of claiming miller being a needless risky gamble... Then I checked my role PM to see if I too was scum too before pushing... And nope, definitely on the same team as "town," no scum here 🤣
 In seriousness, I'm town, and saw that my role is odd compared to normal games. Which made me re-read his claim, for which I had previously missed the "modifier" part. So yeah, I'll believe there's a flavor miller instead of vanilla miller.

JoeBob's claim... doesn't seem like something he'd make up on his own... But it also seems so useless. Our investigator only giving us intel after he dies...  Also if he's town we have to purposefully mis-lynch him before we hit MISO (not sure which day phase that is likely to be, 3?). It's possible, but him outing himself makes him very low utility.
Barney
Barney
Forgot to say it, not trusting Moozer either; mainly just because new players have a higher likelihood of being scum. That said, the complexity of that claim makes it more believable to me.

Dashboard
PLAYER               ROLE                CHAR
1. Savant          Miller+???           Pawn
2. Pie                      ???                      ???
3. whiteflame     ???                      ???
4. Moozer         BG+Protector   Castling
5. Joebob   "Flipped TrackerAlgebraic Notation
6. Lunatic             ???                     ???
7. Vader                 ???                     ???
8. Barney              ???                     ...
9. Earth                  ???                     ???
Savant
Debates: 23
Savant
-->
@whiteflame
there's a big question mark hanging over his claim right now
I mean, that's true of everyone who hasn't claimed as well.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
VOTECOUNT:

Barney (2/5): Pie, Joebob
Joebob (1/5): Lunatic

The brave shall inherit the earth (?)
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
About 23 hours remain in the DP.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
unvote VTL JoeBob 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Sorry got to play catch up again :3
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
VOTECOUNT:

Barney (1/5): Joebob
Joebob (2/5): Lunatic, Pie

Speed chess is the #1 early cause of death for chess players.

Vader
Vader
I feel I am noticing a pattern with the claims for the most part. It seems like each role is flavored to some degree.
Vader
Vader
Also Barney's inactivity for the most part and his post feel town-ish to a certain extent. In the last game I noticed his want to soft claim in DP1 when asked for pressure and he did so being consistent with the pattern. He's not backseating the game so I think it puts him more in my lean town for the most part
Vader
Vader
I am going to VTL JoeBob

I am kind of just analyzing this now, but let's look deeper into his role for a second. We can only see what types of actions he did after he dies. This essentially makes him useless for what we know and his mechanic. Because the only point where we can actually lynch JoeBob is DP2 if he is actually town. Let's think for a second. The only way we even get info from him is if he dies. This means it gives him an excuse as to why he's staying alive as a tracker and word of mouth for the most part. We can't lynch him DP3 because it comes down to this.

Lets say we lynch town DP1
5v2 likely

The only way we can get info and not lose the game is if we lynch DP2 and that's only 1 NP of information and at that point it is a policy lynch. If town is fine with that then, not sure. 

I am inclined to believe there is a veteran player guiding them during this process but I could see JoeBob come up with this excuse

I also am looking at behavior and JoeBob is acting a bit unusual from what I've seen him play as town. He is somewhat deflecting the main criticism and just pushing it as "idiot town" and "tunnelling" and not fully addressing the point of why we are suspicious of him. This behavior has been consistent of his meta. Even if we lynch, it means he would HAVE to be lynched DP2 because that's the only way we can get effective information, UNLESS, we lynch a scum this or next DP, which isn't out of question but not assumed we will. It's not likely you get a CC or some info that scum confirms someone NP1. 

I am willing to lynch JoeBob
Vader
Vader
Also don't vote just yet. If somehow this ends up being L-1 by the time I'm still up I'm removing my vote to prevent a quick mafia hammer. Once I'm asleep, shit I guess there is nothing I can do
Vader
Vader
Needless to say, no more claims from this point on!!! If we keep forcing claims this only give scum more to work with and I think we have enough claims for this DP to make a decision