LOL
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Town pile: Warren, pie, greyparrot, whiteflame
Why?

Was your mafia comment a joke, a reaction test, or the former that unintentionally had the results of the latter?

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
I think he's just making a joke, I don't think it's a gambit.
I don't think it's a joke given the fact that he hasn't let it go. I just think it's weird that he's sussed literally everyone who's reacted to it with the exception of you (and maybe Pie but I can't remember if he reacted or not). If anything I think we should ignore him because this is pretty anti-town
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Why?

Was your mafia comment a joke, a reaction test, or the former that unintentionally had the results of the latter?

I was gonna wait til skittlez and danielle posted, but they are taking to long, and I think I've got some behavioral stuff to analyze with this so I will partial claim:

I have information in my role PM that tells me there are 3 mafia in this game. 2 share a PM, and the third one is not in the PM. I asked supa if mafia knew that my role existed, he said they do not. So my idea was to claim I was mafia right off the bat to see how scum would react, because the 2 in the PM are probably flabbegasted at the strategy if they think I am scum "Like bro we get it, your telling us your scum, stfu already."

I think the 4 reactions in particular were very valuable in regards to this information. Speedrace and misterchris, like myself, are very prone to upvote posts, so the fact that the post I wrote was upvoted makes me think that was one of them trying to say "yeah, we got the signal bro". 

I feel like the natural town response would be to assume that I was doing some town RVS thing or joking, so the people who mostly ignored it or didn't say anything about it are probably town I think. 

Bearman's response was one of the wierdest, but similar to croc it could just be him commenting the obvious. 

What do you think of this?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
Is your character Iroh?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
Is your character Iroh?
Unfortunately not :(
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Speedrace and misterchris, like myself, are very prone to upvote posts, so the fact that the post I wrote was upvoted makes me think that was one of them trying to say "yeah, we got the signal bro". 
I've literally never upvoted a post in my entire life. Like literally I'm not even kidding lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
I've literally never upvoted a post in my entire life. Like literally I'm not even kidding lol
I guess I would have no way of verifying if this is true lol. Already as soon as I posted the above, one of the 2 upvotes on my post just got removed. The fact that upvotes can be removed is silly, because if the other person removes the upvote it can be spun that there was never any upvotes in the first place lol. 

ANYONE ON RIGHT NOW PLEASE QUICKLY LOOK AND VERIFY THAT THERES STILL AT LEAST ONE UPVOTE ON MY POST ABOUT WINNING WITH THE MAFIA
Lunatic
Lunatic
I realize that this is WIFOM based logic mostly, and could be completely wrong. Actually looking back chris might have had the scummier post if he thought I was the 3rd mafia though. In post 9, if he knew I was scum, it would make sense that his this being a gambit or RVS test would be on any of those options. He was probably just confused and trying to make a laugh out of it so as to hopefully make people think less of the fact that the third mafia just claimed, dismissing it as a joke or jester makes sense.

Speed is mainly on that listed because I would have expected him more than anyone to ignore the post and think it was town WIFOM, and his first response was "huh" like "what are you doing bro" and then when chris mentioned the reaction test, instead of FOSing me for trying to get a reaction with only half the players, as he so aptly pointed out, his response seemed to be to sit and wait it out to see how people would respond before saying anything further. 

I feel as town if he didn't think my gambit was profitable, he should have suspected that. My inkling was that he was hoping the situation would devolve to people generally thinking I was either trolling or pushing for inactivity, as is common in dp1, and should be the natural town reaction. Which is why I think the people who didn't react are more likely town.

There is the possibility I am missing the mark with this logic, and scum were big brained enough to think that town might know something they wouldn't normally know, but I still think it's more likely than not we found scum in those reactions.

I would like to hear from pie, danielle, warren, and greyparrot for thoughts on the issue.
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Lunatic
i looked i just saw it 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@skittlez09
i looked i just saw it 
perfect. There was 2 a couple minutes ago lol
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Lunatic
i mean it might be a clue but we have no idea who put the likes to begin with 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I have information in my role PM that tells me there are 3 mafia in this game. 2 share a PM, and the third one is not in the PM. I asked supa if mafia knew that my role existed, he said they do not.
Never heard of a role like this
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Only 1 upvote rn
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
Speed is mainly on that listed because I would have expected him more than anyone to ignore the post and think it was town WIFOM, and his first response was "huh" like "what are you doing bro" and then when chris mentioned the reaction test, instead of FOSing me for trying to get a reaction with only half the players, as he so aptly pointed out, his response seemed to be to sit and wait it out to see how people would respond before saying anything further. 

I feel as town if he didn't think my gambit was profitable, he should have suspected that. My inkling was that he was hoping the situation would devolve to people generally thinking I was either trolling or pushing for inactivity, as is common in dp1, and should be the natural town reaction. Which is why I think the people who didn't react are more likely town.
Whenever someone does something like you did and I'm town, I never ignore it, why would I start now? Pretty sure my reaction when Wylted did the same thing was very similar

I never thought you were trolling or pushing for inactivity btw

Besides this, scum could easily be anyone who hasn't reacted (either purposefully or by inactivity) and you've now put unnecessary sus on town.

I guess I would have no way of verifying if this is true lol. Already as soon as I posted the above, one of the 2 upvotes on my post just got removed.
I've already been scum where my partner didn't know who I was and I was much subtler in letting them know. Why would I like the post as scum knowing you don't know who liked it xD
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
+1

What's the info in your pm
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@ILikePie5
me neither 

i kinda townread it tho cuz pulling a role like this would be a pretty ballsy gambit
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
What's the info in your pm
I already said the info. Its that there is 3 scum and 1 isn't in the pm.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
So last time there was a game where the 3 scum weren’t in one PM was Warren’s Bastard Mafia game. In that one Lunatic was the one not the in PM with Disc and Cookie as scum that were in a PM. He signaled to them very early on in DP1. This is obviously some huge WIFOM going but it warrants a full claim imo. Last time he essentially told who his buddies were leading me as town to identify the last scum and win the game. He wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
Actually looking back chris might have had the scummier post if he thought I was the 3rd mafia though. In post 9, if he knew I was scum, it would make sense that his this being a gambit or RVS test would be on any of those options. He was probably just confused and trying to make a laugh out of it so as to hopefully make people think less of the fact that the third mafia just claimed, dismissing it as a joke or jester makes sense.
Or, OR, hear me out, I didn't think of it when making the list. I've only just recently gotten a hold on the whole gambit concept. You're jumping to conclusions pretty hard rn.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
This is obviously some huge WIFOM going but it warrants a full claim imo.
+1

I already said the info. Its that there is 3 scum and 1 isn't in the pm.
I meant why do you have that info
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
@Vader
I think you should full claim

Unvote

VTL Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
I cannot full claim this day phase. Your gonna have to trust me on this or try and lead a lynch on me. The circumstances here are very different from bastard states though. Why would I out I was the third scum if I was actually the third scum?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
I meant why do you have that info
The mod gave it in my pm. Its part of my role....
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I cannot full claim this day phase. Your gonna have to trust me on this or try and lead a lynch on me. The circumstances here are very different from bastard states though. Why would I out I was the third scum if I was actually the third scum?
For the same reason you did in Bastard Mafia. Not to mention it seriously under powers scum if they accidentally kill you. Especially considering you’d be the prime target cause of your experience
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
You wanted to tell your teammates that you're the third one?

VTL Lunatic
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
Or, OR, hear me out, I didn't think of it when making the list. I've only just recently gotten a hold on the whole gambit concept. You're jumping to conclusions pretty hard rn.
Could be. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt but I think there is substance to my theory.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
For the same reason you did in Bastard Mafia. Not to mention it seriously under powers scum if they accidentally kill you. Especially considering you’d be the prime target cause of your experience
No circumstances help the mafia by outing that info needlessly. This is silly. However I am sticking to my guns here, and not claiming til day phase 2 under any circumstances. If that results in my lynch so be it, but at least you will understand my position on not claiming til dp2 if I'm lynched.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
You wanted to tell your teammates that you're the third one?

VTL Lunatic

Literally just saying I win with the mafia and leaving it at that would have been enough if that was my actual goal lol. People were dismissing it, why take it a step further unnecessarily?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
No circumstances help the mafia by outing that info needlessly. This is silly.
I explained to you why you would have to do it.

However I am sticking to my guns here, and not claiming til day phase 2 under any circumstances. If that results in my lynch so be it, but at least you will understand my position on not claiming til dp2 if I'm lynched.
Then be prepared to be lynched. That’s how you were going to proceed against me two games ago right?