Happy zombie Jesus day everyone!

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 269
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
I am not here to inflate my ego, Keith. I am here in the hope that it will beneficial to somebody.

I am not here because I like to take abuse, but if taking abuse helps to reveal something, that is what I must do.

secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You literally cannot benefit me (by which I take it you mean bring my beliefs more in line with yours though I remain unconvinced of the potential benefits of this outcome) unless you can make a rational argument in defense of your position. If your goal is really to help me (convert me) may I suggest that your method is ineffective.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Neither I or any man converts another. Only when someone out of their own God given free will chooses to repent of their iniquity and accept Christ into their heart does that healing work begin.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Neither I or any man converts another. Only when someone out of their own God given free will chooses to repent of their iniquity and accept Christ into their heart does that healing work begin.

My position on theism has nothing to do with iniquity. This is therefore irrelevant.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Your beliefs have no bearing on what is a matter of fact. Denying God certainly is evil.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
If any god(s) exist and if knowledge of said god(s) must be revealed rather than discovered then it is up to said god(s) to reveal themself(ves) to me. Ergo if anyone does not believe then it is a direct result of the god(s). I suppose that makes the god(s) evil.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
I assure you, this line of reasoning will not stand at the dread judgement seat of Christ. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@secularmerlin
@Mopac
St  Peter:  let's see... Merlin, Secular.  Ah, here you are on the list.  it's hell for you, sorry.
SM:  I demand a recount.
SP: Pardon?
Sm: I demand a recount.  God should have made it more obvious He exists.
SP:  Oh, God!  Another one.  Look, its in black and white. John 3:16.   If you don't believe in Jesus you don't get in.
SM: Well, it's not fair.  Let me explain.  1) God gave us brains...
SP:  One open-bracket? 
SM: Don't interrupt.  Now where was I?
SP: Going to hell.
SM:  Nooooooooooo.......! (fades into distance)
SP: Next! 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold The Truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools"

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Then Christ runs a kangaroo court and I have no reason to accept any such ruling as fair. Indeed if such a figure exists and decides to condemn me to eternal hellfire I cannot stop him but I will take what small comfort I can in the knowledge that his ruling was immoral, unfair and that nothing I could have done would have changed it.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
It's a bummer we'd have to die to see who is right. 

Tell me, is heaven really so good you'd want to spend the next trillion years there, or is it just a better option than hell?

(Note:  a trillion years is a long time!)

dave2242
dave2242
St  Peter:  let's see... Merlin, Secular.  Ah, here you are on the list.  it's hell for you, sorry.
SM:  I demand a recount.
SP: Pardon?
Sm: I demand a recount.  God should have made it more obvious He exists.
SP:  Oh, God!  Another one.  Look, its in black and white. John 3:16.   If you don't believe in Jesus you don't get in.
SM: Well, it's not fair.  Let me explain.  1) God gave us brains...
SP:  One open-bracket?  
SM: Don't interrupt.  Now where was I?
SP: Going to hell.
SM:  Nooooooooooo.......! (fades into distance)
SP: Next!  

humorous

Tell me, is heaven really so good you'd want to spend the next trillion years there, or is it just a better option than hell?
idk both sound sort of bad. heaven sounds kind of boring (but that depends on what you can do there), at least its not endless suffering but then again that sound boring after a while after you get used to it
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@dave2242
heaven sounds kind of boring (but that depends on what you can do there)
According to Church Father Tertullian a popular pastime in heaven is watching sinners burning in hell.  He wrote how much he's looking forward to it.

"I shall have a better opportunity then of hearing the tragedians, louder-voiced in their own calamity; of viewing the play-actors, much more "dissolute" in the dissolving flame; of looking upon the charioteer, all glowing in his chariot of fire; of beholding the wrestlers, not in their gymnasia, but tossing in the fiery billows; unless even then I shall not care to attend to such ministers of sin, in my eager wish rather to fix a gaze insatiable on those whose fury vented itself against the Lord."

dave2242
dave2242
-->
@keithprosser
what a sadist those are people they are just dead and on the other end. i rather not see my fellow human suffer unlike some apparently. guess you can compare it to how people used to make spectacles out of execution
dave2242
dave2242
-->
@Mopac
what do you think people do with there free time (when not worshiping their lord) in heaven.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Tertullian was also an apostate, and not a saint.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
How arrogant of you to judge God.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@dave2242
There is no time in eternity.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
That was an observation.

If knowledge is revealed rather than discovered and god does not reveal it to me then it is his fault that I do not know. To judge someone for the actions of another is fundamentally unjust.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Blaming God, typical fall back of the wicked.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You have described an unjust situation. Perhaps you explained it wrong?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Far be it from a denier of God, The Supreme and Ultimate Reality, to have discernment concerning what is just.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
Yes or no, knowledge is revealed not discovered?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Knowledge =/= God
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
That is not what I asked. 
Let's try again. 

Yes or no, knowledge is revealed rather than discovered?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
I am sure you will find instances where knowledge of things is brought about by discovery or revelation.

When the intellect is cleansed of its defilements, The Truth is revealed. The Truth is not knowledge. The Truth is not apprehended with the mind.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
What is the difference between what is comfortably true and knowledge?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Knowledge has to do with the mind's ability to apprehend something.

The Truth is ultimately real, actuality. It cannot be circumvented by the mind.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
That did not answer my question. Allow me to rephrase. What is the detectable difference between a truth that has not been confirmed and a falsehood tgat has not been disproved?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
This is the answer you get from me. If you don't like it, I will not answer your question.

If there is truth at all, The Truth exists. If there is no truth at all, you would not exist to question whether there is truth.

The Truth is God. So because you know The Truth is reality, you know God is reality.

There is nothing else you can be more certain of.