Posts in total: 49
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Debates: 39
    Forum posts: 1,408
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    I mean, I don't deserve to be killed if I just stole some ordinary guy's wallet. Crimes has weight and I doubt Breonna Taylor is guilty enough for death penalty.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    Unless you are outright white supremacist, I think you should know the difference between a small misdemeanor and a large crime. A murder of 200 people can warrant for death penalty. What Breonna Taylor did doesn't.
  • Crocodile
    Crocodile avatar
    Debates: 18
    Forum posts: 872
    Crocodile avatar
    Crocodile
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    ye 
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 8,289
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @Crocodile
    ye ye
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @Intelligence_06
    she was supporting the shootout and was part of a drug ring
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    alright then
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @Intelligence_06
    look the court got it 100%, i dont think we need to go back on it but i appreciate high effort posts like this

Unless you are outright white supremacist
    im not quite sure why this was issued in the thread
  • bmdrocks21
    bmdrocks21 avatar
    Debates: 5
    Forum posts: 1,704
    bmdrocks21 avatar
    bmdrocks21
    --> @Intelligence_06
    I mean, I don't deserve to be killed if I just stole some ordinary guy's wallet. Crimes has weight and I doubt Breonna Taylor is guilty enough for death penalty.
    When your boyfriend starts shooting at cops, then that's kinda what happens. She wasn't shot for aiding a drug dealer. Had he not tried to kill a bunch of cops, everything would have gone peacefully. But no, it is always "THE COPS KILLED HER OVER DRUGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE. THEY SHOULDN'T DO THATTTTTT"
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @bmdrocks21
    It is at most her bf who deserved punishment. Breonna Taylor shot no cops.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @bmdrocks21
    It is unrealistic for "Just obey the law", or "expect police killings duh", because Breonna taylor did nothing that deserves death.
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 13
    Forum posts: 2,572
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Intelligence_06
    I agree that BLM is a counter-intuitive slogan.

I also agree that ALM is more appropriate where equality is concerned.

I'm not sure what "extreme equality" might be, because as I see it equality is either equality or not.

Extreme equality would seem to just reverse the polarities of inequality, which I suppose you might say is what the BLM slogan inadvertently or even deliberately does.

Which brings me nicely back to Animal Farm.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    As a "fan" of Billie Eilish, I find it completely ironic at her criticism of "All lives matter", as she says "Stop making everything about you".

Black people are making the movement about themselves, or it at least appears so, because "Black lives matter" as the title does not include other minorities. Changing one word isn't that hard.

Stop making everything about you, Black people. We never said you don't matter when we said All lives matter. You are lives, you matter. There are other groups of people that need help just like you, the LGBT, the Muslim immigrants... Black lives matter isn't enough. All lives matter. All of them. Change the slogan. This isn't just about black people.

We should not generally use the interpretation of whoever is a part of a movement to judge the whole phrase and generally redefining it. If so, then anything anyone finds offensive could be banned or canceled, eventually, there isn't anything left. I mean, I am not even asking you to obey the laws made by someone who may or may not be corrupt. I am just asking you to understand your language maybe a little better: All means all. All doesn't mean the exclusion of blacks. Stop using a comic that misinterprets the issue like White people misinterprets BLM as "Only black lives matter!?" to determine what you trust. That is logically disproven alright. 
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 13
    Forum posts: 2,572
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Intelligence_06
    Of course, whether lives matter or not is actually a question we do not know the answer to.

And we are all selectively moral and biased in our regard for life anyway.

And that's assuming that morality might actually mean something.

It's interesting how people of "mixed parentage" tend to assume blackness....Maybe black is the default setting.

A few thousand years from now, if humanity survives.  I suspect that the human species will have on the whole, reverted to type B.

There might still be a few of them there rednecks hiding in the back woods somewhere....That's assuming that there are still some backwoods left to hide in of course.

Though B as it currently stands is more representative of origin, and far less to do with skin tone.

14 days later

• Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    People say: “Black lives matter doesn’t mean other lives don’t”

I say, “BLM is correct doesn’t mean other statements, especially ones that convey the same meaning, is not.”

I will say it again: if you support BLM but think ALM is incorrect, go educate yourself on the nature of language that you are using.
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit avatar
    Debates: 9
    Forum posts: 3,974
    Discipulus_Didicit
    Rich Lives Matter.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    Yes. I love being the bourgeoisie, as long as I don’t actively suppress the proletariat. We want a world that is OK to be poor, not NOT OK to be rich.
  • Crocodile
    Crocodile avatar
    Debates: 18
    Forum posts: 872
    Crocodile avatar
    Crocodile
    once again, the problem with ALM, is that it's not taken for what it means.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Crocodile
    Agreed. That is the status quo we need to change.

• Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @Crocodile
    once again, the problem with ALM, is that it's not taken for what it means.
    The problem is that not all lives matter. Name one poor person whose life matters.
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    40th president of Uruguay.
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @Intelligence_06
    is he poor?
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Discipulus_Didicit
    Yes he is poor. All he had is about $1,125 and a VW beetle. Looks like the normal poor person except he rules the nation.
  • Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    --> @Intelligence_06
    Yes he is poor. 
    Doesn't matter then.
  • bronskibeat
    bronskibeat avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 6
    bronskibeat avatar
    bronskibeat
    --> @Intelligence_06
    As a "fan" of Billie Eilish, I find it completely ironic at her criticism of "All lives matter", as she says "Stop making everything about you".

Black people are making the movement about themselves, or it at least appears so, because "Black lives matter" as the title does not include other minorities. Changing one word isn't that hard.

Stop making everything about you, Black people. We never said you don't matter when we said All lives matter. You are lives, you matter. There are other groups of people that need help just like you, the LGBT, the Muslim immigrants... Black lives matter isn't enough. All lives matter. All of them. Change the slogan. This isn't just about black people.

As someone who doesn't really follow Billie Eilish, I think the idea behind her statement may be that we live in a society that has often ignored many issues that are big within the black community, and has centered white people (there are benefits to being apart of a majority). So, white people being offended that something doesn't include their experiences comes across as hypocritical and unnecessary.

Black Lives Matter is about shedding light on prevalent in the black community. The problem with "All Lives Matter" is that, while it's true, it's not specific enough. If an organization becomes too broad in what it's trying to accomplish then it becomes very easy for people within the minority of that organization to fall through the cracks. We have organizations like the ACLU that cover the "All Lives Matter" approach. We have the Human Rights Campaign that centers LGBT issues, American Immigration Council that focuses specifically on issues that immigrants face, Muslim Advocates which centers anti-Muslim bigotry, etc. 

Issues and experiences that are prevalent in one community may not be prevalent in all communities so it's helpful to have multiple organizations that can speak in detail to the specific issues a particular community might face. Back to ACLU, they have included police brutality in their fight since the 1950s, but that's not all they focus on. They focus on many issues that affect many different communities, and it's important and beneficial work. Yet, in recent years, their campaigns have not make the same impact that Black Lives Matter did in regards to racism in law enforcement/legal system/society. Black Lives Matter influenced the ACLU on re-centering issues of racism in law enforcement/legal system, and ACLU has been a big support to BLM. It helps to have organizations/movements that center specific issues to make impact and change. These organizations can also work along side each other. 

Black Lives Matter has also been active in issues affecting immigration, LGBTQ, non-black victims of police brutality, etc. At the end of the day, actions speak louder than words. If you're getting hung up on the name, then you don't (and some are resistant to) understand the context.