Author: Singularity

Total: 84
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Sure ultimate reality.

But you have no way of knowing what that actually is.

That is in line with what we teach.

The essence of God is unknowable. 

Being that this is one of the things we openly preach about God, it isn't something that can undermine what we say.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
You are wrong about everything. 

The catechuman phase is to weed out people like you who think they know everything, and properly educate those who are humble enough to receive instruction. To prepare them.

I wouldn't call you a cynic. I'd sooner call you an uncharitable and opinionated know-it-all dipshit than that.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Now that is an unsupportable claim.
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Dr.Franklin
That is clearly also not true. I have mental illness. It is honestly offensive to me that pointing people towards help who have all the symptoms of mental illness comes across as offensive and people get defensive. We all have problems and for example Mopac getting defensive about it instead of seeking help, makes me think he thinks I am less than him for suffering from something I can't help
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
I don't think you understand that my offense at you diagnosing me with mental illness, as if you are qualified to do so, has to do with the cruel tortures that were very specifically aimed at people of my faith by the psychiatric institutes in The Soviet Union and other communist atheistic societies in the world. China is still doing it. Not just to Christians either, but Muslims, Buddhists, and anyone else that is seen to the cult of state worship that communism really is.

Calling someone mentally ill is belittling and dismissive. Your inability to comprehend what I am saying is not proof of mental illness.

So yeah, I find it offensive. And if you want to know the truth, the world looks pretty crazy from our perspective.

Our whole discipline is therepeutic towards mental illness. I don't need to see some head doctor who was trained to see religion as mental illness. I myself spent a month in a mental hospital. I wouldn't take their drugs. They kept me there longer for refusing treatment. After keeping me for a month, they let me go. Undiagnosed. Why was I put there to begin with? After I confided in someone that I wanted to sell my things and give my life to Christ, they called the police and said I wanted to hurt myself and others. Thats a great way to skip due process by the way! The whole time I was there, I was mocked mercilessly for.my belief in God, and one time they gave me a shot of thorzeine for reading the sermon on the mount outloud to people who wanted to hear it.

The scientologists got something right about the psychiatric industry! 

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
I never diagnosed you, but you have all the symptoms and should seek a psychologist. Best case scenario they say you are perfect like jesus and you can walk away. Worst case they recognize the early signs of a psychological illness and you can fix it before it starts to take a toll on your quality of life
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Singularity
why didnt you tell me
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
I don't respect your armchair psychology. It is really rather asinine.

Besides, you don't know me. You admit that you have mental illness. Perhaps you should stop projecting that on to other people, it is rude.

What about me is mentally ill? My religion is worship of The Truth. Is that not the sanest religion one can have?

It sure is.

If there is anything that hints at me being mentally ill at all, it is that I continue to hang out here at the insane asylum known as the DART religion forum.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Some nutcases asked you to read the sermon on the mount and you wonder why they sedated you when you did. WOW
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
I wouldn't call you a cynic. I'd sooner call you an uncharitable and opinionated know-it-all dipshit than that.

Who still knows these scriptures inside out and much better that you will ever live to know them.

And again, you  have ignored this>>  

So as of yet, it has not been demonstrated that anyone on the planet has a mental "illness."

Was Jesus "mad"?  Anyone knows that to call someone "mad" is simply a cheap form of abuse. But what is it when the bible uses the word? What's more, what is it when Jesus' own family say of him  having  "lost his mind" -   thought he was "crazy"  -  said  "he's gone mad" -  and to be  "out of his mind" - and  " he has become mad" ?  Mark 3:21

madness

the state of having a serious mental illness.

out of one's mind

1. having lost control of one's mental faculties. having lost control of one's mental faculties.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
I never diagnosed you, but you have all the symptoms and should seek a psychologist. Best case scenario they say you are perfect like jesus and you can walk   [ on water] . Worst case they recognize the early signs of a psychological illness and you can fix it before it starts to take a toll on your quality of life.

I hope you don't mind. but i fixed that for you.
Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
Thanks
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
It is not the possibility of an ultimate reality that others question.

It is you and your churches blind devotion to an "unknowable essence" and the associated pontification that lies therein.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
When you guys say the church should do this, and the church should do that, it feels like you are talking about a talking building.  

Instead of Mr Harry Hogan, John smith and Paul Davies, itssssssssssss, 
The Church.
The OP makes it like sitting in a chair talking to a wall. 
The Church. 
It was, The Church.
The Church says ?
Yeah but  I'd say the church says.
There is a out there. 

It's up there with you guys saying your a Christian. 
Just a Christian and no more info.  
Christian.

But again you can see the out it supplies. 
(  He was a CHRISTIAN and THE CHURCH said it. )   OUTZZZ.

Good game.
Good game. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
If you haven't noticed, we Orthodox don't really proselytize. You are looking at a foolish exception.

The reason you have a problem with what we teach is because you don't understand it. If you did understand it, you'd see that what we teach actually makes for a saner and less superstitious people. Anyone who abides in The Way is a benefit to all of mankind, as Christ himself is the true philanthropos, or lover of mankind.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
The church has left the building
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
I have a sneaking suspicion that this ummm, stuff you do at your church. Be it the praising / praying  worshipping stuff.
You could do at a book store or a furniture shop, maybe even at a train station. 

See It really is hard picturing a God wanting everyone meeting up at least once a week down at the clubhouse.

Ok this might be far fetched but moe moe.
Hey Mopac?
I reckon  you could ( probably )  worship your God the same in a mosque or at a ten pin bowling joint as much as your church.
Crazy right?

I'm just going to ask. 
Hey moe?
Can i still get into heaven with only attending 10 max sunday services in 40 years.?
Be honest.
I can handle it. 

Actually, you  guys having "A talking church "  isn't that odd. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Any one that believes in an "unknown essence"
By that very definition must be a tad "superstitious".

And I would suggest that it is not a case of "not understanding".
It's more a case of understanding what you espouse, which on the surface appears to be reasonably virtuous, but nonetheless, has no factual basis.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
When we say church, we are not talking about a building. Church means congregation. You are confusing a temple with church.

But we are supposed to worship God everywhere and at all times. The liturgy or common action that we come together is something we do in addition to that.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
The Ultimate Reality.
If you know what that means, you would have the opposite opinion. Clearly the ones who acknowledge the unknowable essence are less superstitious than those who claim to have the mind of God.
Necessarily, to know God in His essence is to know everything.

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Singularity
It seems there is multiple users here who have a mental illness
lol
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Lol, the jokes on Singularity, he's included in that....
I have mental illness.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@EtrnlVw
wow
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Stephen
Was Jesus "mad"?  Anyone knows that to call someone "mad" is simply a cheap form of abuse. But what is it when the bible uses the word? What's more, what is it when Jesus' own family say of him  having  "lost his mind" -   thought he was "crazy"  -  said  "he's gone mad" -  and to be  "out of his mind" - and  " he has become mad" ?  Mark 3:21

What does any of this have to do with my response?

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Singularity
That is clearly also not true. I have mental illness.
That does not put you in a position to offer a pseudo-diagnosis using online commentary.

It is honestly offensive to me that pointing people towards help who have all the symptoms of mental illness comes across as offensive and people get defensive.
That which you find offensive is irrelevant. And you're not trying to point anyone towards help. You're merely attempting to trivialize their adherence to their religion and/or spiritual philosophy by assuming "psychological authority."

We all have problems and for example Mopac getting defensive about it instead of seeking help, makes me think he thinks I am less than him for suffering from something I can't help
Mopac did not ask for your help.

I never diagnosed you,
No you did not. You did, however, offer a pseudo-diagnosis based on some assumed psychological authority.

but you have all the symptoms and should seek a psychologist.
Once again, there are no "symptoms"; symptoms suggest pathology; pathology suggests biochemistry; as of yet, there has been no biochemical basis demonstrated.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Athias
He has clear signs of early onset schizophrenia.  The word salad and delusions just being a few I can't diagnose him because I am not his therapist but it is perfectly fine to attempt to get somebody help before it is too late. Just like when I see people with suicidal ideation I can't conclude they are suicidal but I point them towards resources they can utilize. I am not saying being spiritual is a symptom of mental illness, most spiritual people do not have mental illness, but he has shown clear signs, and you are preventing him from getting the help he needs by denying his obvious symptoms and signs

Singularity
Singularity
"Once again, there are no "symptoms"; symptoms suggest pathology; pathology suggests biochemistry; as of yet, there has been no biochemical basis demonstrated."

This line is nonsense. I can not observe biochemistry from here, nor can psychologists observe biochemistry. This is just an odd statement and nonsensical

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
I'm not speaking in word salad. I am not expressing delusional things. 

You are having comprehension issues, and since you lack any real humility or charity you are trying to pin me with mental illness.

And if it is against the TOS for me to acuse you of having mental deficiencies, I don't see why you can effectively do the same thing to me.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
I legitimately have mental deficiencies. It is not offensive to point them out, and I certainly hope not against any terms of service. This site seems to be geared towards us growing to strengthen these deficiencies, so I want mine pointed out.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Singularity
You don't determine what is taken as offensive.

I already told you how psychiatry was weaponized against my people by militant atheists to torture and slaughter us.