Debates: 33
AustinL0926
FLIPS:

Lynched DP1: Joebob, Algebraic Notation, Flipped Tracker

Killed NP1: Savant, Pawn, Miller Soldier

Lynched DP2: Barney, Pin, Conditional Roleblocker

Killed NP2: whiteflame, Draw Offer, Offering Gladiator

Lynched DP3:

Vader - You are Anatoly Karpov! You are a former World Champion, and an incredibly strong one at that. You are known for your unique style called “prophylaxis”, which involves predicting the other player’s plans and then preventing them. In addition, you are still widely admired in the chess world despite being a Putin bootlicker. Thus, you are the Godfather Predictive Role Thief. If you are investigated by a cop, you will be investigated as innocent. Each night, you may choose two players. If either of these players are lynched the next day, then you will steal the remaining player’s role for the night, allowing you to use it and blocking them from using it. You win with the mafia. 

Killed NP3:

Earth - You are Stockfish! You are the strongest chess engine in the world – a type of program that analyzes a chess position and then calculates the best continuation. While most players use you for learning and studying, some players use you to cheat. At the end of the day, you’re a tool that can be used for good or for evil. Thus, you are the Controllable Cop. Each DAY, you may select a player to use you. You must PM a choice to me before the flip (you can change your choice as many times as you want before then). As a day action, this will not interact with any night actions performed by other players. 

During the night, this player will receive the following message: 

“You have been given the opportunity to use a chess engine to find the best move. You may input the name of a player and receive their alignment. If you choose to use it, then you will forfeit any night actions as if roleblocked. Do you accept?” 

You will not be informed on whether an investigation was carried out, or the result/target of the investigation. 

You win with the town. 

Living Players:

1. Pie
2. Moozer
3. Lunatic

Deadline:

The DP ends 72 hours from the first player post in this thread.

Additional Info:

Good luck!

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
@Moozer325
GL or GG?
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Last night I got information that one role was interfered with. So someone must have got roleblocked.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vaders role is interesting. Theme split players vs chess concepts?
Lunatic
Lunatic
I thought for sure pie would be the night kill tonight
Moozer325
Debates: 9
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Been nice playing with ya'll. If I might ask one more favor, it would be that you maybe reread what I said last round?

VTL Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Btw the delay was partially my fault. I work graveyards and was up all night but I guess moozer didn’t submit his scum action yet, so by the time I got home in the morning I asked Austin to hold the day phase until I woke up, so the initial delay was not my fault. I was reared and ready to go last night

Lunatic
Lunatic
vtl moozer

Game is in your hands mr pie
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Sorry pie, got one more point for my innocence.

I thought for sure pie would be the night kill tonight

yesterday, Earth was all for a Luna/Vader team, so If I was mafia, killing you makes much more sense, because then me and Earth would vote out Luna. There's really no point in playing the reverse phycology game here because it's at the end of the game. 

Luna killed Earth because you were more likely to vote for me instead of him. This might be my first game, but even I would have made the calculation to kill you instead of Earth.

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
VOTECOUNT:

Lunatic (1/2): Moozer
Moozer (1/2): Lunatic

Chess is art, science, sport, and tragedy.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
How am I alive
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Because Luna is scum. Like I said, it makes no sense to play reverse psychology here. If I was scum, all I had to do was kill you, and me and Earth get Luna. But if Luna is scum, killing Earth does the same thing. And if he tried to play reverse phycology and get you instead, I don't think Earth would have bought it, so it's safer to just go and kill who is more convenient to be dead.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
Because Luna is scum. Like I said, it makes no sense to play reverse psychology here. If I was scum, all I had to do was kill you, and me and Earth get Luna. But if Luna is scum, killing Earth does the same thing. And if he tried to play reverse phycology and get you instead, I don't think Earth would have bought it, so it's safer to just go and kill who is more convenient to be dead.
Are you kidding me? I 100% would have killed pie as scum. He was a town confirmed, there was still a chance to try and spin an earth mislynch, albeit a low chance. This reeks of a noob kill who was scared of earths ability because they misunderstood how it worked. 
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
If I was scum, why would I purposely put myself in this situation? I had every reason to kill Pie, but he's still here. 

Think about it, if you we're me, would you rather be with someone who will vote for me doubtless and a confirmed town, or with someone who will vote for me doubtless, and someone who could go either way?

Luna's argument makes no sense!
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
If I was scum, why would I purposely put myself in this situation? I had every reason to kill Pie, but he's still here. 

Think about it, if you we're me, would you rather be with someone who will vote for me doubtless and a confirmed town, or with someone who will vote for me doubtless, and someone who could go either way?

Luna's argument makes no sense!

Your whole argument yesterday was buttering pie up, you never tried to do that once with earth. It was clear you wanted pie in the lylo situation with you because you thought he would be easier to manipulate
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@Lunatic
Your whole argument yesterday was buttering pie up
My whole argument yesterday was why everyone Pie should lynch Vader first. The only reason I directed most of my arguments at him was because his vote was basically the only one that mattered.

If there is only one person who can make a decision, it's not sucking up to them, it's doing what you have to do if you want anything done your way.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Moozer325
My whole argument yesterday was why everyone Pie should lynch Vader first. The only reason I directed most of my arguments at him was because his vote was basically the only one that mattered.

Which doesn't help your case because you were only on him yesterday once we had the POE narrowed down, and supa was the godfather meaning the other mafia likely has a power role. You chose supa because his role had less impact. I on the other hand have suspected supa from day one and called him out for it big time in dp1 and 2. You only just started scum reading him. 

If there is only one person who can make a decision, it's not sucking up to them, it's doing what you have to do if you want anything done your way.
You played this situation perfectly to your hand. Gotta admit, pretty clever for a noob. Never underestimating you again, though im sure a lot of help was given to you by supa who i am beginning to respect more and more lately. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
If you’re scum, you deserve the win
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
If you’re scum, you deserve the win
I absolutely promise you i'm not scum here man. Not been my best game, but neither was the office mafia and I was town there too lol. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I absolutely promise you i'm not scum here man. Not been my best game, but neither was the office mafia and I was town there too lol. 
Even if you are scum, definitely well played. Like your play since the beginning of the game has been brilliant
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Even if you are scum, definitely well played. Like your play since the beginning of the game has been brilliant
Not sure how to respond to that because as town I feel like this has been a horrible game for me. But I blame a bit on the mod because of the set up seems a bit crazy to me. Joebobs role, the two town roleblockers, of course barney and joebobs behavior were at part a play of their lynch too, especially when barney was blatantly lying I was almost sure he was scum. But thanks I guess? lol
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Well we've both said all we can, I'll just lay it all out here, and hope you make the right decision. 

Point #1

Back in DP3, Vader made a big point about Luna being safe because he was with you. This does make some sense, but then Vader turns out to be scum, so why would they try to protect someone if they weren't on a team with him? Wouldn't you want the keep the options as open as possible if you were scum? But no, Vader specifically went to say that Luna was safe.

Point #2

This one is pretty simple, so I'll keep it short. I was the first so claim. You could argue that it was because I was new, but my scum partner definitely wouldn't have let me do that, and I would have listened to them, because I'm new. Also, My claim fits in really well with some of the other flipped claims. I claimed first, without knowing what the other roles would be. If I was scum, I would have said something along the lines of Bishop, because it's chess Mafia, and I bet you would have too. Instead, I claimed a more abstract concept, and lo and behold, it turns out that what most of the claims were.

Previous Arguments

I said some stuff back in DP3 that I think I phrased pretty well, so instead of repeating it, I'll just stick it here.

My main point here is that I was the first to claim. At face value, that isn’t a great argument, but I like to look at things with hypothetical POVs, so let’s do that. Let’s say that I am scum. It’s generally not a great idea anyways, but you could argue that I was new, and didn’t know the strats, but you have to remember that I would have had a partner, who definitely would have disused me from that. 

Also, if I faked my claim, I came up with it very fast, and it fits perfectly with the other ones. 

If I were to fake a claim, I would have chosen a chess piece, and I think most of you would have too. I was very surprised, when most of the claims were lots of chess tactics and mechanics, like the pin. My claim was made before I had any way of telling what the roles would be called, I claimed one that matches up exactly with the others. 

My final point for now, is if I was mafia, who is my partner? You can say that the plan was to keep me distanced from my partner, but that doesn’t hold a lot of water when you check it out. You would Ideally like my relationship to my fellow mafia man to be either neutral or against, but I have been very polarizing in my alliances, and everyone I stood by is dead.

From my POV, It could be Vader, Earth, and Luna. Earth doesn't get a complete pass, but he did get roleblocked last night, so that helps his case some. I also think he has a good role claim, but most of my argument as to why it isn't him revolves around how Luna and Vader have interacted together. 

Vader has been trying to cover for Luna, saying that they get a pass because they allied with you. This makes some sense, but it's the only argument I've heard so far, and it doesn't work that well. If Luna was scum, then they would know that Pie was town, and thus wasn't lying about being confirmable, because he had no reason too. So Luna latched on to Pie in order to try and get a pass, while Vader backed it up.

Luna made an argument as to why I'm scum, so I'll finish by rebutting that. 

My role makes sense with a lot of flipped roles.
Yeah, but you waited forever to claim, and I was right out the door with it. It makes sense that you’re claim fits, because you saw the other ones first.

I wouldn't have killed Savant dp1. That kill makes no sense to me. 

I would argue that it makes sense, only because it doesn’t make sense. You used you’re kill to draw the attention away from you and bolster you’re argument with a somewhat unrelated kill.

Nobody really makes sense here as my scum partner.
I would argue that Vader makes total sense because they were saying you were fine, just because you allied with pie. Besides, this same argument could be used for me. How am I a better Match to Vader than you?

I conclusion, I can see where everyone is coming from when they accuse me, and I understand, but Vader is at least more of a suspect than me. I maintain a Luna/Vader team, but if you still think Vader/Me, at least vote for Vader, unless they can come up with a good defense. That’s my two cents. 

Conclusion

It all boils down to really a choice between the first to claim, and someone who was vouched for by the other scum. Hope you make the right decision Pie, and either way, it's been real fun playing with ya'll. Hope we can do it again sometime.
Moozer325
Moozer325
-->
@ILikePie5
Sorry, I just thought of one more thing

Point #3

You said it yourself, lynching you would be the best move for me if I was scum, but Earth got lynched. For more details, refer back to my earlier statement, but in summary, Earth dying last night makes much more sense if Luna was scum, not me. And you can't really argue the reverse phycology side, because we're too late in the game to play that. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
@Moozer325
Point #1

Back in DP3, Vader made a big point about Luna being safe because he was with you. This does make some sense, but then Vader turns out to be scum, so why would they try to protect someone if they weren't on a team with him? Wouldn't you want the keep the options as open as possible if you were scum? But no, Vader specifically went to say that Luna was safe.

POE had you guys narrowed down since yesterday, all vader knew he could do was hope to get lynched instead of you so you could use your role tonight, as I am guessing you are the power role out of the two mafia members. Notice how he didnt even really try to defend himself or pin the lynch on you beside a cursory "vote for moozer"? You were the only one presenting a case for yourself. He was just hoping to get lynched tonight. My role tells me someone was interfered with so I know that you still have to have some decent kind of role here.

Point #2

This one is pretty simple, so I'll keep it short. I was the first so claim. You could argue that it was because I was new, but my scum partner definitely wouldn't have let me do that, and I would have listened to them, because I'm new.
Quite the contrary. Your scum partner would have told you to get ready to claim asap, because noobs always get pressured dp1. You claimed early and want a noob excuse for that, but you don't think you get a noob excuse for the absolutely attrocious way you used your role? You ENABLED someone who is now confirmed scum, and you threw away your protection willy nilly. You can't pick and choose what you get noobie excuses for. I am starting to doubt the noob thing at all actually. I think you have been playing calculated as hell, and it's honestly quite brilliant for how new you are. Props to your scum play so far.

My role makes sense with a lot of flipped roles.
Yeah, but you waited forever to claim, and I was right out the door with it. It makes sense that you’re claim fits, because you saw the other ones first.
I literally claimed the first time I was asked. I didn't really need to though because I was the one confirming pie when he was the most suspected.

I wouldn't have killed Savant dp1. That kill makes no sense to me. 

I would argue that it makes sense, only because it doesn’t make sense. You used you’re kill to draw the attention away from you and bolster you’re argument with a somewhat unrelated kill.
Except I don't do that and never have done that. I target people who I deem the biggest role threat. And I was pivotal in keeping the power roles from claiming dp1, like they are prone to do in most games lately. I was the one advocating stopping after the three claims we had dp1. By POE, I would have known to go after someone like earth, whiteflame or barney based on POE. So again why the hell would I kill savant? Especially if you think my angle is to support pie heavily, pie would have eventually gone after savant because his policy of lynching all millers. Made 0 sense for me to kill savant. 

I would argue that Vader makes total sense because they were saying you were fine, just because you allied with pie. Besides, this same argument could be used for me. How am I a better Match to Vader than you?
Because I have suspected vader publicly since day phase 1 and 2. I put him on blast and called him out for his flip flop on the joebob lynch. No one else did. You never called him out til it was forced for you to do so. You also enabled supa, the known mafia, with your role. You can't explain that one away. 

Point #3

You said it yourself, lynching you would be the best move for me if I was scum, but Earth got lynched. For more details, refer back to my earlier statement, but in summary, Earth dying last night makes much more sense if Luna was scum, not me. And you can't really argue the reverse phycology side, because we're too late in the game to play that. 
I would not have killed earth. It is pointless. His role was a day giving role, so killing him at night would literally do nothing. Also pie was town confirmed, in what world wouldn't I have killed him as scum? You were the one trying to appeal to him so hard last day phase, I think you hoped you could manipulate him by keeping him alive this day phase. I on the other hand have never once tried manipulating pie, I've known he was town since day one because of him visiting me at night. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Heads up im about to drive to work, won't be able to post for an hour or so while im driving there, clocking in and getting pass downs etc. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@AustinL0926
VTL MOOZER
Lunatic
Lunatic
<3
Lunatic