Office Mafia Endgame

Author: warren42

Total: 132
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@frenzy
You should sign up for some Mafia games here.
frenzy
Debates: 0
frenzy
-->
@drafterman
You should sign up for some Mafia games here.
I enjoyed spectating this one and I was ready to be a sub if needed but I have exams coming up in a couple of weeks and some assignments due so it will probably have to wait a while.

I'm trekie from DDO by the way.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
The reason why I wanted to POE Lunatic was precisely because of the AROSE vote in DP1 and then the Drafter mislynch vote following..

Either Luna was scum or there was some bad chemistry or some other reason that was going to make Luna a liability for the town. It was straight mislynches by Luna EVERY DAY.

While I had my sus of Luna and Arose... if luna was dead and I did come around to realize Arose likely wouldn't have bussed Sir anon DP1...

That would have left very few scum to pick from on that DP1 vote. Unfortunately, as long as Luna was alive, I wasn't able to push that on the town.
I knew for a fact after the drafter vote that Luna was going to be a liability to the town from then on. 

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@frenzy
Oh, awesome. Glad to have you on board. Good luck with exams.
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
-->
@frenzy
Nice profile pic 👍 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
It's unfortunate and I can't even really pin point why people just kept sheeping him. I think DP1 and DP3 might have burnt some people out. I'll have to work on cutting arguments like those down in the future.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
Just look at this vote DP1. Town should have had this easy if they did the simple POE.

AROSE: 5/7 (Lunatic, Supa, Press, speed, grey)

All town would have to do is POE the fishy people and work their way up. I would have totally gone for a 1v1 with speed after Luna was POE'd.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@frenzy
Could have gotten away with my mafia game if I didn't slip, which I am so PO'ed about bc it was a dumb slip, but Speed played a good game
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
Right, I think it was the fact the town was mindlessly sheeping Luna that mostly made him a liability, not his gameplay.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
And of course, the fact that Luna was a sheepmagnet meant there would be no POE. And no way to narrow that AROSE DP1 vote.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
I believe I said, somewhere on DP1, that given the two wagons, mafia would take the free town mislynch. I think, between DP2 and DP3 things got too derailed.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Greyparrot
Right, I think it was the fact the town was mindlessly sheeping Luna that mostly made him a liability, not his gameplay.
Yes. Lunatic played ok after DP3. The problem was that no one else was really trying.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Firstly, my claim. We were given a safe claim of Stanley. I stole the compulsive visitor idea from Bsh's celebrity Mafia game. I'm very surprised no one called me out for that! It was useful, one, because I was a role cop and I could visit whoever I wanted without suspicion, and two because it gave me a balance analysis. I knew there was a watcher or tracker because we had a ninja (didn't expect both) so I knew I could kind of CC Press for being a cop. I just thought it would be strange to have both a cop and a watcher. I said I could confirm him as a PGO because having a PGO and a visitor makes complete sense. Overall, that claim just so happened to fit perfectly into this game.

DP1 and DP2 was just me hiding out trying not to get lynched, and (kind of) bussing SA and Supa. DP3 I think I helped because I wasn't afraid to say that I thought someone was town. Mafia tends to keep all avenues open, so me saying that I was sure Lunatic was town helped, and then him staying alive made me a bit more townie in his eyes.

We killed Water DP2 because we thought he might have a role. Didn't even occur to us until later that he was town confirmed.

DP3 we killed Wylted specifically because we told Oro to watch him. I KNEW Oro would watch either Press or Wylted, and since Wylted said out loud that Oro should watch him, I figured Oro would do the exact opposite. I'm really glad I was right! Besides that, I knew Lunatic would be 100% town confirmed if Wylted tracked him while I did the NK, and I wanted Lunatic alive specifically so that Grey and friends would tunnel him.

DP4, Grey's tunneling helped TREMENDOUSLY. Since Lunatic had been investigated, Grey assumed that there was a grandfather (Lunatic did this earlier as well). Press was AMAZING pretending to be a PGO, he's absolutely town MVP. Since town established that there was a grandfather, I didn't have to worry about killing investigated players at all. I killed Oro because I knew he would probably be watching Press. It was a gamble that Press wouldn't watch me. That was CLUTCH on the last night.

DP5, obviously had to NK Press, and I also just went along with the AROSE lynch just because.

After that, it was pretty much a guaranteed win. Grey lost that game for y'all big time.

DON'T TUNNEL

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
We needed to kill Luna because your entire strategy revolved around keeping Luna alive after the Drafter mislynch.

The Luna POE would have most certainly left you vulnerable on the DP1 AROSE lynch list. It's just too bad the town was a sheep factory.

The sheeps won this game for you, not me or Luna.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
I know lol, that’s why I left him alive

He was just so distracting for you and AROSE and partially for Max, so keeping him alive was useful
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
Luna had a mislynch every single day. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
And? That doesn’t mean anything. Town can be and is usually wrong
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
I'm just saying keeping him alive helped town sheep a string of mislynches.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
I know, that was the point lol
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
If you agree that Luna was causing a lethal distraction to Town, and Grey was trying to get rid of that distraction, why do you attribute Town's loss to Grey, rather than Luna?

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Because he tunneled. Lunatic being a distraction wasn't his fault, Grey and Wylted are just stubborn
Lunatic
Lunatic
I can't mislynch someone by myself. I can vote for someone and if y'all agree with my anysis you also vote. Or you can nake a counter wagon. Thats how games in DDO work. There's multiple cases built usually not just one for people to follow.

Greyparrot you can't blame yoir own shitty actions on anyone but yourself. You wont ever learn or get better if you do.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
I was willing to be open minded on many of the lynches. I was the days lynch for like 3 day phases unless i pushed another one since you started your tunnel train on me.
Vader
Vader
-->
@drafterman
No one played good this game besides Speed

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Stop talking bro you clearly don't know what your talking about little kid.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
OK boomer, says the guy who literally rushed an Airmax lynch on a LYLO. It's meta not to rush on a LYLO and you threw that all in water. PF4R definitely could have VTL'ed me with all the evidence he had against me (that was wrong) and rushed lynch, but he waited out, being good town, you were a distraction like you told me to be as mafia
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Because he tunneled.
To get rid of an anti-town element. That's a good thing.

Lunatic being a distraction wasn't his fault, Grey and Wylted are just stubborn
Right, but how did that cost Town the game? Town wasn't willing to listen to anyone but Luna.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
All you do is talk shit from the peanut stand as if you would have done any better in our spot which I guarantee you wouldn't have. I've seen your play. Its horrible.
Roles dont normally change mid game unless their is mod influence. I would have voted max no matter what last dp.

Btw I'm a millenial lmao. I think the only actual boomer on the site was roylatham
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
To get rid of an anti-town element. That's a good thing.
After DP3, Lunatic was very pro-town. Yes, he was wrong in his lynches, but it would have been very hard for him to catch Speed the way Speed was playing.
Right, but how did that cost Town the game? Town wasn't willing to listen to anyone but Luna.
It was less that he was the only one they would listen to and more that there was no one else talking.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I would have waited to lynch before you jumping in the LYLO, I am not discrediting you for your lynch, but your eagerness ina  LYLO