The Shape of the Universe.

Author: Paul

Total: 195
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
If a sphere is large enough, does space inside it expand faster than light if the circumference expands?
Your statement is lacking some rational,logical common sense. Probably just and error  in your thought processing attempt to be expressed in words.

1} we know of know medium{ occupied space } that is faster than speed of radiation,

2} size of any imaginary spherical or your spheroid is irrelevant to speed of radiation or pretty much anything,

3} size of any imaginary spherical or your spheroid is irrelevant to speed the circumerfernce value increases, as the volumetric diameter is in constant relationship to the circumference and is known as Pi,

4} Pi^3{ XYZ } = 31.00 62 7 66......,

5} Pi^4{ XYZt } = ‭97.40 90 9 10 34 00 24 37........,

6} Pi^4 minus 31{ XYZ } = ‬66.4......i.e Pi-Time = 66.4 ergo a cosmic Pi constant related value.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
By my logic a spheroid is still a sphere.
No one here has stated or suggested otherwise.

A spherical or your spheriod, is not a true{ perfect } sphere.

A perfect this or that is just purely an abstract, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept and not an occupied space.  Just as macro-infinite this or that is pure abstract concept, except in the case of the macro-infinite Space that embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space Universe.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
You mean cosmic scale 'inflation'
Pretty much. Although I have trouble with the word. 
Inflation implies matter is being input, although the universe is a closed system from what I understand. 
Which has little to do with cosmic ‘inflation’ anyway.

Humans create hand shadows all the time and none are faster than speed of radiation.
Yes but the further you are from your hand shadow, the faster it becomes. Correct? 
Now imagine seeing your hand shadow on the Moon from Earth.

The last accurate mesuarement of speed of gravity, that I can recall, had to do with Jupitor, and it was same speed as that of radiation, with an error of tolerance at .2% i.e. that gravity could be operating at speeds just and ultra-micro fraction of a second faster.
I’m not talking about gravity. I’m talking about how a vertice can move faster than light.

Contraction { convergent } of Space is known as Gravity (  ) aka mass-attraction.

Expansion { divergent } of Space is known as Dark Energy )( aka cosmological constant { See Einsteins early work }

Gravity has been referred to { referenced } as the Fabric-of-Space and Time for many years.

Now we have too add in Dark Energy as a part of that fabric and those two together weave a toroidal geometric pattern Space(  )(  )Space

Add in Observed Time /\/\/\/ ---i.e. a sine-wave arrow-of-time ---/\/\/--->--  and it begins to represented or referenced this way (/\/\/)(\/\/\/).

Then through in bilateral consciousness { * * } and we have the following Space( Time *)(* Time )Space.

Then through in the ego { i  } as associtated with the most complex biologicals, humans, and we have the following;

...........................................Space( Time *)  (* Time )Space................................................................

What?

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
No one here has stated or suggested otherwise.

A spherical or your spheriod, is not a true{ perfect } sphere.

A perfect this or that is just purely an abstract, metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept and not an occupied space.  Just as macro-infinite this or that is pure abstract concept, except in the case of the macro-infinite Space that embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space Universe

“No one here has stated or suggested” a “true{ perfect } sphere.”
Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin
Are things with more than three spacial dimensions beyond our epistemology as well?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Paul
Unless they can be demonstrated in a practical and independently verifiable way. 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
 Inflation implies matter is being input,
Input from where exactly.  That makes no rational, logical common sense.

although the universe is a closed system from what I understand. 
Occupied space Universe is finite ---ergo closed-- yet eternally exist --ergo not closed--- see 1st law of thermodynamics.

Yes but the further you are from your hand shadow, the faster it becomes. Correct? 
Now imagine seeing your hand shadow on the Moon from Earth.
Huh? Yove lost me.

I’m not talking about gravity. I’m talking about how a vertice can move faster than light.
Huh? Your seem confused to me. Youve lost me.

Contraction { convergent } of Space is known as Gravity (  ) aka mass-attraction.

Expansion { divergent } of Space is known as Dark Energy )( aka cosmological constant { See Einsteins early work }

Gravity has been referred to { referenced } as the Fabric-of-Space and Time for many years.

Now we have too add in Dark Energy as a part of that fabric and those two together weave a toroidal geometric pattern Space(  )(  )Space

Add in Observed Time /\/\/\/ ---i.e. a sine-wave arrow-of-time ---/\/\/--->--  and it begins to represented or referenced this way (/\/\/)(\/\/\/).

Then through in bilateral consciousness { * * } and we have the following Space( Time *)(* Time )Space.

Then through in the ego { i  } as associtated with the most complex biologicals, humans, and we have the following;

...........................................Space( Time *)  (* Time )Space................................................................

What?
Contraction is a word in English dictionary. Check it out.

Convergent is another word and a synonym to contraction. Check it out in dictionary etc

Space is another word in English dictionary. Check it out.

Gravity is another word in dictionary and more specifically physics dictionary and synomis with the word space on cosmic scales of existence.  If youve never heard of gravity as the fabric space and time then you have not read nearly as many books as I have over the last 30 years in those regards.  You appear to be way behind the 8 ball in these regards.

Same goes for mass-attraction. You appear to be clueless on physics-speak since days of Newton and his discover of laws of attraction regarding gravity. Old news. You just need to educate your self more.

Same goes for the 7 lines of text you responded with "what".  Educate yourself.  The internet has tons of info.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@secularmerlin
@Paul
Unless they can be demonstrated in a practical and independently verifiable way.

Micku Kaku in his book Hyper-space explains it using the standard cube where XYZ becomes abc and d is a shorten, volumetric ---not surface---  diagonal. A cube within a cube i.e. physicists speak of hyper-dimensions existing within XYZ, at ultra-micro scales of existence.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
Huh? Yove lost me.
Alright. Imagine there was an impossibly massive wall you could do shadow hands on. 
First you start off close and you wave your hand left to right.
The speed in which you move your shadow from point A to point B and back again, essentially mirrors your hand.
But the further you move back, the larger your shadow becomes.
Your shadows point A and point B is relatively further apart to your hands point A and B.
When you’re 340,000mi away from the wall, the speed in which your shadow gets to its point A to Point B is faster than light.
Do you understand now?

CBF replying to anything else.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
Do you understand now?
I think so, however, your leaving out a key aspect of your scenario, as stated, and that is, that,

1} the  further away the object the smaller it appears to us ergo the distance your hand shadows are moving is much less as are than here on Earth five feet from us, because,

2} we can hold I hands in front of a light bulb ---the source---  and there is going to be such a minimal shadow cast ---how about none---   on the moon that it is meaningless { of no significant relevance }, wheras here on Earth, five feet away we could actually measure that distance,

3}  your whole scenario is based on pereception of the observer,

4} the shadow { not an occupied space } is caused by lack of light { an occupied space } ergo place your hand over the whole light bulb and there is no shadow being cast, yet the hand and bulb still exists, and that is some ways similar to 6a below

5} whatever else I'm forgetting.

...6a} place your hand at chest level in front of you and move it from left to right or vice versa, and raise then lower your hand as it moves.  When we do this we create a sine-wave pattern, yet when we stop, the hand { occupied space } still exists, but the sine-wave pattern only exists as an abstract concept of mind.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
. If a sphere is large enough, does space inside it expand faster than light if the circumference expands?....CBF
CBF?

Your prior statement, --- above the above CBF---, is lacking some rational,logical common sense. Probably just an error  in your thought processing attempt to be expressed in words.

1} we know of know medium{ occupied space } that is faster than speed of radiation,

2} size of any imaginary spherical or your spheroid is irrelevant to speed of radiation or pretty much anything,

3} size of any imaginary spherical or your spheroid is irrelevant to speed the circumerfernce value increases, as the volumetric diameter is in constant relationship to the circumference and is known as Pi,

6} Pi^4 minus 31{ XYZ } = ‬66.4......i.e Pi-Time = 66.4 ergo a cosmic Pi constant related value.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
CBF
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece101
CBF
CBF? I prefer CBD's, even tho there are subtle in their effects, if any ;--) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In regards to you #58
I think so, however, your leaving out a key aspect of your scenario, as stated, and that is, that,.

I think so, however, your leaving out a key aspect of your scenario, as stated, and that is, that,

1} the  further away the object the smaller it appears to us ergo the distance your hand shadows are moving is much less as are than here on Earth five feet from us, because,

2} we can hold I hands in front of a light bulb ---the source---  and there is going to be such a minimal shadow cast ---how about none---   on the moon that it is meaningless { of no significant relevance }, wheras here on Earth, five feet away we could actually measure that distance,

3}  your whole scenario is based on pereception of the observer,

4} the shadow { not an occupied space } is caused by lack of light { an occupied space } ergo place your hand over the whole light bulb and there is no shadow being cast, yet the hand and bulb still exists, and that is some ways similar to 6a below

5} whatever else I'm forgetting.

...6a} place your hand at chest level in front of you and move it from left to right or vice versa, and raise then lower your hand as it moves.  When we do this we create a sine-wave pattern, yet when we stop, the hand { occupied space } still exists, but the sine-wave pattern only exists as an abstract concept of mind.

Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Paul
To date all these methods have been inconclusive
A quote from your source material. 

Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin
Do you know what a gravity well looks like and do you understand the concept?
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
I'm not sure anyone knows what one looks like bit I have seen 3d models and I understand the concept. It doesn't matter. We do not know what the unobserved parts of reality are like. 
Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin
Google, "gravity well" once you see it you will figure it out pretty quickly.

It's a picture of gravity.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Paul
I know what a gravity well is. What I don't know is of the entirety of the universe amounts to one or what ah as pe it takes if it is.
Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin
So you think you have a pretty good idea of how gravity works from looking at the picture. Maybe you even watched a video showing a large ball on a rubber sheet and smaller balls being rolled around it which seem to orbit the large ball.

The problem is this is not what gravity actually looks like. In gravity there is no vertical component like there is in a picture of a gravity well. Things don't orbit a planet above the equator when far away and below it when they are close. This however does not stop us from understanding how gravity works and making it part of our knowledge.

What we do know about the universe is that it is a higher dimensional shape.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Paul
What do you actually mean when your refer to a higher dimensional shape?

What do you think is higher than the known dimensions of possibility?
Paul
Paul
-->
@zedvictor4
Four or more spacial dimensions.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Paul

#68.....Micku Kaku in his book Hyper-space explains it using the standard cube where XYZ becomes abc and 'd' is a shorten, volumetric ---not surface---  diagonal. A cube within a cube i.e. physicists speak of hyper-dimensions existing within XYZ, at ultra-micro scales of existence.

.................................Space( Tiime *) i  (* time)Space......... ero bisction/cross-section of a torus

A gravity well  has a smell, and that smell is shape, and that shape is a funnel and a funnel is part of the negative shape )( of a torus.

* * = bilateral consciousness

i = ego { metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept }

Space = four primary kinds of space;

........1a} non-occupied,

........2a} physical/energy, ..occupied }

.........3a} gravity --postiive shaped (  ) geodesic, ...occupied...

..........4a} Dark Energy negative shaped  )( geodesic ...occupied....

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Paul
Four or more spatial dimensions.
It would be great if you could explain exactly where these four or more spatial dimensions occur.

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
It would be great if you could explain exactly where these four or more spatial dimensions occur.
If you dont know where XYZ ---aka abc for M. Kaku---  occur exactly then there is not much any sane person can do to help you.

As for a 4th spatial dimension, there is no evidence for such a spatial dimension exist, and Ive certainly never in my life suggested a 4th spatial dimension exists, so I'm not sure why your asking me. Ive been very clear on this issue.  Some physicist believe, that it can be likened to ultra-micro spatial dimension{s} curled within 3D{ XYZ }.

A cube { XYZ } within a cube is the original common version of this hyper-dimension with 3D{ XYZ }. Apparrently you did not read what I stated or you reading comprehensinon skills miss the obvious I stated. Lets try it again for those poor reading comprehension skills

..."#68.....Micku Kaku in his book Hyper-space explains it using the standard cube where XYZ becomes abc and 'd' is a shorten, volumetric ---not surface---  diagonal. A cube within a cube i.e. physicists speak of hyper-dimensions existing within XYZ, at ultra-micro scales of existence."....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3} size of any imaginary spherical or your spheroid is irrelevant to speed the circumference value increases, as the volumetric diameter is in constant relationship to the circumference and is known as Pi,

.................................Space( Tiime *) i  (* time)Space......... ero bisction/cross-section of a torus

A gravity well  has a smell, and that smell is shape, and that shape is a funnel and a funnel is part of the negative shape )( of a torus.

* * = bilateral consciousness

i = ego { metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept }

Space = four primary kinds of space;

........1a} non-occupied,

........2a} physical/energy, ..occupied }

.........3a} gravity --postiive shaped (  ) geodesic, ...occupied...

..........4a} Dark Energy negative shaped  )( geodesic ...occupied....

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Paul
Whay we don't know about the universe is its overall shape or if that shape is static or dynamic. These would be issues which are likely beyond our epistemology. 
Paul
Paul
-->
@zedvictor4
Remember, I'm the one asking the question here:

Do you ever think about the shape of the universe?

How would you describe the shape of the whole thing?

We can talk about the center of the universe as well if you like.
All I've done is get you started thinking about your answer.

Paul
Paul
-->
@secularmerlin
If you add the dimension of time then you can talk about the shape being dynamic.

If you want to understand everything you will forever be disappointed.

Staying locked in a solipsistic box leads to everybody knowing nothing about everything (except what's going on inside there own heads).

Paul
Paul

Paul
Paul