Why Is Christianity #1?

Author: ethang5

Total: 106
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
I know this thread invites the anti-theists to take their petty pot-shots at God, but they are a constant, so we will ignore them.

*Christianity is twice the size if its nearest rival. Over a billion people More!
*Christianity seems to have the most effective message of all religions. It has been successful in virtually every culture on Earth. How many Swedish Hindus are there? How many Buddhist Ugandans? How many Paraguayan Muslims?  
*Christianity has been so successful, many countries have laws that attempt to restrict and impede it.
*Is it not reasonable to expect the most true religion to be the most universally acceptable? Why would a message from God be hindered by ethnicity or culture?
*Can adoption by a western king account for Christianity's worldwide success?
*Why has no other religion been able to duplicate Christianity's performance for 2,000 years?

Since the atheist does not believe Christianity is true, how does he account for its unmatched performance in the world? In terms of effective performance, no religion comes even close to matching Christianity's record. What, if not because it is true, in your opinion explains this?  
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

Ethang5,

You know what those Atheists like to say regarding Christianity being number one, don't you?  In case you don't know, they say our faith is number one because the majority of the population in the world are ignorant fools with low  IQ levels that would allow them to swallow such a primitive Bronze, Iron, and Middle Ages belief system. This is why Atheists are Hell Bound upon their demise, praise Jesus' ever loving and forgiving revenge upon them!

Ethang5’ is the #1 Bible Ignorant pseudo-christian and runs away from this fact as shown:

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
answer:roman empire
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@ethang5
above

basically, the roman empire had the most effect on Europe, then Europe went on to colonize the world and bring christianity with it
ludofl3x
Debates: 0
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
*Is it not reasonable to expect the most true religion to be the most universally acceptable? Why would a message from God be hindered by ethnicity or culture?
You recognize that while some measures may show Christianity has more adherents than another religion (this rolls all "Christians" into one bundle, rather than the fractured denominations like Catholics vs. Protestants, both of whom believe firmly the other is wrong and hell bound even though they are categorized under the same umbrella), your claim here is objectively incorrect, because you're now positioning Christians vs. ALL OTHER RELIGIONS combined.  There are far more NON Christians in the world than there are Christians ((Hindus + Muslims+Jews) > Christians). That aside, the popularity of a proposition has no bearing on if it's true, nor does something being true affect its popularity. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I agree with Dr.Franklin.  While it would be nice to think that Christianity’s spread was mostly idealogical appeal history tells us that the most aggressive empires in history imposed Christianity by force, even mass murder , for generations.  Rome ( including papal influence after 410) christianized Europe.  Byzantium christianized Russia, Spain christianized the Americas, Philippines,etc  England and France christianized North America, Africa, Australia, etc. 

Muhammad commanded tolerance for Jews and Christians. Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism have some forced conversion but very minor compared to Christian traditions. 

The short answer is that Christianity is widespread because Christians  forced conversion on much of the world’s population for generations and killed (using a wide variety of tactics) those who wouldn’t convert. 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

Ethang5,

Unfortunately, your “Argumentum ad Populum” stance falls flat upon its face in the real world. I hate to always correct you, as usual, but to truly bring home your initial post, you should do the following so you won’t be to embarrassed, okay? 

When you mention the term “God,” then most importantly you should mention which God  you are talking about relative to the remaining Bronze, Iron, and Middle Ages of Gods that are still left in the 21st Century. Therefore, relative to Christianity being number 1, that would be Jesus as the Christian God, okay? This separates Jesus from the two remaining Gods of Yahweh and Allah, which unfortunately are the same Gods because of their Abrahamic origins and traditions, which if you have the balls, we can discuss at your expense at a later date.  Understood?

YOUR LYING QUOTE RELATIVE TO THE MESSAGE OF CHRISTIANITY BEING THE MOST EFFECTIVE: “Christianity seems to have the most effective message of all religions.”

Uh, hmmmm, I don’t know if this is actually true. Since you are obviously aware of the fact that Jesus proposes that there will be no women in our Christian heaven, then subjectively, the Muslims heaven has a better option. Whereas, in the faith of  Islam, Allah’s inspired words, equal to Jesus’ words, states that for the man in their heaven there awaits 72 virgins upon their demise!  Do the simple math.  (Hadith: Book of Sunan (volume IV, chapters on The Features of Paradise as described by the Messenger of Allah)

YOUR ERRONEOUS QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: *Why has no other religion been able to duplicate Christianity's performance for 2,000 years?

Besides your religious ignorance showing once again, as if your Bible ignorance wasn’t enough embarrassment for you, one reason to answer your dumbfounded question is the fact that Allah of the Muslim faith didn’t show up until 700CE!  DUH!  Therefore, Christianity had a jump on Islam by 700 years! GET IT?  Unfortunately, Islam is the largest religion in its growth and will surpass Christianity in the near future.  https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/06/why-muslims-are-the-worlds-fastest-growing-religious-group/

Ethang5, it is great to see you actually post a thread of your own for a change, even though it goes severely wanting in all aspects of your topic, but nonetheless, at least you are trying to be worthwhile within this forum. Good for you!

Ethang5’ is the #1 Bible Ignorant pseudo-christian and runs away from this fact as continually shown:

Ethang5 is the #1 Spammer and Targeted Harasser:

Ethang5 is the #1 debaser of Jesus by stating it is okay to offend Him:

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Because they pillaged and invaded more.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@ethang5
Constantine, Charlemagne, the Crusades, etc. And Christianity isn't the most prevalent religion. It's Luciferianism. Most of these Christian denominations are merely derivative and extend practices of Luciferian rituals and customs--namely Catholicism.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
It is not true what you are saying about Islam, both Christianity and Islam are extremely prone to parents bullying children and conquerers blackmailing invaded populations, into believing.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
--> @oromagi 
It is not true what you are saying about Islam, both Christianity and Islam are extremely prone to parents bullying children and conquerers blackmailing invaded populations, into believing.
What I said was that Muhammad commanded tolerance...are you saying that’s not true?  None of what you say after seems to refute that.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Athias
I definitely want to see that argument. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
Yes I am absolutely saying that. The Hadith (which is more solely dedicated to Muhammad's ways while the Qur'an is more to Allah's) encourages stoning and brutal punishment to those who stray from the religion in any way.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
In did not say it was true, I asked, "If you do not think its true, what accounts for its popularity?" Something must.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
basically, the roman empire had the most effect on Europe, then Europe went on to colonize the world and bring christianity with it
No doubt that had an effect, but do you think that accounts for all of Christianity's effectiveness? Having Europe push you may get you into a culture, but can it keep you there?

Muslems colonized much of the world too, yet today most of the places they colonized have reverted away from Islam.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Uh, hmmmm, I don’t know if this is actually true.
Of course you dont. You're from Landover Baptist, the idiot church.

Enjoy your vacation Dee Dee!
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
Because they pillaged and invaded more.
So Christianity has been #1 for 2,000+ years because "they" pillaged and invaded more? Really? What keeps Christianity #1 now?

Heard of any pillaging recently?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Parents brainwash their children into it from a young age and threaten to disown and reject them socially in the family of they pull away from it. The pillaging isn't required anymore, just pressure to keep it going. There isn't a single nation that is Christian that wasn't conquered and blackmailed into it in past generations of that nation's culture and history.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
The pillaging isn't required anymore, just pressure to keep it going.
Why doesn't this hold true for other religions?

There isn't a single nation that is Christian that wasn't conquered and blackmailed into it in past generations of that nation's culture and history.
Are you sure this is true? Do you have any support for that claim? How about Liberia? Or even the United States?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@oromagi
@Athias
I definitely want to see that argument. 
I would like to also.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Judaism, Christianity and Islam all intended to run along invasion, bullying generations into it and lasting that way, the only reason that Christianity outdid the other two is that they pillaged and invaded far more (as well as that later on, a pseudo-Christian named Adolf Hitler led the wiping out of many would-be generations of Jew during his reign as Nazi in chief).

The reason why Christianity has outdone all religions in population is that it originally invaded and pillaged far more than the rest did, which part is confusing you? Islam is second place because it was also second place in the pillaging and invading out of those religions that remain.
ethang5
ethang5
All through human history, religions rose and fell, one dominated, and then lost its #1 status and was replaced by another. Till Christianity.

Christianity's difference in effect and effectiveness is so stark, only deliberate obtuse glasses will fail to see that there is something unique about that religion.

Every other major religion acknowledges Christianity. Muslims agree that Jesus will return to take away believers on the last day.
Hindus and Buddhists believe that Jesus was an incarnation of God.
And we know about Jews.

There is something different, special, unique...  about Christianity.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Are you sure this is true? Do you have any support for that claim? How about Liberia? Or even the United States?

Do you have a clue how either began? US began due to Columbus taking credit for a guy who literally was killed in order for Columbus to take the credit for the land that the guy found, the guy thought Columbus would give a reward to him but was backstabbed the minute he claimed his reward. Columbus didn't just lead pillaging and invasion of a violent sort, his men truly relished in the fear, rape and all that mental torture stuff that comes along with conquering.

As for Liberia, every single Christian and Muslim African nation was brutally conquered, as a Ghanan I thought you'd know that.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
So you didn't imply that its success was in part because it's true when you said:

*Is it not reasonable to expect the most true religion to be the most universally acceptable? 
This is the crux of my question. It's not remotely universally accepted and non-believers far outnumber believers. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@RationalMadman
Do you have a clue how either began? 
I sure do.

US began due to Columbus taking credit for a...
You said, "There isn't a single nation that is Christian that wasn't conquered and blackmailed into it in past generations of that nation's culture and history."

Were America's native Indians blackmailed into Christianity? Did England conquer and blackmail America?

As for Liberia, every single Christian and Muslim African nation was brutally conquered,
All you've done is repeated your claim, not support it. Liberia was NEVER colonized, and became independent in the 1800's. The first African country to declare independence.

...as a Ghanan resident I thought you'd know that.
I am no longer a resident of Ghana, and I am an American. Every Christian nation being "brutally conquered" is simply not true, so there is no way I would "know" that.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
So you didn't imply that its success was in part because it's true when you said:
That is what I believe, but that is not my contention here. I'm trying to ask you the atheist how YOU account for Christianity's success. Again, not every topic is, "does God exist?" Do you have an opinion on the question?

*Is it not reasonable to expect the most true religion to be the most universally acceptable? 

This is the crux of my question.
Please address my question first.

It's not remotely universally accepted and non-believers far outnumber believers. 
I did not say it was universally accepted. I only asked if you can account for it being such a distant #1. Others have answered, why can't you?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@ethang5
If your question is why is Christianity so popular, the roots are in history, several people have pointed them out. They also take advantage of less advanced societies through mission work, which not every religion does (Hindu missions, for example, don't seem to exist). 

And you definitely said this:

*Is it not reasonable to expect the most true religion to be the most universally acceptable
Here you are saying you didn't say that it's universally acceptable. My point is it's not remotely universally accepted. 
User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Why are you so hostile being a Christian? 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@ludofl3x
And I asked those people to substantial their claims.

Sure, there is a historical component, but can it account for all of Christianity's fantastic performance? I don't think so.

Not every culture was subjugated. Christianity generally was not spread by the sword. History does not explain Christianity's effectiveness in such varied cultures and ethnicities, or why it has managed to remain #1 centuries past the days of pillaging.

With all the other conquering countries, why was Christianity's performance never replicated? It isn't like other religions didn't try.

All I wanted to know is how does the atheist resolve the dissonance between Christianity's unrivaled performance and his poor opinion of it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ethang5
Were America's native Indians blackmailed into Christianity? Did England conquer and blackmail America?
Yes, except they didn't give in so they were slaughtered instead. Very few remained and reproduced to have the 1-3 native tribes and bloodlines that remain, out of the original 14 or so.