Author: janesix

Total: 119
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@janesix
There are no coincidences.
There is no design. Fine tuning? 99.99999999999% of the universe is fatal to life, fine tuned my arse.

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@disgusted
How do you know "life" is all meat bags like us? 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
The ONLY evidence available, what do you have?
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
An open mind.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@janesix
So nothing then. That's just hunky dory.
janesix
janesix
-->
@disgusted
You can only see what's in front of your face. Wake up.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
An open mind.
No, you have a very closed mind, closed to facts, evidence and science. Your mind is open to only that which has some mysterious magical powers attached to it and little to do with reality. This thread and many more like it from you are testaments to that.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
You can only see what's in front of your face.
Yes, that's what eyes do, they see things in front of our faces. If it isn't in front of our face, then we probably can't see it or it simply isn't there.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Expand your horizons Goldie.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
It's actually you Jane who needs to expand their horizons, not me. Your knowledge and understanding of the world around you is more backwards than it is abysmal. You rely on magical explanations where none exist rather than trying to understand how things really work.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
I would pity you and your closed mind, but your staunch determination to bury your head in the sand is your own doing. But I still pity you, a little.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
One would suppose that the generation of information is limitless.
However the importance of information is probably dictated by the necessity of it's function.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
I would pity you and your closed mind

Your materialist answers do not phase me a bit. I KNOW the universe is designed
Jane, your statement right there is where you admit you are the one with the closed mind.

So, you haven't figured out Munck was a fraudster, tricking gullible people into believing his nonsense, which was literally false assumptions and incorrect results? If you knew something about science, you would see he's wrong, but you want to believe nonsense over science because you don't understand science and hate everyone that does, as you admit above.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
And you know he was a "fraudster", how?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Because he was exposed as one by folks who weren't ignorant and gullible and actually knew what they were talking about. One can simply look at this calculations and where he gets his information to see that he's trying to pull the wool over your eyes, which he clearly has done, which is no surprise at all.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Who, exactly? Do you have a source?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
You mean, you haven't even done your homework, you didn't even bother to look into Muncks claims? Then, you have the gall to say I have a closed mind? Hilarious. Sec already provided you with sources, but you just ignored them.

Here's just one example....

Carl Munck says about Stonehenge that it comprises of 60 stones at the outer circle and 15 stones in the center. There are today 93 stones, not counting the missing ones. He neglects the other stones or doesn’t even show them in his own made drawing.

He continues by stating that the 60 stones are arranged in a circle, which is true, and then asks if they might knew about 360 degrees. We don’t know that, it could be so, it could not be so. But he then makes a huge jump by making the equation of 360 × 60 = 21,600 without any further knowledge. It is the second grandiose assumption in Munck's theory, but most people might not even recognize it as unrelated assumptions, because they are mathematically ignorant.

Munck then picks the rough latitude of Stonehenge 51°10', which is only correct within one nautical mile.
He makes the division 21,600 ÷ 51 ÷ 10 = 42.35. This division is completely unrelated, but that is masked behind the empty phrase that the ancients spoke a mathematical language, and hints to the idea that we are ignorant. Of course.

The outcome of this division is 42.35". With that he constructs the center latitude of Stonehenge to be 51°10'42.35", which is false. It is 51°10'44". So, he is lying. It’s in fact 51 meters wrong. Munck's "magical" formula is wrong.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Yes, his "code" numbers are wrong, I checked them out on Google Earth. This has nothing to do with the tangents I mentioned in the OP. He is just the first I know to have started to discover the tangent pattern, and found the start of the pattern with tangents .3077 and .72. , and later, 1.73. 

Yes his "code" is wrong, but that doesn't make him a "fraudster" like you say, it just makes one piece of his work wrong. He believed he was getting his information from aliens. I think HE believed that. Being wrong doesn't make a person a liar. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Yes his "code" is wrong, but that doesn't make him a "fraudster" like you say

He believed he was getting his information from aliens
Yes, it does show he was a fraudster, considering he just balked at others and continued to sell his wares. He made money from the gullible, like all hucksters.

janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
Or it shows he believed in his work, and was convinced he was right. YOU don't know. You can't see inside the man's mind.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
It's not what's in his mind, it was his actions and how he went about fooling the gullible and making money from them.

I wonder why you would want to defend fraudsters and hucksters like Munck, they are basically criminals and you are defending them.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
YOU are saying he was trying to "fool" people, I don't think he was. You haven't proven that at all. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
If Brian Green is found to be wrong about string theory, are you going to accuse him of fraud as well?
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
YOU are saying he was trying to "fool" people
No, the people who exposed him as a fraud said he was deliberately fooling others.

If Brian Green is found to be wrong about string theory, are you going to accuse him of fraud as well?
Greene never made the same clams as Munck. Greene is a scientist who understands the concept of falsification. Munck did not care about falsification, that's why he made money off of the gullible.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
No, the people who exposed him as a fraud said he was deliberately fooling others. 
Who is that, exactly?

And what proof do they have?

janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
“Faced with difficulties in applying fundamental theories to the observed Universe,” they wrote, some scientists argue that “if a theory is sufficiently elegant and explanatory, it need not be tested experimentally”.
First among the topics discussed was testability. For a scientific theory to be considered valid, scientists often require that there be an experiment that could, in principle, rule the theory out — or ‘falsify’ it, as the philosopher of science Karl Popper put it in the 1930s. In their article, Ellis and Silk pointed out that in certain areas, some theoretical physicists had strayed from this guiding principle — even arguing for it to be relaxed.
The duo cited string theory as the principal example. The theory replaces elementary particles with infinitesimally thin strings to reconcile the apparently incompatible theories that describe gravity and the quantum world. The strings are too tiny to detect using today’s technology — but some argue that string theory is worth pursuing whether or not experiments will ever be able to measure its effects, simply because it seems to be the ‘right’ solution to many quandaries.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
I have already shown you an example of Muncks garbage being wrong, but it seems, like Munck, you will ignore it all in favor of supporting fraudsters like him. How very sad, Jane.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Goldtop
I SAID the code was wrong. THAT DOESNT make him a liar. You havent proven he is a LIAR, which is what the argument is about.

And he isn't wrong about everything.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
THAT DOESNT make him a liar. You havent proven he is a LIAR
One more time, others have shown his work to be completely wrong, but he just ignored everyone so he could write his books and sell them to gullible people. Yeah, he was a liar. If you don't understand that simple concept, then you're far more gullible than I thought.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
And he isn't wrong about everything.
Can you show anything right about his work?