Read-only
Posts in total: 81
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 4,485
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen

"The Bible is a book. It can't cause anything",#3  -  has to be the most ignorant, uneducated , backward thinking and thoughtless statement ever written on this forum.  Or  is the statement by the Reverend Tradsecrete , correct? 

And of all the "books" that this could have been said about, the author of that ridiculous statement was talking about one of - if not the - most influential "books" ever written.; the Bible which is full of words.  Indeed the Christ himself is called "The Word". When words are put together they become magic,  they cause/d people to do things , this is why the ancients called it  -SPELL - ING. And  for anyone that has studied the scriptures in any depth would know this fact.  

This is like saying  'words can't cause anyone to be hurt or disappointed or depressed, or happy or suicidal when they clearly can and  do .  Words on a internet forums & and other social media  have caused suicide rates around the world to  sky rocket caused by words.

Words in books have caused people to murder. John Lennon's murderer Mark Chapman said he killed John Lennon because the favourite character ever in a book he was reading - Holden Caulfied, would have killed John because he didn't like "phonies".

Words can be formed into all kind of revealing sentences and paragraphed that tell us information that can or cannot be acted on and used for benevolent or malevolent purposes.   The Quran clearly  instructs  adherents to Islam to kill anyone not Muslim and it causes many  its followers to do just that, no matter how much the apologist want to deny this fact.
    So it is a pretty much an established fact A book can and  does  "cause "  people to act,  or think, or believe, or learn.

What is different then about the bible that we are told  "can't cause anything".  Well in truth it is worse than any novel or instruction manual ever written and to say that it can't cause anything, by a member of the clergy  is nothing short of profane"  How contradictory can one get or ever live to be!?

The bible instructs  people to kill, and these are not man made laws if the bible is to be believed, they are direct orders to  Christians written in a "BOOK",  a book whose words were "breathed into it"  by god.

Crimes and Punishment.

Adultery : Death

Homosexuality : Death

Working on Sunday : Death  

Cursing parents:  Death

Blasphemy : Death 

These words in the book called the bible have caused death. 

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 8,050
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    It says to kill people who work on the sabbath. That's Saturday Mr youtube education.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Mopac
    It says to kill people who work on the sabbath.

Fair play.
    I should have said the Sabbath. And not Sunday. Well spotted my little tonsured  friend.

Yes it does say kill someone for working to feed their kids and  to keep a roof over their fkn heads on this special day, doesn't it.

Tell me, why should I give everything I have to the "poor"? Like the  "book"  instructs.

I don't mind you nitpicking but at least attempt an answer to the OP. It  is the reason I started the thread.

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    I asked my priest if I should go down to the gay bar and gun down all those filthy sinners.

Apparently, that would be very wrong to do.

What does that lead me to believe? You aren't getting the full picture.

Better to do what the church says, I say.

• BrotherDThomas
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 1,603
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas
    --> @Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR BIBLE IGNORANT QUOTE # 5837274387!:  "I asked my priest if I should go down to the gay bar and gun down all those filthy sinners. Apparently, that would be very wrong to do."

You admit that your priest is as Bible ignorant as you are relative to the gunning down filthy sinners! 

Once again you slap the face of Jesus the Christ, in that you are to obey Jesus's word regarding Leviticus 20:13 no matter what the outcome becomes within your society today, BIBLE fool!

“But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.” (Acts 5:29) Get it?  

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @BrotherDThomas
    God also says not to murder. We are also supposed to honor the governing authorities as having been given their authority from God. If the governing authorities make vigilante fag burning unlawful, that makes such activities murder.

As you aren't in the church, you are not even Christian. You use scripture as the tempter of Christ did when he was in the desert.

• BrotherDThomas
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas
    --> @Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR INSIDIOUS QUOTE: "God also says not to murder."

Thank you for once again showing that the JUDEO-Christian Bible CONTRADICTS itself because Leviticus states with specificity that ALL gays are to be murdered, whereas their blood shall be upon them, understood? Do you want to call Jesus a LIAR in this respect, Bible fool?

YOUR ADDITIONAL INSIDIOUS QUOTE: " We are also supposed to honor the governing authorities as having been given their authority from God."

Tell the membership, what part of this passage do you not understand in respect to your Satanic quote above: " “But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.  (Acts 5:29) Get it? "  Are you vying to be more Bible ignorant than Tradesecret?

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE THAT PROVES YOU'RE THE BIBLE FOOL:  "As you aren't in the church, you are not even Christian. You use scripture as the tempter of Christ did when he was in the desert."

LAME RESPONSE ONCE AGAIN!  What you fail to realize is that when I easily Bible Slap you Silly®️, I am more of a TRUE Christian than you will ever be!  Furthermore, how can I use scripture and allegedly tempt you like I do where you cannot address said Scripture and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, which makes you a minion of Satan! 

You're excused for now, until you remove one foot to insert the other again like you did in saying the Bible contradicts itself, understood?

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @BrotherDThomas
    I don't take bible lessons from heretics.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Mopac
    Let me show you how silly and childish your  post #4 above really is here Mopac.

Starting here; 
    I asked my priest if I should go down to the gay bar and gun down all those filthy sinners.

But what does the bible instruct? 

And are homosexuals "filthy sinners" in your eyes?

Apparently, that would be very wrong to do.
    Its not wrong  according to scripture though is it? 

Is that what your priest said or your own opinion? 

And why did you ever  believe that you needed to ask a Priest in the first place ?

What would you have done if The Church had  sanctioned your idea? 

What does that lead me to believe?

It leads me to believe ; That you are torn between what your Priest, your Church instructs and  what your God actually instructs.

Better to do what the church says, I say.

I agree. So then do you not believe that parts of the bible should be exSPELLED?

I will be  very interested in you answers. 

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    My post was intended to be childish.

I wouldn't be calling anyone childish. The way you react when people don't respond as you look makes you look immature.

• Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Mopac

I wouldn't be calling anyone childish.

Answer the questions.  You forced these questions with you pointless and childish sarcasm. 

Did you see how easily and quick it back fired on you and made you look pathetic.

And did the bible cause you to be sarcastic and pointlessly childish. 

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    The church doesn't teach to go around stoning people to death.

The fact that you want us to do so is very telling.
  • BrotherDThomas
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas
    --> @Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE TO RUNAWAY FROM JESUS' BIBLICAL AXIOMS, LOL!!!!! :   "I don't take bible lessons from heretics."

OMG, can you get any more embarrassed than what you proposed towards me bringing forth THE DIRECT WORDS OF JESUS THE CHRIST, that you are now RUNNING AWAY FROM? No, you can not!  BLASPHEME!  Hello, and you want to call yourself a Christian? NOT! LOL!!!

When you state that you don't take Bible lessons from a heretic that has given you the DIRECT WORDS of Jesus the Christ, then you are basically calling Jesus a heretic!

The Bible fools like you within this forum is without bounds!

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @BrotherDThomas
    No, I'm calling you a heretic. One that I do not take bible lessons from.

• Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Mopac
    The fact that you want us to do so is very telling.

More silliness. That is a disgraceful thing to say.

I have never and wouldn't advocated for such torment, torture or punishment.  But  the bible has , and your god does. 
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @Stephen
    It was the law.

No room for drag queen storytime in those days. It was even a matter of survival.

The fact that laws here are so lenient on this issue certainly is a charity, because it would be no wrong thing if the government passed laws punishing adulterers and sodomites. 

Well, considering how down the slope society has already slid concerning sexual morality, it might be a tad merciless at this point. 

I certainly don't think punishing things like adultery is immoral. It is the case that the law in my country does not punish these things. So it is. I am not political. I am not tryjng to effect the law.

• BrotherDThomas
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas avatar
    BrotherDThomas
    --> @Mopac

Mopac,

ONCE AGAIN, I AM GIVING YOU DIRECT WORDS FROM JESUS AND YOU ARE CALLING THEM AS HERETIC!!! Where do you get the authority to say that when I show you words from Jesus, that they are heretic?!

As if you showing the membership that the Bible contradicts itself wasn't enough in my post #7, then you step in poo AGAIN when you state that Jesus' words that I give you are heretic, when will your disparaging acts against Jesus ever end for the sake of your soul?!

You keep running away from these passages shown below that are the direct words of Jesus, like Tradesecret runs away, therefore, WHY?  

1. “But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.  (Acts 5:29) 

2. Cite the biblical reference to you stating: "The laws in the bible that prescribe these punishments had to do with the secular government of the Hebrew people"

3. How do you feel when Jesus condones the killing of homosexuals? "If a man also lie with mankind, As he lieth with a woman, Both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (Leviticus 20:13)

You can start with the above questions, where I have many more for you, okay?  PLEASE DON'T BE LIKE TRADESECRET AND RUN AWAY FROM DISCUSSING JESUS, OKAY?

• Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    --> @BrotherDThomas
    You want to obey God?

Become Orthodox. Submit to the elders that have been appointed over us.

Otherwise, you are simply going by your own reasonings.
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Forum posts: 1,107
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    Arrrrrr,  Scripture.  
    Tis brilliant. 

I've never meet a bloke who's ( not very good at translating scripture. ) 
    Ain't no such thing as a,  ( " average " scripture decipher ra.  ) 

The second time you read the bible it becomes bloody obvious that God did it and left it behind for you. 

You have a certain querky way you do the scripts scripts and you are SPOT ON. 

A QUESTION FOR ALL. 
    Who believes they are not in the ☆°▪•○▪°☆•     TOP 1000.   . •°⊙▪☆○•°☆▪ ¿¿¿?
     Of Scripture translating  ?

There has to be close to 3 billion theists in the 1000. 
    Ya reckon ? 

Soooooooo the bible can't cause nothing. 
    But ummmm ,  it's ultimately you. 

As the saying goes.  WHO COULD POSSIBLY GUESS WHAT IT IS THAT THEY MIGHT MAKE THEIR GOD TELL THEM NEXT ? 

Good game. 
    Good game.  

• Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    --> @Mopac
    Submit to a elder.     

This in itself is again " Brilliant " .  ( for causing all kinds of mehyem ) 

Going on the fact #216 of ( Running a small business like your church )  .     You want old people in your church FULL STOP

Anddddd.  

The elders are good great people so shhhhhhhhhhh factor. 

Submit to a elder you say? 
    That sounds like a half arsed " respect ya elders "  

I feel Moe Moe that if the was a big row of otherdoxies
    And silly atheistical me, I'd get pushed in front of the bus. 
    It's pure fire for the "  me v you mentality "  that YOUR religious group sparked.

No I mean. 

SUBMIT  TO  A  ELDER ?

Submit? 

Like just straight out submit ?  

Yeah I don't like it.  
    THE MILKS SOUR.  And if the MILKS SOUR, I ain't the kinda pussy to drink it.  

Imagine this Moe Moe. 
    The elder says one or two things out of the dozens and you do not agree with it ?

Fathom it. 

• Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    Actually I'm the cause for the me v you mentality.  
    But still. 
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @BrotherDThomas
    Are you vying to be more Bible ignorant than Tradesecret?

He'd have to spend many years alone in his monk cell to become that ignorant.   As it stands, he only lasted a matter of days at his last go at being a cassocked, sandal wearing tonsured novice.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
     You want old people in your church FULL STOP

All  "churches" want old people in their churches. And I know why Deb.  Would  you like me me to tell you why?  I will  if you promise to keep it to yourself.
  • Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull avatar
    Deb-8-a-bull
    --> @Stephen
    Because Jesus fucklng loves cashhhhhhh. 
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Deb-8-a-bull
    Because Jesus fucklng loves cashhhhhhh. 

And real estate.

"Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their property and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. Because of this, they will be severely punished.” Luke 20:47.

Yes Deb,  vulnerable old people who have lost a loved one are the perfect target for the "church".   `' give me your house and you will see your husband/wife again!   I promise '