Total: 190
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Trump had his faults (stupidly interrupting, when he should have just let Biden dig his own grave as well as not giving a straight answer on condemning racists), but I personally think Biden couldn't have done any worse.

1. He openly endorsed the Green New Deal, universally recognized as the stupidest idea anyone has ever presented in American politics.
2. He made no condemnation of the riots and domestic terrorism plaguing America.
3. His COVID argument literally consists of "This international plague is somehow Trump's fault."
4. His economic argument is "you killed the economy" but at the same time "we need to close the country"
5. Weirdly enough, Biden hurled more insults at Trump than vice versa. This was the time he was supposed to be the grown up. Instead, they both looked childish. 

There's so much more....

Really, I don't think the Democrats understand how absolutely disconnected they are from the American voter. It's like they're trying their hardest to be as radical left as possible. It's baffling to me. 

Even if you agree with him on these issues, you have to admit, it is political suicide. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@MisterChris
This is exactly what Trump wanted....wall to wall coverage of Orangemanbad while Biden lost any chance to take the high ground and show a vision for the people.

If CNN is spending 95% of the airtime talking about Trump, they have next to no time left over to sell Biden.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Dumpster fire garbage. Trump still won. Harped on key issues. I think it just beefed up the base if anything for both sides. If I was an undecided voter, I would not make up my mind after this debate
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
If anything, it made me dislike Biden more as a candidate
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
Are we getting a debate of Trump vs. Harris? Or are we really not bothering to have debates this time? ... Sorry, had to make the joke.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@MisterChris
I thought Trump did pretty well in his 2-on-1. Lots of dumb interrupting, as you said, though

What did you think of Chris Wallace’s “moderation”?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Lol wallace. It's fine because Biden wouldnt accept any other one.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Considering that was supposed to be the most "pro-Trump" """""MODERATOR""""", that was horrendous.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@MisterChris
You're either a Trumpeter  or your not. 

So the opinion of any hard line supporter is anecdotal..

In a fair election it's the always the floating voters that decide.

Though it has to be said that the U.S. Presidential electoral system is far from straightforward and fair.

And let's be honest...Did you expect anything else from a debate involving Trump.

And you're right, Biden didn't really do himself any favours either.

It sort of begs the question...Aren't there any decent, younger, more competent people with  presidential aspirations  in The U.S?

And the answer is  yes, of course.......But obviously, none that can afford to buy a Presidency.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
Bloomberg proved that no matter how deep your pockets, you cannot buy a nomination. It is all about connections and, more importantly, name recognition.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
Buying a Presidency is more of a metaphorical term, though nonetheless appropriate.

How do connections and names develop without deep pockets?

And your reply somewhat backs up the notion that competency is somewhat irrelevant.

Power corrupts as they say, so perhaps we should always expect what we end up with.

God Save the Queen, hey?
Lemming
Lemming
The presidential debate, could have used a 'literal method of shutting up a candidate, who's turn it is not, to speak.
Such as turning off their microphone.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@bmdrocks21
I thought Trump did pretty well in his 2-on-1. Lots of dumb interrupting, as you said, though

What did you think of Chris Wallace’s “moderation”?
He seemed frustrated. I would be too honestly. I didn't like that he was poking holes in arguments, though (even though he says he was just trying to keep them on topic)... that should have been left to the debaters.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@zedvictor4
You're either a Trumpeter  or your not. 

So the opinion of any hard line supporter is anecdotal..
This is so wrong it's not even funny. Do you know the sheer amount of Americans that support neither candidate and vote one or the other out of necessity?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@zedvictor4
It sort of begs the question...Aren't there any decent, younger, more competent people with  presidential aspirations  in The U.S?

I agree with this. Dan Crenshaw and Tucker Carlson are promising to me, but I say that as a libertarian conservative. You would likely judge differently
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@MisterChris
here's what I saw (as much as I could stomach to watch)  Trump dominated, asserted his will and controlled (not necessarily in a positive way, it was a bit too much imo)  Biden is the wimpy kid who's trying to look tough, he looked down a lot and rarely looked at Trump if at all.  Biden's response were the same/repetitive, he was well coached and remembered his lines better than many actors.  When he tried to go off script he name called and stuttered.

I never wanted a president Trump, I did want anyone who could beat hillary, guess I got what I asked for.  I do not want biden and want anyone who can beat him.....be careful what you ask for you may just get it, ironic part is I say that all the time lol

Me personally, I've been better off under a President Trump than I was under 8 years of Obama.  I see NO path were I'd be better off under a president biden vs. another 4 years of president Trump.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
That's basically where I'm at. Totally agree.
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
I didn't watch it. I'm not into self-torture.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@SirAnonymous
fair enough lol
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
the debate was a clusterfuck.. it's all a clusterfuck to the whitehouse
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@n8nrgmi
hooray for incompetency!
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
hip hip, hooray!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Greyparrot
If CNN is spending 95% of the airtime talking about Trump, they have next to no time left over to sell Biden.

All fair points GP. But c'mon man, you know the thing. Trumps advisers should teach him the art and the value of giving your opponent enough rope in these situations.

The Donald's mistake here was not letting Sleepy run his mouth. Imagine the gems we may have missed because of the interruptions from the greatest President the western world has ever known.

Was Sleepy wired? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Barney
Are we getting a debate of Trump vs. Harris? 

Who knows?  We may get a Harris debates Trump,  at least I think that was the word I was looking for.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
This was hardly a debate. Trump found himself unable to respect the "2 minutes uninterrupted". Wallace was unable to control the debate. Biden was unable to rise above the chaos. It was a very poor showing for our presidential contenders.

Overall, I think few minds were changed or informed and see little reason for more debates.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@MisterChris
Yeah, I was a little irked when Wallace started laughing with Biden. "I am having a hard time myself, teehee"
Lemming
Lemming
Achmed the Dead Journalist, moderated over a better debate than Wallace's.
Though to be fair, Trump was far more behaved, during Achmed's debate.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@MisterChris
2. He made no condemnation of the riots and domestic terrorism plaguing America.
He condemned riots and said there is no place for violence multiple times. 

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
He condemned riots and said there is no place for violence multiple times. 
Hmm cause the polls said it was a losing issue. He couldn’t name a single police organization that supported him. He doesn’t think ANTIFA is real. He’s a fraud.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
Hmm cause the polls said it was a losing issue. He couldn’t name a single police organization that supported him. He doesn’t think ANTIFA is real. He’s a fraud.

The comment I replied to was "He made no condemnation of the riots and domestic terrorism plaguing America." That is completely wrong. Biden did condemn them and said there is no place for violence multiple times, so this is a lie. 

Now you're making the excuse "because the polls said it was a losing issue" as if that's a bad thing.  Elected representatives are supposed to represent the public so following what the public values makes perfect sense. 

But in fact Biden has always been tough on crime -- in fact progressives shit all over him for spearheading the fucking CRIME BILL and being too tough on crime.

Police unions are TRASH (I repeat: police unions are trash) so them not supporting Biden is a positive in my mind. But many law enforcement professionals have endorsed Biden ( https://www.wispolitics.com/2020/biden-campaign-more-than-190-law-enforcement-officials-across-the-nation-announce-support/ ). The ones that don't are just salty against the left which has little to nothing to do with Biden himself. 

Lol @ not believing ANTIFA is real. You literally just made that up.