You really want to vote for Hidin’ Biden?

Author: fauxlaw

Total: 328
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot
Tell me where Trumpy is going to get support in Congress for abolishing loopholes? 

He campaigned on taking down Establishment politicians. Are you saying he can't or that he won't? Is he a liar or ignorant to how government works? 

You do make a good point about Congress not helping seeing as how Trump also failed to deliver on his border wall promises and of course repealing the ACA. The only thing they really helped him on was tax cuts which Republicans have supported all along. So it looks like Trump has been useless as a maverick "anti politician" and didn't accomplish anything that any other Republican president and Congress could do. Shocking. 

I just want to know if your position is that Trump is corrupt or inept though. I think it's both. You? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Is he a liar or ignorant to how government works? 

Absolutely the latter. You can tell from Trump's early forays with Congress that he truly had no idea that Congress (both parties) says one thing but votes another thing.

There was a time when he thought he could work with Pelosi. Pelosi smashed his aspirations like melted ice cream from her fridge. The slow transformation of Trump from cautious optimist to absolute cynic when dealing with D.C. Congress reads like a modern-day Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. It's sad but inevitable.

Trump has been the most investigated president in the history of US presidents for corruption. I can comfortably say it's more likely than not that he isn't corrupt to any notable degree.

ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
He campaigned on taking down Establishment
politicians. Are you saying he can't or that he won't?

I see some dropping like flies. Flake, Corker, Roberts, Donnelly, McCaskill, Nelson. Bushes are irrelevant just like the Clintons. You go against Trump, he’ll make your life hell. Murkowski will be primaried 2022.

Y’all need to take care of the Democratic side. Trump can’t do anything about that 🤷‍♂️
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
You forgot McCain.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
You forgot McCain.
Oh ya I forgot the biggest RINO of them all, the Hanoi Songbird
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
You go against Trump, he’ll make your life hell.

So if Trump has all of this control over Congress, then why did he completely and utterly fail to repeal any of the "Wall Street elite" tax breaks?  Explain. 
Danielle
Danielle
And lol at calling John McCain a "RINO" because he disagreed with Trump. Trump is a fucking RINO. 

He's an anti capitalist who rails against the economic system Republicans have been championing since Reagan.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
So if Trump has all of this control over Congress,

He needs to get a majority in the House and a filibuster proof Senate.

The last time that happened, Obamacare was rammed down our throats where they had to make it a law before we were allowed to see what it was.

Let's hope Trump isn't like Obama in that regard should 2020 flip the Congress.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Greyparrot

The last time that happened, Obamacare was rammed down our throats where they had to make it a law before we were allowed to see what it was.

Um, yeah we both know Trump has no integrity and has bragged about the authoritarian capabilities of his office (sometimes misunderstanding those too) so we have no reason to believe Trump or a Republican-controlled Congress wouldn't "ram things down our throat" if they had the political power to do so, just like they are doing with Judge Barrett. 

You said "There was a time when he thought he could work with Pelosi. Pelosi smashed his aspirations like melted ice cream from her fridge." What are you referring to specifically? It doesn't seem like Trump became a cynic AFTER getting to Washington when literally his entire campaign was predicated on shitting all over establishment politicians and whining about how ineffective Congress was. Then he suddenly gets elected and "discovers" politicians are difficult? That's nonsensical. 

As far as corruption goes, I guess you don't find blatant conflicts of interest inherently corrupt. I'm on the fence about that but in Trump's case I think the corruption is pretty clear. Business dealings with him and his kids aside, and government staff + foreign dignitaries staying at Trump resorts and so on and so forth, he has not made closing any loopholes a priority. He hasn't brought it up at all. He used that "anti elite" rhetoric as a talking point to get poor white Southerners on board with him, cuz they're too stupid to realize he IS one of those elites and doesn't give a flying fuck about them.

Trump rightly identified that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and no supporter would care. That's why he gets away with all of these campaign promise failures whereas with any other politician he would say it's proof of their incompetence. Obama didn't have EITHER branch of government on his side for the majority of his presidency, but that didn't stop Trump from tweeting nonsense about him like an ignorant douchebag. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Then he suddenly gets elected and "discovers" politicians are difficult? That's nonsensical. 

Then explain the thumbs down vote from McCain.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Danielle
So if Trump has all of this control over Congress, then why did he completely and utterly fail to repeal any of the "Wall Street elite" tax breaks?  Explain. 
Cause of your side and the fact that it takes time lol

And lol at calling John McCain a "RINO" because he disagreed with Trump. Trump is a fucking RINO.
Yaaaaa no. McCain and Romney are losers who can’t stand that they lost. Trump has brought a lot of the white working class voters that formed the base of the Democratic Party. All you have to look at is Luzerne, Lackawanna, Erie counties in PA. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot

People have short memories and don’t understand how the Senate works.

People right now never condemn Obama for shoving down Obamacare down the throats of Americans. Voters luckily destroyed him in the House of Representatives, Governorships and State Legislatures.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
Sure they know how it works, otherwise, the Democrats wouldn't have lost so many Congressional seats over the Obamacare bullshit.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
Sure they know how it works, otherwise, the Democrats wouldn't have lost so many Congressional seats over the Obamacare bullshit.
If Donald Trump loses, and Dems get Congress, they’re gonna pack the court, add 4 Democratic Senate seats. Legalize 7-12 million illegals. Good luck to the GOP
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Danielle
Trump rightly identified that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and no supporter would care. 

Trumpy has said thousands of ridiculous things which he prefaces with a nebulous disclaimer "they say...<insert stupid joke remark>"

It's an annoying foible, but something I really do not give a flying fuck about in the grand scheme of things to give a fuck about.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
If Donald Trump loses, and Dems get Congress, they’re gonna pack the court, add 4 Democratic Senate seats. Legalize 7-12 million illegals. Good luck to the GOP

Better brush up on your Mandarin then.

Ni Hao.
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@ILikePie5
Cause of your side and the fact that it takes time lol

My side? I only voted for a Democrat once in my life and it was in 2018. If you look back on DDO you'll find me shitting on Democrats and the left  more than Republicans and the right. It's just that Trump supporters are mind bogglingly stupid. 

Yaaaaa no. McCain and Romney are losers

I agree but John McCain is not a RINO. So. 

Trump has brought a lot of the white working class voters that formed the base of the Democratic Party.

He's lost some of them too. But let's acknowledge the reason so many working class voters supported the Democratic Party was because of the GOP promoting free trade. Are all of the Republicans who suddenly did a 180 in support of Trump RINOs now too? 

I gotta go for now 

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Danielle
You may think that Biden's Senate voting record on taxing is a dumb argument ["the dumbest"], but, you should acknowledge the facts and the truth [both, since Hidin' Biden seems to think they are different concepts]. So, the facts and the truth: over just the last ten years of his 36-year Senate career [frankly, I tired of looking further because his voting record on tax bills is sufficient for just 1/3 of his career], he voted on a total of 24 separate tax bills. I'd say that meets the claim I originally made: "Biden did have much to do with making them [tax loopholes] being in the Senate for nearly 40 years." Seems someone is saying "Joe Biden has been in Congress for a long time; therefore, is responsible for everything that is wrong with government," but I didn't say that, did I? Did I say tax loopholes aere what is wrong with government? No. I've just quoted what I said. In fact, you said it, didn't you? Argue for your limitations; they're yours.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Yes, Biden lied repeatedly about never saying anything about blacks being predators [he did on the Senate floor in 1994 while lobbying for the Crime Bill], about never advocating getting rid of fracking [he told a young woman during a primary rally in Sept 2019 to "look in my eyes," followed by his commitment to eliminate fracking], and about his son never doing anything wrong in business deals while Biden was VP [he used to deny any business deals were ever made, but had changed his tune]. But the line that sold me that Biden is all wrong for America is his response to Trump, who said, "We must learn to live with the virus." Biden replied, "No, we must learn to die with it." Foot-in-mouth, and may-I-have-another all wrapped into a single comment. Real confidence building, too. Tell me how you do not panic when told we must learn to die. This guy hasn't a clue about what controversies spill from his mouth. The man was trounced tonight. Trump, once again, was in a 2-on-1. The moderator interrupted Trump at east 24 times, interrupted Biden twice. Trump wiped the stage with her, too. So where is Joe tomorrow. Back to lids by 10am? Back to the basement? This is going to get old real quick for Oba'a.
By the way, let's remember a famous quote from Biden in H1N1 days [or N1H1 if you're Biden]: You can do everything right and still be 30% wrong." Then everything wasn't right, was it? Can't prove it to Biden; his paranoid dyslexic tongue is alive and well
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
What a genius Joe Biden is in foreign policy to have engineered this expanding peace agreements between various countries and Israel to the point of agreement, one after the other, for creating diplomatic relations. In some cases, they have never existed before. Not to mention the brilliant stroke of recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's true capital, keeping the decades-old promise to locate the US embassy there. Yes. Biden is a brilliant man.

Oh, wait. I err. These are not accomplishments of the Oba'a/Biden administration, are they. Much like their sloth economy, slouching more slowly than any other repression in history, this growing peace was not of their doing. The Arab spring resulted in a different outcome. This is Trump's doing. This is his sleight of hand; the gestures he is known for during his entire adult life. This is not merely the gesture of a President, but a brilliant business mind that accepts that business should cunduct across across all boundaries; not just with those who express their affection for the USA.

Joe Biden is not, and will not be that genius. That ability is not expressed merely by an election. No. That brilliance is not the result of acclaim by the people, but by personal ambition, planning, and execution. Skills Biden lacks in spades.
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@fauxlaw
Joe Biden is not, and will not be that genius. That ability is not expressed merely by an election. No. That brilliance is not the result of acclaim by the people, but by personal ambition, planning, and execution. Skills Biden lacks in spades.
lol trump has run tons of businesses into the ground. He gets sued over and over. He doesn't accomplish things by being brilliant. He accomplishes things by grifting and hiring other (much smarter people than him) to do it for him because he is a dumbass. But as president, he filled posts based on how much they kiss his ass, not how intelligent they are. Which is why his entire administration has been one train wreck after another. 

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
Considering all of the problems of America, we need someone as "radical" as Bernie, who, in any Europe wouldn't be radical at all. He'd be a pretty typical guy on the left.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
Remember that every taxpayer owes $217,612 on the US Debt.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@fauxlaw
But the line that sold me that Biden is all wrong for America is his response to Trump, who said, "We must learn to live with the virus." Biden replied, "No, we must learn to die with it." Foot-in-mouth, and may-I-have-another all wrapped into a single comment.
If this is the part of the debate that I remember, the actual rebuttal to Trump who said "We are learning to live with it" from Biden was "People are learning to die with it". In otherwords, this is a repudiation of Trump's callous attitude in handling the virus. Hopefully this clarification eases your mind on that particular point anyway.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
Which candidate is most likely to reform the Congress. Joe or Don?

Cause that's been the real problem for 47 years. Congressional dereliction. They can't even get a stimulus check passed.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@dustryder
If this is the part of the debate that I remember, the actual rebuttal to Trump who said "We are learning to live with it" from Biden was "People are learning to die with it"

There's no distinction really. Either people are going to go back to work or they are going to wait for the Marxist revolt in the bunker. But at least they will know the risks.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@dustryder
Trump's callous attitude
Trump shutdown travel from China and Europe within 10 days of the first US virus case.
Trump encouraged response from private industry to manufacture ventilators, masks, and protection for front-line health workers.
Trump initiated daily update news conferences to keep us informed.
Trump distributed a four-phase attack and recovery stategy
Trump accelerated the effort to achieve a vaccine in record time.
Trump provided emergency tents for Covid treatment.
Trump dispatched two retrofitted hospital ships to NYC and LA.

Callous? I think the callouses cover your eyes and ears. Wake up.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
Seeing as how this is a government of separation of powers, I submit that the President, regardless of who occupies the Oval, has not the constitution power, nor mandate to reform Congress, which would require a constitutional amendment, but that's not the solution, either. Nor is term limits. Already, the entire government wholly turns itself over on average in less than eleven years. That physician must heal itself.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@fauxlaw
I should have clarified...support reform of Congress.
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@Greyparrot
That's better, but again, does congressional reform need a constitutional amendment, and support of just that that unique, and probably fruitless effort? I don't. I believe, in a sense, the founders knew that Congress would be contentious. It is, after all, now a body of 535 people. Never in history has that many people been of one mind. That's democracy for you. It isn't easy, but it's worth it.