Total: 190
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
I disagreed with Biden claiming the American people are voting on the Supreme Court appointment.
While it's true that the people vote for who is the president, who then appoints a person to the Supreme Court, I 'still don't think the American people appoint for who is in the Supreme Court. Except in a roundabout way.
Seems to me that's the prerogative of whoever is president whenever one of them dies.

31:51
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
My personal take was that Trump was a petulant child who got scolded over and over again to behave himself but continuously refused. The only people who think Trump did well are sycophants who will defend trump on anything. The same sort of people who will cheer anytime someone "owns the left". Which is kind of hilarious because Joe Biden is more right wing than some republicans on some issues. The idea that Biden represents "the left" is stupid on the face of it.

This was the worst debate in American history. I don't think this would convince a single person to vote for either candidate. But since the vast majority of people have already made up their mind, it was unlikely to have much effect anyways. Trump's supporters don't give a shit what he says or does. He could have burst out in tears and cried the whole debate and his supporters would still have said he was great. And the people who hate trump don't give a shit what biden says. They know trump is one of, if not the worst, presidents in history and would vote for a sack of potatoes to get rid of him. 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Whether you agree or not, these people exist.

They literally make a living agitating people and then suing them in court.

All it takes is to identify a few people with an Orangemanbad agenda, money, and a camera. (cough CNN)

And the script practically writes itself. Maybe I could have given these fringe freaks the benefit of the doubt and write them off as insignificant or perhaps comical, but after the frozen bottles and industrial-grade pyrotechnics, they can all go to hell.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
You ever heard of frauditors?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Welcome back! We missed u
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
So you are just going to pretend there were NO paid agitators in the crowd trying to get tear gassed for a photo op with CNN?
Of course not! CNN is an unbiased media source. They could never do that!
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
She’s too obsessed with listening to Joe’s media sycophants. If Joe Biden is the Democratic Party then he can’t even control his own Squad. I don’t give a shit what Joe says. I don’t give a shit what Trump says. Actions speak louder than words. Joe has done nothing to stop the violence. He can’t even control people in his own party. Joe Biden is the epitome of a career politician. 47 years of all talk and no action. 47 years of sweet talking voters and flipping as soon as he can to avoid scrutiny. No wonder black people don’t support him as much
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Nonsense, you should be publicy ridiculed for confusing the word wise with smart.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Nonsense, you should be publicy ridiculed for confusing the word wise with smart.
Ya I’m just a dumb redneck deplorable. What do I know?
Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
WILL YOU SHUT UP MAN
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Whether you agree or not, these people exist.

None of the links you posted depicted anything about people being paid to protest.

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
MisterChris is deluded and brainwashed by right wing propaganda and I will be told this statement is harassment but harassment would be to say that he's a right-wing shill. He isn't, he's just a victim of them.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Danielle
As for the debate, it was a landslide victory for Biden, at no single point did Trump's logic or quality of speech even come close. Trump was a caveman in both etiquette and content.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
I never said people are being paid to protest, they are looking to cash in on lawsuits by harassing the police and inciting a reaction.

This is why people travel across states to throw shit at cops just to have the opportunity to cash in. Crime pays well.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
MisterChris is deluded and brainwashed by right wing propaganda and I will be told this statement is harassment but harassment would be to say that he's a right-wing shill. He isn't, he's just a victim of them.

I hope this comment isn't to imply that I didn't see fault in Trump either. I could make a new, entirely separate list for him. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
In fact, now that you mention it, I probably will
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Still waiting.

Green New Deal being deemed bad is curious too but I expect nothing less nonsensical from a right-wing 'libertarian' (you can't have liberty when the rich ruthlessly rule the poor so I put it in quotation marks).
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Green New Deal being deemed bad is curious too.

So why did Biden condemn the Green New Deal?
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@RationalMadman
Biden legit said he didn't support the GND and supported "the biden plan" or whatever he said.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Your right-wing brethren are saying Biden didn't endorse the green new deal, now the question is who is lying.

Either way around, we have a climate change denier on one side and someone trying to stop it on the other... I side with Biden.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@oromagi
If we judge a person's ability of being a president based on debating, then you can run for the president.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
@Crocodile
Your right-wing brethren are saying Biden didn't endorse the green new deal, now the question is who is lying.

Let's just say that the "Biden plan" is basically the same. Even according to CNN, the only difference is not providing "jobs for every American" and a few other welfare benefits.

Facts First: This needs context. Biden's campaign website does say the resolution is a "crucial framework" for addressing climate change, but his own plan differs in several ways from the GND. In particular, Biden's plan does not include some of the GND's proposed economic actions such as guaranteeing a job for every American.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Either way around, we have a clime change denier on one side and someone trying to stop it on the other... I side with Biden.

Biden's policy operates under the framework that the United States is not doing enough.

The truth is the opposite: the US has long subjected itself to large amounts of domestic action regarding climate change.
As the AEI states: 
“carbon emissions from energy use from the US are the lowest since 1992” and “in 2017, the US had the largest decline in CO2 emissions in the world for the 9th time this century.” 
Forbes shows in 2018, 
“Over the past decade, the U.S. has decreased annual carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 800 million tons. This is by far the most of any country in the world, and is primarily a result of shifting coal-fired power to natural gas and renewables.”

On the flip side, AEI furthers that “China and India accounted for nearly half (212.2 million tons) of the increase in global carbon emissions (426.4 million tons).” In fact, China alone accounts for more emissions than the EU and the US combined.

In other words, while the US is making efforts to lower emissions domestically through regulation, emissions in other nations such as China have been increasing dramatically. The reason for this underscores the key problem with domestic action regarding climate change: outsourcing of pollution.

Let me explain: when nations like the US implement new regulations on industries to keep their domestic emissions down, these industries simply outsource their production into nations with more lax regulations to keep prices low and profits high. In China, you can hire employees less than a tenth of the price of their average U.S. counterparts, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and China’s air standards are so lax that air pollution is killing 1 million people a year, research from CUHK shows.

The result is fairly obvious: when these jobs and production lines are outsourced to China the gas emissions that come with them are also outsourced. In this way, companies simply bypass domestic regulation and produce even more emissions out of their home country since they no longer have to worry about regulation. 

Extensive research has been done on this. 
A recent report from Dr. Hasanbeigi concluded that:

“around 25% of global CO2 emissions are embodied in imported goods, thus escaping attribution in the consuming country (the end user) and instead being debited at the producer side. And we clearly see that the proportion of embodied emissions has been growing. Since carbon intensity varies between countries, as new climate policies emerge, the loophole could be widened further. The shifting of air pollution provides a worrying example: despite strong, successful air quality legislation in the U.S. and EU starting in the 1970s, global air pollution in total has continued to grow.”

Thus, it is fairly easy to see why these domestic policies are all-around harmful: they hurt the economy by killing US jobs, while also providing the environment with even more emissions than they would have with simply staying within the US.

So let me ask, what is better? For you to elect the guy that will choke business and cause them to simply outsource their pollution, or to elect the guy that incentivizes innovation, especially in the Green sector. If we don't choke businesses, they will develop Green technology more quickly because, lo and behold, there is more demand for it in the US than in China or India.  Consider that Tesla moved from California to Texas to continue developing their GREEN vehicle technology because of California's crippling policy. That is a mini-model of what will happen under a Biden presidency. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
I genuinely don't understand what you think you just disproved but if China is what you model your environment management by, then it explains why we disagree so much.

China is bottom of the barrel.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@RationalMadman
Not at all. I'm saying we are good with what we have done right now. There is no benefit in crippling ourselves and acting like the US alone can stop worldwide climate change. Our efforts would be better focused on making sure other countries follow our lead. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
Anyway here's the list RM asked for:

- Trump's responses often didn't even address the core contention or line of reasoning Biden presented. He just said "nuh uh" and looked like an idiot.
- He didn't give a straight answer to the "do you condemn white supremacy?" bit. I understand why he was mad at that obviously bs question, but at least give a straight answer, and THEN push back on it. 
- One word: interrupting. Seriously, wtf?
- He didn't do a very good job refuting Biden on healthcare. 
- He spent the whole time going after Biden's son. I'm aware it's a scandal, but I don't see how it relates to the presidency.

Crocodile
Crocodile
Biden won the debate.

Both did absolutely AWFUL.

it's not a good thing if you won a debate that shouldn't be considered a debate at all.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@MisterChris
Trump is a white supremacist and called them (white supremacists) good people, why would he be mad that someone noticed it?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Crocodile
Biden legit said he didn't support the GND and supported "the biden plan" or whatever he said.
He said the GND is not his plan and then he goes on a rant about how the GND is cost effective. If that’s not his plan why talk about it? His own website says he uses the GND as a framework 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Crocodile
Hillary won all the Debates as well.

For Trump, debates are not meant to be won, they are an opportunity to keep the opponent from getting ANY airtime on MSM.