Author: Salixes

Read-only
Total: 120
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
What is an actual deity as opposed to a hypothetical one?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
You tell me. You said that belief in  hypothetical deities was a fact of life.

I couldn't figure if you meant that people other than you believe in deities you think are hypothetical, or that people believe in deities they think are hypothetical.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who believed in a deity they believed was  hypothetical Have you?

Maybe you think all deities are  hypothetical. If that is the case I have only 2 observations. First, if you think all deities are hypothetical, then saying  "hypothetical deities" is like saying female women. You were being redundant.

Second, I'm pretty sure you don't know all deities are hypothetical, but you're a militant atheist, so for you, what you wish to be true, becomes truth for you.

Just my 2 cents. Carry on.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Have you ever looked up the definition of the word belief?
You will probably find that it defines a lot more than you think it does....You work it out.

Second....All deities are at best hypothetical and that's a fact of life.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Since it seems that what you declare becomes fact, make yourself useful and declare that I'm a grand master at chess will you?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Whether or not you are a grand master at chess could easily be proven.

And you're confusing the phrase "fact of life" with the word fact.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
...you're confusing the phrase "fact of life" with the word fact.
Lol. OK Z-man. Facts of life are different from facts.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
LOL.

Nope, the phrase fact of life (something that often happens and cannot be avoided), not facts of life.....Look it up.

Perhaps not a widely used phrase in the U.S.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
the phrase fact of life (something that often happens and cannot be avoided)
OK. So I asked,

How about human belief in actual deities? Is that a fact of life too?

Seems like a simple yes or no question.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
What is an actual deity?

Can you show me one?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
What is an actual deity?
You tell me. You said that belief in  hypothetical deities was a fact of life.

I couldn't figure if you meant that people other than you believe in deities you think are hypothetical, or that people believe in deities they think are hypothetical.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who believed in a deity they believed was  hypothetical Have you?

Can you show me one?
Not until you show me a hypothetical deity. You said it, and I've asked 3 times now, and your dodging is bad enough, but to dodge my questions and then expect answers from me is delusional.

You're still operating under that liberal confusion that for a theist to talk to you is a treat. You'll learn.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
LOL.

Hypothesis is just that.

As is your god.

So neither I nor you can show a hypothetical god.

Therefore we have conclusively shown that a real god cannot be shown either..

Lets call it the Thangvictor Razor.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Hypothesis is just that.
"Hypothesis" is not "hypothetical."

As is your god.
As is your claim. I can defend the concept of my God. You've been dancing away from your illogical claim.

So neither I nor you can show a hypothetical god.
But it was only you claiming that a hypothetical god was a "fact of life". I don't need to "show" what I never claimed.

Therefore...
I didn't claim a green sky either. What illogical "therefore" can you dredge up from that?

...we have conclusively shown that a real god cannot be shown either.. 
The only thing "we've" shown is that both  logic and honesty are rare characteristics in you.

Lets call it the Thangvictor Razor.
StupZedpidity is a better name. Lol. If you have to ditch logic to get in a dig, you're doing it wrong Z. Rest easy though. I'll school ya!

I'll burn you with facts, using your own words. You'll run and dodge. It'll be great fun.

How about human belief in actual deities? Is that a "fact of life" too?

Lol.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
LOL.

What is an actual deity?

Concepts are concepts and the ability to conceptualise should be defended. Freedom of thought and all that.

A fact of life is just that. Both hypothetical and assumed actuality are facts of life. They must be, otherwise we wouldn't have been discussing them for several days.

Nope, no one mentioned the sky.

"Rare characteristics". Et tu Brute.

Hey! Give me a burning fact then Ethang5. The best digging dodger on debateart.

And "StupZedpidity"  needs a bit more work.

How about Zedipitydoodaa.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
What is an actual deity?
do you find that repeating the question you've dodged is a good way to dodge it?

Concepts are concepts and the ability to conceptualise should be defended. Freedom of thought and all that.
Answering questions put to you would be a good start.

A fact of life is just that. Both hypothetical and assumed actuality are facts of life.
Lol!! Assumed actuality? Hypothetical  actuality? What kind of life are you living Z? Definitely a liberal one because no other worldview has such irrational philosophies.

They must be, otherwise we wouldn't have been discussing them for several days.
I've been trying to get you to discuss them, you've been pretending to be obtuse.

Nope, no one mentioned the sky.
No one had mentioned Zionism either, but you plowed straight ahead.

"Rare characteristics". Et tu Brute.
Sorry man. The result of living as your own moral authority gives you situational morality. It's just a fact of life.

Hey! Give me a burning fact then Ethang5. The best digging dodger on debateart.
It isn't you.

And "StupZedpidity"  needs a bit more work.
I don't know. It has panache.

How about Zedipitydoodaa.
It lacks the gravitas of StupZedpidity.
Salixes
Debates: 0
Salixes
-->
@Mopac
Reality cannot murder people. You are both expressing a delusional position.
Oh, so it's alright for your Ultimate Reality to take the compliment and responsibility for anything nice that happens, such as miracles and cures, but when it comes to gratuitously maiming and killing people it's like...Oooh no, you can't touch me.
What a lovely imaginary friend you have....gives with one hand and seeks praise for it, then wallops anyone he bloody feels like with the other without accepting the blame. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
...gives with one hand and seeks praise for it, then wallops anyone he bloody feels like with the other...
God has two hands?

Where is your imagination? If you're going to make up some loony god for Christians, go wild. Two hands? That's it?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Do you find that repeating the question etc.
Do you find that repeating the question etc.

Freedom of thought has nothing to do with answering questions or not.

I never mentioned hypothetical actuality.....You just made that one up..... Assumed actuality should be easy enough to understand though.

Zionism...I thought we'd moved on from there. Nonetheless Zionism is what it is and was therefore apt.

And we are all selectively moral.....It's a fact of life.

Hopefully I can continue to live a liberal life. There are probably billions of people around the world that wish for the same.

StupZedpidity...Nope to many P's.

Is Zedipitydoodaa to liberal and therefore too frivolous?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Medical operation. She has an obstruction in her intestine.

(Correction too, $200 comes to only 1,000 CEDI's.)

So what caused this poor creation of god to have such a dysfunctional intestinal passage in the first place?
God, it is written,  looked around and saw that ALL of his creation "was very good" .......  with the exception of " the little girl in Ghana" one can assume.  

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. Genesis 1:31

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
You guys are so predictable. Instead of stopping when you run out of sensible things to say, you start spamming.

Nonetheless Zionism is what it is and was therefore apt.
Everything is "what it is" gomer. Out of the blue mention of Zionism was bigotry, not apt.

And we are all selectively moral...
Nope. Just you people who are their own moral compass. What you believe makes a difference to your morality.

Is Zedipitydoodaa to liberal and therefore too frivolous?
Words cannot be liberal. It lacks gravitas. We need a word that captures the profound stupidity of the issue.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
So what caused this poor creation of god to have such a dysfunctional intestinal passage in the first place?
Who knows? Maybe the junk food your country ships into hers?

God, it is written,  looked around and saw that ALL of his creation "was very good" .......  with the exception of " the little girl in Ghana" one can assume.  
Maybe on that day thousands of years ago, the little girl was sleeping so God didn't see her. Lol!

How can anyone be this clueless?
Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
Where is your imagination? If you're going to make up some loony god for Christians, go wild. Two hands? That's it?
Oh no. I haven't quite finished yet because of course, next in the armory is the iron rod:

"You shall break them with a rod of iron"
(Psa 2:8-9)
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
I'm almost giggling already.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Salixes
Seth
Seth
-->
@ethang5
What you believe makes a difference to your morality.
As it does with everyone.

Seth
Seth
-->
@Vader
And the christian god needs it's followers to give it money. God doesn't have any money to save that child and his omnipotent powers don't extend to saving that child. Poor god he is just so helpless in these situations, pray for him.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5

Who knows?

Wasn't it God? Didn't god create this "poor little girl from Ghana", And didn't he create her with this intestinal defect?  Didn't god create and cause everything to come into existence.  You need to make up you fkn mind Popoff.

Maybe on that day thousands of years ago, the little girl was sleeping so God didn't see her. Lol!

Maybe?  Just like he couldn't find Adam and Eve and had to go around the garden calling out their names asking where they are. 

"But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?" Genesis 3:9". He's a  bit of a dozy forgetful and clueless nobhead at times, isn't he, your god?

How can anyone be this clueless?

It seems to come so, so fkn easy to you sunshine, as does your bullshit.

Seth
Seth
-->
@ethang5
God has two hands?
God has as many hands as you want him to have, after all, he is a figment of your imagination.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
You can laugh as much as you like but when you have a wife who grew up constantly being threatened with "the iron rod of God" by her total bastard of a JW father it ain't no laughing matter at all. The scars on her back and backside healed up years ago but the emotional scars are still there.
And he called it discipline.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
Who knows? 

Wasn't it God?
Was it?

Didn't god create this "poor little girl from Ghana", And didn't he create her with this intestinal defect?
You think everything God creates remains static?

Didn't god create and cause everything to come into existence. 
Did God create your posts?

You need to make up you fkn mind Popoff. 
My mind is fine homer. You're the one who seems confused.

Maybe?
There is a chance that a little 6 year old girl in Ghana today was not there thousands of years ago Einstein. Don't ya think?

Just like he couldn't find Adam and Eve and had to go around the garden calling out their names asking where they are. 
How do you know He had to?

He's a  bit of a dozy forgetful and clueless nobhead at times, isn't he, your god?
He created you didn't He?

It seems to come so, so fkn easy to you sunshine, as does your bullshit.
Yet you're the one spitting and foaming at the mouth with vulgarity. I'll send you a quarter, OK?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Seth
God has two hands?

God has as many hands as you want him to have, after all, he is a figment of your imagination.
My point exactly Capt. Obvious. The unimaginative dweeb went with the common two hands.

He should have gone wild. If you're gonna go stupid, go big.