Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics

spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@Tejretics
no it doesn't, and respond to the questions I asked in your political ama !!!
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
What spacetime said
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Fuck DDO and fuck Airmax too. One big corrupt shithole is all it ever was and will be.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
i miss ddo :(
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@RationalMadman
If Juggle wasn't so incompetent DDO would be alive and well. The polls and opinions section were the beginning of the end. 
Fallaneze
Debates: 0
Fallaneze
DDO is gone.

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@David
Who is Juggle?
David
David
-->
@Alec
Juggle is the company that bought DDO back in its heyday. 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@David
pretty sure juggle only bought Debate.org for the name.
David
David
-->
@Ramshutu
yep. They bought it for about 100K I believe. If they sell the domain in sure it’s worth a lot more now 
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@David
They could sell it to revive the site, but if they do they should sell it to a smaller company instead of a giant like Google or Facebook.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Tejretics
What was hopeful in your link exactly?
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Castin
Most likely that a forum post can be made by a non-bot.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Castin
As in 'where there's life there's hope', I presume.

As  to how much DDO is worth, I think the dollar value of a website is related to how attractive it is to advertisers.   Debate sites tend to have a small a number of visitors (<20) who return multiple times and are probably not big spenders.  i don't think it's worth much to advertise to our liitle group of misfits and social indequates.  

An ad on Facebook will be seen by half the world's population - on DA it will be seen by you, me and polywitch.

On sites like fb and twitter one interacts with the site, not other members directly.  A million fb users represent one milion interactions, but in a forum format members interact with each other directly so n members produce 9! interactions.  Only 9 members are needed to get over a milllion possible interactions.  Thus sites like DDO and DA can never grow beyond having a few active members before it either blows up or fissions.

It is simply not possible for a group of 200 people to mutually interact the way half-a-dozen can.

Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@Castin
The auto-capitalization after punctuation marks is gone -- so maybe it's an indicator that Juggle might try to be involved?
Castin
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
@Barney
Being able to post to the site has been common knowledge for months. And the site has had the same trickle of activity for months.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Tejretics
The auto-capitalization after punctuation marks is gone -- so maybe it's an indicator that Juggle might try to be involved?
Oh I see. Well, don't get your hopes up. It's not really proof of anything.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Tejretics
I am fairly certain juggle doesn’t exist any more. The subsiding company OneSpace doesn’t really do the same thing, and the domain related services and emails don’t appear to be answered.

Stuff working and not working is not an indication anything is being worked on - many websites link to external libraries, when they are updated they can cause (or fix) problems. The issue could be as simple as some library being updated on the 3rd party server. 

DDO is unlikely to be source of revenue for the company, and my bet is there’s just some email that gets checked once In a blue moon when someone remembers. If that. I doubt you’ll get much more than the occasional patch, if your lucky - and that is presuming there is anyone who remembers the site even exists.

I suspect one of three things will happen: 

1.) The site becomes more and more buggy and then gets shut down when the domain expires.
2.) The site winks out of existence one day just like juggle.com
3.) The site is shut down and is replaced with the content of someone else who bought the domain rights.

I suspect that there is a reasonable chance of ddo simply winking out of existence with no warning as a result. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Ramshutu
DDO is unlikely to be source of revenue for the company, and my bet is there’s just some email that gets checked once In a blue moon when someone remembers. If that. I doubt you’ll get much more than the occasional patch, if your lucky - and that is presuming there is anyone who remembers the site even exists.
Someone is working on it to keep the debate and opinion topics up-to-date and there is some new functionality.   I'd say it as about as busy as DA but Willow, Harikrish and Ethang5 have the religion forum pretty much to themselves.   I'm not sure they've noticed or care!

It only takes a small number of (ie  5 or 6) good members or trolls to make or break sites like DDO or Dart for users.  I don't know if they are ever money spinners for the owners.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@keithprosser
Ive not seen any indication of anything that points to maintenance by juggle, so I’m not quite sure what your referencing. The important aspect about money is that if a site doesn’t make money, it appears less of a concern for Juggle - or the next company, so investing in maintenance is likely less important.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
There have been people posting there for since the migration here. Shit I can't even log into my account. It's needs closed and restarted by someone who gives a crap.