I once had high hopes for Donald.

Author: zedvictor4

Total: 87
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
So these past few years have been extremely frustrating. It’s true that Trump has made a number of mistakes due to his inexperience, like being tricked by congressional republicans, and also his own inability to pluck even the lowest hanging of fruit (just stop tweeting!!) 

Many of his recent moves only make one question “why the hell was this not done on January 21st, 2017” such as cutting off taxpayer funding to the anti white agitation/propaganda known as critical race theory. Still, I think this has been a modestly successful presidency.  Compared to anyone else in the last thirty years, he gets extremely high marks. Here’s why: 

1) He didn’t start any new wars 

First president not to do so in a long time. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to see the “strange new respect” people have for George W. Bush because he’s capable of conducting himself as a gentlemen. He started a war based on faulty information that nearly bankrupted the country and cost hundreds of thousands of people their lives. Obama’s foreign policy wasn’t quite as bad, but his Libyan adventure still resulted in the toppling of a stable government, that the United States has sworn not to topple, and its replacement with anarchy and the return of open air slave markets in North Africa. And with the benefit of hindsight we now know that is isn’t a coincidence that ISIS cracked IMMEDIATELY after Trump stopped funding the “moderate rebels” that our foreign policy establishment was so fond of. 

President Trump has been a force for peace, his administration has brokered several peace deals between Israel and its neighbors, and he tried unsuccessfully to do the same between North and South Korea. It looks like those countries are slowly moving to peace on their own terms, but the blessing of the United States is extremely significant. Trump has also known when to put down the sword. After Iran shot a US drone down, the military establishment planned a retaliatory strike that would’ve resulted in around 150 deaths. Trump, recognizing that making 150 widows over an unmanned drone was not a just or proportionate response, canceled the strike. 

It’s really unbelievable how much better his foreign policy has been than his predecessors. He actually deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. 

2) TRADE

Trump has started the long, slow process of chipping away at untold decades of propaganda regarding free trade and globalization. And it seems that the policy establishment is actually waking up to how foolish it is to play free trade with a mercantilist country like China. 

BY FAR the most important “issue” in the United States is: who will make it easier for 25 year olds to lead a stable enough life to get married and have children? The party that best answers that question will win for at least a generation, and they will deserve the win. The protection of current high paying, high skilled  blue collar jobs, and the return of as many as possible, is a giant piece in that puzzle. 

I don’t want to undersell Trump here. People really are waking up to what a menace China is and what a mistake it was to outsource our entire industrial base to them. His positions and policies are a big reason why. I actually have some hope that Biden might be a decent President when it comes to trade issues, even though the administration he served under wasn't.

3) Conservative Supreme Court Justices 

Enough said.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
 I actually have some hope that Biden might be a decent President when it comes to trade issues.

What makes you think from examining Biden's history with China that there is hope?
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
Biden is, and always has been, a puppet. But I think the “powers that be” are realizing what a mistake they made by totally abandoning the working class and exporting our industrial base to China. Biden won’t be nearly as good as Trump or any future republican on trade/jobs but I am hoping that he won’t actively be bad like every other post Reagan president...
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
I'm not convinced that the powers that be have learned any lesson. Biden isn't even pretending to be tough on China during a campaign where you are expected to say just about anything.

There's a very real problem with people being influenced by China.

The NBA's public support for China made me realize that patriotic shame isn't nearly enough to break the hold China has on American industries.

Shaming the powers that be isn't enough either.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
Is it wise to base your future expectations upon a hope.

You are essentially hoping that a 74 year old self righteous, hypocritical, racist, extreme conservative is somehow going to change for the better....No chance.

In terms of being a figure head for the U.S.A. Donald Trump is undoubtedly the most inept President in living memory, if not of all time.

I once had high hopes for Donald....But I was so wrong.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
This is exactly what Jefferson Davis said about Lincoln.

At least the Confederates were honest about their fucked up anti-American agenda.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Different time, different place, different America.

It's next year you need to worry about, not 1860.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
It's okay, Trump will put down this rebellion too.

It's always a hoot to hear Foreigners describe what America should look like to Americans.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
What is a foreigner.

The U.S.A. is a nation of foreigners.....Swedes or Slovenians for example.

The U.K. too.

In fact the U.S.A and the U.K. are as about as un-indigenous and culturally impure as Nations get. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
You should definitely take Prince Harry back. We are sick of his lectures.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
No....You can keep him.

Thankfully the media is currently nice and quiet on Royal issues.

Prince Harry.....Grandson of a Greek and a German....LOL.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
Is it wise to base your future expectations upon a hope.

You are essentially hoping that a 74 year old self righteous, hypocritical, racist, extreme conservative is somehow going to change for the better....No chance.

In terms of being a figure head for the U.S.A. Donald Trump is undoubtedly the most inept President in living memory, if not of all time.

I once had high hopes for Donald....But I was so wrong.

I'm not hoping he'll change into a better person, I'm hopeful he won't screw up as much as I'm afraid he might.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lemming
That's a bizarre set of criteria for choosing the President of the U.S.A.

They are inept, but hopefully they won't make too much of a mess of things, but I'm afraid that they might.

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@zedvictor4
If I agreed with 'all his policies, he'd be me.
Difficult to find ideal person, easier to settle.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I never had high hopes for Donald John Trump, in fact even The Apprentice of his was far inferior of a show to Alan Sugar's one.

The guy used to be a cunning prick, now he's just a repulsive one who has lost his cunning and instead is the face of several cunning investors and string-pullers while preaching about being a pseudo-rebel to the establishment that he's enslaved to and adores.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
People had high hopes for Obama as well, but they were too early to judge him. You don't know the effects of many decisions until long after the president is gone.

Case in point is the Nobel Peace Prize awarded before Obama actually did anything to earn it.

And did he ever do anything anyway?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
Not letting black people live in his buildings? that isn't racist?
 No.  And you haven't shown this to be the case of colour. 

Telling american born people of color that they are from failed countries, that isn't racist?

Did he? Who did he say that about?

Pushing for the death penalty for innocent black teenagers. that isn't racist?

Many  innocent whites are have been convicted and sentenced  and executed. It wasn't because they were white, was it?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Castin
You're supposed to have grey hair before you are properly qualified to worry about hypotheticals.

Young people would never get married if this was not true.
True, but Trump gives even 20-somethings gray hairs, so I still get my Worrier License. Bam.

Can the same be said for sleepy's leg hair?

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
Trump and his father both discriminated against black people. They lied to them to keep them from living in their buildings by telling them the rent was higher than it really was or by telling them the apartment was taken if black people asked.  Here is an article about it. 

Telling american born people of color that they are from failed countries, that isn't racist?
I forget which horrible thing I was referring to here. He has done so many racist things I lose track. 

Many  innocent whites are have been convicted and sentenced  and executed. It wasn't because they were white, was it?
Trump advocated for executing black teenagers when there was little evidence of their guilt (the central park 5). He continued even after they had been proven innocent. Find me a case where he advocated for executing white teenagers who had been proven to be innocent. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
Trump and his father both discriminated against black people. They lied to them to keep them from living in their buildings by telling them the rent was higher than it really was or by telling them the apartment was taken if black people asked.  Here is an article about it. 

This appears to be to with Trump senior when young Donald was only 17. You are devious bastard aren't you.  Donald Trump hired many black people  even his personal body guard and driver was black.

I forget which horrible thing I was referring to here. He has done so many racist things I lose track. 

How convenient.

Trump advocated for executing black teenagers when there was little evidence of their guilt (the central park 5).
This didn't answer my question and you have not offered no proof of your claim  AGAIN!
He continued even after they had been proven innocent.

Wheres your evidence? 

Find me a case where he advocated for executing white teenagers who had been proven to be innocent. 

I don't have to . I haven't claimed he did or didn't. It is you that has made all the unsubstantiated claims.

You won't forget that proof I asked you for, now , will you.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
This appears to be to with Trump senior when young Donald was only 17. You are devious bastard aren't you.  Donald Trump hired many black people  even his personal body guard and driver was black.
these policies continued for decades, including while donald was managing the buildings. 

How convenient.
lmao, you responded to a comment I made like a year ago. Trump does horrible shit on a weekly basis. that was like 100 scandals ago. 

Trump advocated for executing black teenagers when there was little evidence of their guilt (the central park 5).
This didn't answer my question and you have not offered no proof of your claim  AGAIN!
Wheres your evidence? 
If you google trump and central park 5 you get dozens of articles. take your pick. here is one picked at random.

Find me a case where he advocated for executing white teenagers who had been proven to be innocent. 
 I don't have to . I haven't claimed he did or didn't. It is you that has made all the unsubstantiated claims.
They are not unsubstantiated. I just didn't realize you were too lazy to an absolute basic amount of effort. 

there are tons of articles on it. take your pick. I linked one above. 

Stephen
Stephen
these policies continued for decades, including while donald was managing the buildings. 

Again , no evidence. You never ever support what come from you own mouth do you.

How convenient.
lmao, you responded to a comment I made like a year ago. Trump does horrible shit on a weekly basis. that was like 100 scandals ago. 
Then you shouldn't just throw shite out there without knowing wtf you are talking about.  Which Trump are you talking about this time? Fred the father of  or  Donald the son? And again, let us see some examples of this "horrible shit". 

Wheres your evidence? 
If you google trump and central park 5 you get dozens of articles. take your pick. here is one picked at random.

I will, you can count on that.

They are not unsubstantiated. I just didn't realize you were too lazy to an absolute basic amount of effort. 

Yes they are unsubstantiated. You haven't proven anything... at all.  When one makes a claim , one is also required to support that claim with facts and evidence. You have failed. Instead you deviously claimed Trump - as in the US President -  was involved in a racist scandal when it was his father at a time when Donald  the President was just a boy. 

there are tons of articles on it. take your pick. I linked one above. 

So you have chose two of alleged incidents of racism that you alleged come from the President of the USA Donald Trump. One of those cases that you put forward was about his father , Fred and  not the 17 years old son Donald, now president of the USA. So here you lied purposefully while intending to blindside anyone that may have been to idle too read your so called  '  proof ' for themselves.

And it appears that although you are correct that Donald Trump - going by your own link - has not apologised for his opinions, your so called ' proof ' of racism also has this to say 

from your own link:

You have people on both sides of that. They admitted their guilt. If you look at Linda Fairstein [the discredited prosecutor who oversaw the case] and if you look at some of the prosecutors, they think the city should have never settled that case. So, we’ll leave it at that.”

So here we simply have to schools of opinions, one for and the other against the verdict and whether "the city  should have settled".  Now is all you have to do is show the racism of those many opinions as I asked you to do originally.

And here is a little bit of research that YOU failed to mention: The jury consisted of four white Americans, four black Americans, three Hispanic Americans, and one Asian American.  Was their verdicts racist or did they accept the evidence as presented at the trail at the time? How many of the prosecution witnesses were white and how many were black, do you even know?

And it turns out that the real rapist who also beat this young woman nearly to death after raping her just happened to be , 'different coloured' . Was this then a racist attack on this defenseless white woman because she was white? Or just a random opportunistic predatory attack that could have happened to any woman of any colour that happened to be there at that time and that place?

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@zedvictor4
makes G Dubya look clever.
I think George W. Bush wasn't the smartest tool in the shed, but he was actually pretty clever. He often played up the perception of him as a bumbling half-wit, to be both underestimated and more likeable. Plus his sense of humor was really good.

As a mild comparison, Obama did not start his bid for president saying "um" all the time. He upped that steadily, likely to seem less threatening to racists.

I often compare Bush to Roman emperor Claudius.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Barney
Obama did not start his bid for president saying "um" all the time.

On teleprompter or off teleprompter?

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
I am not certain, but he did love his teleprompter.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
Again , no evidence. You never ever support what come from you own mouth do you.
i already did. you don't read much do you?

Then you shouldn't just throw shite out there without knowing wtf you are talking about.
you responded to a post from a year ago and are now whining that I don't remember exactly what scandal i was referring to. That is like 100 scandals ago. Do you remember everything you've said a year ago and exactly what context you meant it in? You know what, don't answer. You will just lie anyway. 

Yes they are unsubstantiated. You haven't proven anything... at all.  When one makes a claim , one is also required to support that claim with facts and evidence. You have failed. Instead you deviously claimed Trump - as in the US President -  was involved in a racist scandal when it was his father at a time when Donald  the President was just a boy. 
this is getting sad. Trump paid for ad's to be run attacking the central park 5. they were innocent. He continued advocating they were guilty even after DNA evidence proved they were innocent. And I already provided evidence of trump's illegally lying to black people to keep them out of his buildings he was managing. 

One of those cases that you put forward was about his father , Fred and  not the 17 years old son Donald, now president of the USA. So here you lied purposefully while intending to blindside anyone that may have been to idle too read your so called  '  proof ' for themselves.
what are you talking about? Those practices went on for years, which included while donald was managing the buildings. I have no idea why you are suggesting this happened once when donald was 17. 

Was this then a racist attack on this defenseless white woman because she was white? Or just a random opportunistic predatory attack that could have happened to any woman of any colour that happened to be there at that time and that place?
you've completely missed my point. The case had racist overtones, sure. But my point was that donald took out ads against them. He continued attacking them after they were PROVEN INNOCENT. Show me cases where he did that with white kids. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
i already did. you don't read much do you?

Which is still much  more than you. I read enough to know that the jury  that convicted them consisted of four white Americans, four black Americans, three Hispanic Americans, and one Asian.  Were they racist against these  Black & Latino boys? 

I also read read enough to be able to ask you asked you how many of the PROSECUTION witnesses where white and how many white black? 

you responded to a post from a year ago
That doesn't alter that fact that you admit that you are talking about something that you imply you cannot recall. Do you not see how fkn stupid you sound and probably are.

this is getting sad. Trump paid for ad's to be run attacking the central park 5. they were innocent. He continued advocating they were guilty even after DNA evidence proved they were innocent. And I already provided evidence of trump's illegally lying to black people to keep them out of his buildings he was managing. 

You simply lied about the President and got caught lying about the President.

One of those cases that you put forward was about his father , Fred and  not the 17 years old son Donald, now president of the USA. So here you lied purposefully while intending to blindside anyone that may have been to idle too read your so called  '  proof ' for themselves.
what are you talking about? Those practices went on for years, which included while donald was managing the buildings. I have no idea why you are suggesting this happened once when donald was 17. 

I am not suggestion that at all. I  simply want you to produce the evidence that PRESIDENT Donal Trump is racist .  I didn't ask about his fathers racism in 50's America where,   if the story be true, is clear racism. 
But saying someone is a racist because they happen to have an opinion on a verdict of a case involving blacks, is not racist, as much as you want to believe it is..  If anyone here is racist in this case it you spreading racist lies and bullshit .

And it turns out that the real rapist who also beat this young woman nearly to death after raping her just happened to be , 'different coloured' .
Was this then a racist attack on this defenseless white woman because she was white? Or just a random opportunistic predatory attack that could have happened to any woman of any colour that happened to be there at that time and that place?
you've completely missed my point.   

Just answer the question

Show me cases where he did that with white kids. 

I don't have to. I haven't made any claims one way or the other.