Quassim Solemani is Dead

Author: Vader

Total: 292
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
What exactly was being defended against?
I don't have access to classified information but the claim I thought was they were planning an imminent attack on U.S. citizens and or the embassy.
How is that anything other than you don't give a shit.
hope this helps
sad
/sad/
adjective

1. 1.
    feeling or showing sorrow; unhappy.
  2. causing or associated with grief or unhappiness
  3.  REGRETTABLEDEPLORABLEsad relaxation of morals— C. W. Cunnington
also see harsh reality.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I don't have access to classified information but the claim I thought was they were planning an imminent attack on U.S. citizens and or the embassy.
There was a claim that Sadam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, or was involved in 9/11. Those were lies. There were claims that there were 2 gulf of Tonkin incidents, that was a lie too. There were claims that afganistan refused to turn over Bin Laden, also a lie. The government has proven on many occasions that it likes to lie about stuff, especially to justify the use of violence. 

There is no reason to take their word for it. 

hope this helps
sad...
Ok, so you are slightly unhappy about the fact that women and children have and continue to be massacred by the US military. You just don't care enough to condemn that, or criticize it even slightly, let alone do anything. Oh yes, I can definitely see that you care deeply about these atrocities....
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
“General Suleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement.

The highly classified mission was set in motion after the American contractor’s death on Dec. 27 during a rocket attack by an Iranian-backed militia, a senior American official said.
In killing General Suleimani, Mr. Trump took an action that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama had rejected,

As rocket attacks against U.S. bases in Iraq intensified over the last two months, the president had granted the Pentagon extraordinary latitude: The U.S. military had his permission to kill Soleimani the next time it had an opportunity to do so, according to a senior defense official who was not authorized to speak on the record.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
The government has proven on many occasions that it likes to lie about stuff, especially to justify the use of violence. 
There is no reason to take their word for it. 
right, there is no reason to take their word for it unless it's something you want, you know like free stuff, entitlements, HEALTHCARE lol you are funny.

Oh yes, I can definitely see that you care deeply about these atrocities
leftist love to judge others, I get that, but don't pretend that you know me or what I feel, it's irrelevant and frankly none of your business.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
“General Suleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region,” the Pentagon said in a statement
Ok, the US government says he was going to do stuff. They also said Sadam had weapons of mass destruction. Where is the evidence? Why should we carry out acts of war with no proof Iran was planning or had done anything?

In killing General Suleimani, Mr. Trump took an action that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama had rejected,
They rejected it because they knew it was stupid. They knew it would escalate the violence and cause pointless death and destruction. 

As rocket attacks against U.S. bases in Iraq intensified over the last two months, the president had granted the Pentagon extraordinary latitude
So Iraqi's were launching rockets, so they murdered an Iranian general.... 

Where is the evidence that Iran or Solemani were in any way involved? That article says that allies of Iran did stuff. It in no way shows that Iran did anything, much less Solemani in particular. 

So based on the actions taken by Iraqi militia groups, the US committed an act of war against Iran. Do you not see how nuts that is?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
right, there is no reason to take their word for it unless it's something you want, you know like free stuff, entitlements, HEALTHCARE lol you are funny.
So you see domestic policy proposals coming from candidates for the presidency as exactly the same thing as vague threats made by the defense department that are being used to push us towards war. You don't see any difference between those things?

leftist love to judge others, I get that, but don't pretend that you know me or what I feel, it's irrelevant and frankly none of your business.
You have done nothing but vilify Iran this entire time with little to no criticism at all of the wanton murder and destruction being carried out by the US military. If I am wrong and you oppose that, by all means say so. But i'm guessing you won't do that because you don't care that the government is bombing muslim funerals. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
You have done nothing but vilify Iran this entire time with little to no criticism at all of the wanton murder and destruction being carried out by the US military. If I am wrong and you oppose that, by all means say so. But i'm guessing you won't do that because you don't care that the government is bombing muslim funerals. 

False equivalency plus 40 Muslims died at their own funeral with no US involvement.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Where is the evidence? Why should we carry out acts of war with no proof Iran was planning or had done anything?
that's one of the problems with stuff being classified etc right?

I believe a few sources indicated he was coordinating and aiding in those attacks which would explain why he was there.  He was involved with the attacks directly.

it's unfortunate the people of the world are the way they are but this is nothing new.

here is what I believe, there are 2 sides to every story, somewhere in the middle is the truth.

I would love to live in a world without the fear of violence, domestic and foreign, but that is not human nature.

Iran could turn a corner towards peace but I don't believe the leaders want that nor do they care about their citizens.  I hope I'm wrong.  It could be the start of a new era.

vilify Iran
correction, I vilify subhumans who burn people in cages, behead them, kill gays etc, don't you think people who do those things should be vilified?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
last I read it was up to 56, boggles the mind.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
It's really fucked up when people think Orangeman is JUST as evil as people burning in cages or gays being beheaded.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
that's one of the problems with stuff being classified etc right?
Yeah, that's kind of the problem though isn't it? The government carried out an act of war without providing any justification to the american people and didn't even bother to tell congress he was doing it. I for one don't think the President should have the power to declare war unilaterally and not even bother to justify it afterwards. But maybe republicans don't care if the president becomes a king. 

I believe a few sources indicated he was coordinating and aiding in those attacks which would explain why he was there.  He was involved with the attacks directly.
says who? no evidence of any kind has been presented. They could have just made it up, as countless governments have before, to justify an attack. These kinds of lies got us into Afganistan, Iraq and vietnam. They may very well get us into a war with Iran too. 

Iran could turn a corner towards peace but I don't believe the leaders want that nor do they care about their citizens.  I hope I'm wrong.  It could be the start of a new era.
How could that possibly happen when the US won't stop attacking them? They made efforts to move towards peace and Trump blew it up. They got burned when they made moves toward peace last time. They aren't going to try again without guarentees. And trump is much more interesting in bombing them than talking to them. 

correction, I vilify subhumans who burn people in cages, behead them, kill gays etc, don't you think people who do those things should be vilified?
which people is that specifically? Some random officials or clarics? How does that have anything to do with the murder of Solemani?

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Yeah, that's kind of the problem though isn't it? The government carried out an act of war without providing any justification to the american people and didn't even bother to tell congress he was doing it. I for one don't think the President should have the power to declare war unilaterally and not even bother to justify it afterwards. But maybe republicans don't care if the president becomes a king. 

A.) It was a limited timetable
B.) Democrats hold the House and are visibly upset that we killed someone who had killed 600 and injured thousands
C.) Read up on the War Powers Act
D.) Trump hasn’t declared war. He enforced the red line after withholding strikes multiple times.
E.) You have yet to give an alternative as what Trump should’ve done.
F.) At what point do we say enough is enough! When Americans actually die?

says who? no evidence of any kind has been presented. They could have just made it up, as countless governments have before, to justify an attack. These kinds of lies got us into Afganistan, Iraq and vietnam. They may very well get us into a war with Iran too. 
Who said Osama was behind 9/11. Who ordered the killing of Osama bin Laden in a sovereign country? You weren’t saying anything then? The point is, information can be good or bad when it comes to military intelligence. At best your allegation is moot. Enforcing a red line to protect Americans is a good thing not a bad thing.

How could that possibly happen when the US won't stop attacking them? They made efforts to move towards peace and Trump blew it up. They got burned when they made moves toward peace last time. They aren't going to try again without guarentees. And trump is much more interesting in bombing them than talking to them. 
If they wanted piece, they wouldn’t be funneling millions to anti-American terrorist organizations. Can you please explain where “talking” got us thus far. And don’t say the Nuclear Deal because that only ended up in Iran being able to fund terrorists even more. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@HistoryBuff
Well, Iran did commit an act of war against the US by attempting to storm the US embassy.
For a bit of context, the "Iran-backed militia" the article mentions is the extremely dangerous terrorist group Hezbollah, which Iran sponsors.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
which people is that specifically? Some random officials or clarics? How does that have anything to do with the murder of Solemani?
it was in response to your accusations

I for one don't think the President should have the power to declare war unilaterally and not even bother to justify it afterwards. But maybe republicans don't care if the president becomes a king. 

they did justify it, it's not a declaration of war.  Obama went there similar things so maybe look some of that up to see how it works.

the powers of the president are the same regardless of party, Obama did similar things as did presidents before him.  It's nice to see you have some distrust in government as you should.  It's too bad you are blinded by t.d.s.  Someday you may have an awakening and see how similar (in bad ways) both parties are.

you don't trust government in foreign affairs but willing to dive in 100% for your healthcare, seems contrary.
if you believe the U.S. government has and does kill innocent people then you should also understand and think it reasonable that people want to keep their guns.

"In 2016, US special operators could be found in 70% of the world’s nations, 138 countries – a staggering jump of 130% since the days of the Bush administration."

so let's not be selective in the criticism of innocent causalities.

think long and hard about trusting any administration and giving them even more power over you.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Trump met with the Saudi Arabian leader today
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Vader
missiles are flying
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Where?
Vader
Vader
Al Asad military base has been fired upon. Let's see how the US reacts
Username
Debates: 9
Username
This is not a game. Jesus Christ. 

We're on the verge of war because Trump literally took the most aggressive choice possible to protect the embassy. 

So much for non-interventionism. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Username
Not WWIII, but probably a war like Afghanistan were we dominate, but way less than Afghanistan. China won't join and the powers won't join
Username
Username
-->
@Vader
It's still war, and people will still senselessly parish because our government made a terrible choice. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Username
Fair enough and I always am anti war for most causes besides terrorists, but this whole WWIII situation/meme won't happen. Russia or China would have to get involved, China doesn't want to do anything there and Russia is quiet.
Username
Username
WWIII is a meme but war is a reality. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@Username
For sure, but a draft won't happen
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
What does a draft have to do with any of this? This situation is very likely going to lead to another stupid war that will result in wasting trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Vader
Listen to the child he has no fucking idea.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
What makes you think american lives are so much more important than other lives?
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
What makes you think american lives are so much more important than other lives?

I am not saying that American lives matter more in a philosophical sense. I just personally care more about my fellow countrymen in the same way you value your parents more than your third cousin (probably).
Vader
Vader
-->
@bmdrocks21
I am anti war too and am against it. Where did I say I was for the war? I supported killing Solemani because he was evil