Chaos in Minnesota

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 126
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@RationalMadman
These riots are going to help Coronavirus spread so rapidly in US vs before, I pity those in Minnesota doing the right thing and staying home being safe or being healthcare workers and shopkeepers among the riots, I am so sorry for them. 
They are literally being murdered by the people in charge of protecting them. If that isn't a cause for anger, i don't know what is. 

You do not defeat barbaric cops by being barbaric populace, this fuels exactly what they want in order to fight back. You must be smart and patient, play this legally and get the murderer put behind bars.
The problem with that line of thinking is that it requires the system to actually work and punish them. History has proven that in many, many cases that simply doesn't happen. There is a culture among police where they stick together and protect their own. This system regularly allows cops to break the law, even murder people, and walk away scot free. They get a slap on the wrist (sent home with pay, short suspension), then a few months later once the heat has died down they are back on the street abusing people even more. Chauvin is a good example of this. A 46 year old cop had 18 previous complaints with internal affairs. He was punished for 2 of them, both of which were "a reprimand". 

People know that cops won't be punished for this shit unless national attention is drawn. Otherwise the issues usually just get quietly swept under the rug. So playing it "smart and patient" just ensures that nothing ever gets done. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
They are literally being murdered by the people in charge of protecting them. If that isn't a cause for anger, i don't know what is. 

where was the anger before this murder, and the anger before that and so on and so on.....
is the anger only when it's done by someone in charge of protecting the public?  why is that do you think?
There is a culture among police where they stick together and protect their own. This system regularly allows cops to break the law, even murder people, and walk away scot free.
it's almost like they have too much power right?  it's almost like the people should have the power right?

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Imabench
Fixed
I’ve seen cops on people’s necks on the TV show dude, but they don’t stay on the neck for 8 minutes after being handcuffed and backup being present. These cops were being filmed and they knew it, did anything different happen? No.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
A 46 year old cop had 18 previous complaints with internal affairs. He was punished for 2 of them, both of which were "a reprimand". 
Your buddy Amy K didn’t prosecute him. But yes continue to blame it on racists.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Aren’t these the same people that want to send cops door to door to confiscate firearms?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
where was the anger before this murder, and the anger before that and so on and so on.....
the anger was already there. You don't see this kind of explosive outburst if this was just an isolated incident and no one was upset before this. 

is the anger only when it's done by someone in charge of protecting the public?  why is that do you think?
The fact that these are people hired to protect the people and they are instead murdering them certainly makes it worse. The fact that those in charge of enforcing the laws then work together to protect the criminals (since they are cops) makes it much, much worse. Because then the system doesn't actually correct the problem, it protects and intensifies the problem. 

There is a culture among police where they stick together and protect their own. This system regularly allows cops to break the law, even murder people, and walk away scot free.
it's almost like they have too much power right?  it's almost like the people should have the power right?
what, the power to kill people on the street? Of course not. That is going backwards, not forwards. There needs to be much greater civilian oversight of the police. Allowing them to exist in their own little bubble where they only answer to themselves is a serious problem. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
A 46 year old cop had 18 previous complaints with internal affairs. He was punished for 2 of them, both of which were "a reprimand". 
Your buddy Amy K didn’t prosecute him. But yes continue to blame it on racists.
I think Amy klobochar is trash. why would you think she's my "buddy"?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

Liberal: The government needs more power.

Also liberal: Government gives the police too much power.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Liberal: The government needs more power.

Also liberal: Government gives the police too much power.
lol you are aware that the police and government are 2 separate entities right? Also, I didn't say the police had too much power, i said they need more oversight from civilians. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
I think Amy klobochar is trash. why would you think she's my "buddy"?
The Democratic Party claims to fight for racial justice but decided to not prosecute their cops. It’s as if Democrats don’t care about black people 🤔
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
Aren’t these the same people that want to send cops door to door to confiscate firearms?
they don't understand their own hypocrisy, it's typical when the rights of other are trampled on it's ok, but when the worm turns.....same thing, more government, more government control, handout etc but once those turn all of a sudden it's bad even though they created the problem.  in their arrogance they thought they were only causing problems and controlling the other side, now they are reaping what they have sewn and they deserve far more since that's the only thing that will get their attention, same logic as the riots right?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
You don't see this kind of explosive outburst if this was just an isolated incident and no one was upset before this. 
was the time before this on the "isolated incident"?  how about the one before that?  and before that?

The fact that these are people hired to protect the people and they are instead murdering them certainly makes it worse. 
I see so if he had been murdered by another black man, eh chalk that up to just another murder?  how many degrees of murder are there that some are worse than others?

what, the power to kill people on the street?
the power to run and control their own lives, not everyone wants the government to do it for them like most liberals.

There needs to be much greater civilian oversight of the police. 
lol isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do?  hey maybe we should expand government and they could increase the police force like they have been doing, seems to be working right?  more nanny state that will fix it, more globalism too, look how much that has helped the poor over the many years.  you should really rethink your political ideology maybe.

lol you are aware that the police and government are 2 separate entities right?
but are they really?  aren't they the ones who are in charge of the over site that you want?  Some mayors have a lot of power over the police.  Governor is calling up national guard for the riots.  who has the power?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
You don't see this kind of explosive outburst if this was just an isolated incident and no one was upset before this. 
was the time before this on the "isolated incident"?  how about the one before that?  and before that?
you missed my point. I'm saying this is not an isolated. The underlying anger and rage is because this stuff is happening all the time. 

The fact that these are people hired to protect the people and they are instead murdering them certainly makes it worse. 
I see so if he had been murdered by another black man, eh chalk that up to just another murder?  how many degrees of murder are there that some are worse than others?
murder is always bad. But if it is a regular citizen committing the crime, the system is much more likely to arrest them and deal with the situation. When it is a cop, the system tries to protect them and shield them from the consequences. That is much worse. 

what, the power to kill people on the street?
the power to run and control their own lives, not everyone wants the government to do it for them like most liberals.
there are thousands of years of human history where there were no professional police services. Crime was rampant. The only people who got justice were the rich and powerful. I have no idea why you would want to go back to that. 

There needs to be much greater civilian oversight of the police. 
lol isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do?
theoretically, but in practice no. Crimes committed by the police are investigated by other police. The punishments are often determined by still different police. There are civilians involved in the process, but ultimately, the police investigate themselves. 

hey maybe we should expand government and they could increase the police force like they have been doing, seems to be working right?
this has nothing to do with what i am talking about. 

more nanny state that will fix it, more globalism too, look how much that has helped the poor over the many years.
globalism has massively improved the standard of living in most of the world. The main issue is still that corruption from rich oligarch's keep much of the wealth in only a few people's hands. 

you should really rethink your political ideology maybe.
I have. A government that relies on the support of the people is much more inclined to listen to the people than corrupt oligarch's whose main goal is to keep themselves rich and you poor. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@HistoryBuff
It’s a simple question. Do you support the violent protests: burning property down, looting, etc or no? Yes or No would suffice. I say no.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
It’s a simple question. Do you support the violent protests: burning property down, looting, etc or no? Yes or No would suffice. I say no.
that question is designed to be extremely loaded, and therefore it is stupid. Do you support people laying down and dying while being murdered by the police? a yes or no would suffice.

see how phrasing questions that way is useless?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
you missed my point. I'm saying this is not an isolated. The underlying anger and rage is because this stuff is happening all the time. 
I can't disagree with that

in practice no. Crimes committed by the police are investigated by other police. The punishments are often determined by still different police. 
right so if you expand that a tad and apply it to Congress and the Senate then you can see it's the government vs the people,  now the national guard which is just another form of law enforcement right?  Military?  who runs them?  the citizens?
you must have missed where I talked about sheriffs who are often elected to their positions and who's purpose is to uphold the constitution/b.o.r. not write b.s. tickets or enforce victimless crimes, would that be so bad?  Consider this for a moment if you can, the recent unconstitutional orders state governors etc have used and enforced, not all police went along with those, so where theses orders just to see how much of the police force was loyal to the government?  The government, state or otherwise can't enforce laws without people with guns loyal to them and willing to do their bidding.  ever wonder why all the old silly laws rarely get removed from the books but so many get added every year.

globalism has massively improved the standard of living in most of the world. 
it sure has, China is a prime example of that isn't it.  though all the people who lost their jobs might not thing it's such a great thing.

whose main goal is to keep themselves rich and you poor. 

that is so sadly very true and that is a huge problem we find ourselves in right now, wouldn't you agree?  Pelosi isn't shy to how off her wealth.  How about the Clintons?  Obama has done extremely well being a "public servant" lol can't help to laugh every time I heard that term used for anyone who's become rich off tax payer money or by taking advantage of their position.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
no, and there's no rational justification for it.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
right so if you expand that a tad and apply it to Congress and the Senate then you can see it's the government vs the people
Lol, what? that doesn't even make sense. The police and congress are 2 very separate entities. 

you must have missed where I talked about sheriffs who are often elected to their positions and who's purpose is to uphold the constitution/b.o.r. not write b.s. tickets or enforce victimless crimes, would that be so bad?
probably, yeah. turning enforcement of the law into a popularity contest is a terrible plan. 

Consider this for a moment if you can, the recent unconstitutional orders state governors etc have used and enforced, not all police went along with those, so where theses orders just to see how much of the police force was loyal to the government?
what unconstitutional orders?

The government, state or otherwise can't enforce laws without people with guns loyal to them and willing to do their bidding. 
ok, but without those "people with guns" to enforce the laws, society fails to function, crime runs rampant. 

ever wonder why all the old silly laws rarely get removed from the books but so many get added every year.
no. Removing laws off of the books is time consuming and can be expensive. since it is far easier to just not enforce them, people will often go for that option. new laws get added because that is exactly what governments are there to do. They legislate. 

globalism has massively improved the standard of living in most of the world. 
it sure has, China is a prime example of that isn't it.  though all the people who lost their jobs might not thing it's such a great thing.
the standard of living in america has increased in the last 50 years. China has improved alot too. since their standard was so much lower, their improvement is more dramatic. But if we didn't have global trade the standard of living would be lower. People can afford the amenities like cards, computers, foods etc because the costs to manufacture those goods are so much lower. you take away globalization and some more people get to work in factories, but people can no longer afford things because the prices double or triple. 

whose main goal is to keep themselves rich and you poor. 

that is so sadly very true and that is a huge problem we find ourselves in right now, wouldn't you agree? 
yes

Pelosi isn't shy to how off her wealth.  How about the Clintons?
totally agree. the dem establish (and certainly all of the republicans too) or usually pretty rich. 

can't help to laugh every time I heard that term used for anyone who's become rich off tax payer money or by taking advantage of their position.
do you think that this is somehow only a democrat problem?  The republicans are just as corrupt, if not more so. that is why we need candidates like bernie sanders who don't have those corrupt connections. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
that question is designed to be extremely loaded, and therefore it is stupid. Do you support people laying down and dying while being murdered by the police? a yes or no would suffice.

see how phrasing questions that way is useless?
No, I don’t support senseless dying. And the question is not useless lol. Do you or do you not condemn the violence that is going on?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
no, and there's no rational justification for it.
HB refuses to answer the question, which leads me to believe he does support the violence and it’s justified.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
 that doesn't even make sense. The police and congress are 2 very separate entities.
really?  hmm you were talking about how the police cover for each other and investigate each other thus a conflict of interest, you don't think Congress and the Senate do that too?  

plenty of orders have been overturned etc, you should have no problem finding some and catching up to date.

ok, but without those "people with guns" to enforce the laws, society fails to function, crime runs rampant
sure I'll bet there was very little citizen crime in nazi germany and some were content to live like that, would you?

turning enforcement of the law into a popularity contest is a terrible plan. 
really?  you don't think people who vote for others who will be just and fair?  you don't seem to know much about this but it's not a permanent position, they have to be re-elected.  electing people who would uphold the constitution and protect rights is a terrible plan, wow, you'd love a police state apparently, but then bitch they are so ruthless.

since it is far easier to just not enforce them
so glad you said that written in 1957 by a woman  Ayn Rand
"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”
But if we didn't have global trade the standard of living would be lower. 
except for the bad trade deals, though I fail to see how all this time globalism hasn't helped black unemployment then a non globalist is elected and the black unemployment breaks records, but just be luck huh.

lol Bernie Sanders who never had a job in his life and became a millionaire being a "public servant" um no thanks.
We need term limits, far better accounting and oversight.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@ILikePie5
it sure seems he loves authority and would be happy living in the nanny state, that's what Sanders was promising after all.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
 that doesn't even make sense. The police and congress are 2 very separate entities.
really?  hmm you were talking about how the police cover for each other and investigate each other thus a conflict of interest, you don't think Congress and the Senate do that too?  
I didn't say the senate can't do the same thing. But that isn't related to what we are talking about. 

plenty of orders have been overturned etc, you should have no problem finding some and catching up to date.
I'm not doing research for you. If you can't tell me what you are talking about, i will just assume you don't know what you are talking about. 

ok, but without those "people with guns" to enforce the laws, society fails to function, crime runs rampant
sure I'll bet there was very little citizen crime in nazi germany and some were content to live like that, would you?
no, but would you want to live in london in the late 1700's when people had to walk the streets armed all the time because without any professional police, crime was pretty much everywhere? We obviously need professional police, and we obviously need oversight to keep them in line. 

really?  you don't think people who vote for others who will be just and fair?  you don't seem to know much about this but it's not a permanent position, they have to be re-elected.  electing people who would uphold the constitution and protect rights is a terrible plan, wow, you'd love a police state apparently, but then bitch they are so ruthless.
why do you think making it an elected position means they want to uphold the constitution? It just means they got people to vote for them. Typically, winning an election means you need money. If you need money, that breeds corruption. Not to mention it incentivizes the police to do what is popular, not necessarily what is legal. 

except for the bad trade deals, though I fail to see how all this time globalism hasn't helped black unemployment then a non globalist is elected and the black unemployment breaks records, but just be luck huh.
lol why would you think those things are related. trump has done absolutely nothing that has reversed globalization. you are giving trump credit for the end result of trends that began under Obama. 

lol Bernie Sanders who never had a job in his life and became a millionaire being a "public servant" um no thanks.
We need term limits, far better accounting and oversight.
I don't disagree with term limits or better accounting and oversight. totally on board with that. But we need politicans who aren't bought and paid for. almost all politicians today rely on corporations and billionaires to give them money to get elected. Once they get elected, the issues they pay attention to are the ones their donors care about. Bernie sanders doesnt take money from super pacs. the only people he listens to are the constituents, not the big money donors. Whether or not you agree with his policies, I don't see how you could disagree that that is a good thing. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
I didn't say the senate can't do the same thing. But that isn't related to what we are talking about. 

well I disagree, since government makes laws and police policy they are very much related.

We obviously need professional police,

which sheriffs, deputies and peace officers are.

so you don't believe in elections and the process, well not much else to say then I guess.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
well I disagree, since government makes laws and police policy they are very much related.
in the same way that you are related to the farmer that grew your food. that doesn't make you a farmer. So comparing you is likely not particularly relevant. 

so you don't believe in elections and the process, well not much else to say then I guess.
elections are important in positions that determine policy and what the law is. elections are not important in positions of upholding the law. they should answer to elected officials, but having police directly elected, simply opens up more avenues for corruption. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
Well, so much for social distancing.
thett3
thett3
Republicans are truly pathetic. They’re so obsessed with winning a marginally larger number of black votes that they will let bonafide riots run unchecked, at the expense of their actual base. 

At the same time mainstream conservatives clearly have a very low opinion of ordinary black people if they think the average black person supports this kind of street violence. Trump would almost certainly win more black votes by cracking down on the riots than letting them run rampant. If they think so little of black people, why would they even want to be associated with them? They haven’t thought it through and clearly never will. 

It’s with a heavy heart that I admit: the right is too stupid to be trusted with power 
thett3
thett3
Fate clearly wants Donald Trump to be reelected. He was given coronavirus to bail out his presidency and he fumbled it, and immediately afterward he was given this. Unfortunately, as recently as yesterday he was going after Joe Biden for being too tough on crime. Does he even want to win?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Glad to see you finally realising the hypocrisy and bullshit of right-wing agenda. It literally self refutes at times and indirectly does so in many other ways.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@ILikePie5
This shit doesn't happen in countries that do whwt you refer to, which have successfully employed the gun-free agenda where cops indeed take guns from citizens.

Of course, I am referring to social democracies that have done it and not some right-wing agenda or tyrannical pseudo-left agenda.