Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@EtrnlVw
YES love them
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
Hi. I'm Tej. I'm from India. Came on here from DDO. 

Joined DDO in 2015 and it completely revolutionized my life, encouraged me to pursue formal debate in HS. I'm currently a sophomore in high school and debate in World Schools and British Parliamentary debate; have debated and been reasonably successful at the international level as well. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@David
@Vader

TheGreatSeal
Debates: 2
TheGreatSeal
I'm TheGreatSeal, formerly known as Greatkitteh in my past DDO life. I found out that someone else in Guam had an internet name called "Greatkitteh" (total coincidence), and I like seals as much as cats. 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@TheGreatSeal
Why Jaime?
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
I'm ResurgetExFavilla. I really like the requiem mass, Catholicism, and depressing poetry. I guess I'm on the right politically but I'm anti-capitalism, anti-imperialism, a realist in foreign policy, and a big advocate of decentralization and tradition.
TheGreatSeal
TheGreatSeal
-->
@bsh1
Several reasons. Firstly, Jaime "The Kingslayer" Lannister is my favorite character in Game of Thrones, book and show alike. His character transformation is a redemption arc that's one of my favorite in drama and literature (GoT in general has some good character development), and I was one of the few to not be so opposed to him in the earlier seasons. Secondly, Nikolaj-Coster-Waldo is extremely attractive, even on his prince charming haircut. Finally, I'm a big fan of House Lannister in general since I believe that they are the most complex, but thats for another thread.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheGreatSeal
I agree that he's attractive (are you gay?), but  Kit Harrington is the hottest. I also don't find Jaime's character arc nearly as compelling as, say, Tyrion's or as likable as, say, Daenarys'.

TheGreatSeal
TheGreatSeal
-->
@bsh1
I'll probably stop it at this post to avoid derailing the post too much. I have nothing against the LGBT community, but I'm not gay myself. Through, I have to admit Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) is attractive; most everyone in the GoT cast is talented and attractive. I have a pretty soft spot in my heart of misrepresented characters and people in general, which might factor in my pity for the Kingslayer, but I always took Jaime's arc to be the best because its simultaneous cohesion and change. On one hand, Jaime's arc is such that every part of his actions makes sense when compared to another scene. The scene when he opens up to Brieanne gives you a new perspective on Jamie confronting Ned, its understandable Jamie is  buying into Cerise's rhetoric about Mycelia dying after watching him witness his only daughter's death firsthand, and him dissuading Jon Snow for joining the Night's Watch has a whole new light shed when you understand his own taking of the white cloak. In other words, his scenes are the most complex, and he becomes easier to emphasize with as we understand his motives. While Jamie's arc is really nicely structured, I also find it to be the most unexpected. Tyrion, as your example, has a really good arc. However, season 7 or 8 Tyrion doesn't seem out of place in season 1 or 2. He's just more prone to making mistakes and more bitter, but they were traits he always carried, and his emphatic, alcoholic, Napoleonic person really doesn't leave him. I'm opposed to Daenarys for my own reasons in the first place, but season 7 or 8 Daenarys is also not very different from early season Daenarys. She gained some dragons and titles for herself, but she's the same naive person who bought into the whole "Westros is my home" idea. Jamie Lannister post-cut, on the other hand, is definitely different than early Jamie. Jamie gets a conscience. He starts distancing himself from his sister, he learns from his mistakes against Robb to become a capable politician/general, and he puts his life and honor at risk by riding against the Night King and Cersei's orders.

As I said though, I do want to keep this thread relatively on-topic. I guess I'm just introducing myself and how I look at things with the help of literature (as well as showing off my ability to kind of pull of a valid argument. Still not good as you or tejeretics, but sort of kind of learning how to express viewpoints?) , but I don't want to subvert this into a GoT thread. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheGreatSeal
We need a good GOT thread...
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
I'm vagabond.
Why am I banned?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@bsh1

We need a good GOT thread...

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@disgusted
I'm vagabond. Why am I banned?

For posts like this. Your first post to the thread. Vulgar and insulting for no reason other than you trolling.

It's quite simple for those not stupid enough to believe in creationism.
Hope that helps though I'm sure it won't. Your ignorance is impregnable.

Did you not learn anything from being banned?

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
If you were banned, you should not have circumvented the ban by returning in a different account.

Nonetheless, I did not ban you. Your ban predates my modship. I will need to talk to the site owner to determine the answer to that question.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
So because you don't like someone telling you what you are YOU consider I should be banned? YOU the most hatefilled, vitriolic, hypocritical, ignorant poster on any forum I have ever encountered makes these decisions?
Don't worry little thang just remember that you are not concerned by insults.as you have claimed.
You are though incredibly afraid of anybody who challenges your low IQ and incapacity to understand reality, you are a pathetic individual whose only escape is his fear of death and his absurd belief that it won't occur.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
I didn't circumvent anything, I returned much more honestly than any of the members here are capable of and requested immediately an explanation of the banning that I have only become aware of since I attempted, recently, to log in.

RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@disgusted
While I agree with you that ethang is a pest, you should also appreciate that ethang is a fruit-fly with rabies who buzzes around from time to time but leaves you in peace of you shoo him and stop interacting past that whereas you're a tapeworm, a parasite waiting to infect other members and spread your species far and wide in ways we don't appreciate.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@disgusted
Technically, creating a new account to get around a ban on another is a circumvention of the ban. That said, I am looking into the circumstances around your ban and will be contacting you, in private, to discuss once I have further information.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
Ooh so now will you actually explain, IN DETAIL, why I was banned? And  mean DETAIL, including the complaints and the process undertaken that resulted in the decision.I doubt that you  will fail in my request.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RationalMadman
Provide examples!!!!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@disgusted
So because you don't like someone telling you what you are YOU consider I should be banned?
No. I didn't ban you or ask for your banning. You were banned because of posts like this one, where you insult and harass people without provocation. For some reason, you think you are entitled to be rude.

YOU the most hatefilled, vitriolic, hypocritical, ignorant poster on any forum I have ever encountered makes these decisions?
No. The site owner made the decision. I just happen to believe he made the correct decision.

Don't worry little thang just remember that you are not concerned by insults.as you have claimed.
It isn't your insults, it's the fact that insults are all you have. Your begin with insults, are devoid of any rational content, and close with more insults. Even atheists call you a troll.

You are though incredibly afraid of anybody who challenges your low IQ and incapacity to understand reality, you are a pathetic individual whose only escape is his fear of death and his absurd belief that it won't occur.
This isn't about me troll. However bad I am, I was not the one banned, nor was I the one who banned you.

Your pathetic post here just goes to show the owner and the mods that you do not have a reasonable temperament. Calm down, and resist your urge to lurch into expletives. Include something pertinent and not just insults.

Before you left DDO, I tried to advise you. You ignored the advice and were promptly banned. Perhaps you don't care. But if you continue, you will give the mods no choice but to ban you again. It's your choice.
bsh1
bsh1
Let's keep this thread positive and upbeat, folks!
Vaarka
Vaarka
Haha we make a thread so users can introduce themselves and it still manages to create drama
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vaarka
Typical when trolls are around. Mike was correct.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Poor little thang.
Blade-of-Truth
Blade-of-Truth
Hello everyone!

This site looks good :) 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Blade-of-Truth
Are you the poster that was known as AirMax (or some variation of)  on DDO?