Sam Stevens should not have been banned

Author: Wylted

Total: 120
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Outplayz
Alternatively, if one is too cruel a bully to please the others, maybe the mods should remind one how harsh the Internet can be indeed; should they not?
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
As far as I know, Sam accused another member of identity fraud and posted a bunch of links revealing private information to prove it.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Castin
He actually just posted a profile of who that member wasn't. If he posted her facebook profile the ban would ve understandable
Wylted
Wylted
I think I was the one to report his post. I assumed he was posting her real profile and I was being protective. Had I realized he was posting a profile that was not hers I would not have made the report. Sorry sam if that report got you unjustifiably banned
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
I'm just going off what Sam told me. Since his intent was to expose that user, he had to present personal information about both people and compare their differences.

DrChristineFord
Debates: 2
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
So why did she make a fake profile?  Did the Rachel in question get harassed because of it?  And how do her DDO friends feel about this - do they feel betrayed or is this kind of deception normal to you? 

It's none of my business but I'm JUST SO CURIOUS.  Thanks.

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Castin
You seem really nice.  You inspire me to be nice.  So I will not link in the third theory of identity I have (imabench's deleted post was the second).   Because. these are real people.
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Castin
 Probably best to ban me just in case though. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
"I'm just going off what Sam told me. Since his intent was to expose that user, he had to present personal information about both people and compare their differences. "

No, that is an exaggeration. He showed a profile that was not hers and perhaps suggested it is absurd to think zarroette was that girl because she the girl was an animal lover and shit. We are all already aware of everything supposedly exposed

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
"So why did she make a fake profile?  Did the Rachel in question get harassed because of it?  And how do her DDO friends feel about this - do they feel betrayed or is this kind of deception normal to you? "

You know I consider her my only genuine friend on the site., i did feel a bit betrayed but no big deal. Her actual identity is none of my business. She or he is perfectly within their rights to create whatever identity they want on this site.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
Send me the deleted post please. I am curious and I will deny you sent it to me. 
Wylted
Wylted
It is unfortunate if her actions caused the girl to get harassed. Hopefully that did not occurr, but seeing as how zarroetted is even more divisive than me and I recieve death threats on a near daily basis, I assume it occurred
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
I don't have a copy of the deleted post.  I remember the name, but I don't think it's right.  You should just speak to bench I guess.
Castin
Castin
-->
@DrChristineFord
If you hop onto Discord and PM Sam about it he'll probably give you the whole scoop. He was nice enough to do it for me, at least.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
I'll pass
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
You know I consider her my only genuine friend on the site., i did feel a bit betrayed but no big deal.
Really? How come? I don't know why, but it's not a friendship I would have expected.

I have a long history of unlikely friendships myself.

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
 If it was me, I would mind a lot.  But I've never really figured out online.  I've had online friendships that feel real.   Maybe they are.   Maybe they aren't.  And does it matter if people lie about who they are?  Does "who they are" even mean anything?

It seemed to me, when Zarroette "came out" as pretty that the way she was treated on DDO completely changed, for the better .  So it could be just a general strategy (apart from throwing the actual Rachel under a bus).   A lot of people say what you said, that personal identity doesn't matter.  How can a fundamental deception like that not matter though?

If bench is right, she wasn't even a school student when she says she was.  I suppose that was all strategy too.  Everyone got protective.

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
You say it doesn't matter, but if that's the case, why ask to see the missing post.  It matters.  But, at the same time, maybe it's all just a game.  Idk. 
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
I suppose if everyone assumes that everyone is lying, there's no real deception. 

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
There's the inconsistency of it mattering.  There's also the inconsistency of you saying in the OP that it was widely known, but then later that you didn't know.  Those inconsistencies make me uneasy. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DrChristineFord
She used only the face. Her name and persona, including job and studies etc were all real.
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
When you asked if she'd stolen facebook photos and she said "lol no".   

That is all.

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@RationalMadman
Why do you even care?  You were banned the whole time. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DrChristineFord
I am hardly going to take the bait of an irrelevant troll such as yourself trying to call me the same. Pot-kettle-black except I am not actually an irrelevant troll to DDO and DART. DDO made EVERY MEMBER become irrelevant to it by a community that was sadistic and conformist by bullying any who didn't hate the site and think debating was worthless by the end of it be the only ones who remained and thrived.

DART/DarC/DA is different in the best ways. I am relevant here and I knew Zarro more than Wylted ever will. Wylted judges people on surface-level and thinks he knows them deeply. I have pm'd Zarro in even her most toxic state and showed understanding and care.
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@RationalMadman
Okay. I wasn't trying to bait you.  I just wondered.  Fair enough.
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
I think there's two things we can agree on, because I am neither of these people:

1) We should leave Rachel alone

2) We should leave alone the Cassandra that Daniel Bench mentioned

It would be disappointing if a petty DDO/Dart flamewar spilled into real people's lives. Let's not let that happen.
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Analgesic.Spectre
There's nothing petty about this.

Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@DrChristineFord
Please calm down. Your antics are dragging innocent people into this.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@Castin
What user claimed to be who?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
"Really? How come? I don't know why, but it's not a friendship I would have expected."

We have talked since before ger first ban on DDO. I have gotten to know her pretty well. She reminds me of my younger self, except better than my younger self. I also have a lot of respect for her because of her conviction for her beliefs and her tenacity.  I have considered her my friend since about 2 weeks after she started DDO. She is often unfairly a target for hate and ridicule and I disagree with how people like Sam Stevens have treated her. With that said, his ban was unwarranted