Bloodline Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Total: 586
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
You are absolutely right that you don't "owe" a claim anymore than anyone else. Perhaps you misunderstood that it's either claiming or death. You otherwise showed you aren't the best at fake claiming, hence why I want ur claim out early, because if you are scum, it would chances are otherwise be exposed that you are via that, even if not till later once more claims are out.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I am a character very close to supa's in the storyline.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
And that character is? Your role? As well as justification if any is present?ย 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Actually, I just researched my character cause I haven't seen the show. It's prolly best i claim now cause he's a main antagonist apparently ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. I'm Danny Rayburn.ย 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Sorry not Danny, Nolan Rayburn. I was confusing Danny(his father) as being my character. Per my role pm my existence was kept a secret by Danny. However after his murder, I returned to find out the circumstances of his death.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I'll note, I asked about justification because my justification doesn't match all too well with the role. For example it says I know the family is lying about Danny(Nolan's father's) death, yet immediately follows that up with a different role than LD. I mean, the role fits, it just seems to loosely fit as opposed to closely fitting.ย 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
VTL Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
That's what I get for not closely reading the PM and skimming it instead ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Nice omgus ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
You gonna claim or you gonna make it obvious ur stalling?
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Oh and being that I guess I outted everything else, my role is innocent child, I get mod confirmed start of DP3.ย 

Summarized Role

I'm Nolan Rayburn, son of Danny. Dude kept my existence secret from the Rayburn family, but his death prompted me to return. I know the rest of the family is lying, though don't know about what, and im gonna find out. Thus I'm the innocent child, and will be confirmed DP3.ย 

Like I said, innocent child fits, but loosely. Being that it seems Nolan is unaware of his father's seedy nature(that being what I take it they're lying to him about?) and "innocently" thinks his father was otherwise not a criminal?

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Given I'm supposed to be confirmed DP3, I think it's likely we're looking at 7 town to 2 mafia, or 6 town, 1 tp, 2 mafia. Inno child seems pointless unless the game is intended to last at least to DP3(7 v 2 = 3 v 2 by DP3 assuming two ML's.)ย 

Or I suppose to an outside observer i could be lying, but 6 v 3 would be rather unbalanced and well outside the 1/3-1/4 ratio near exclusively used.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
On Supadubz

I'm getting overzealous but slightly noob town vibes from him. His claim of a vanilla may otherwise be a known scum safe claim, but a towny who is vanilla would be claiming the same so as to remain truthful, so thats ultimately null fmpov. What is towny was his suspicion regarding "IWWT" statements being made so as to give a potential LD something regarding affiliation to check, being scummy. Now, its true that the lack of awareness of that being a standard beginning of game statement isnt indicative of affiliation. I find it less likely though that he was scum being opportunistic, and more likely such suspicion derived from the natural suspicion one usually has when town.ย 

Its a tentative town vibe, but a town vibe nonetheless.ย 

On Hammer

His willingness to lynch Supadubz without justifying that early willingness is concerning to say the least. Its possible he could be an overzealous town so he still remains null. I def want to hear his reasoning for being willing to lynch superdubz though.ย 

On Rational

Rational refusing to claim and omgus'ing in response to that pressure is right in line with how i would expect him to act regardless of affiliation. That he is stalling isn't necessarily indicative of affiliation, however the longer it persists, the more suspicious it becomes. As stated, he's illustrated in previous games he's not the best at fake claiming and nailing his claim down from the get-go, at least for now, is imho more than prudent and reasonable. That he chose to get his undies in a twist is dissapointing, but otherwise expected.ย 

On Greyparrot

i'm a little wary of how he kept pressing for further breadcrumbs from what i said previous, but at the same time, fully understand such advisement generally appears scummy and would more than reasonably prompt such questions from both town and scum alike. So his posts still ring as null to me.ย 

These are about the only people that have done anything of true substance thus far, and all but Dubz are looking null. But so far fmpov there is plenty thats out for people to start giving observations on, reads, posts of note, etc. Its important we get everyone to weigh in on things so we have something we can look back on in later DP's and gauge consistency in the rationale of reads. That consistency being one of the crucial factors, fmpov, in determining whether scumhunting is genuine(towny) or manufactured and opportunistic(scummy).ย 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Whelp...hope town has protective roles to keep Buddha alive for 3 days...

Not that I am complaining about your strategy, I would do the same thing. Narrowing down cop targets on day 1 is the best way to help town out.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Your role is not innocent child. Nolan isn't an innocent child type char at all, thanks for the slip and there's no such thing as a D3 innocent child.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Your role is not innocent child. Nolan isn't an innocent child type char at all, thanks for the slip and there's no such thing as a D3 innocent child.

Omg, a role that doesnt neatly fit with a character! That's like, never happened before! ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 

Also, the traditional innocent child is at game start. On DDO it rarely was announced at that time however. Inno Child on DDO was typically the variant, as in, announced during a later day phase.ย 

Neither of these two things are even remotely sus. I'm gonna say, you stalling on claiming and omgus'ing weakly in response to pressure is continuing to come across as more and more sus tho. Particularly because you claiming has nothing to do with whether or not I'm scummy. It really just looks like a diversion tactic...
Buddamoose
Buddamoose

It is also feasible to have an Innocent Child that is automatically revealed by the moderator at a certain point in the game (e.g. "If you are alive on Day 5, the moderator will publicly confirm your alignment.") This can be seen as aย Night-Specificย variant of Innocent Child.

Even on mafiascum they generally use the variant of inno child in which the player chooses when they are mod-confirmed, not the traditional one. Cause the traditional inno child is boring AF ๐Ÿ˜‚.ย 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Whelp...hope town has protective roles to keep Buddha alive for 3 days...

It would just be two, I'll be confirmed, as worded, come DP3.ย 

Normally, I'm not one to argue against a guaranteed save either NP1 or NP2, depending on when maf decides to target me, but is that really the best choice? If doc can self protect, well, I think we can both agree that's the optimal play ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’ฏ

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Lunatic
**Unofficial Vote Count**

Rational (3/5) - Buddamoose, Earth, Drafterman

Buddamoose (1/5) - Rational

If I missed anything, sorry ahead of time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
I'm not going to vote RM up cause he plays like this all the time. It's a wasted mislynch.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Fmpov if you aren't willing to follow up pressure via votes with lynching if that pressure is refused, then you might as well not demand claims at all cause the incentive is no longer there to otherwise claim.ย 

And then at that point, you may as well just VTNL DP1 from the get-go and not bother with it.

Btw, how about we not VTNL on DP1? It wastes a whole lynch, like always. 7 v 2? Lynch every DP and you have 2 lynches before LYLO. VTNL and you only have 1 lynch until MYLO.ย 

DP1 lynch = ๐Ÿ’ฏ
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Keep ur vote off though for now. Don't want anyone accidentally hammering and ending the DP early ๐Ÿ‘

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Don't be ridiculous. under normal circumstances, you are right...but this is RM. It's a wasted mislynch for town when we can do better things.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I already told you I am very close to supa's char in the storyline,
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also supadudz either has detailed knowledge of the show or is confirmed clear. You can't google jane rayburn via searching bloodline, she's a very minor character in the Rayburn family but my character who isn't so minor likes her from what I can tell.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Unvote Buddamoose, VTL Earth
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
That really doesn't narrow down much of anything to someone not familiar with the show. You flopped on a full claim in 1.2 with the whole "specific person" when nobody elses PM had one. So what is being sought here, at least by me, is your full claim.ย 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
I do not care. I am linked to Jane Rayburn and of course your character too but your character is not close to mine.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
You can't google jane rayburn via searching bloodline, she's a very minor character in the Rayburn family but my character who isn't so minor likes her from what I can tell.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Bloodline Wikipedia and ImDb both have "Jane" Rayburn in the list of cast under minor characters. It's interesting though that Wikipedia lists it as "Janie" Rayburn though, not Jane. Hrmmmmmm

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
He wouldn't slip like that. It's such an obscure character that has like 2 episodes of showtime I think. He wouldn't fake it unless an expert on the show.