Bloodline Day Phase 1

Author: Lunatic

Total: 586
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
 It's such an obscure character that has like 2 episodes of showtime I think. He wouldn't fake it unless an expert on the show

So? As scum if I'm gonna fake claim vanilla, I'm going to go straight to minor characters and picking exactly one of those kinds of characters. 

However, I think you misunderstand what I mean by pointing out the character name is different than listed. Would indicate to me that he was just relaying what was in his PM, as opposed to crafting it from wikipedia or imdb. Ergo, adds more credence to him being town. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
She's the daughter of the arguable truest villain of the show. He would NOT fake that. My character is an antihero from what I can tell.

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
She's the daughter of the arguable truest villain of the show. He would NOT fake that

Ignoring that we both think he's town for independent reasons. Doesn't this just assume he has knowledge of the show to begin with? 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Revealing characters helps mafia narrow down PRs more than it helps us.

Either ALL out and we do open-source mentality of playing mafia or we do bluffs on bluffs and hide from them what they hide from us and do it better.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Revealing characters helps mafia narrow down PRs more than it helps us.

Again, I've got to disagree. Two claims in and you got a TR and an SR from it. And it's the first place to start on discerning lynches beyond the random. Frankly though, as you pointed out, i'd rather mass character claim anyways. 

Anyone, such as yourself, with in depth knowledge of the show would be suited to analyzing it for inconsistencies in patterns and/or theme that might help determine affiliation 💯
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am just a genius who got this from googling and reading between the lines if the Wikipedia page as even the fan wiki is barely filled at all.

I understand the story because I had issues in my own family and know exactly what the bystander mentality is and why those family members do it. I didn't just have it happen to me, I know things on my father's side that's a long chain of strict, cruel upbringing and it's an issue much more in non-white cultures but since bloodline is a white family with such issues I understand why it seems worse than it is. To me it's not a big question if Robert or John is the bigger villain, to me it's quite blatantly John because being a cruel parent, even when to one child in particular, is less unforgivable than murdering your own abused brother for no justifiable reason at all and feeling so empty of grief afterwards and that's just one of many examples of what a pure-blooded psychopath John is and I think the key of the series and it's name is the difference between a raised sociopath and a born psychopath. 

Earth
Earth
Yeah, my vote is staying untill we get a better answer
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
So is mine until we get a better answer.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
As riveting as the analysis of the show was, im not seeing how it connects to the game? Are you proposing that blits more likely only one of them is scum? 

Setting that aside, what potential scum roles would fit with those characters? (Not necessarily neatly, loosely fit would be possible too given my claimed role pm)

On an independent note, it seems like an interesting show based on that synopsis. Always had a penchant for things that explore the darker parts of the human psyche/condition. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
your character could be an innocent child on d3 because of how he ends up becoming townsided by the end of the show.

Definite villains: Robert Rayburn, John Rayburn.

Potential villain: Danny Rayburn (depends on TUF's take)

The rest I will leave secret as it will help mafia trace char to role.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
The rest I will leave secret as it will help mafia trace char to role.

If mafia are these characters, exploring potential roles of these characters isn't going to afford anything mafia doesn't already have(their roles.) I'm gonna need you to actually start making sense. 

On another note

"Definite villains: Robert Rayburn, John Rayburn."

So then what was the point of the thematic analysis? If both are definitely scum, then analyzing which character is more evil of the two is rather irrelevant to the game and really just fluff. 

because of how he ends up becoming townsided by the end of the show.

Ok, why was this not a factor right away? As you have pointed out you know plenty about it. So fmpov this already should have been playing a factor in the initial read

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Yet to post

-Vaarka
-Danielle

I'm not sure if Danielle is even necessarily active. She hasn't been responsive to any messages regarding her own game she has signed up to mod. 

Vaarka's silence could just be that he hasn't made it online yet. However, if the day passes and he still doesn't post, it's gonna be sus cause he was one of the players urging Lunatic(TUF) to start the game. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
@everyone- thoughts on hammer? Rational? Dudz? 

Any other reads? Everyone needs to be making reads, even if they're mostly null. Pointing out noteworthy posts can still be done, even if dispositions on affiliation may not yet be determinable at the present on such posts. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I couldn't give less of a shit about this game. If you have to cry like a baby about me posting what actually matter about the series after asking for my analysis then you can go cry yourself into a corner for all I care.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
Honestly, you need to simmer down. This is a game of mafia, if you act or make posts that are sus and/or don't make sense, expect to be called out for it. Asking why the analysis post even matters, a post that was analyzing degree of evil between two characters, when both characters are definite villains, is a definite inconsistency in thinking. 

Not to mention, your reason behind not hypothesizing on potential mafia roles is bunk. Mafia know what their roles are, town hypothesizing on what they may be is not at all affording mafia any information they don't otherwise already have. Ergo, there is zero sensible reason as town to otherwise stay quiet about it. 

That quite literally only benefits mafia. You can choose to get ur panties in a twist over somebody calling you out on this. That's only honestly to be expected. It doesn't at all change the legitimacy of the point I'm making. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
I think Hammer should be another target of pressure. As I pointed out earlier, him being ok with lynching dudz so early on, without justifying, is sus AF. At the least he should explain himself. 

@Earth- reads hombre? Why are you going to need more of a claim from rational? What are your thoughts on others?

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Its important to stress that Rational is sus to me at this point, but he's still pretty much null from a non-vibe standpoint. His behavior fmpov cpuld reaaonably be coming from a town or scum. His pressure on those who are pressuring him, aka "omgus"("omg u suck") voting, is in line with his general behavior of retaliatory voting in response to people voting him. 

His thematic post that was, at best, less than entirely relevant, could be a town player being overzealous with contributing show knowledge, even if that knowledge might not be totally relevant. 

His paranoia of disclosing too much info to mafia by hypothesizing as to potential roles definite villain characters might be justified as having, though it doesn't make sense fmpov, is kind of in line with Rationals natural propensity towards such paranoia. Paranoia not to be taken in the negative sense, as townies should have a healthy dose of paranoia in acting. 

This final point though, is what moves him into sus territory. Because as I pointed out, refusing to hypothesize only really benefits mafia, as they already know their roles. Being willing to acknowledge he could ultimately still be town, operating in a manner that is benefits exclusively scum, as illustrared by the final point, is more than sufficient reason for a claim. 

Basically, the reason for claim is no longer exclusively him illustrating he is less than stellar at faking claims(beginners 1.2). We now have a sus behavior to back that up. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
Speaking of paranoia, I can't help but feel you are/were brown nosing me and/or handling me with kid gloves to fly under the radar. 

What reads do you have?

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
Refer to post  53 oh ridiculous one. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Buddamoose
You: null
RM: null

Supa: slightly suspic
Hammer slightly suspic

rest: not enough info
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Greyparrot
I read that post, that was a read on Rational. Conceding he is acting sus, but pointing out acting sus is his MO. I was looking for reads on others. 

Why are dudz and hammer sus to you? 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
Do you know that what I said I didn't want to go into was other chars and why and how they will be a 'true hero' semi hero' etc? I was saying I didn't want to explore other characters, not that I didn't want to explore those characters more.

John Rayburn is either a mafia detective, a stalker (mafia tracker) or a framer as he has elements of all three in the series. The fact that there's a framer is probably coupled with a Godfather (Robert Rayburn). Danny Rayburn, if present, would be a thirdparty role but since it's been confirmed that there isn't one it intrigues me as to how TUF would make Danny on the same side as John.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@RationalMadman
A framer/godfather seems like a reasonable scum team. Given I'm an innoc child it makes more sense, as that affords scum reasonably opportunity to ML the inno child as opposed to being forced to use a NK to eliminate. 

Are law enforcement characters in the show "dirty" in any capacity? Like John Rayburn. Being mafia detective would fit, i take it the characters profession is in law enforcement? We might have a game in which there is no cop, or the "cop" is mafia, hence an inno child to produce at least one conclusive result. As opposed to multiple inconclusive ones. 

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Honestly, this makes me care even less about town PR's, and I usually discount results and focus primarily on behaviors anyways, caring very little for what roles town may or may not have at their disposal. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Buddamoose
John Rayburn specifically yes, he is corrupt AND high in the police force. It would be a lie to say that law enforcement is all that much to do with the show itself though as most characters are neutral regarding the law, Danny being a 'true criminal'.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
CATCH UP TIME!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
unvote me so scum can't pile if not in the group voting me atm.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Buddamoose
First off, "way too direct?" Ur gonna have to clarify what that even means. Along with clarifying why it must be a scum statement? 
Imo your "don't search me" statement is way too direct. This makes town very suspicious you in general. Even so, the clarity of it is astounding, so you may be dragging the town to vote against you because of the directivity of the statement

Vader
Vader
-->
@Buddamoose
wdym by justification

Vader
Vader
Wait, do you think saying "I win with the town" is whats scummy? No no, that's the standard DP1 statement everyone should be making for the rare chance there is a lie-detector in the game. 👌
No no that's not the point, the point is he didn't say what he was, he claimed a townie and win with town. What his town role and name? That is what makes it scummy