Why has your God allowed Coronavirus to emerge and spread?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 43
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I think it may be to give Illuminati more control over us, since we now rely entirely on them for information and all our communication is now  as barely any is in-person relative to before.

My God(dess) supports the cunning and smart ruling over the pressured and ticked. It's not fair, but it's how life is. Let us endure.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
God allowed the Coronavirus to spread in order to stop illegal refugees from entering into Greece, now the EU has shut down the borders for 60 days and the terrorists left the border
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Oh shit, I just properly noticed how this diffused the Greece and Turkey conflict... Interesting.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman

My God(dess) supports the cunning and smart ruling over the pressured and ticked.
I meant tamed.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
That was my perspective of it... where believers need God, he will help them.
ronjs
Debates: 0
ronjs
-->
@RationalMadman
It could also be part of the birth pangs leading up to the tribulations.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
because the Roman empire created WW2

seriously, God created the world but not the coronavirus, this was a chanh of happening

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
What's up Doc.

"because the Roman empire created WW2

seriously, God created the world but not the coronavirus, this was a chanh of happening."....WTF.

A literary and grammatical abomination.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I can picture God making that little sucker. 
Then putting it right ummmmm , there, yeah there. 

He never mentions stuff like this in that book he did for us.
So ummmmmmm,  thanks for that God. 
Another wacky God invention. Virus #65,730 .  ( ___________________ ) 
Just Living a test, Bay Bay.  

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Is this some kind of reply to someone?????
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ronjs
who are you
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Same reason lots of other diseases were allowed, cause people dont listen and stupid stuff happens so God lets it do so much damage until people wake up or straight rebel.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
Everyone needs to turn to God. Salvation is through belief in God and acts 2:38 tells you how to be saved. I dont want yall going to hell. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
@Melcharaz
Why does God do that?
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
Read the bible and you will know
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@RationalMadman
Perhaps God wanted to let the world know he is angry and wants them to repent of their sins and turn back to him. the world however will ignore this message just like every other one.  Climate change ought to have been enough. Yet the world blamed it on capitalism. god send the bushfires - but the world said - it is climate change. And because everything seems to be connected with climate change - God now has sent the plague - it cant be blamed on climate change - perhaps it is the Chinese or the Americans or the North Koreans or the Russians?

I dont think this is a matter of God allowing Corona virus - it is another warning to us. Each week preachers around the world warn us that god will do this if the world turns its back on God. Each week the world is put on notice. This is a global pandemic. It is going to last for at least 6 months - and it will have impacts for generations to come. 

but we will ignore the real reason behind the pandemic - because we don't think that there are so called spiritual reasons for such things. We are blind and we are fools.  

churches around the world are locked down - a classic case of the STATE telling the churches what to do. A breach of any semblance of separation of church and state.  Yet, historically, during all the plagues and pandemics, the churches have always remained open. Christians generally speaking see the way to love God is to gather together as people - and the bigger picture is not the community which is rejecting God - but the people who together love and worship God. 

Monte_Carlo
Monte_Carlo
-->
@Tradesecret
churches around the world are locked down - a classic case of the STATE telling the churches what to do. A breach of any semblance of separation of church and state.  Yet, historically, during all the plagues and pandemics, the churches have always remained open. Christians generally speaking see the way to love God is to gather together as people - and the bigger picture is not the community which is rejecting God - but the people who together love and worship God. 

I think you will find that the correct perspective is that the "state" is telling everybody and all organisations what to do and not exclusively singling out Churches, unless you are implying that Churches should be somehow exempt from being told.
And, in light of the current situation, to even imply that Churches remain open for people to gather is completely absurd.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Case studies into the effects of ( No church for a month )   by not allowing. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Monte_Carlo
I think you will find that the correct perspective is that the "state" is telling everybody and all organisations what to do and not exclusively singling out Churches, unless you are implying that Churches should be somehow exempt from being told.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. The State is telling everybody and all organisations. This of course is not their prerogative except in a time when big government is the rule. I do think the churches are an exemption. I, unlike you, believe in the separation of powers - of church and state. You obviously don't. I think that the entire doctrine of separation of church and state underlies our democracies - and that this is why the church is and should be exempt from state power over them including this pandemic. 

right now, it is arguable the church is probably more essential than any other organisation including the state and yet the state wants to shut it down. If there are underlying spiritual issues then the church should remain open. 

And, in light of the current situation, to even imply that Churches remain open for people to gather is completely absurd.
History says otherwise. Throughout every other pandemic or plague in history the church has remained open. Many people within the church died - which is to be expected because church people, like the rest of the nation, have sinned before God. Yet, to shut the church down and to negate meeting together is the worse call. 

When people ignore God as the world seems to be doing now - not recognising the clear message, and simply to try and seek refuge in your own homes, while hoping the virus dies out, wont change the underlying problems. Yes, people will die. Many people. Now - but even more in the future. 

Of course the church also could decide to close its doors and go online like we have. But it should be the church's decision - not the state telling them what to do. When the state arrogantly overreaches - there are always bad consequences that flow. 

And especially in a time of big government - if we do get through this health crisis - we will be in so much debt - and so deep a recession that many of us will have wished we had died in the pandemic. 
T_Recks
T_Recks
 I do think the churches are an exemption. I, unlike you, believe in the separation of powers
But aren't you confusing the two concepts.

Just because there is a separation of powers between State and Church it doesn't mean that Churches are automatically exempt from the common-sense laws of the land.

to shut the church down and to negate meeting together is the worse call. 
Yes, they did that in days of yore, but by comparison with modern society and what we now know about health, that was pretty crude.

They did a lot of things hundreds of years ago that are now considered completely barbaric and primitive. For example, the common people were so uneducated and highly superstitious they actually believed there was a God. Nowadays of course most people tend to look away when confronted by such loonies.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Willows
@T_Recks
Nowadays of course most people tend to look away when confronted by such loonies.
In what fevered delusion of yours? Theists are still in the overwhelming majority.

You are breaking into a religion board compulsively. How come you aren't "looking away"? Hmmm, loony?
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@Tradesecret
Perhaps God wanted to let the world know he is angry and wants them to repent of their sins and turn back to him. the world however will ignore this message just like every other one.
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if this is a message from God. If God gets angry and decides to kill millions of people without telling them why he's doing it, how is anyone going to distinguish a natural crisis from a God given crisis?

Tyrano_R
Tyrano_R
-->
@ethang5
Theists are still in the overwhelming majority.
I see what you mean there.
Yesterday I saw people queueing (6 feet apart) outside a Christian book store patiently waiting to buy copies of the Bible.

I thought it was a great idea and joined the queue since I realized that there was little hope for me in queueing outside the supermarket next  door for toilet paper.
Tyrano_R
Tyrano_R
-->
@ATroubledMan
Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if this is a message from God. If God gets angry and decides to kill millions of people without telling them why he's doing it, how is anyone going to distinguish a natural crisis from a God given crisis?

That's easy.

If it is something good like say, an entire disease was eradicated it was God's good work in giving scientists the wherewithall to research the disease and come up with an antidote.

If it is something bad like a Tsunami wiping out thousands of innocent men, women and children it was "free will" that made sinners cause global warming and irregular weather patterns.

10 days later

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@ATroubledMan
But that is your problem - not mine. Every day millions of preachers around the world are calling people to repentance. If you choose to ignore them - your problem. But one thing you can't say is that God did not warn you. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@T_Recks
I am not confusing the two- you are. What you call common sense is not necessarily real sense. 
ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@Tradesecret
 Every day millions of preachers around the world are calling people to repentance
So, it's the preachers who are sending God's message, not actually God Himself? If that's the case, then I can indeed say that God is not warning me. Here are what devout religious people say about other devout religious people, or in some cases, admit about themselves.

"I’m a pastor and, I hate to say, I sometimes tell lies."

"4 Deadly LIES Pastors Tell"

"Evangelical preachers, regardless of their theological flavor, are liars."

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@RationalMadman

Why did he even bother to create it in the first place. Come to that, why did god create anything at all, ever, in the first place!

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ATroubledMan
Out of curiosity, do ever lie?

ATroubledMan
ATroubledMan
-->
@RoderickSpode
Yes, when I'm in a standoff with a criminal who's pointing a gun in my face and asks if my gun is loaded.