Welcome to DART: Introduce Yourself

Author: bsh1

Pinned
Total: 393
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Well, I suppose it's worth introducing myself now that I'm becoming involved in the site. Username's whiteflame, I've been an avid debater for quite a while now, both online and offline (though chiefly the latter). These days, I've been spending more time voting than debating, though I'll happily engage in either activity. I'm game for a range of topics, though I'd say I favor policy and scientific topics. While I do enjoy a good long written debate, I'm also game for live debates through Google Hangouts. My inbox is always open, and if you're interested in a debate or want me to vote on one of yours, hit me up.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@whiteflame
I am quick to say when I think something or someone stinks, I want to be just as quick when I think someone is super.

I am glad to see whiteflame here. He is quality through and through. The class of this site just went up with his joining. Mike, if you don't know him, get to know him. Whiteflame, welcome man. I hope I didn't embarrass you cuz you aren't a toot your horn kind of guy.

Hope you like it enough to stay.

sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I'm sadolite. Used to be a master printer for 22 years now a master stone cutter and fabricator for the last 18 years. Other skills include home remodeling with all sub skills involved. Mechanical machine repair and CNC operations. Auto mechanics, boat mechanics, motorcycle mechanics small engine mechanics. Small part time business owner.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Agreed. WF is OG to the site. If it came down to a desert island scenario, I'd die for him and/or join whatever group he formed.

He is the realest DDO member there is with bsh1 as a close rival. Everyone else is lacking in the ways they are in terms of loyalty, integrity and kindness to even users like me when the rest of the community piled on us.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
Sounds just like him. So we do agree on something.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bsh1
That's not possible with the thang around.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
BoT is literally BoT on ddo. he's an old timer who kind of lost interest with the site much like danielle (danielle is 2 generations of user elder to him community-wise though and her and sadolite are the only 2 still-active users to entirely predate me by a generation as I was among the Gen2 users of the site)

anyways here is BoT:

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh I know. But there was a rumour going around that BoT was the sock of AirMax. Surely you heard it?

Either way, the more the merrier.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
You are thinking of this guy:

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
I think I'm wrong. This user is also an elder to the site, albeit a far less sociable or well known one:

1harderthanyouthink
1harderthanyouthink
I'm me.
Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@whiteflame
If we could organize an ironperson BP live debate, I'd be 100% down to do that. Random topic with 15 minutes of prep time.

Though I would prefer if we got 5-7 minutes of prep time in between speeches, since in non-ironperson BP rounds, I spend a significant portion of my partner's speech writing my speech. 
Tejretics
Tejretics
Though I would prefer if we got 5-7 minutes of prep time in between speeches, since in non-ironperson BP rounds, I spend a significant portion of my partner's speech writing my speech. 

I guess the problem with that is it gives Closing teams an unfair advantage. So maybe not. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Tejretics
Yeah, I don't know if the prep time would work with the format. We could do some kind of hybrid format that would include some prep time, but I'm not sure just yet what that would look like.

Tejretics
Tejretics
-->
@whiteflame
Maybe we should just ditch the prep time and do a standard BP round, albeit with all four debaters ironpersoning. 
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Tejretics
I'd be down.
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
I'm smithers, aka Benjamin.

I'm an IRL debate adjudicator for competitive debates. I major in Neuroscience and psychology. I'm a musician, I play various instruments for various bands and compose and produce original music too. I'm also a fan of RTS games and horror movies. 

Debate topics I'm interested in (when I have spare time):
> Music composition contests
> Philosophy topics
> Science topics
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What's up everyone I'm SupaDudz coming from DDO! I am a debater for a world-renowned school as a Sophmore-JV Policy. I like Neoliberalism Kritiks and Brain Drain DA's. My skill is writing economy good cards.

Don't worry, that was for the sophisticated adults... I'm 15 and live my life like a normal teen would expect I have a functioning and pretty smart brain. Here is some cool stuff about me.

>I am 100% Greek according to a DNA test, so I love my Greek culture
>I am looking to major in business or creative writing
>Some of my passions are writing, broadcasting, and sports
>I play competitive baseball, but my favourite sports to follow are football and basketball
>From Chicago
>Meme enthusiast ;)
>I have a social life outside of school. Yes I have friends that I talk too
>I like to be creative and use my imagination
>Love video games, some games I have skill at our Overwatch, Fortnite, and Minecraft
    >My mains in Overwatch are Hanzo, Genji, D.va as tank and Zenyatta for healer

To any teens that feel intimidated by the big boys. Don't be... I am here to help and guide just like what happened to me in DDO. Contact me, PM me, and get involved! I am happy to answer any questions. 

Blade-of-Truth
Blade-of-Truth
-->
@ethang5
No, Airmax is the head moderator of DDO. I am the Deputy Vote Moderator. Although he is a close friend and one I respect greatly.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Blade-of-Truth
OK.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
FF. Please vote.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
I made this same mistake before, it's because the order of the stickied threads alters to last updated.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
Oops! Lol.

12 days later

warren42
warren42
Hello

I'm warren42. I came here from DDO.

I enjoy a good debate when I have the time, but I mostly will be hanging in the forums (and playing mafia, if it catches on)

I'm a college student studying business, hoping to work in a sports or outdoors-related company (looks like a professional team is the most likely)

My hobbies include debate, mafia, photography, guitar, and sports, particularly boxing, soccer, basketball, and football.

I was an avid user of DDO and I hope that this site can give us what DDO could not anymore.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
Aloha, warren!
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Kinda long time, no see! How are you? Still abroad?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
Nope. Finally back stateside and working on my Master's. Doing pretty well. How about you?
Aporia
Aporia
Here from DDO. Logged in for fun to see it abandoned (would love the scoop on that). Sad to see that after seven or so years on and off. Here for mafia and maybe some votes here and there. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Congrats! I'm doing alright. I'm in my junior year now, had an eventful summer, back on the grind.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
Sounds good.