Themeless Mafia 1 - Day Phase 1

Author: Lucky

Read-only
Total: 804
coal
Debates: 6
coal
You can't set up a bus and then bus and then when you bus, thereafter say you weren't bussing. 
coal
coal
-->
@Zaradi
*eye rolling intensifies*
Senpai has noticed you.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@coal
You can't set up a bus and then bus and then when you bus, thereafter say you weren't bussing. 
Do you actually think 74 and 78 is scum!me bussing scum!oro?
coal
coal
-->
@oromagi
Explain why you voted for Zaradi but he wasn't your strongest scum read.  
coal
coal
-->
@Zaradi
I don't know what your intentions are.  But the sequence of events is noticeable.  
Objectivity
Debates: 0
Objectivity
-->
@coal
i have nothing to add on what has been going on really, just putting out there that i saw it so yall dont think im being inactive
coal
coal
I have thought more of this.  It doesn't make any sense that Oro and Zaradi are both scum together unless they're not coordinating at all and then Zaradi VTL'd him in retaliation for Oro's seemingly random vote.  

It would be too weird for a mafia to VTL their scum mate like that where there was only one player (me) putting pressure on his teammate.

More likely case is that they are both town or only one is scum.  

Zaradi's jumping on the bus stands independent of that, though.  The alternative world where Zaradi is scum and Oro is town, but Zaradi tries to set Oro up is viable.  

On the other hand, Zaradi is doing what he should be doing if he is town, which is scum hunting (even if it seems a little forced).  That is why I am not VTLing Zaradi right now, but might do so later.  I will think more about this.  
coal
coal
-->
@Objectivity
What do you think about Oro's list of "reads"?  What do you think about Zaradi's jumping on the bus to VTL oro after that list of "reads"?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@coal
Forum posts: 740
Added: 05.18.20 09:58PM
--> @oromagi
Explain why you voted for Zaradi but he wasn't your strongest scum read.  

Post #79 explains this:

"Pls. note that my reads list was based on activity alone.  I just picked from the bottom of the list (after realizing that sui_generis had posted."
Lucky
Lucky
~~~
Lucky
Lucky
Official Vote Count

Danielle [2]: Lunatic (22), oromagi (80),
oromagi [1]: Zaradi (83),
airmax1227 [1]: sui_generis (18),
coal [0]:
Zaradi [0]:
Lunatic [0]:
Objectivity [0]:
sui_generis [0]:
Ragnar [0]:

Not Voting [4]: airmax1227, Danielle, Objectivity, Ragnar, coal (85),

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 7:10pm EST Friday, May 22nd.

oromagi
oromagi
I have to say I think I like themed mafia better.  It certainly gives you more to talk about in the early round.  I guess people like it because its more about the personalities and less about clues.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I have to say I think I like themed mafia better.  It certainly gives you more to talk about in the early round.  I guess people like it because its more about the personalities and less about clues.
I think it depends on the crowd. This crowd, (maybe I am being too hopeful) seems the type to generate activity without a theme. Theme's can be both good and bad. The good side, is like you say, it gives another layer to activity, an extra measure to weigh reads against. The bad part of them is that people can get a little too focused on what their idea of what the theme should be, and are often times wrong. "the mod would never make this character town" or assumptions about theme differences, could be very harmful. Especially if someone uses it to confirm their own bias about someone they already think is scum. Or the thing I hate most; "So and so has very scummy behavior but his character has to be town, so I'll put him in my town reads". As if mods never provide fake claims, or a mafia member isn't smart enough to come up with a solid fake claim. 

Let's see how it plays out. I think this game will be active. Though in the early stages, I think it would be better for a slower start just so the players who haven't posted yet like Airmax and Danielle aren't over-whelmed and can give some early input. 
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@coal
I have never played with oro before but he seems a bit overeager.  May just be that that is his style and he likes to generate discussion and be provocative to see how people react, but also could be a scum tell.  I have nothing else to add about him though.  Zaradi, idk.  I could see why he responded the way he did in either direction.  Nothing to say at this time
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Objectivity
I have never played with oro before but he seems a bit overeager.  May just be that that is his style and he likes to generate discussion and be provocative to see how people react, but also could be a scum tell.  I have nothing else to add about him though.  Zaradi, idk.  I could see why he responded the way he did in either direction.  Nothing to say at this time
I don't think you could've sat more directly on the center of this fence if you tried. Well done.
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@Zaradi
Its day 1, I don't have to have strong opinions yet.  I'm not really scum reading anyone yet except oro slightly.  Would you prefer that I bussed oro with you and YY or something?
Zaradi
Zaradi
Unvote

@Lunatic: Thoughts on literally anything that's happened up to this point? There's been a lot of pressuring going on and you've been kinda quiet for someone who said that they're hoping that this playerlist can generate activity.

@coal: how sold are you on your lunatic townread?
Zaradi
Zaradi
Actually on second thought

Vote: Objectivity

let's see where this goes.
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@Zaradi
lol
Objectivity
Objectivity
if you're going to try to prod me in to having some kind of strong reaction to get a read on me, you're not going to get one because I have nothing else to add at this time
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Objectivity
 I'm not really scum reading anyone yet except oro slightly
Elaborate.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Reads (not the best, I know):
airmax1227 - 

Danielle - 

Lunatic - Insider knowledge that most people are Vanilla #6, or he read the OP. His #14 is worth reviewing.

coal - Fun loving (#17), who I assume has played a lot of games with masons and not read the OP (#33). ... Here's the thing, he doesn't even know if he's scum yet, so trying to predict him now is useless.

Objectivity - First person to start digging for roles #12, but seems to be in jest. Offers a useful calculation in #19. Gives reads in #60.

Zaradi - First person to make a real accusation (#44). 

sui_generis - Looking forward to his mathematics (#13), but as I assume he doesn't suck, offering such is a neutral action.

Ragnar - He's scum more often than not.

oromagi - I like his lists, and don't think anything of him placing a random vote.
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@Zaradi
He seems a bit overeager.   The RVS on you then VTLing Dani.  There are innocent explanations for that but could also be that he's compensating.  I don't have a better explanation at this time which is why its just a slight read, not a strong read.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@airmax1227
@Lucky
For activity:

VTL Airmax
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Zaradi
@Lunatic: Thoughts on literally anything that's happened up to this point? There's been a lot of pressuring going on and you've been kinda quiet for someone who said that they're hoping that this playerlist can generate activity.
I am reading everything and taking everything I am reading in. I don't have solid scum or town read or anything yet. I don't think I've been quiet at all, but like I said to Oro I would like to wait for airmax and danielle to post before really swamping the game with posts. I know airmax pretty well though and I know if he gets on and there's 300+ posts his chances of being able to read it all and make a substantive post will be even lower with his limited time. There's no rush yet. Game's been up for only 5 hours and we've already got over 100 posts, and remember this is a 4 day long phase.
Objectivity
Objectivity
I think its worth noting that Danielle was last seen 3 hours ago and still decided not to post anything despite people pressing for activity.
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@Objectivity
@Barney
See? That wasnt hard. 

Unvote

@ragnar: what do you like about oro's readlist? What do you think about the pressure coal and I have been putting on oro for his readslist?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Objectivity
He seems a bit overeager.   
just trying to generate some activity

Think of a still room on a hot day.....that's me flapping my arms
Objectivity
Objectivity
-->
@oromagi
heard
Objectivity
Objectivity
The fact that Dani was on 3 hours ago and did not post anything is not a scum tell but its def not pro town when you can't at least acknowledge you know the game started and you were online.  just saying