It is delusional to say, "There is no Ultimate Reality"

Author: Mopac

Total: 147
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
There already is a word for The Ultimate Reality. It is God. 

Obviously, God doesn't require worship. God doesn't require anything.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@drafterman
@SirAnonymous
@Singularity
Whenever Mopac gets like this just link him the ten month old thread I linked in post 2. He has ignored it all this time and will probably continue to do so so if everyone just links him that then he has nothing to go on and will eventually become bored. This may eventually lead him to trying to come up with an actual argument for Christianity thus improving the quality of the site. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It is futile to make an argument for Christianity when the audience refuses to get on the same page about what we mean by the words we use.

I am not making an argument for Christianity. I am telling you and everyone that this is what is meant by the word "God", and you can dispute this all you want, but it doesn't change what is true.

Atheists do  not get to tell us what is meant by the words we use. It is the evident truth that to do so is foolishness on the part of the atheist. This is, of course, consistent with the position they profess. The truth is arbitrary, reality is whatever you can get away with.

And not one of you is capable of arguing against God. To do so only makes you look like an idiot.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
Do you think Christmas exists?

Do you think Santa exists?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I KNOW God exists, and I can rightly say that anyone who denies the existence of The Ultimate Reality either has no idea what they are saying, or they are an idiot.

There is no in between.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Everyone in Russia right now knows that Christmas certainly exists, as today is Christmas in Russia.

But these things do not exist as God exists. God exists in a way that is not like created things. Created things exist in relation. They are contingent realities. By contrast, God is wholly other, The True Singularity, and is self sufficient. Not only does God exist, but God exists AS Reality in the truest sense. In comparison, all other existent things are illusion and do not truly exist. It is God that is ultimately real, and all existent things derive their being from God.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac

Yes I do.

Okay cool. Do you think Santa exists?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Why don't you discern what is being said in the rest of your post. In it is the real answer to your question.

All cre as ted things exist IN SOME SENSE. Only God exists in every sense. Existing is what makes God. If it doesn't exist, it isn't God.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
I can't answer whether Mopac believes in Santa. Only Mopac can answer that. So again...

Yes I do.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I believe that you probably consider this an "Aha!" question.

It isn't by the way.

I am interpreting it as your lack of respect for the subject matter, and so I will direct you to my first two responses to your question.

The Ultimate Reality is God. If you deny this God, it is a testament to your own wickedness. If you reject The Truth as God, strong delusion is the natural consequence!

Take me out of the picture, because you are debating God, not me. You have no argument that can stand against God, who offers himself as an argument. If you had The Spirit of Truth, you would see that God's argument is flawless. The only thing arguing against God does is make you look like a fool.

Self will can not overturn reality. This is not an arbitrary matter.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
I am not talking about God, I am talking about Santa. Please stay on topic.

Yes I do.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You are the one who is off topic. You are simply constructing an ad hominem argument.

I am irrelevant. The topic is God.

Get with it or I am not feeding you anymore.

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Mopac
Mopac
Mopac
The Supreme and Ultimate Reality is what Truly Exists.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@drafterman
@SirAnonymous
@Singularity
So anyway eventually he will either admit he doesn't think Santa exists or he will say something like "Santa exists in people's minds as a figment of their imagination" or something like that (which is the same as saying Santa does not exist).

Once he does that just cite the dictionary definition of Santa in my old thread and follow the hypothetical 7 year old childs script (same as mopacs script but with two words changed). Make sure to bring up the dictionary definition of Santa = Christmas. Mopac loves dictionaries.

I have to go to work now so... Have fun I guess.
Mopac
Mopac
There is no argument that stands against The Ultimate Reality.

The Ultimate Reality is God.

The deluded heathens stumble in their madness.

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
But if God exists because He is the Ultimate Reality, then you have another problem: you have proven that God exists, but you haven't proven that God is, in fact, God. All your argument proves is that reality exists and that you call reality "God." However, reality isn't omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent, or supernatural. In fact, reality isn't even a person. All you're doing is calling reality "God." That would be like me calling my computer "Bilbo Baggins." Yes, it would be impossible for anyone to deny that my computer exists because I'm typing this comment on it. Therefore, Bilbo Baggins exists. However, if this argument is valid, then Bilbo Baggins ceases to be Bilbo Baggins and is just a computer. Your argument that God is the Ultimate Reality does the same thing. It doesn't prove that God exists. All is does is call something "God" that isn't God.

Look, I agree with you that God is real. However, no one is going to be convinced by this because it is so obvious what you're doing. There are legitimate reasons to believe in God. Why don't you use those instead of an argument centered around a logical fallacy?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
The word "God" means "The Ultimate Reality".

Once you accept that, we can talk about what God is and what God isn't.

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Mopac
That sounds pantheistic or panantheistic. Am I correct, or am I assuming too much?

Before I answer whether or not God is the Ultimate Reality, could you define what you mean by the "Ultimate Reality"? At the moment, it's quite ambiguous.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@SirAnonymous
You ask The Ultimate Reality for a name.

The Eternally Existing One speaks, "I AM THAT I AM"

That right there is a legit answer.

The orthodox view is more panentheistic. Pantheism would definitely be considered an error. God is in the universe, but also not circumscribed by it. God is bigger than the universe.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
And not one of you is capable of arguing against God.
It would be like arguing against the literal existence of harry potter.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
all other existent things are illusion and do not truly exist

Finally you exhibit your nihilism. Took awhile.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The Eternally Existing One speaks, "I AM THAT I AM"
Never happened, it's taken from a book of myths and fairy tales.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Mopac: God is just the super reality, I am not going to ascribe any other attributes to it.

Also Mopac: Oh by the way the super reality can talk also it definitely said this specific thing.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
You could say that God spoke the world into existence. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You could say that but it's a stupid thing to say.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
You could say that God spoke the world into existence. 

Sure, and I could also say that Santa gives coal to naughty children. I would have to substantiate that with something a little more concrete than "The dictionary says that Santa is Father Christmas and you believe Christmas exists therefore you believe in Santa."

The act of giving coal is an extra attribute given to Santa that is not given to Christmas.

The act of speaking things into existence is an extra attribute given to God that is not given to reality.

Do you believe in Santa btw?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It doesn't matter what the dictionary says. The church has taught that God is the ultimate reality since the beginning,  and the evidence is in reading the historical writings of the church.

You mock what you don't understand, and so you never get understanding. Our way will always be obscure to you.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
The church has taught that God is the ultimate reality

Also that God is consious and spoke the world into existence and a dozen other things.

Is it delusional to believe reality is concious? Is it delusional to believe Jesus was just a normal human? Why or why not?