Sam Stevens should not have been banned

Author: Wylted

Total: 120
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
"When you asked if she'd stolen facebook photos and she said "lol no".   

That is all."

The answer she gave in public possibly out of embarrassment and the answer she gave in PMs is different. Even before we became friends I had caught her lying about her age, so it is not a friendship that started off with her being honest. 

I think it says a lot about people though that she found a picture of an undeniably prettt girl, very attractive, and was still made fun of for her appearance. She has been rough around the edges but she has never tried to tear somebody down the way people have targeted her. Calling her ugly and unfuckable because of the picture. I'm not sure your beef with her. I don't think it is okay to go after her like she has been gone after. I think this is the one place we should be able to be ourselves. If she is a fat dude in a basement but wants us to see her as a pretty young girl, I'm not sure there is any harm in that. If people found out that I am really a 92 year old lady, I am not sure that should matter. Maybe because I have felt close to her it should seem different, but trust is a very hard thing. Or maybe if she is some fat dude in a basement, she was afraid we couldn't be friends if I found out. I understand. I would be friends with her regardless of her outside appearance. 

Wylted
Wylted
DART/DarC/DA is different in the best ways. I am relevant here and I knew Zarro more than Wylted ever will."

I hope not. I hope she does not treat you as any sort of confidant. I don't want you to use thay information against her when you start labeling her as a bully, for some sort of misplaced revenge or "justice seeking". 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
Why is it not petty?  Is their something I am missing? 
Zeichen
Debates: 0
Zeichen
lol
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
No, bc that's simply a power trip and pushing your views on others. Being able to get over them banning you is what would correlate to being able to put up with the internet. I'm sure he will, he seems to be the type to not be affected by stupid internet junk. People should also be able to put up with a bully. If they can't, they have some self actualizing and personal growth to do. And what better place to practice putting a bully in his/her place than the internet. This site is devoiding people of that growth. 
DrChristineFord
Debates: 2
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
If you deceive people for years and steal someone's identity then it's not your place to decide whether or not their reaction is petty when they find out. 

You said yourself that Rachel has probably been receiving death threats and this Cassandra that bench referred to  probably has too.  They can't both be Zarroette.  She says neither of them are.

If the photo isn't hers then it wouldn't have affected her much to be told she's ugly.  She was setting up a real straw man.

A fat man in a basement pretends to be an aggressive, pretty girl online for several years.  Why?  If she's faking profiles, why not just be a man or herself?  There's nothing petty about that psychologically.

Of course there's things you are missing.  This is all that you already know, and already it's not petty.  So why ask?  And if it doesn't matter whether she's old/young/fat/thin/pretty/ugly/male/female what kind of thing could you be missing that could make a difference to you? 

DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
They should just ban us all.  If I was a mod, that is what I would do.  Ban everyone and then sit in silence.  Maybe they're building up to that.

Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@DrChristineFord
If I could tell my 15 year old self not to use those pictures, and I think she would listen, I would do it. However, I can't. I made a mistake as a depressed, broken and desperate 15 year old and there isn't much I can do to undo that. I really didn't want to be alive or myself, and so I decided to pretend to look like someone else.

Well over two years ago, I stopped using those pictures. I've made it clear that the pictures are not me. People like you, Dr Christine Ford, continue attack and create drama about something that cannot be fixed further. You need to relax.

But the alarming issue is how people have responded to this:

(1) We've had imabench and YYW (coal) watch hours upon hours of Youtube footage, attempting to find me at my university graduation, in an attempt to doxx me. They then posted her linkedin and other contact information on DDO, in an attempt to have her attacked by trolls. This has dragged a completely different Cassandra into this.

(2) We've had zmikecuber relentlessly hunt down information about me, in order to find Rachel's Facebook and personal life, and then posted this information on DDO. Who knows how many hours he spent doing this. He then attempted to blackmail me into posting a picture of my real self, Facebook and revealing my identity, or else he would harass Rachel for the information. He ended by gossiping about every private conversation we've ever had.

(3) We've had SamStevens come out of the blue to launch this doxxing campaign against me, after well over a year of it happening on DDO (and thus no one really caring about it). He's dragged all the people I supposedly am back into it, thereby allowing them to be attacked again.

I mean, why would anyone want to post their real pictures on here, given the utterly toxic reactions it provokes? I'm not excusing the fact that I made a mistake as a 15 year old, but wow, just look at how callous these people have been. I'm just so thankful that we have moderation which is clamping down on this horrible doxxing, of which is dragging innocent people into this.

Again, please stop harassing these innocent people. I've made it clear that I'm neither of them. All you're doing is inciting trolls to harass and attack innocent people. There is no need to continue this petty drama.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@DrChristineFord
I guess I should clarify. It is okay to lie about your identity. It is not ethical to steal identities. I do get threatened frequently and she creates more enemies than I do. So she has likely caused both individuals tp get death threats. I am not defending those actions. Cassie (or whatever her name is), is my friend. I think she has done spme bad things. I also think people pick on her a little much. It seems like I can advocate for molesting kids and I would catch less shit than she does for things like suggesting the weekly stupid can hurt some people's self esteem.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
We have talked since before ger first ban on DDO. I have gotten to know her pretty well. She reminds me of my younger self, except better than my younger self. I also have a lot of respect for her because of her conviction for her beliefs and her tenacity.  I have considered her my friend since about 2 weeks after she started DDO. She is often unfairly a target for hate and ridicule and I disagree with how people like Sam Stevens have treated her. With that said, his ban was unwarranted
That's cool. Do you find that you gravitate more to people who have been banned or sanctioned by an authority?

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mharman
What user claimed to be who?
I assume you've now gleaned the answer to this question.

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
Sam was banned for providing specific details about another user which indicated that (a) Sam had doxxed the other user and (b) could easily lead another user to learn the identity of the doxxed user. In fact, Sam suggested that he wanted his information to be used by others to dox the user in question. So, moderation considered this case to be serious, given the content and the intent behind it.

bsh1
bsh1
Sam will be unbanned in two days anyway. This incident, moderation hopes, will strongly discourage future misconduct, particularly that which strays into doxxing territory. We chose not to issue a longer ban because Sam has, in general, not displayed other significant misconduct on the site, but we chose not to issue a shorter ban because of the seriousness of the kind of offense committed. I don't anticipate having to ban Sam in the future, because I believe he is a generally good user with a solid understanding of how the rules work, esp. now that he and I have had a more thorough discussion on doxxing.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Castin
"That's cool. Do you find that you gravitate more to people who have been banned or sanctioned by an authority?"

I do, but that is not why in this situation. I can't disclose why without revealing personal information disclosed to me.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I have talked to Sam in a hangout and he is relaying different informatiom to me than you are. Also how much do I have to pay you to get a live debate with you? 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Trying to find ways to not offend anyone but yet make a meme out of this...
Vader
Vader
In all serious, I never though Sir Sammy would try to doxx people like that. He seemed like someone chill, but yet one to not be fucked with
DrChristineFord
DrChristineFord
-->
@Wylted
Thanks for answering my questions. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
I've explained why he was banned. When offered the chance to defend himself, Sam chose not to contest the facts of what he did, or that he was attempting to dox anyone. Instead, Sam asserted that rules against doxxing were suspended in AMAs, which is not the case. From my perspective, that's all there is to say. Sam chose not to offer a substantive defense, and, frankly, admitted to the charges in his response to me. The ban was entirely appropriate.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
He is a toxic user who relishes in others' suffering. Are you seriously saying all his bullying on Discord, Hangouts and here are just nonexistent? Maybe we need a new chief mod.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Sam, like several other users, received warnings about conduct which was deemed by moderation to be inappropriate. However, any other infractions were either covered by the warnings or were not sufficient enough on their own to demand a ban longer than 15 days, which was already a significant length of time.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Let me just restate the facts so everyone can understand what you consider doxxing. 

Sam states "analgesic is not this specific facebook profile" in response you state something like "since you have narrowed down the list of 6,000,000,000 possible people to 5,999,999,999, you have doxxed her and shall be banned". 

Do you find it all hypocritical that I am not being banned for stating virtuoso is not a Somali Pirate. There are probablly 500 Somali pirates atleast so I did more to dox virtuoso than he did to dox analgesic. 

Wylted
Wylted
"Sam asserted that rules against doxxing were suspended in AMAs, which is not the case. From my perspective"

This was yoyr mistake Sam. Agreeing that stating she was not a specific facebook user was doxxing. It doesn't meet the definition Sam. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
Finally someone tells me what happened. Okay, i reverse my judgement. That sounds like doxxing to me. Or 'an attempt to' which should also be discouraged. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
I think posts where banned users are discussed should be locked until the ban is over. Mods discussing banned users who can't respond is one of many problems on the site. Those with no information posting on this is a problem with the site. Waiting till someone is banned to talk smack about them when they can't respond or flag a comment is bs. Discussing anyone's ban with other members is bs.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
He responded on the new discord. But this is the smartest thing you said in a while...

AND I HAVE TO BE VERY NICE NOW BECAUSE BSH MAY GET OFFENDED THAT I AM DEFENDING MYSELF
Wylted
Wylted
I gave the most accurate interpretation of events so them conmenting on it was unnecessary, but you are wrong. There should be a public log of every ban and the reasons behind them to eliminate some risk of mods abusing their power
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
So Sam simply wasn't able to "offer a substantive defense"?

Yeah, let's not involve concepts like burden of proof...

On a debate site of all things...
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Pretty typical of SJWs, they want the burden of proof on the accused which is why they will destroy people's careers based on hearsay, and why Hillary Clinton asked that the presumption of innocence be removed in rape allegations. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Wylted
I guess I can't comment on that since I am a racist, misogynist, and literally genocidal, and who wants to listen to someone like that? I mean, I have been accused of such things over the years on DDO and here on DART anyway so it all must be true.