-->
@DebateArt.com
idk how to reproduce the error. it comes and goes
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Can you elaborate? I need more specifics, I’m afraid. What is the bug and how do I reproduce it?
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@DebateArt.com
Small thing:
Moderators have less edit access on debates now; we cannot change them from standard to rated, and it seems all ongoing debates have been reset to standard.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Barney
I am afraid that was intentional, because the rated debates are now more restricted (not everyone has access to them anymore, and also the params available for selection are different, i.e. rated debates cannot have 2 hours long arguments) and when I was moving the database, it was just much easier to reset all the current debates to standard. It was probably the biggest messed up decision that I had to make.
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@DebateArt.com
So all changes apply retroactively?
ijb1
Debates: 5
ijb1
-->
@DebateArt.com
How long have you been developing this site? 
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@DebateArt.com
my browser no longer tries to autofill my password into the Mention field
Turns out it still shows up in the Mention field on debates, but not in forum. Browser is firefox if that information is relevant.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@K_Michael
I will check it out, thanks mate
RationalMadman
Debates: 561
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I hate this update.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Just give it a bit time bruv, you will see why it’s worth it 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@K_Michael
Can you please check if the issue with the autocompletes has been fixed? Apparently it's Firefox not caring about the standards, so it's a bit tricky to fix.
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
-->
@DebateArt.com
what is the application of certain voting policies on rated debate vs unrated?

for example, if someone does a rated debate and the opposition sucessfully asserts forgone conclusion (as defined in voting policy) would it be counted as an unrated debate? or would voters just have to write less in their votes?
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Melcharaz
If I understood the question correctly, then I believe the mods can answer it better. 
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@DebateArt.com
It's still there. I don't use mention nearly as often in debates, so it's much less annoying than the forum side.
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Melcharaz
Votes on unrated debates are essentially useless.

While I'm sure they can be used to provide insight or advice to one of the debaters, the only real value any votes have are on rated debates. 
At the moment, every vote you make is pointless because I don't think there is an option to make rated debates rn.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@K_Michael
It's still there. I don't use mention nearly as often in debates, so it's much less annoying than the forum side.
Try now.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Yeah, things may not be in the best shape at the moment but it's going to change, I promise, I have some ideas, the problem is that 2 hours after work is barely enough to deliver stuff as quickly as I'd like.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Default profile icons have changed from symmetrical from the centre to symmetrical to the central vertical axis. Wonder if that is on purpose.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Intelligence_06
Default profile icons have changed from symmetrical from the centre to symmetrical to the central vertical axis. Wonder if that is on purpose.
I use a third-party service for generating those and they are supposed to be completely random, maybe they changed something on their side but it's completely out of my control.
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@DebateArt.com
It's gone!
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@DebateArt.com
No worries.
I'm just experimenting, identifying new problems with the changes, and pointing them out.  
  • You can't name a Contender if you create a Rated Debate.
  • The option to challenge someone directly is no longer on their profile.
  • Rated Debates don't allow you to choose 1 week, 2 week, or 6 month Voting Times.
There might be more that slipped my eye, but these are the new ones I've noticed.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
No worries.
I'm just experimenting, identifying new problems with the changes, and pointing them out.  
  • You can't name a Contender if you create a Rated Debate.
  • The option to challenge someone directly is no longer on their profile.
  • Rated Debates don't allow you to choose 1 week, 2 week, or 6 month Voting Times.
There might be more that slipped my eye, but these are the new ones I've noticed.
I really appreciate that and I am writing everything down and slowly fix things :)

1) I believe there was some logic for the first point but honestly, I can't recall, maybe it's time to revise it. But it's not a bug, it's intentional.
2) I will add it back at some point, should be a quick fix. Simply forgot to put it back there.
3) It's also intentional, the idea was that the voting shouldn't be too long or too short for rated debates. Kinda like a way to standardize things.

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@DebateArt.com
3) It's also intentional, the idea was that the voting shouldn't be too long or too short for rated debates. Kinda like a way to standardize things.
Limiting the Voting Time may back-fire. 
Debaters like RM and Novice may suffer from this. Waiting a month to get votes derails the competition because it slows down the rating, so you never get a good idea of who is currently at the top. 

1) I believe there was some logic for the first point but honestly, I can't recall, maybe it's time to revise it. But it's not a bug, it's intentional.
That will sabotage people like Mall and Public-Choice because people they don't want keep accepting their challenges, which restricts their ability to choose if they want to debate certain people under high-stakes circumstances.

• Mall can no longer issue direct challenges to people if they are rated, which sets him up to be noob-sniped by me and Novice.
  • Public-Choice can no longer debate pro's like Barney or Oromagi without the risk of a regular person accepting the debate and losing because of Public's advantage.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Those are very good points, thanks, I will write it down and see what I can do along the way 👌
Barney
Barney
-->
@DebateArt.com
It would be nice to be able to see peoples votes again from their profile; for which I believe the coding could almost be copy/pasted from what you did for forum posts.

Also, please change "spelling and grammar" to "legibility" in debate voting. I believe this could be attained with a simple find and replace all.

Related to that one, on the voting page it would be nice if "Which participant had better" were expanded to "Which participant had significantly better"
This is for conduct and legibility, which occasionally confuses new voters since it's not a slight difference but a rather large one is pulls them into play.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
What about an indentation feature added to the bullet points and number indentation?
It would be nice to indent without the bullet points and number indents. Just a plain indentation.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Barney
As a matter of fact, thats exactly what I’m working on now: reintroducing the votes page. It is not a copy paste because I want to add some additional info there, but it is quite easy so we can probably expect it today or tomorrow. 

And sure, I will make the changes, no problem 👍
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@TWS1405_2
Can you please elaborate? I’m a bit lost
Barney
Barney
-->
@DebateArt.com
indentation
He means for the text editor, having an option to indent without it being a number or bullet points
  • Like this,
    but no little symbol to the left of it.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Barney
Oh I got it, thanks, I’ll have to look into it, it’s a third party solution so it may take a while to figure it out and implement.