Proving all (other) religions wrong.

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 526
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
We do not define God, that is not a very Orthodox thing to do.

The Ultimate Reality. It Is exactly what it Is.

You know what it means.

Now do you believe The Ultimate Reality exists or are you a nihilist?

You look like a nihilist with an irrational fear of being exposed as an idiot.

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Rigorously define ultimate reality or get off the stage.
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
Out of curiosity, do you exist?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
Are you asking for objective certainty on the subject or only if I accept my own existence?

Because objective certainty might be beyond human beings but I'm accept my own existence as based on my perceptions 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
You want a conception of The Ultimate Reality so you can dismiss a conception.

The Ultimate Reality is beyond conception. You want an image.

The Image is The Word itself. 

The Ultimate Reality.

Admit you are a nihilist. You sure do reason like one.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac

Mopac
Mopac
This would be a good place to point something out about Christian theology.

Note that I described "The Ultimate Reality" as The Word. The Word is God. The Ultimate Reality is God.

What we see here as the word, with letters and such is the fleshly nature of The Son. What the word actually means and points to, is the divine nature of The Son.

And so The Word of God, The Most Perfect Image of God, is shown in the two natures united without confusion in the hypostasis of The Son.

The Divine Word made flesh in the incarnation of The Word. G O D.

If you don't accept that The Word is who He says He is, you are crucifying Jesus! But of course, The Truth cannot be killed. So though the incarnate word may be crucified, the divine nature does not die, and the Word rises again.

If that is hard to understand, realize that I am speaking of a great mystery of The Orthodox Faith. I am speaking of the incarnation.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
You cannot circumvent the uncircumventable God with defining, wizard, you do not understand what you are asking.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You can't tell me what your talking about. Maybe that makes us even.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
No, wizard. We are not even. You are simply being haughty.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You have called me a wicked idiot worthy of ridicule and I'm being haughty? Haughty does not even begin to describe your behavior. 

Now rigorously define ultimate reality or get off the stage.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
You lack discernment, you are simply being haughty.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
So we both agree this conversation is going nowhere?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
As long as you are content to end the conversation with you exposing yourself as a fool, sure.

But if you had any good sense, you would confess that the ultimate reality necessarily exists.

You know what it means. Your unreasonable demand for me to rigorously define it is absurd, and you know that to be true as well. You are playing a fool's game.

If you can't admit this, I will know you are a nihilist, and a blasphemer of the holy spirit. I will pray that you repent of your wicked ways, but I will no longer feel obligated to entertain your demons.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I'm pretty sure we are both fools or we.would.have stopped this.nonsense like a dozen posts back.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Nihilism has a funny way of equalizing everything. Really attractive to those who can't tell shit from shinola.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@secularmerlin
You have called me a wicked idiot
And, you're still not convinced you're dealing with a troll? Seriously?

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@secularmerlin
.......New WORLD News.........every since the elimination of the Abrahamic GODS to Comic Book Mythology in 2022 the Middle East has had 
an unprecedented surge in new infrastructure and cooperation among the up and coming generations....never before has there been such
unity and harmony among the people of this region where some of earliest and advanced cultures flourished 6 - 8 thousand years ago...

More excitement is building as researchers are discovering more and more amazing artifacts and information on these amazing ancient 
civilizations...

As the older generations DIE off and take their horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE Comic Book GODS and DOGMA
to the grave with them... a revitalization of the region has occurred in place of the CONFLICT - FEAR - VIOLENCE....which
dominated the region for 5000 years...

These are truly EPIC TIMES as all of HUMANITY has trashed the Abrahamic GOD construct for POWER and CONTROL of the MINDS 
and LIVES of BILLIONS....now that humanity is FREE from the parasite VAMPIRE bondage founded by the defunct Roman Catholic Church
and the MUSLIM Allah God garbage....it's like a perpetual spring time all over the planet...

Live WELL - LONG and PROSPER is the new MANTRA of humanity....a true breath of fresh air now that the HELL on EARTH Abrahamic
JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD are meaningless Mythology and Comic Books for entertainment only...

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
What is the functional observable difference between evidence that is not recognized as evidence and no evidence at all?
Not sure if there is one if I'm understanding the question correctly.

It's not really about anyone providing you evidence of a creator. That's for you to determine. If someone observes nature as being evidence of a creator, or at least the possibility, then they may decide that the creator is deistic, refraining by choice or lack of ability to interact with humans.....an impersonal creator. Or, they may decide to pursue the possibility that the creator is not impersonal, has laws, requires accountability, etc. Or, they may come to the decision because a creator is not identifiable within our 5 senses, there is no, or probably is no creator. Or just not worth examining any further.

If someone encounters the creator outside of the 5 senses, for lack of better terms, a 6th sense, or area of intuition (or spirit man), then the evidence becomes overwhelming.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
If someone encounters the creator outside of the 5 senses, for lack of better terms, a 6th sense, or area of intuition (or spirit man), then the evidence becomes overwhelming.
Can you provide any sufficient evidence of 
a 6th sense, or area of intuition (or spirit man), or is this an appeal to special knowledge?

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
I use the 6th sense/intuition theme as a reference point. The best possibility of what God uses to communicate to man.

Have you ever experienced an intuitive thought you followed that turned out to be right?

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
Have you ever experienced an intuitive thought you followed that turned out to be right?
Have you ever had an intuitive thought and it turned out to be wrong? You must count them as well or you are guilty of confirmation bias.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@secularmerlin
Have you ever had an intuitive thought and it turned out to be wrong? You must count them as well or you are guilty of confirmation bias.
You didn't answer my question of course, so the question is still there. But I will answer your question (hopefully you'll answer mine).

The answer, although I can't think of any specifics, is yes. I say that knowing it happened at some time. But so has all of my 5 senses at some point. And when that happens, further examinations are needed.

Example. I'm sure you have no doubt that your computer screen is in front of you. You trust your sense of sight that it is in fact in front of you. Do you remember when you were a kid, in your parents car driving down the highway in the summer heat, and you see up ahead what looks like water on the road? And as you progress further down the road, the water doesn't get any closer? If so, either your parents explained how our eyes can be deceived, or you figured it out yourself?

In similar fashion, sometimes intuition, or a sixth sense might work the same way. Sometimes crystal clear, sometimes not. I would include hearing from God as well.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@RoderickSpode
If intuition is sometimes right and sometimes wrong how can we possibly know which is the case if there is no independently verifiable evidence with which to confirm or deny the efficacy of any given intuition? (Say in the case of the supernatural)
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And we know where every other church came from.
Just as we know that your church came from a Pantheon of god's worshiped.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
What does YOUR ultimate reality have to do with nihilism?

nihilist
/ˈnʌɪ(h)ɪlɪst/
noun
noun: nihilist; plural noun: nihilists
  1. a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
In ancient times, we referred to atheists or nihilists as fools.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
"Your" ultimate reality is a nonsensical expression.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
What does that have to do with your ultimate reality. Most of us don't need reality indoctrinated into us like you do, we understand that reality is what is. No need for indoctrinated dogma that you can neither understand or explain.

nihilist
/ˈnʌɪ(h)ɪlɪst/
noun
noun: nihilist; plural noun: nihilists
  1. a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles.
Just one of the words from your indoctrinated dogma that you don't understand.
The ultimate reality, of which you know nothing, is totally yours. It exists in a vacuum and has no relevance to reality, you know (I doubt it) what is is.