Author: DebateArt.com

Pinned
Total: 1,732
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@DebateArt.com
correct, some people I would reply sooner than later :)  a way for people to prioritize if they wish to.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Ramshutu
this may have been mentioned, but a leaderboard for votes: and having debates with more than half the rounds forfeited counting towards win/loss - but not ELO (if you’re the winner).
Leaderboard for votes is simple enough, shouldn't be a problem. The second part is more tricky, so now we have the logic so that the ELO rating doesn't get changed only if all arguments have been forfeited, otherwise it does change. First, I believe, we wanted to make it work the way you mentioned but then some good arguments were made why it may not be the best idea. You may go a few pages back and read it :)

Also, are you looking for design, and implementation assistance?
Design assistance is always appreciated, thank you :) You're working with UX/UI stuff? 

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Oh I see, that's also simple enough, I'll try to release it this week, if I don't forget :)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@DebateArt.com
thanks :)  some people can wait, others I want to respond back to sooner than later.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Yeah, that makes sense, don't know why I didn't add it from the beginning ...
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@DebateArt.com
No one's opinion is important to you. Other than your thug gang of mods I imagine. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Wtf are you speaking of? If this was really a thug-run place you'd be long gone by now.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
God you need to take your meds more regularly. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You're making enemies at every corner, witch, sooner or later your black magic will backfire.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
LOL. Now you think I am using magic on you? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You can put together what I meant in your own time.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
Oh I think it was clear. LOL. You either think I am using magic on you or making another threat.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The thugs will be sure to let you know which.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
Of course. Thanks for making my point. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@RationalMadman
Please move it out of this topic, it's not the best place for this argument. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
@bsh1
On Android smartphone Chrome browser, where it is you're more likely to accidentally click Report when meaning to click edit or get the link to the post than on a computer or tablet, there's no way to un-report something you accidentally reported. If you click the flag, it turns black but then is red again if you go back to the page later on. Windows 10 Computer on Chrome can un-report.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
I have finished a bunch of SEOs, it has taken me pretty much the whole week. Hopefully now the Gods of Google will be pleased.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
They will, you are a good Illuminati member. You will be rewarded in due time. Especially because you encourage users to use Chrome and have that symbol for Religion Debate-section. Patience is your friend here. 
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
They will, you are a good Illuminati member. You will be rewarded in due time. Especially because you encourage users to use Chrome and have that symbol for Religion Debate-section. Patience is your friend here. 
Yes, it's about time I get awarded for my loyalty. Yandex has already put us on the third place for the "online debates" query, but I had to do some dark stuff for the Russian mafia to get there, as you probably know. 

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Username
Do you still remember my idea? Whoever is winning the debate has it in their wins category rather than only once you have won. Like on DDO? 
Could you please elaborate on this one? I am not sure I understand it correctly. Do you mean it's worth adjusting the stats table on the profile pages so that in the "won" debates category the number would include not only finished debates, but those where you are currently winning?

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Bad news on the PMs system:

So I wanted to start working on making it real time and allowing group PMs but there is a little problem. So the language that I used to write the chat part is a one guy show, no jokes, it's almost literally one guy writing the language and most of its main libraries and recently they updated the language and among the changes there was a big "fuck you", which caused many third party libraries supporters to say fuck you back and just abandon their projects. So in order to make it real time in this context, I'd have to use some outdated and unmaintained libraries which is not something I like to do so I've decided to also send that guy to hell and rewrite the whole damn thing in another language, supported by Facebook. Now, rewriting the code is only a small part of the task, the bigger task is to handle, what's called an assets build system, without breaking anything and that may take me a while to do, since it's a bit outta my expertise. So I've decided to rewrite and improve the chat during my New Year holidays when I'll have lots of free time. I am sorry for making you guys wait on that for so long but I am afraid we'll have to wait even more time.

In the meantime, I will try to either improve the debates system or maybe implement something new, among some minor fixes and changes, whatever keeps me interested.
Username
Debates: 9
Username
-->
@DebateArt.com
Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Username
Got it, thank you!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
I realise now the glitch is less bad than I thought but in a way more deceptive and then 'worse' even though 'less bad'.

It is an illusion. It stays red if you tap it once and turns black if you tap it twice. This is backwards from the reality. If I tap the flag once, it stays Red but then has unreported itself and I refresh the page and it's not red anymore. If I tap it until it turns black it's re-reported itself and is Red when I refresh the page.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
New changes:

1) We now have two debate point systems: four points and winner selection. 

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Tejretics
As promised ^_^

Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
-->
@DebateArt.com
AMAZING! <3
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
This is very deceptive naming. Most noobs won't realise you pick a winner in this four point system and will pick the other one.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@RationalMadman
Fair point, any idea what naming would be better?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com
"Winner Takes All" instead of Winner Selection

"Graded System (Four Parts)" replacing the other but also, four part should be the default. When the page loads, the position being Pro and voting system being Four Parts should be default options, as should Open Voting. You need to ensure noobs don't pick silly choices, it will decrease the stress on them and increase the pleasure to us as they're less likely to just go 'omg I don't know what to pick' and not be there with a debate to get a win from. ;) They are also more likely to recommend the site to friends and feel at ease creating debates when all they need to do is type obvious parts and the system picks the rest for them.