All Hail! King Ragnar!

Author: oromagi

Total: 46
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@RationalMadman
I am going to go out on a limb here in support of RM even though RM & I have had our disagreements, but I don't mind disagreements. I do mind Mods who put a thumb on the scale by, like Chris Wallace, entering a debate instead of merely voting.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@RationalMadman
IS your profile picture Titan version of Eren Yeager?
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunatic
It's the character Oromagi had prior to Light Yagami.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Actually, my L pfp garnered a fair amount of attention.  I would say my best received pfp was Wong 4 Marvel Week but L was second best received.  It did get me to watch a few eps which were pretty good
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@Barney
Thank you for your service to the formal debate community
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Sum1hugme
Thanks! And thank you for debating, without quality debates, there would be no purpose to being here.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
You just made it to the #2 debater position. Congratulations!
Barney
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
It feels kinda good. I know it won’t last, but with how long Ram’s been gone, finally slugging past his records is a nice milestone.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Slainte!

9 days later

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@David
@Barney
@oromagi
Read about Ragnar's achievement here.
Barney
Barney
-->
@SirAnonymous
Ragnar Passes Ramshutu to become the Number One Voter
By Conspi Theo

Ragnar passed Ramshutu’s record of 634 votes to become the number one voter on DART. At the time of this writing, he has reached a jaw-dropping 644 votes. However, all is not as it seems. Just nine days ago, he removed two votes on a debate. This slip-up exposes the reality behind his “record”: he’s achieved it by abusing his powers as a moderator to remove others’ votes. Why, you ask? Because he wants to appear as though he’s doing everyone on the site a great service with his votes, when he’s really a corrupt tyrant! He only got to first place by removing everyone else’s votes because he wanted all the credit for himself! In fact, he probably didn’t even write his own votes. That one time he removed those votes is proof that he is too lazy to actually vote enough to take the record, and being lazy is proof that he hasn’t written his own votes. The conclusion is unavoidable: Ragnar has been removing other people’s votes and copy-pasting their RFDs as his own. This completely speculative, baseless argument is unassailable proof of his corruption. Join me in my brave stand against this villain by doing absolutely nothing beyond complaining in contexts where I’m absolutely certain he won’t do anything about it. Together, we can stop this corruption!

Conspi Theo is a biblical scholar and scientist who lives on his own in the West Virginia forests, where he spends his time attempting to track down new, large, bipedal species of apes. When he isn’t researching, he operates a business that sells custom items made of tinfoil, including a wildly popular series of hats.
All true! Additionally, I totally banned everyone who was close to beating Ram's record before me!
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Barney
I knew it! 

11 days later

Barney
Barney
Regarding: #28
But how can we know if RM wrote his above posts, or if Ragnar secretly fabricated them? 🤯🤯🤯

Maybe RM can imbed some secret code in all his posts, something like a username, to verify which ones he wrote and which Ragnar made up?

As I am the author, I passed judgement along to anyone in the moderation channel. I outright offer to ban myself if that's what anyone there deemed appropriate. This was the only response:
The fact it's a sarcastic diss in of itself pretty much disqualifies it from being a CoC violation. You would have to be pretty brazen to cross the line into harassment in my book.
-MisterChris
-Ragnar, DM
Barney
Barney
And as a site user, in response to whomever reported my post...

If you have not read the CoC, read it! Particularly that part that states: "criticising statements within an ongoing discussion, is fair game."
If you have read it but don't know what words mean, do yourself a huge favor and take an adult basic literacy class.

RM has repeatedly alternated between denying the very existence of those posts authored by RM, claiming I fabricated them, and of course taking pride basically claiming that since he's so amazing it doesn't count as a CoC violation when he wantonly violates the CoC.

I'm well within my rights to mock his choice to do that, particularly when he's intentionally violating the targeted harassment rule via making obsessive attempts to derail unrelated topics with impertinent grudges.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Barney
Are you handling reports to your own forum posts?

Is my report function completely removed or am I blind? I see like and reply and that is it.

It is also pretty cringe to make CoC violations public, I guess you couldn't tell him in private messages that I will ban you if you carry on. If you did and he carries on then ban him. Pretty unprofessional but guess I'm not a moderator so what do I know.

Barney
Barney
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Are you handling reports to your own forum posts?
See #43. The ruling on how to handle it was not decided by me.

Is my report function completely removed or am I blind? I see like and reply and that is it.
It is ever so slightly possible you have lost your quick report privileges. If it's a concern, you should check your PMs for some reason why. If no message about such from a core moderator is there, then please message one of us to troubleshoot the problem.

It is also pretty cringe to make CoC violations public,
CoC violations are made public by the offenders doing them in public... However, when addressing them we usually first try light handed PMs, before slowly escalating if the problems continue.