George Floyd. Thoughts?

Author: Vader

Total: 128
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
What a sad story. Good to know that if a white child is shot they will actually charge a cop with murder.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@Dr.Franklin
I didn't say anything about looting. Ya'll did.

I said they should protest with guns like white people do.

If you automatically correlate black gun ownership with criminality, you might be a racist.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
the Virginia protest with guns resulted in zero deaths or injuries WITH GUNS

cant say the same about this
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
cant say the same about this

Good.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
In 2015, they were 635k cops in the USA and had dluctuated between 708k and 626k-https://www.statista.com/statistics/191694/number-of-law-enforcement-officers-in-the-us/

in 2015,94 cops shot up unarmed people in america,police violence

meaning that 0.01% of cops committed police brutality

quit your BS and back the blue

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
In the case of George Floyd, we see the very small percentage of an otherwise outstanding performance of law enforcement by dedicated officers. Hoping this is the worst of the small percentage of idiots who should not enforce their own choices. Some of us just need to be spoon fed in all respects. This officer, and his condescending companions who just watched the abuse with no interference, don't deserve the spoon, let alone the feeding. Hope they will face, and enjoy their room with no doors.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
I'm happy that they burned down Target.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I think that the one who put his knee and stuff should be charged but the other 3 it's shaky ground, legally.

We are in a coronavirus era where they are scared to be within 2 metres of their fellow cop, let alone the guy on the ground who easily could have had it. It wasn't so easy to do the right thing, risk catching it, fighting their colleague off of the man's body and to have the presence of mind in that situation to come up with the exact plan of when and how to do that vs just letting their colleague do the arrest.

We have to also understand that they are loyal to one another and it's actually strange to assume that the others would just throw the cop to the 'wolves' and say he murdered straight up, when what happened in their eyes is manslaughter and they are loyal to each other and him. I am not saying that they did the right thing, they didn't and their cowardice has lost them their jobs and permanetly cost them their careers and reptuation but when we discuss the legal procedures and severity of what went down, the one who actually had his knee on the neck is the one who should be convicted.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
I hope this helps Trump to lose the next election, I really loathe him with a passion.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I hope this helps Trump to lose the next election, I really loathe him with a passion.

Amy K was the reason those cops were roaming free
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Danielle
in this country you have to have a trial and go through due process before being convicted, which in this case hasn't happened yet has it,  if you have some kind of clairvoyance to know these cops won't be charged let us know and the winning lottery numbers too if you don't mind.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@RationalMadman
the others will just say we weren't watching, we were watching the crowd that was forming and we were being surrounded, something like that anyway.  That cop had every intention to choke him out, he was going to punish him, fix him, you could see it in his face imo.  There's no way to prove intent I don't think.  Nevertheless his actions lead to his death and he should get the max sentence for whatever he will be found guilty of.
VonKlempter
Debates: 5
VonKlempter
Real sad, that's what I'll say.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@VonKlempter
when people stop voting for authoritarian politicians then maybe this will be less common.  So long as people continue to elect politicians that offer them "free" stuff, ignore and violate the constitution for their own good the police will continue to be enforcers and you'll have your police state.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Danielle
A ton of black people with guns should take to the streets to protest like people did when they couldn't get haircuts.
I would ask you to open up your favorite search engine and search for "armed black business owners guarding their property from rioters"  something along those lines.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Looks like the officer is charged with 3rd degree murder. It should be first degree. This officers has done illegal things in the past and has done racist acts
Vader
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
quit your BS and back the blue

No. "Good cops" are too pussy to stand up to their coworkers. They are more loyal to each other than the community, the law, or the oath they took. 

I don't have to respect anyone, let alone a stranger. Don't like it? Too bad. Cry about it. 

The cops who demand respect instead of earning it (and people like you who lick their boots) are pathetic.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
in this country you have to have a trial and go through due process before being convicted, which in this case hasn't happened yet has it,  if you have some kind of clairvoyance to know these cops won't be charged let us know and the winning lottery numbers too if you don't mind.

I never said they wouldn't be charged (though there is certainly precedent for that) nor did I say that the murderer did not deserve due process. He does. I'm glad he was charged. I hope he is  convicted and gets raped in jail. 

What I said is that people who are claiming there are "two sides to this story" or looking for laughably pathetic excuses to try and come up with an asinine justification for the murder (or the cops who stood around and watched someone get murdered) are disgusting human beings and I stand by that.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Danielle
1.all 4 cops were bad, no one is doubting that

2.you arent going to respect a large group of people(686k people), because of 4 cops?well i hate ALL BLACKS, Dont like it?Too bad. Cry about it remember  less than  0.01% of cops committed police brutality

3.majority of cops respect people remember  less than 0.01% of cops committed police brutality
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
I haven’t seen one person support the cops in the George Floyd case
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Danielle
What I said is that people who are claiming there are "two sides to this story"
you don't think that's a natural reaction to something incomprehensible?  Hoping this wasn't what it ended up being?  Are you so numb to this that you couldn't fathom that there could possibly be more, that someone couldn't possibly be so barbaric?  That's really sad if you think about it.

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Dr.Franklin
2.you arent going to respect a large group of people(686k people), because of 4 cops?well i hate ALL BLACKS, Dont like it?Too bad. Cry about it remember  less than  0.01% of cops committed police brutality

No, respecting someone for the job they hold alone is really stupid. If I'm going to do that then it's going to be for doctors and nurses who save lives every single day and don't go around demanding that everyone lick their assholes like cops do (and look at you complying! how do they taste?).  I have no idea why you think cops automatically deserve reverence but that boot licking mentality is pathetic and has no place in my life.

The comparison of blacks and cops is also pathologically stupid. "Blacks" do not hold positions of inherent power and authority. Blacks are not known to be above the law. Blacks do not have a reputation for getting away with murder. Blacks do not have a union that specifically shields them from the abuses they notoriously commit. Etc.

I never said I hated all cops in this thread btw. In my last post I did call out good cops for being pussies but prior to that I didn't say anything about hating ALL cops. Interesting you'd go with that narrative though. 
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
I haven’t seen one person support the cops in the George Floyd case

Good. I saw bmdrocks21 make some pretty stupid posts on page 1  though. 

Another response I like is bitching about the people rioting. This coming from the snowflakes who had an epic meltdown when Colin Kaepernick took a knee and tried to protest peacefully in silence. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Simply not true. Cops are speaking out against Derek Chauvin. I can pull up videos of cops as well calling them out.

Good cops exist, but are overriden by flawed laws. You can safely say a "trustworthy" cop does not exist
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Links to cops calling out Chauvin

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Are you so numb to this that you couldn't fathom that there could possibly be more, that someone couldn't possibly be so barbaric? 

I believe there are multiple sides to every story per se, but even if we had only seen a few seconds of that incident it would be enough to know it was definitively wrong.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
Simply not true.

People are speaking about this incident because it's fucking reprehensible and indefensible. It also comes days after the Ahmad A. incident. But don't sit there and pretend cops don't unilaterally defend their fellow boys in blue 99.9% of the time. I'm not going to waste my time arguing that nonsense.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
Links to cops calling out Chauvin

*Really slow clap*

Wow, that changes everything.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Danielle
hind sight certainly is 20/20 isn't it
hands up don't shoot, bag of skittles just a couple of examples of false racism, first one involved a cop.  took a while before the actual truth came out and the lies uncovered so yeah it does take more than a few seconds.  looking at the stats there's no evidence or reason to think this was racial, unless you have information proving otherwise.  I would refer you to the links I've posted in the political section/Chaos thread.

as far as this case, police immunity is too powerful imo