Gun Control is dead after riots

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 140
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
lol you say that as if republicans would have done anything any better. I'm not sure how cutting services and funneling cash into the hands of the rich really helps with crime. 

That's literally what Democrats have done for 30 years and plan to do for the next 30 years. Defund the police lol...like Democrats haven't been cutting services by defunding and ordering them to stand down for YEARS. New Democrat plan, same as old Democrat plan.

Meanwhile, in the elite lofty air of the multi-millionaire Democrat elites living the good life in America's version of the Kremlin...
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
so you've decided that the potential to me and my loved ones is miniscule so I can't have a gun?  do you wear a seatbelt even though an accident so bad that a seatbelt would save your life is so miniscule?'
your argument is critically flawed. You wearing a seatbelt isn't a risk to anyone else. It has no downside. You owning guns very much does have downsides. thousands upon thousands of people are dying so that you can keep that gun and likely never use it to protect yourself. You are essentially letting huge numbers of people die for your own hypothetical fantasy.

or all the posts and discussion of systemic racism, not one person is able to point to a racist system or give an example
can you list the non deadly weapons for us?
Any weapons is deadly when wielded by someone who has complete disdain for the people he is supposed to be protecting. It doesn't matter how many new weapons we buy, how much sensitivity training you do. The racism is systemic. Messing around the edges isn't going to cut it. 

most anything used as a weapon has a potential to cause death right?  but it's only a deadly weapon if it actually does cause a death, otherwise it's just a weapon?
i'm guessing you have a point, but you didn't actually make it. Is it that any weapon is deadly, therefore we should just let people have super deadly weapons? Maybe we should all walk around with flame throwers and grenades. that'll make us all safe right?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
That's literally what Democrats have done for 30 years and plan to do for the next 30 years. Defund the police lol...like Democrats haven't been defunding and ordering them to stand down for YEARS.
I know. Because the establishment dems are no different than republicans on this issue. The powerful people running both parties agree and like the systemically racist police system. 

Meanwhile, in the elite lofty air of the multi-millionaire Democrat elites living the good life in America's version of the Kremlin...
again, I don't disagree. The democratic establishment are also corrupt. But don't pretend like the republicans aren't also SUPER corrupt. I think the establishment dems need to be primaried hard from the left to get some actual change. There really is no chance of change otherwise. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
again, I don't disagree. The democratic establishment are also corrupt. But don't pretend like the republicans aren't also SUPER corrupt. I think the establishment dems need to be primaried hard from the left to get some actual change. There really is no chance of change otherwise. 

Every Democrat in the 2020 primary willing to stand up to the deepstate got 1 percent support from Democrat supporters. Democrat voters just are not willing or able to change.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
You owning guns very much does have downsides. thousands upon thousands of people are dying so that you can keep that gun and likely never use it to protect yourself. 
my owning something isn't anyone's business, nor does it affect anyone, thousands of people died so I have the right to protect myself.  If it's likely it would never be used, what possible objection could you have that I have one?

The racism is systemic.
The racism is not systemic.
Any weapons is deadly when wielded by someone who has complete disdain for the people he is supposed to be protecting. 
you mean by criminals, I agree criminals shouldn't commit crimes.
i'm guessing you have a point, but you didn't actually make it.
naw no point just pointing out your silly hyperbole.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Every Democrat in the 2020 primary willing to stand up to the deepstate got 1 percent support from Democrat supporters. 
What does that even mean? What exactly is a "deepstate"? How would you "stand up to" it?

Democrat voters just are not willing or able to change.
What are you talking about? Did you miss the millions of people protesting across the country? The people want change. And I agree that the dem establishment doesn't want to give it to them. But that is why we need people like AOC, Bernie Sanders etc to primary them and get real change. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
my owning something isn't anyone's business, nor does it affect anyone
lol of course it is other people's business. It affects everyone. Your "right" to own it is killing thousands upon thousands of people. 

thousands of people died so I have the right to protect myself. 
everyone has the right to defend themselves. But we as a society get to set reasonable limits on how to do that. Obviously we can have citizens walking around with machine guns and grenades all the time. there already are limits on what weapons are and are not acceptable for people to own. But those limits are just too high. 

The racism is not systemic.
it is. 

you mean by criminals, I agree criminals shouldn't commit crimes.
I meant by police. But since they use them in illegal ways, many of them are both. 

naw no point just pointing out your silly hyperbole.
well you failed spectacularly then because you ended up saying nothing at all. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
it is. 

Lol, it's not.

Systemic racism against non-whites (except Asians) was officially outlawed on June 19, 1964, despite fierce opposition from Democrat congressional lawmakers.

Codified Affirmative action is still systemically racist. Just a horse of a different color though.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
Your "right" to own it is killing thousands upon thousands of people. 

My right does not give anyone the right to break the law.   My rights do not commit crimes. 
it is.
Nut-uh

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Two questions:

Are you a US Citizen and are you 18 yet?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
My right does not give anyone the right to break the law.   My rights do not commit crimes. 
no. but the right to own lots of guns means there are tons of guns available to commit crimes. It is irresponsible to allow so many guns to float around.

Think of this this way. Let's say we legalized average citizens owning plutonium. We decide that every citizen has a right to it. But people keep setting off atomic weapons. It might not be your plutonium that is used, but you owning it is a threat to everyone else. Similarly, it might not be your guns that commit the crimes. But the gun laws being lax and allowing everyone to have them means that it is virtually guaranteed that criminals can get them really easily. 

therefore your rights are killing people every single day.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
U gonna answer or no?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
U gonna answer or no?
no, not planning on it. As a rule I don;t give out info about myself online. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
How about this, will you be able to vote this November?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Pretty sure he can’t even vote lmao. We’re talking to a kid for no reason lmaooo
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
How about this, will you be able to vote this November?
I see no value in giving you details about myself. I can see no way that you would use that information in a constructive way. At best you would ignore it. At worst you would try to find a way to use it to slander, demean or cause me harm. So i have no interest in providing you with information about myself. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Not the first time discussing policies that don't actually impact liberals of a certain socioeconomic class.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
So you can’t vote. Glad to know!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Something else I find humorous, I have 15 years till social security kicks in, so I would only have to pay for "free stuffs" for 15 years.

These college kids will be paying for "free stuffs" for 45 years, lol.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
So you can’t vote. Glad to know!
I can't prevent you from drawing pointless conclusions. But I'm not providing you with details about myself. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Lmao it makes sense. Only teenagers could ever support Bernie Sanders that much

Source: My Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
Something else I find humorous, I have 15 years till social security kicks in, so I would only have to pay for "free stuffs" for 15 years.

These college kids will be paying for "free stuffs" for 45 years, lol.

This kind of thinking might make sense if our economy wasn't so badly designed. The alternative to government services is not more money in your pocket. It is more money in billionaire's pockets. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Your silence speaks for itself
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Ya the dude hasn’t taken highschool economics for sure
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
Government services lol.

The government always serves itself before you get to wet your beak.

Have fun paying for Bernie's houses for 45 years
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
The government always serves itself before you get to wet your beak.
The short sightedness of this statement is kind of astounding. You say that as if human nature doesn't make this true about literally any situation. You think your boss isn't serving himself 1st? You think the shareholders or board of directors of that company aren't serving themselves 1st?

The government is flawed. No one would argue otherwise. But at the end of the day the govnerment has to fear us because we have the votes to remove them. So if they aren't helping us we can remove them. No one else has to fear you. Your boss isn't going to give a shit. You're losing your house because your wages are too low? too fucking bad. 

Your choices are to trust in the government (people you can hold accountable if they fuck up) or trust in millionaires who are actively trying to screw you over and you have no power over at all. If you want to bet on the millionaires treating you better, than that is sad. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The day all the rich people hightail themselves out of the nation is the day we go broke forever. Just the way the economy works 🤷‍♂️

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
The day all the rich people hightail themselves out of the nation is the day we go broke forever. Just the way the economy works 🤷‍♂️
what? no. that is nothing like how the economy works. What would that even mean? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
what? no. that is nothing like how the economy works. What would that even mean? 
That’s exactly how it works. You say rich people own a shit ton. So if they go we suffer right. What makes you think a rich person will continue to invest in a nation where they have to give 60% of their income in taxes. Wealth will leave the US. Everyone will suffer. Without rich people a lot of jobs disappear. Recession happens. Govt runs out of sources to borrow money. And just like that economy dies.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s exactly how it works. You say rich people own a shit ton. So if they go we suffer right. 
no, that doesn't really make sense. 

What makes you think a rich person will continue to invest in a nation where they have to give 60% of their income in taxes.
lots of things. primarily being that the US is the biggest economy in the world. Those people are relying on that market to make that money. if they want to continue to make money they need do business in america. Not to mention that they are US citizens, so that is certainly leverage. 

Without rich people a lot of jobs disappear. Recession happens. Govt runs out of sources to borrow money. And just like that economy dies.
ok. but you are painting a fantasy scenario. Rich people can't just pick up everything and leave. the way they make their money requires them to be in america for the most part. It isn't possible for them to just abandon their country en masse, assuming they were so greedy and cowardly as to do do.