Read-only
Total: 285
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
I think Oro is smart enough to do basic Anime research?
Your point is?

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
I know and if he does that's cool but I don't scum read him at all

So soft-claiming a cop DP1 pretty obviously is not alarming?
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
You think that he could only know L if that was his character. I think it's more likely that this is a town fake claim
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
So soft-claiming a cop DP1 pretty obviously is not alarming?
Firstly, he's a DETECTIVE, which means Oro would be a role cop, not a cop. Secondly, I don't actually believe that he's a role cop or a cop lol
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
Let me give you the options.

A. He was town and hinted a power role stupidly. But we've already established Oro is smart.

B. He is scum and playing us like a fiddle. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
I think it's more likely that this is a town fake claim
You mean like if he is BP and is trying to attract scum for the night phase?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@MisterChris
You mean like if he is BP and is trying to attract scum for the night phase?
Perhaps

A. He was town and hinted a power role stupidly. But we've already established Oro is smart.

Oro is a bit more conservative as scum, I don't see him pulling this
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Speedrace
Perhaps
I consider that plausible. It sounds like an Oro move. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
I'm going to wait to unvote to see how Oro responds. But my read is closer to FoS now. 
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Okay so honestly the fact that this whole DP has revolved around a player's profile picture is stupid. That said I think because of it we've gotten some decent analysis.

Danielle is probably town. I feel like she wouldn't come in and shit on everyone and lead a lynch as mafia. She's both aggressive and skilled enough to do it if she wanted to, but why bother when the DP was floundering and we weren't going anywhere substantive?

Speed is also town for the same reason Danielle townread him. The fake miller claim was bad (sorry speed) but felt like a genuine attempt to get some sort of conversation going. The execution was also bad because why admit it before anyone bothered to really say anything about it, but feels like a townie who is afraid of it getting out of hand.

As far as the profile picture goes, yes, oro has not seen Death Note. That makes it a bit weird that he chose a Death Note character for his profile picture. But Death Note, like I just said, is one of the most popular anime out there and L is the main antagonist. He's not some weird side character. It's not even like he's a secondary character like Near or Mello. The entire plot of the show is a conflict between Light and L. So yes, it's a bit weird, but I disagree that it's as if he plucked some obscure character from a random show.

That is all to say Oro could easily be soft claiming an investigative role. At this point with so much of the focus of the DP being on him he definitely needs to full claim and we can go from there.
warren42
warren42

Uh...

A. Yeah, I'd like to think Oro isn't that dumb. Maybe he didn't understand how popular Death Note is or how obvious that would be if he's trying to soft claim an investigative role, but I don't think A is realistic.

B. How is he playing us like a fiddle if he's the main wagon? That makes absolutely no sense.

C. He could be town trying to draw the mafia NK. Maybe he's a vanilla and wanted to subtly hint at it without having to claim, hoping mafia "catches on" and kills him.

I don't even care at this point, we need a full claim so we can proceed with the rest of the game
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@warren42
A. Agreed. I don't think it is realistic. 

B. You know what I meant. We spent the majority of the day phase consistently reading him as a town power role without questioning it until Danielle came along.

C. This was Speed's theory and I agree it's plausible. It's what has lowered my read to more of a FoS. Like you, though, I still want  him to claim. 
warren42
warren42
I will say that if oro is mafia I'm gonna start to suspect skittlez a bit. Almost seems like oro may have planned it as a subtle fake claim and skittlez drew attention to it so oro didn't have to himself

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
I care more about others than I do myself, and I won't let anyone hurt them

Danielle- 1/6- Oromagi
supadudz- 1/6- Bearman
Oromagi- 3/6- Danielle, Misterchris, skillez09

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
I will say that if oro is mafia I'm gonna start to suspect skittlez a bit. Almost seems like oro may have planned it as a subtle fake claim and skittlez drew attention to it so oro didn't have to himself
I feel like skittlez wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole as mafia lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
2 hours and 20 minutes remaining.
warren42
warren42
VTL Oro
warren42
warren42
Also before this becomes a big deal in Supa's game I'll be changing my PFP to an ATLA (or maybe TLOK) character, don't read into it. I'm thinking Appa or Iroh at the moment but it could be anyone
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
nobody hammer 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@skittlez09
At least not yet. If he doesn't say anything within next 30 mins I'm ok with a lynch. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@skittlez09
oh wait. The time is in CST. Nevermind we have longer than I thought
Danielle
Danielle
Oro choosing to change his picture to that character was intentional because he has not seen that show. If he changed it to one of his fave characters or a character from his fave show, that would be one thing. But picking a character you don't know is trying to reveal something. So he's either mafia trying to gain town cred with a fake claim, or a dumb townie who would out having a power role. If it's the latter, he needs to outright claim before we give him all of these potential fake claim options... though I guess it's too late for that. Let's just see where he goes with this.  I would say not to hammer. We've already gotten some insight out of this wagon but I don't wanna elaborate yet. 
Danielle
Danielle
warren do you have any scum reads or a just lean town pile? 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Even if we painstakingly piece together something lost, it doesn't mean things will ever go back to how they were...

Danielle- 1/6- Oromagi
supadudz- 1/6- Bearman
Oromagi- 4/6- Danielle, Misterchris, skillez09, warren42

Danielle
Danielle
Btw warren I did not shit on everyone :P I just said there was not much analysis this DP beyond whether or not to lynch me for my inactivity. I admit I can be inactive but usually not when I know the game has started, and I hadn't signed on yet so clearly I was unaware. I was killed on DP1 two games ago for this.  I was killed NP1 last game after being among the most active last DP1. So I resented the false claim that I am always inactive and the focus being on me (again) as if that was helpful. It did not progress the day phase. There were other things to focus on and MisterChris is the only one who seemed to realize that, although I do think it's odd he didn't find Oro's power role claim inherently scummy. Perhaps it's because Oro "soft claims in every game" as some of you have said, but if that's true, then I disagree with Speed that this would be an aggressive mafia tactic for Oro because it would be part of his town meta. He could say "I was soft claiming with my profile pic as I always do." So regardless he should just full claim ASAP at this point.
Danielle
Danielle
Someone should look into Lunatic's quotes in case they mean something. 
warren42
warren42
-->
@Danielle

As far as reads, so far I’ve skimmed up to page 6 or so. From what I’ve gathered  I just think the tunneling of inactivity on DP1 is kind of pathetic. Nothing says “I’m a weak ass little mafia player with nothing  to contribute” than harping on a player who hasn’t even signed on yet. Do better. There is a criteria for tunneling inactivity and I don’t think I meet it - everyone knows that once I’m AWARE the game is on, I am active. 

And Oromagi sounds like an idiot saying I haven’t posted in the last three games when #1 that’s not true and #2 I was KILLED FIRST IN DAY OR NIGHT PHASE ONE dumb ass lol. I also think the fact that he changed his profile pic to something that seems to resonate with y’all is completely and utterly meaningless - I have no idea why anyone would town read that. I would be more likely to scum read that but I wouldn’t say I “scum read” him or anyone for now.
I dunno haha
(Good news btw. I checked my role PM and I'm town, so I can finally help since the rest of ya'll haven't done shit but complain about my inactivity. Fortunately for ya'll I'm here and will probably contribute more in this single post than the rest of you put together so far). 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@warren42
I see your point ... oopsies. But it's true >_> 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Danielle
Someone should look into Lunatic's quotes in case they mean something. 
Just random anime qoutes, no meaning whatsoever.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Danielle
I really doubt they mean anything.

As far as scum reads I said that I think if Oro is scum then skittlez doesn't look great for pointing it out, it might be like a set/spike attempt or skittlez might have pointed it out on his own.

I also think whoever unvoted oro when he was at like 3 so that we didn't hammer is a little suspicious if oro flips scum