Role Pass Quickfire DP1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 213
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
All PM's were purposefully worded differently to avoid PM structure arguments. 

Living players

1. Speedrace
2. Oromagi
3. Supadudz
4. Waterphoenix
5. Duhhamburglar
6. drafterman
7. Ragnar

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach a lynch.

Day phase ends in 36 hours, or on 2/25/20 @ 10pm CST
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
@Mikal
dp1
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
@Barney
dp1

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
What's up gang. I am Townie Vanilla according to
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
according to PM. I'm on Chromebook and the touchpad is sensitive
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
Oi 

As a guideline I may be inactive some today, I typically can post a lot more at work than I can atm. We have a huge shipment. 

Also raid on wow , Wednesday and Sunday nights nearly all night but other than that I should be able to post frequently from my phone. Was laying that out so if I was pressured and not on during those times , that's why. But when I get home around 9 est today I will read over the day phase and start having input. I actually hate DP1 anyway, typically nothing is gained from it more often than not , so won't be missing much 

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Mikal
...I actually hate DP1 anyway, typically nothing is gained from it more often than not , so won't be missing much 
Well said.
Barney
Barney
In the interest of avoiding Mafia doing power consolidation in the shadows, I am the mechanic. 

Unless given a reason not to, tonight I'll be passing my ability on at random to Speedrace.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Barney
I'm not sure what this is supposed to prove or demonstrate.
Barney
Barney
-->
@drafterman
Toward the end of the game there's going to be a lot of analysis of where items were at what times. Making that easier, I am giving a clear start point for one of them.

Plus it opens up discussion for whatever scheme can be used to pass the other two.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Barney
I'm more interested in how this prevents Mafia consolidation of powers.
Barney
Barney
-->
@drafterman
If Mafia has one of the special abilities, they can pass it back and forth silently. If we know the chain of transference, we can lynch as a countermeasure.

Speaking of which, Mafia lacks a NK, so...
Barney
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
VNTL
Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote count

VTNL - 1/4- Ragnar
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
first things first

VTL Supadudz

Please pass the rolls, Papa
Please pass the butter, Mother
Please pass the knife, wife
Please pass the gun, son
Please pass the vest, guest
Please pass the broken biscuit
Can the mechanic fix it?
(Don't invite no sabotage;
that stinker cuts the fromage)
Please pass the rolls, Papa
Please pass the rolls.

Mikal
Mikal
I need to re read the exact rules but if mafia lacks a nk, is there a reason to lynch ever?  

If we are under the assumption there is 1 mafia and I highly doubt there would be 2. Because a mislynch and a bad gun Target, the game is basically over dp 2

Not sure if there can be a tp in this. 

But we should avoid lynching all together unless there is a very good lynch target and use the gun as the primary kill. 

(1) if mafia gets it, it basically functions as a night kill
(2) if we have it, it functions as a lunch. 

After I look over the rules , maybe we can also find a way to call who we are going to shoot so if someone had a gun they have to go along with the town or we would know something is up 

I concede to drafter on this , he's probably the best player here and I've not had time to look into the rules fully but I can't see a reason to lynch in this game. 

I'll review everything in break or when I get home 

oromagi
oromagi
I am VANILLA town. 

2. Oromagi                  VANILLA
TOWN
4. Waterphoenix
1. Speedrace
6. drafterman
3. Supadudz                VANILLA
5. Duhhamburglar
7. Ragnar
SCUM

The best reason I can think of for outing the mechanic first thing is to manufacture town cred. Duhhamburglar also ranks low because scum is always making excuses for why they will be inactive this game.

UNVOTE
VTL Rangnar

UVC
VTNL- (1/4) Rangnar
Ragnar- (1/4)  Oro

oromagi
oromagi
UNVOTE
VTL Rangnar

Barney
Barney
-->
@Mikal
There’s two mafia.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Barney
If Mafia has one of the special abilities, they can pass it back and forth silently. If we know the chain of transference, we can lynch as a countermeasure.
lol thatd be kinda broken

WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Lunatic
can maf pass back and forth?
WaterPhoenix
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Barney
There’s two mafia.
?
where's it say that
<br>

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@WaterPhoenix
can maf pass back and forth?

A role can be passed back to the person sending the role, regardless of affiliation.
Mikal
Mikal
Did the confirm there is 2 mafia?I signed up for this via discord because the site was giving me problems yesterday and haven't fully got to look at the rules hard 

Also I'm not making excuses for inactivity, it's explaining when I'm busy just in case I get pressured during a point I'm raiding. Because I literally can't respond to anything during those times. 

Not sure if there is a way to post pictures on here but would be happy to screenshot by wow discord to verify that. 

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mikal
reprinting sign-ups for Ham's benefit

Roles:

Town-

1 gunsmith. The gunsmith will be selected randomly, and HAS to pass a gun to someone each night. The gun MUST be used by the person receiving the gun. The gun can be passed to mafia, but is the only night killing method. After using the gun the player will become the new gunsmith and must select who to give a gun to the following night phase.

1 vest maker. The vest-maker will be selected randomly, and HAS to pass a 1x bulletproof vest each night. The vest is a 1 time use, and expires after the night phase it is received. The receiver of the vest becomes the new vest maker, and must pass the vest the following night phase.

1 Mechanic. The mechanic will be selected randomly, and HAS to select a person to fix each night. If a vest or gun has been tampered with, the mechanic will fix the item. The receiver of the mechanic ability will become the new mechanic, and must pass the ability on the following night phase.

Mafia-

1 Saboteur. The Saboteur is the only role in the game that is static and cannot be passed. This role will be the mafia's only ability, barring they aren't given a gun or vest. The Saboteur can choose a player to sabotage at night. If that player received a vest, it will not work. If that player owns a gun, the gun will backfire and kill the shooter. The mechanic is the only counter to this role.

Gunsmith, vestmaker, and mechanic will be chosen at the start via RNG, meaning yes the mafia can potentially start out with one or all three of these roles, so starting out as one of these is not town confirmation. If someone dies as any of these roles, the role is permanently removed from the game and cannot be passed anymore.

Anyone interested? I think 7 would be fun for this. If we get seven, I will make 2 mafia vs 5 town, if we get only 5 I will do 1 mafia vs 4 town.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote Count

VTNL- 1/4 - Rangnar
Ragnar- 1/4 -  Oro

Mikal
Mikal
Well fuck 

I def think we should no Lynch if there is two mafia. If the gun has to be used and is used wrong , we are at mylo tomorrow. Lynching off reads on DP1 is typically a horrible idea because some people just say and post autistic stuff without really thinking about it and there is nothing really to go off of but hunches. 

At least the next dp we can kind of break down results and hopefully have confirmations on rolls. 

The fact that Ragnar just hard claimed a power roll basically confirms him , since these roles are confirmed to exist. 

Best we can do is work on a lynch order 

That being said oromagi why is your vote on Ragnar considering he is a confirmed roll of there is no cc. Are you just retarded or am I missing something 

oromagi
oromagi
Are you just retarded or am I missing something 
both things can be true
Mikal
Mikal
Are you cc'ing him ?
oromagi
oromagi