Role Pass Quickfire DP1

Author: Lunatic

Read-only
Total: 213
Mikal
Debates: 0
Mikal
I saw what you typed that doesn't necessarily mean it's your role. I want you to justify a lynch on a role that is hard claimed that has to be in the game per the mod

And that has not been cc'ed 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Mikal
Justification is also provided in post #17
Mikal
Mikal
Nm. Again just glanced. Just picked up on the part where mafia could be those roles 

Taking break now 

So going to read over all this in depth now. 

But if that's the cause I revert what I said. I'm a retard , not you and I agree with the thought process. 

This is what I get for trying to be active during work LMAO

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Mikal
Just for clarity, I could be both mafia and a power role. The roles were assigned at random, apparently with the potential for all three to land on the two mafia players.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mikal
Are you just retarded or am I missing something 
both things can be true

Nm. Again just glanced. Just picked up on the part where mafia could be those roles 
see?
Mikal
Mikal
Okay , actually had a chance to read it.

(1) Sorry for going in on you magic, I just saw the part where saba was mafias only role and didn't read past that so was assumed the other 3 roles started town 

(2) agree entirely with your thought process. If mafia can start with this, claiming at the start could be used to build town cred. Or it's just autism. I don't know why a town person would hard claim a power roll at the start if mafia could start with a gun. Especially as mechanic that would be the person to Target because it negates sab. 

(3) question. If the gun is targeted by sab and he kills himself is the gun lost ?
Mikal
Mikal
Also as a thought expirment if speed race hasn't posted 

And under the assumption rag is mafia trying to build cred as town

If he is saying he is going to Target speed race 

In that scenario wouldn't speed race be the sab? As mafia he would past vest to mafia and he came out with that name in the first few posts of the dp

Barney
Barney
-->
@Mikal
(3) question. If the gun is targeted by sab and he kills himself is the gun lost ?
Yes. When someone dies before passing a role, the role dies with them.
Mikal
Mikal
Let me type this coherently because I can't type on a computer properly much less a phone 

1) if rag is mafia trying to build town cred it would make sense. The only reason someone likely would claim mechanic that openly is if they aren't scared of dying. 

2) he mentioned speed race without speed race posting. As mafia he would pass his role to mafia , to make sure town didn't get it. 

3) if we really suspect rag is mafia, if speed race comes in claiming vanilla , I think he is a better lynch if we decide on a lynch

I don't think we should lynch regardless 

But if people want to push for 1 it would make sense to get speed because if we are willing to Lynch rag, it's because we think he is scum and as scum he would Target speed with his ability and if speed flips scum it confirms rag is scum. 

Mikal
Mikal
Or I'm overthinking this and rag is just in his own world thinking a insta power claim is a good idea. 
Barney
Barney
-->
@Mikal
In that scenario wouldn't speed race be the sab? As mafia he would past vest to mafia and he came out with that name in the first few posts of the dp
Given the provided random seed from the OP (the post number, as I've used in previous games), it would be one hell of a coincidence if Speed and I were scum buddies. Plus under that, I could equally be the saboteur.

The fact is that a random player has the gun. I've advised them not to kill one certain person tonight, because that would destroy the mechanic ability.
oromagi
oromagi
The fact is that a random player has the gun. I've advised them not to kill one certain person tonight, because that would destroy the mechanic ability.
UNVOTE

VTNL

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Mikal
Unfortunate because I am vanilla :(

Anyway, everyone should be claiming. That way we can know 100% where each role is and where it is going, and then if anyone shoots someone they shouldn't have, we know they're Mafia
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Vote Count

VTNL- 2/4 - Rangnar, Oro

oromagi
oromagi
2. Oromagi                   VANILLA
TOWN
4. Waterphoenix
1. Speedrace               VANILLA
6. drafterman
3. Supadudz                VANILLA
5. Duhhamburglar
7. Ragnar                     MECHANIC
SCUM

All town should full claim DP1

UVC

VTNL- 2/4 - Rangnar, Oro

Mikal
Mikal
Vtnl
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I am leaning to VTNL right now, will catch up with the DP

Vader
Vader
So Rag claimed Mechanic and fmpov I think that is a viable claim, but I think it is a bit odd why he'd claim that so openly. If I am interpreting oro's post, the Sabotage is like a strongman? idk it's a weird setup and never played this way before. I don't think that would be a smart idea. Just some initial thoughts
Vader
Vader
Ok so not strongman since he can't break a vest, so ignore that part. Still why would he claim that? Again, my best thinking is that Rag tried to gain early town credit in a QF to be alive. Seems like a bad strat

Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote count

VTNL- 3/4 - Ragnar, Oro, duhhamburglar

Barney
Barney
The next time someone VNTL the day ends, so anyone have any strategy suggestions before that occurs?

I don't really mind people shitting on my strategy. However, I fail to see any better ideas offered.

And no, I don't consider lynching power roles to prevent those abilities being passed on to be a better strategy.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Again, EVERYONE WITH A POWER ROLE NEEDS TO SAY SO SO THAT WE ALWAYS KNOW EXACTLY WHO HAS THE POWERS
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Sorry, but telling the mafia who exactly is the mechanic is (so they can kill him) and who has a vest (so they can avoid killing them) is completely dumb.

The only role that should have outed is the gun smith.

Lunatic
Lunatic
Vote count

VTNL- 3/4 - Ragnar, Oro, DuhHamburglar

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@drafterman
Sorry, but telling the mafia who exactly is the mechanic is (so they can kill him) and who has a vest (so they can avoid killing them) is completely dumb.
If the vest-maker makes Ragnar a vest NP1 he is bulletproof.  If the gun-maker makes Ragnar a gun NP1, we have no need of a mechanic and we can instruct Ragnar exactly who he must kill.  If anybody other than specified is killed, Ragnar gets killed.  At the end of Ragnar's NP, he gives gun, vest, and mechanic to a pre-agreed upon player who follows the same process.

UNVOTE for time to discuss
oromagi
oromagi
If anybody other than specified is killed, Ragnar gets lynched DP2
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@oromagi
That seems fine in theory but what if maf has one of those roles
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@WaterPhoenix
he does as he's told or he gets lynched
Vader
Vader
-->
@WaterPhoenix
Wait mafia can get those roles too? Is this stated somewhere. That'd make mafia OP, so idk if that is true
Barney
Barney
-->
@drafterman
Sorry, but telling the mafia who exactly is the mechanic is (so they can kill him)...  
I disagree. If we're unlucky (28.6% chance) they have the gunsmith already, which is the only way they can kill the mechanic. If they do kill the mechanic, then they'll pass it back and forth, making lynching our only means of victory as seen with normal games. Knowing this is the case, would be valuable.

Assuming mafia lacks the gunsmith (71.4% chance), a town person shooting randomly has a better chance of hitting scum than a random lynch (33.3%). However, if they shoot a vest (one that is not sabotaged), nothing happens. If they don't know where the mechanic is, they might destroy that ability by accident instead of a scum revealing choice.