Proving all (other) religions wrong.

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 526
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
So your saying the nature of one poorly defined term is another poorly defined term.
I'm not going to give you the opportunity to turn this discussion into shit like you always do, you will need to support your assertions. What exactly is poorly defined? in a way where it makes no sense to you? explain please...
Somehow I'm not sure that this gives me any actionable data even if I accept it axiomatically.
Somehow, you just aren't sure about anything, even when it is properly explained and defined.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
Actually if you are asking me to accept a claim with no testable physical evidence then that is exactly what you are asking.

If you don't know what evidence consists of, then you don't know what I'm asking. Funny how you conveniently throw in the term "testable" lol, even though I touched on that in my posts. You won't acknowledge it though, you have a motive here obviously. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
You seem to be getting upset and taking this very personally so I think I will just remind you that rejection of your claims is not a personal attack on you and perhaps when you have calmed down we can try again. If that is you still feel it is worthwhile to have these discussions with me.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@secularmerlin
Science has different goals and methods than spirituality. For example spirituality depends on anecdotal testimony as "evidence" while science dismisses anecdotal testimony as irrelevant and unreliable. Please do not falsely conflate the two.
However, in the end of the day, they are both evidence. I don't understand how you don't see it... why is it "science dismisses as irrelevant" important to you? Just bc scientists say so? The only reason they say it's irrelevant is bc it's not repeatable. But of course it's not. The only things that will be repeatable are things in this reality.. that's all science can test for with it's method currently. They should just say, "we don't have a method" not that it's irrelevant... how do they know? Have they ever met someone like myself? 

See, that kinda annoys me and the heart of this question really is... there are humans that will do anything for power and greed. These humans will muddy the water in anything and everything, science, spirituality, politics, education, name it... there are more humans that will corrupt things than there are honest humans. This annoys me bc i'm not fucking around... I've freaking seen shit. I've experienced things that shouldn't have happened. I know i'm rare bc i've asked people all my life if they've experienced anything and i've still yet to meet anyone that didn't answer "well yeah this 'one' time" this happened. Although still impressive stories... i've lost count of my experiences. 

But i understand how it's easy to write me off... frauds and people that have corrupted this are everywhere. It's easy to say i'm one too. But i'm not. I'm fairly reasonable, i admit my mistakes... but when you ask me how do i know? I've freaking experience stuff that lines up with "something." Now... i can do my best in trying to figure out which platform would answer it best... but i'm doing that off true experiences. 

So, to tell me it's irrelevant is really frustrating but i get it. But, you also don't get that you are talking to something truly not messing around here. I'm not trying to boast, i'm not trying to say i'm special... i'm just saying, i'm a rare freaking person. It's not good either since it clearly messes with my mind. Imagine seeing crap that you can't tell anyone bc they'll think your delusional... that's how it feels. And, that's why i vent here. I'm just saying... until you look at anecdotal experience as evidence... you're just not going to see it.  
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Outplayz
I'm not dismissing your experiences my friend but they are irrelevant in convincing me if the supernatural. I too have had experiences that I cannot explain but at the end of the day they are unexplainable and unexplainable experiences are not evidence of anything except as evidence that humans cannot e plain everything. If you find you are getting frustrated you can always take a short break and we can try again.

Just so we are clear I am not claiming that science can explain everything only that what science cannot e,plain we may have to accept as unexplainable.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@secularmerlin
Just so we are clear I am not claiming that science can explain everything only that what science cannot e,plain we may have to accept as unexplainable.
That's a fair thing to say... i'm okay with unexplainable. What i'm not okay with is that they are irrelevant bc it is evidence if it truly happens. It's just not something we have a means to test for. And, i'm saying "frustrated" loosely. I'm okay with anything that comes my way and quite calm the whole time. The frustration aspect is that everyone thinks your lying bc of the people that took a turd in the subject. I'm more frustrated out the human condition... not skeptics or atheist... i mean crap, even when i hear a story i'm skeptical of it bc i know how many people lie. So i understand. 

As regard to your first paragraph, i would slightly disagree. I can't prove it to you, i agree there... but, i don't fully agree i can't make logical conclusions off my experiences. See, my experiences have spanned almost my whole life. I haven't had one in awhile, but i've also kinda drawn away from the world a bit. Taking a rest in that regard. However, i can make reasonable deductions from my experiences. 

The Vegas one alone has many implications. If you don't remember it's my healing experience. Even if the healing part didn't happen and was just coincidence, i knew up until that moment something was going to happen. If it played out as it did, we can draw some conclusions at least for my own experience. The one i've chosen goes along with all other experiences, but this one is a good example. I created myself here (or some variation of this). If so, then i knew exactly what this experience will be. Therefore, having precognition like this makes sense. Of course, we can also say B-theory of time, i'm psychic, god told me about it... etc. But, in combination with all my other experiences, the one that makes most sense is the 'creating myself here.' Bc if i'm only psychic, then other experiences don't make sense... if it's this or that, other ones don't make sense. Now, i know this is a tentative conclusion i've made and can change... but so far, it answers my entire life spans worth of experiences. 

But let's be clear... i am saying this only for myself. The problem is, i don't know anyone else's experience. And one other conclusion that would make sense is Solipsism and this is my reality. But, that ultimately also doesn't make sense either as much as that's not the case does. The thing is, multiple experiences like i've had are almost like a repeatable test science would have... so, i can kinda draw a good conclusion. But you are right in the end that it's still unexplained bc i don't know what will happen in the future, or how this can lead me somewhere else. But for myself at least... i have a good idea what works best. You can bring up alternatives if you like... i can explain why it's not that bc i've thought most of them through. This is why it's actually good most people don't experience like i have... bc it truly does become an obsession with figuring out what the heck is going on.   

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@keithprosser
Perhaps religions aren't all that different.  They are all based on the idea that events in the world are controlled by supernaural beings (ie gods)who can be influenced by performing ritual acts (religious practices).   The psychology of Roman Catholicism isn't that much different from that of a cargo cult.
I honestly think one has to only look around this world. How many honest people are there? How many people are there that would take advantage of something for power and greed? I think people that corrupt things are a lot more. That's simply what is happening and why i sorta agree i'm an Omnist in that respect. The majority of it has a big fat turd on it bc humans are humans. But, that doesn't mean there aren't honest people too. I mean look at the world... it's just so clear to me. So when people ask me why i don't just "chose one" ... it's bc it's basically impossible that the majority turds didn't corrupt it. But that becomes the hard part and what everyone should do... look for the truth yourself. Don't trust one religion, spiritual teacher, scientists, anyone... Bc you will likely run into one human that wants power and greed and to make money off your dedication to them.  

Edit: That's a bit pessimistic... you can, off your own judgement, find a person you think is being honest... they exist. But still, it's a doggy dog world. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
You seem to be getting upset and taking this very personally so I think I will just remind you that rejection of your claims is not a personal attack on you and perhaps when you have calmed down we can try again.
I'm calmed and never was I not, I made all my objections without anger.... make your point after you have calmed down yourself. I have said nothing that needs further description or relevance we don't need to try again we need you to participate in what's being discussed.
 If that is you still feel it is worthwhile to have these discussions with me.
I'm not getting upset at the rejection of my "claims" I feel no personal attack, but when you claim testimonial claims have no relevance I must question your own empty motives about those claims, why have you decided to ignore a method that correlates with the nature of spirituality? what is worthwhile in our discussions when you have already presupposed it's worthlessness? what is worthwhile to me, is that you understand what I'm saying and apply to yourself if it makes sense. You're not ready to accept what makes sense, you are only willing to accept your personal beliefs which happen to correlate with your bias.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
If you are not upset then neither of us is but your language did seem to be coming from a place of irritation or even anger. I don't think I have ever observed a cuss word in one of your posts before.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
If you are not upset then neither of us is but your language did seem to be coming from a place of irritation or even anger. I don't think I have ever observed a cuss word in one of your posts before.

I'm irritated because you seemed to blow of my original response when it had legit answers. That's enough to cause me to cuss, because I have never dogged or evaded a question consciously only ever tried my best to answer topics and questions directly. So I admit I was irritated, but it was only because of your responses. Anger and irritation does not dictate my knowledge or experience though, it only causes me to limit my responses to you. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
I have, to the best of my knowledge, been unwavering in what evidence I consider sufficient. If you wish to continue plying me with anecdotal testimony you are welcome to but my standard of evidence is not going to change. If you find that irritating all I can say is that this is not my goal.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@secularmerlin
I have, to the best of my knowledge, been unwavering in what evidence I consider sufficient.
Then you have to admit you are wavering in what evidence is relevant to spirituality?
 If you wish to continue plying me with anecdotal testimony you are welcome to but my standard of evidence is not going to change. If you find that irritating all I can say is that this is not my goal.
I think I've established my point enough to observe you are biased to spirituality and religion. The standard is not the problem, it's your denial of what is being observed. You aren't yet willing to observe the actual evidence available. What is applicable....

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@EtrnlVw
Then you have to admit you are wavering in what evidence is relevant to spirituality?
In what way precisely?
aren't yet willing to observer the actual evidence available. 
It doesn't matter what evidence is available if it is insufficient and anecdotal testimony is insufficient regardless of how much is available. I know that isn't what you want to hear but there it is.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@secularmerlin
I personally think every religion that every god that ever existed is like a European colonial power and Earth is their Africa.  Just as the Europeans conquered Africa, these Gods, which are really aliens decided to conquer the Earth.  The rich Gods like Yahweh and Allah bought out/fought for various portions of the Earth which is why both religions are very widespread.  The Buddhist "God" and the Christian God both have given autonomy to their earthbound colonies, which is why atheism exists within these regions prominently.  When atheism becomes the overwhelming belief system within these places (over 90%), then that is basically the controlling God giving the region complete independence.

Does this theory have merit?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Alec
That depends on what evidence you can provide.

Goldtop
Goldtop
EtrnlVw ponders...

I mean it should be obvious something is going on more than peoples imaginations running wild..
No one knows why your imagination runs wild because clearly what you say here is an obvious fabrication or lie...

My beliefs are first based on my own experiences and observation of this world, they are then reinforced/confirmed through cross examination by many sources that correlate with the nature of spirituality. One has to eventually look at how vast an arena of knowledge, information and experience spirituality really is, the numbers involved and the science behind it aren't something to just ignore...
Only someone completely divorced from reality would say such things. Insulting Science like that was completely uncalled for.

Goldtop
Goldtop
EtrnlVw is clueless... 

I think I've established my point enough to observe you are biased to spirituality and religion. The standard is not the problem, it's your denial of what is being observed. You aren't yet willing to observe the actual evidence available.
There is no evidence for your irrational beliefs, that is what everyone is trying to tell you. Talking to Overlords on other planets is a serious delusion and is far from normal behavior. For you to get angry because no can see your hallucinations is a serious problem that requires professional help. Have you talked to a mental health expert about your issues?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@Alec
Maybe in the Bizarro Universe.

disgusted
disgusted
@et
because I have never dogged or evaded a question consciously only ever tried my best to answer topics and questions directly.
You're having a lend. On DDO when you were asked a question you were never seen again in that thread. Your lies are no better.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Alec
What theory?
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@secularmerlin
And yet each would deny that the other is a presentation of spiritual truth.
I think that isn't neccessarily so, because intolerance is a consequence of monotheism.   In the ancient world it was accepted that each people, tribe or city had its own god.  it is only monotheists who claim sole posession of spiritual truth and all else is error and evil.

I think we are used to religions being intolerant because the major western religions derive from judaism which adopted an intolrant form of monotheism in response to the Exile.   Before that Hebrews had believed in many gods, YHWH being the one with which they had special relationhip, as the Baylonians had Marduk and the Canaanites had Baal.   

The exiled priests of YHWH focused jewish identity on yhwhism and strengthened the distinction between yhwh and the foreign gods, to the point where only yhwh was a god at all - at least as for anyone wanting to be considered a loyal Jew.   The first commandment the yhwhist priests placed on the jewish people was "Thou shalt have no other gods before me",  enshrining intolerance into the bedrock of judaism, and by extension into the Abrahamic religions derived from it. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Alec
I personally think every religion that every god that ever existed is like a European colonial power and Earth is their Africa.
Lol... you really have a thing for Africa don't ya? Anyways, that was an interesting theory... but, religion is way more deep-rooted than that. You can make multiple theories. But one of the most obvious is that most people are very malleable... you can feed them anything. Promise them eternity in a place they get 72 virgins, or eternal "happiness" ... or, maybe charge them a couple thousand to see the last pages from our divine alien overlords, or even promise them their own planet... and, they'll follow. Plus, there's the whole indoctrination and believe or i'll kill you stuff too. It's deep, it's mind control. Unfortunately, at present still, people have a hard time thinking for themselves in a deeper sense. That's usually a rare quality. But even then... everything has its dogma. That's truly the hardest thing to escape... even for some deep thinkers.    

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Outplayz
You seem to conflate your imagination with deep thinking, they are not the same thing.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Outplayz
 most people are very malleable... you can feed them anything
I am not sure "malleable" is the right word it implies being forced into a belief.   But indeed a great many people are susceptible to all kinds of lies and cons. I am not sure if it is a need or desperation for something else, it maybe both need and desperation to escape from what most of us call the norm / the rat race.

But even the most intelligent of people will and do fall for anything if it is convincing enough even when shown and proven to be false. Remember the case of   evangelist /healer Peter Popoff. He was proven outright to be a evangelical conman, caught in the act, but still they flocked to him. 

The Reverend Jimmy Jones had amongst his followers doctors, scientist and teachers and they all  but a few, committed suicide after believing and following this messianic fraud. 

Then Waco and Koresh.  There was those  who believed a spaceship was coming in the "rapture"  to be taken up to heaven and were found stone cold dead although the word - rapture doesn't even appear in the bible:  (and neither does the word - bible , or the word - trinity, come to that).  But if these words are pushed with the right amount of conviction by a charismatic leader to a desperate congregation, it will be believed that these are the direct " words of the lord" himself, when they clearly are not. It is a shame that  christians don't find this out for themselves instead of relying totally on the words of teachers and preachers who don't like facts getting in the way of a good story. 

The interesting thing here for me is the fact that even Jesus himself has no idea what is going on or even when this "rapture" is going to happen. 

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” Mark 13:32.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Stephen
I am not sure "malleable" is the right word it implies being forced into a belief.  
Malleable is just one element, i agree. I'm using it in the sense of "easily influenced." But i agree there is more to it than just that. Society needs to be build by someone. Either we make this a spiritual argument or just evolution based. Most people need to be this way in order to do the work needed. If the world was full of intellectuals... nothing would get done. However, this comes with pros and cons. A con being you can use these people for good or evil or just good and bad. Since i think the majority of people society gives power to aren't necessarily good... this reality is the result.

The way i look at it is kinda like an analogy... bc i do think things always balance themselves out. For instance if this was a movie, a battle between Joker and Batman... right now in our reality, it's the Joker's time. He's thriving. But eventually, he should be beat. I think social media will be the catalyst for the better people (not necessarily good since i think pure good as just as rare as pure evil), but the better people can get a hold of things and balance things out. It's just a prediction, so we'll see. 

But with social media and intelligence at our finger tips... the more detrimental beliefs will or should start cancelling out a bit. Same with bad ideas and people. Again, it all comes down to who controls the "malleable" side of the population and to what end. I mean, it's also conceivable that the Joker wins and we're just headed towards a reset, but i would say that's worst case scenario. I'm just curious how and in what form this change will happen. It all really comes down to knowledge and as the OP says, proving what is clearly "more" false than others as wrong. That's really all we can do. Bc no scientist or religious person has any clue to what this reality truly is. I mean, you can feed me plank length and infinite regress... but the way i see it, look up or into yourself... it's all infinite... that's pretty crazy. All we can do is make are best guess to what's wrong and try to fix it or grow.   

Stephen
Stephen
If the world was full of intellectuals... nothing would get done.

I couldn't agree more. As with everyone cannot be a multi millionaire. But these facts, as unbalanced and unfair as they appear -  are quite a pill to swallow for some people.  I have always believed that when it comes down to  religion -   you will always have those that pray and your predator .
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I believe L Ron could of proved a religion to be wrong. Scientology.  
Thus ruling one out. 
Said Trevor.

Proving all other religions wrong. 
Proving one religion right. 
Proving one religion wrong.
Proving all religions right. 

So that's 99% the 1% is for the fact that his made up nonsense could in fact happen.
But that 1% can be smashed to bits with two of many claims in Scientology happening simultaneously kind of.

But if L Ron said he just made it up thennnnnnnnnnn. 
I don't know.
A person Or persons starts a religious group. 
Also L Ron's Scientology wasn't a religion when he was at the helm and living. 

It's almost like asking, What religion is the most correct?

After you've Proved all other religions wrong, you have to start proving things like CORN making humans wrong.
Quails made us.
Screw this.

PASS.

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@secularmerlin
ABRAHAMIC... ????...........A Comic Book Series.... featuring the JEW GOD of MOSES.....invented 1400 years before the JESUS HOAX...then 600                                                   years after the JESUS boy GOD hoax was murdered by ROME per the JEWS demands...some illiterate MUHAMMAD                                                   ARAB guy has his version of the "(Moses meets GOD moment")  and VOILA !   ALLAH is the GOD of GODS !   

THE TRUTH of Abrahamic RELIGIONS =  All 3.....JEW - JESUS -  ALLAH... are human invented fabricated Comic Book HOAXES...all 3 are STOLEN
                                                                    and TWISTED versions of other GOD stories and Religions of the Middle East region going back 3000 
                                                                    years BEFORE the JEW God shows up !  let alone the JESUS and ALLAH GOD invented GARBAGE...

The TIMELINE of history over the last 10,000 years proves beyond any doubt how the JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD hoaxes ARE nothing more than 
twisted versions of other GODS in human history...GODS ?  thousands of them have come and gone just like COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS...the
difference with the ABRAHAMIC GOD GARBAGE is how world class PSYCHOPATH MIND and LIFE MOLESTERS use them as SCAPEGOATS
to enslave the masses of deliberately DUMBED DOWN human ASSES....

THE RESULT....= Unprecedented DEATH and DESTRUCTION using the JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD invented HOAXES to THIS DAY !

None of the CON ARTIST VAMPIRE SCUM  Religious Circus Clowns in Halloween Glory Gowns is concerned with HUMAN and EARTH
WELL BEING..these are OLD MEN acting like a GOD...playing games with the minds and lives of others for POWER and CONTROL

these HUMAN Bible/Torah/Koran spewing PARASITE VAMPIRES are the greatest THREAT to HUMAN - ANIMAL - EARTH....they despise the
OPEN MINDED curious HUMAN and demand total OBEDIENCE to horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE DOGMA they invent and attach 
to their FAKE GOD HOAXES....

Sadly due to the HYPNOSIS PSYCHOSIS these Parasite GOD preaching VAMPIRES induce using FEAR - INTIMIDATION - VIOLENCE as TOOLS
in the name of their totally ASININE God invented HOAXES...the weak and feeble minded humans fall for the ILLUSION that they will SUFFER for
all eternity when they DROP DEAD..unless the SERVE the PARASITES without question..including the MURDER and TORTURE of all who do not
accept and OBEY them.....

So...where the FCK IS THEIR GOD ?  to save these pathetic creatures under the spell of the Parasite VAMPIRES they serve first ?   NOWHERE

All 3 Abrahamic GOD HOAXES remain INVISIBLE and OUT OF TOUCH....what a SCAM....

SOLUTION ?   YES....relegate these 3 STOOGE GOD hoaxes to MYTHOLOGY like they have done to all the other GODS humans invented...
...like ZEUS...ODIN....APOLLO...and thousands more who are no longer USED as GODS by the Parasite VAMPIRES for power and control

.......NO HUMAN EVER needs to be validated and approved to EXIST and DIE by some Parasite VAMPIRE preacher in a Halloween Glory Gown
who plays GOD but ...eats...sleeps...sits on a toilet...and DIES like all other humans...WHAT a DISGUSTING JOKE on HUMANITY these Clowns
of the Abrahamic GOD HOAXES truly are....

Save HUMANITY and EARTH by ridding the planet of these 3 Abrahamic DISEASE...GOD inventions...reduce them to the Comic Book GARBAGE
they truly are and FORGET....going forward....as humanity has done with all the other GODS and RELIGIONS before them.....

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@WisdomofAges
When you act like this it only gives legs to the theistic argument that atheists are angry irrational trolls. Please examine what your actual goal here is and whether or not your current style of post accomplishes the task.
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@secularmerlin
ABRAHAMIC RELIGION ? .......A human fabricated con game for POWER and CONTROL nothing more...there is nothing to argue....anyone who uses
some fabricated "GOD" hoax as a TOOL for DEATH and DESTRUCTION is nothing more than a psychopath murderer cloaked behind
some power obsessed CULT....

INDIA and ASIA have a history of intellectually and enlightenment inspired SPIRITUAL / PHILOSOPHICAL constructs...many are not used to
force assimilation using FEAR - INTIMIDATION - VIOLENCE....but these practices are NEVER DISCUSSED...only the psychotic ABRAHAMIC
psychopath con artists infest this Religious FORUM...they seek as always....CONTROL and ACCEPTANCE of their horrifically VIOLENT and
OPPRESSIVE DOGMA they attach to their invented JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD hoaxes...these Parasites have MURDERED and DESTROYED
countless civilizations since their inception...they are TRULY HELL on EARTH....just look at their base in the MIDDLE EAST = Total CHAOS

All 3 GOD hoax inventions (JEW - JESUS - ALLAH) are still in CONFLICT and WAR....DEATH, DESTRUCTION, OPPRESSION both mentally
and economically FLOURISH...not HEALTH and WELLNESS...all 3 despise each other and conspire to TERRORIZE all who do not accept them

....See any HARE KRISHNA believers MURDERING and TERRORIZING humanity over their GOD ?  how about BUDDHISTS ?  how about 
JAINISM...+++ many other NON VIOLENT approaches to spirituality...NO...NO..say the ABRAHAMIC PSYCHOPATHS they all must be destroyed
and all of their works, temples, also...like completely eradicated from existence !

...the ABRAHAMIC GODS and RELIGIONS attached to them are the TERRORISTS of EARTH...proven throughout the AGES to MURDER and
DESTROY all in their path to assimilate humanity into the JESUS or ALLAH CULTS themselves at WAR against each other...

TIME for these 3 absurd and horrifically OBSOLETE and MURDEROUS religions to be trashed into oblivion...place them into Mythology as a JOKE
to be forgotten as they have done to all the other GODS and Religions long before them.....