-->
@Stephen
I don’t believe you.

Paul
Debates: 0
Paul
-->
@Mopac
Christianity is not truth worship, it rejects truth at every turn.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
The only thing youhave shown is that you don't know what past tense means in language. If Herodsays, "whom I have beheaded", that means he has already beheaded him. 
 I know, here read for yourself MARKS gospel>>>
Mark 6:16 But when Herodheard thereof, he said, It isJohn, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead.

And it also means that MARKS gospel has him saying this before hisbirthday and the request of Salome his step daughter.

There is no17 in Mark gospel, and I am only concerned with Marks gospel. You insisted Ihad Mark and Matthew confused. I am not confused. This is about Marks sequence ofevents, stop trying to weasle and worm your way out of the glaring anomaly in MARKS gospel as there are in ALL of the four gosples.. out of it. If I was really being sarcastic and "obtuse" I could have asked - how many friggin heads  did John the Baptist actually have?

John was dead Einstein,

Indeed and Mark says so and has JOHN DEAD BEFORE  Herod’s birthday bash.
I will continue tobelieve the Bible thank you.

I don’t doubt that for a second.

According you you, Jesus= lord of lords = Jesus is god =Jesus is god of gods although you say there is only one god.

The confusion is all yours, ethang5

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Paul
I don’t believe you.

So? I can accept that. 
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Paul
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I am NOT a religious person.
All humans have a religion their developing.  If yours is not biblical or Hindu or any of the irrational, illogical and mythincal religios then that may be a point in you favor.

My points regarding Jesus remain the same. A biblical only myth that never existed in reality and no record of such anywhere except in bible.

Jesus is lord is meaningless set of words. It is like saying Paul is lord except that we have evidence of Pauls existence on DArt.

Rational logical common sense is not your priority. Insignificant and irrelevant to society and our understanding of humanties place in cosmos i.e. insigniifcant and irrelevant mind games involving biblical Jesus.

Truth is also not your priorty

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
And there is a Math 16.17. Read slowly.
talk about "confusion"!!!!

WHAT ABOUT "MATH 16:17? 

It has no bearing whatsoever on the subject matter of Herod and the beheading of the baptist.

Matthew 16:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
The only thing youhave shown is that you don't know what past tense means in language. If Herod says, "whom I have beheaded", that means he has already beheaded him. 
 I know,
If you know John had already been beheaded, are you lying when you claim John was still alive? I prefer to believe you are just confused.

here read for yourself MARKS gospel>>>
Mark 6:16 But when Herodheard thereof, he said, It isJohn, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead.
Yes, see the word "beheaded"? Means this is AFTER John's beheading. Think a little.

And it also means that MARKS gospel has him saying this before his birthday and the request of Salome his step daughter. 
Untrue. This is after. Really, read more slowly.

There is no17 in Mark gospel,
There is a difference between verses and chapters. You cited chapter 6. The verse I cited was verse 17 of chapter 6. Where you stumble.

and I am only concerned with Marks gospel. You insisted Ihad Mark and Matthew confused.
You did and still do.

I am not confused. This is about Marks sequence of events, stop trying to weasle and worm your way out of the glaring anomaly in MARKS gospel as there are in ALL of the four gosples.. out of it.
I can't help if you insist on being obtuse. Mark is talking about a past event. That is why he speaks in the past tense. I am not responsible for your ignorance.

If I was really being sarcastic and "obtuse" I could have asked - how many friggin heads  did John the Baptist actually have?
You could have, and that would have been just as stupid with you not understanding that past tense means already happened.

John was dead Einstein,

Indeed and Mark says so and has JOHN DEAD BEFORE  Herod’s birthday bash.
No he doesn't Einstein. You just assumed so because in your confusion, you thought the past tense meant present. Confusion is not your friend.

I will continue tobelieve the Bible thank you.

I don’t doubt that for a second.
Thank you. Believing the bible over the many crackpots roaming the net has become second nature for me.

According you you, Jesus= lord of lords = Jesus is god =Jesus is god of gods
Please don't lie. "God of gods" is your clunker, not mine. Lying, like obtusness, is not good argumentation.

although you say there is only one god. 
There is only one God. That is why you need to lie. More importantly, the bible says there is only one God.

The confusion is all yours, ethang5
I know my tenses Stephen. I know that "beheaded" means before right now. Don't worry though. Your confusion hinders only you.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Paul
That is what you think, but if that was the case I would not say I was a Christian. Maybe you don't understand the faith as well as you think you do.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You say I'm being ridiculous, but all I'm saying is that my religion is Truth Worship. You are the one telling me otherwise as if you could understand what I believe. You clearly don't understand my faith, and you are only making a pretense of trying to clear things up.

You are not actually open to the possibility you are wrong. That is what I think.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
No I don't know anything about it, I'm just not interested in it.

Is religion fun?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
Are you going to make fun your idol before The Truth?

You know, if you put "a" before something as a prefix it means "not or against".

It was said in greek mythology that inspiration came from a muse.

What does it mean to be amused?

Little etymology humor for you.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
If you know John had already been beheaded, are you lying when you claim John was still alive? 

I am questioning the chronological order of Marks version of events. And you know I was. You submit "past tense" to Marks unfathomable version.
So tell me why would Mark need to speak in a past tense?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I am questioning the chronological order of Marks version of events.
I know. But you are doing so because you have somehow refused to see that Mark is talking about a past event.

You submit "past tense" to Marks unfathomable version.
Mark uses the word "beheaded" and you say I am "submitting" past tense? Are you trying to be silly? It IS past tense. How do you speak of past events?

So tell me why would Mark need to speak in a past tense?
Because everyone but liars and the insane speak of the past in past tense. For example, if I was to tell you about my childhood, I might say, "I lovED chess as a child." See the ed on "loved"? That means its past tense. I may no longer love chess now. I am describing an action already completed in the past.

Really. Do I need to explain this to you? Mark may be "unfathomable" to you, but I have never met anyone in my life who was confused about this simple passage. Your reading comprehension issues may be due to some underlying learning disabilities like dyslexia, or dysgraphia.

Are you aware of any learning issues you have?
Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
Make fun your idol before the truth?

Sure, why not?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
When you are a bored and grumpy old man, you might not realize how foolsih this is, but you'll certainly be living in hell if you don't. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
When you are a bored and grumpy old man, you might not realize how foolsih this is, but you'll certainly be living in hell if you don't. 

What a kind and benevolent god / lord of lords/Jesus you worship. He creates a mere mortal full of faults, medically, physically and mentally then sends him to the burning fires of hell for not being pure & perfect. Besides, I thought god / lord of lords/Jesus had came to earth to "save us" from the fires of hell that you speak of.
P.S. If  as you believe, Jesus is Lord of all other Lords, who are these other Lords that jesus is lord over?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
I'm not even talking about a place of eternal torment. I'm talking about right here on Earth.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
I'm not even talking about a place of eternal torment. I'm talking about right here on Earth.
OK. What a kind and benevolent god / lord of lords/Jesus you worship. He creates a mere mortal full of faults, medically, physically and mentally then causes him to love in  on ON EARTH for not being pure & perfect. Besides, I thought god / lord of lords/Jesus had came to earth to "save us" from the fires of hell that you speak of.

And you didn't answer this question below. why is that?

P.S. If  as you believe, Jesus is Lord of all other Lords, who are these other Lords that jesus is lord over?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
What makes you think I'm going to give you a different answer if you aren't going to adjust your question based on what I tell you?

You are not being reasonable towards me.

If you are really trying to understand theology, you shouldn't presume to understand it.
Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac

Dead people are not alive so how can anybody “live” in hell? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you are dead in hell?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
Who said anything about being dead?

I'm saying that if you are going to wage war against reality in this life, you are going to suffer your own hell in this life.

So it is best to keep it real.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
How did you come to believe what you do?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
Predestination.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
Predestination? Sounds interesting. How does predestination fit in to it?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
It's just what had to be.

Simple enough, right?

Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
So you have come to believe what you do because God has planed your life in advance?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
I would say so.
Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
Do you believe in freewill?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Paul
It's kind of hard for me to reconcile the fact that I can't simply jump to the moon with the concept of free will, so I'd say probably not. I can't breathe under water or go too long without sleep either.

Paul
Paul
-->
@Mopac
But free will is a cornerstone of religion! How can you be religious and NOT believe that you have free will?