Proposal: Make “choose winner” the default voting system in debates

Author: Tejretics

Total: 31
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Tejretics
Short of disallowing voting entirely, there's no way we can fully prevent horrible RFDs from occurring. But yes, I believe we're at the wrong part of the bell curve, so I would like to make voting a little less restrictive (while not too open to allow single sentence votes on complex debates).

To me part of why I like having S&G be seperate from Arguments, is that if repeated blunders hurts my reading of the debate, I don't just vote on that. Similar with conduct, that I can end up really hating how someone is acting and penalize them for it, but still agree they won the debate. It's an exceptionally rare case for someone to win arguments but lose the rest (I should bookmark it next time I spot one of those).

Plus those points can serve as a nice tie-breaker. Take for example if we argue and I forfeit half the debate, then only two votes come in with a mixed result. Under Winner Selection, we're tied. Under Four Points (I think we should that to "Categorical"), you showing up for the whole debate grants you the victory. If a third voter comes along, under either you would be quite frustrated if they declared me the winner on some technicality, but under Four Points their damage is mitigated to only making it a tie; whereas under Choose Winner you get declared to have lost the debate.

And yes, I would like to add a small voting rule to allow policing of blatant exclusion bias.