God is not....

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 106
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@Goldtop
As you can see Keith, ET is so far gone bat shit crazy, he believes his insane delusions are facts.
Thayt's why I'm not in the mood to argue with him. 

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@EtrnlVw
So you admit there is no room for learning things outside your own paradigms? are you sure you want to admit that?
Yep.  I've done all the learning things  i'll ever need.   It teaching idiots like you I need to do now.

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@EtrnlVw
So in other words you don't believe God exists? or you have another idea about God?
I believe in knowledge I have of "God". It's not my intention to make you doubt about your beliefs, but "God" is more of knowledge than of a real object. "God" exists, of course, as well as "happiness" exists and "evil" exists.

"God" is then a concept that we all human beings need to understand for our own sake as species.

Il Diavolo
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
Teach away then, let's see what ya got to offer. As of yet, members should be asking themselves why you are here in the religion forums and should they be interacting with you at all. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@IlDiavolo
I believe in knowledge I have of "God". It's not my intention to make you doubt about your beliefs, but "God" is more of knowledge than of a real object. "God" exists, of course, as well as "happiness" exists and "evil" exists.

Knowledge in and of itself is not classified as God, I'm not really sure what your point is. If you don't believe in an intelligent higher power then there is no need to use that term. 

"God" is then a concept that we all human beings need to understand for our own sake as species.

The concept, in your view has become irrelevant I believe. If I may ask, what problem do you have with God as a higher conscious Being? 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
Why? What point is there to that? What will we learn? What can we achieve? How do we benefit from that understanding?

Goldtop
Goldtop
Teach away then, let's see what ya got to offer.
You're not interested in learning anything even though you have a great deal to learn. That has already been tried on many occasions by a lot of people, but you don't care what anyone else says, you just want to feed us your delusions and call them facts.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
At least they admit to being trolls. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@keithprosser
As you can see Keith, ET is so far gone bat shit crazy, he believes his insane delusions are facts.
Thayt's why I'm not in the mood to argue with him. 

No, I only say crap I don't believe lol, you guys are unbelievable. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@EtrnlVw
Knowledge in and of itself is not classified as God, I'm not really sure what your point is. If you don't believe in an intelligent higher power then there is no need to use that term. 
I understand I can believe in values, morals, and why not in knowledge. Knowledge is freedom.

The concept, in your view has become irrelevant I believe. If I may ask, what problem do you have with God as a higher conscious Being?
I'm not sure if there is such a higher conscousness. I'm agnostic and I cannot know about that.

What I'm pretty sure though is that the "God" the bible refers to is not the higher conciousness you claim it exists. It's impossible to know that.

What I believe, according to my knowledge of history, is that people made up those stories about a creator as many cultures actually did. The jews were not the only human group that came up with such definitions. There are a plethora of religions out there claimining the same thing, why should I believe the jew's story is the right one? What I believe is that human beings have always tended to create stories in order to explain what they cannot explain, like for example our origins and the creation of this universe. Of course, the easier way to do that is by creating an omnipotent being, but how do we know this is true? All of it was cooked up in people's head, I'm afraid. This is the typical people's behaviour we have to acknwoledge and we don't need to be embarrassed, this is what we are.

Besides, what if these ancient human groups had a sort of contact with alliens and they interpreted this contact as if they were "angels"? The bible refers several times to flying ships and people appearances, so it's not far fetched to think they were alliens. Why rule out these possibilities?

Il Diavolo
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Goldtop
Why? What point is there to that? What will we learn? What can we achieve? How do we benefit from that understanding?

It doesn't matter how many times I explain this to you, you will never understand it.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
You haven't explained anything primarily because you don't know how to explain something. See your hilarious failure in the Science forum to observe what I'm referring.
Goldtop
Goldtop
you guys are unbelievable
We're unbelievable? Says the guy who talks to Overlords in other galaxies.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@IlDiavolo
The bible refers several times to flying ships and people appearances, so it's not far fetched to think they were alliens. Why rule out these possibilities?
Because there is limit to such 'possibilities'.   There must be thousands of 'theories' regarding god and jesus out there.  If someone hs a feft-field idea its upto them to make it respectable. 

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Goldtop
You haven't explained anything primarily because you don't know how to explain something. See your hilarious failure in the Science forum to observe what I'm referring.
Maybe this article can explain it.

www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/some-assembly-required/201404/what-constitutes-spiritual-awakening

Religions are just one way to wake up spiritually.

Il Diavolo
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@keithprosser
That is the point. It's quite difficult to prove there is a "suitable God" for each religion, let alone a proof of a higher conciousness.

But focusing on the matter at hand, I see Christians usually "huminise" God to the point that it's impossible to believe in a God like this, almost a human.

Il Diavolo

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
Maybe this article can explain it.
That's an article on alcohol and drug addiction, is that how you understand God. Nonetheless, you still couldn't explain it, as I predicted. Probably too much alcohol and drugs, Archy?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@IlDiavolo
All gods are the creation of man.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Goldtop
That's an article on alcohol and drug addiction, is that how you understand God. Nonetheless, you still couldn't explain it, as I predicted. Probably too much alcohol and drugs, Archy?

Did you read it all? Make another try, oldy. It's not too late to learn how to read. Do it s-low-ly this time.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@disgusted
All gods are the creation of man.

Very likely.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
The idea that someone might suffer tremendously because out of their own free will they decided to reject God seems to be a way that God respects our free will. Can God hardly be blamed? No one is sent to hell by God, they choose to go there.

Goats and the sheep. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@IlDiavolo
You must be mentally retarded, Archy. Obviously, you didn't read the article.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
No one is sent to hell by God, they choose to go there.
And, another brain dead retard says something incredibly stupid, seems that's all we read in this place nowadays.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
The idea that someone might suffer tremendously because out of their own free will they decided to reject God seems to be a way that God respects our free will. Can God hardly be blamed? No one is sent to hell by God, they choose to go there.

You're forced to accept that a soul has to undergo eternal torture based on a souls lack of awareness and or lack of self control because you don't want to look at Karma and reincarnation. Those two aspects allow the soul to actually learn from its own experiences and eventually make adjustments. For example a murderer.....if that soul has to experience what it put other souls through, possibly several times over that soul will eventually get the point and those experiences will be ingrained into their consciousness as they gain new bodies. Throw a soul in hell for ever and what does that do? how can anyone learn without a second, third, fourth chance?
Rather hell is just a prison, and if you dare to venture outside your particular set of beliefs you will see that sentences in hell correlate with a persons crimes. However, it is temporal, the point is for the soul to learn not be excommunicated forever, that is nonsense. On top of that, its God's own creation.  

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@IlDiavolo
I understand I can believe in values, morals, and why not in knowledge. Knowledge is freedom.

Again, no reason to use the term "God" for that....

I'm not sure if there is such a higher conscousness. I'm agnostic and I cannot know about that.

Okay, but you could learn about it AND experience it. But why not? you yourself are a sentient conscious being, so why reject the idea of another one? or a higher one? is that really that farfetched? consciousness comes from consciousness...

What I'm pretty sure though is that the "God" the bible refers to is not the higher conciousness you claim it exists. It's impossible to know that.

While I do practice and take insights from the Bible I'm not referring to that. I'm an Omnist meaning that religions are the interpretation of that reality and I learn from all of them. That doesn't mean they are all correct either, thy have truth and they have errors.

What I believe, according to my knowledge of history, is that people made up those stories about a creator as many cultures actually did. The jews were not the only human group that came up with such definitions. There are a plethora of religions out there claimining the same thing, why should I believe the jew's story is the right one? What I believe is that human beings have always tended to create stories in order to explain what they cannot explain, like for example our origins and the creation of this universe. Of course, the easier way to do that is by creating an omnipotent being, but how do we know this is true? All of it was cooked up in people's head, I'm afraid. This is the typical people's behaviour we have to acknwoledge and we don't need to be embarrassed, this is what we are.

You can believe that without making the assumption that people just make things up, why assume that instead of accepting that people are trying to interpret what they are observing? to take the position that everyone is lying I have to ask myself how much have you looked into and researched within spirituality?

Besides, what if these ancient human groups had a sort of contact with alliens and they interpreted this contact as if they were "angels"? The bible refers several times to flying ships and people appearances, so it's not far fetched to think they were alliens. Why rule out these possibilities?

Of course, earth is not the only planet with life. There are more galaxies than anyone could ever count...one would have to be real pin-headed to believe that God created all this just for endless empty galaxies and planets. Actually there are many levels to creation, there are many incarnations and beings on all levels however they all come out of the same Reality.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Mopac
So in other words if a soul does not deserve to go to hell, it doesn't go to hell and certainly doesn't get sent there because of "beliefs". That soul is given the chance to learn though lifetimes and circumstances (which could be a form of hell in itself). And as I said, if it does deserve hell through its actions, it's only temporal, the sentence in prison is congruent with the crime committed. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@EtrnlVw
That is all very unnecessary.

If you identify with what defiles the image of God, you are identifying with death. This will not survive the flames of God's glory.

And the flames of God's glory is hell to sin, but unspeakable joy and contentment to righteousness.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Mopac
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Change to what? A brain dead retard like you who says incredibly stupid things all the time?

Why not you be the change to something intelligent, instead? That would certainly make this place a lot better.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
-->
@Goldtop
You must be mentally retarded, Archy. Obviously, you didn't read the article.

Lol. Typical answer when you lack of arguments.

You've got to recognise that reading is not for you.