Author: zedvictor4

Total: 134
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
So, you still can't solve them?
I'm not presuming to "solve" a puzzle which bears parameters known to just you. If you noticed, I didn't even bother taking a guess.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
If you could, you would.

And of course, the parameters are currently only known to me...That's the nature of a puzzle....The whole idea is that you have to work it out....or it wouldn't be a puzzle.

I might as well just tell you the answers otherwise.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
So you can't solve them.
It's easy to taunt the weak minded into jumping through your hoops.

Here's a puzzle for you.

"Where were you born?"
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
It's easy to fabricate an impossible riddle.
Not only that, but the parameters can be changed at my whim before revealing the answer. So, for example, when I proposed this number puzzle, "93100000000?" the answer to this puzzle is 0, given that the parameters were based on constructing a 12-digit series which has its first digit the same as the total amount of zeros, has a second digit that represents the total amount of factors the first digit has, has a third digit that represents the frequency of the first digit, as well as have all first three digits be factors of the first digit.  Without the parameters, that number could've been anything. And even if someone gave me the right answer, I could've changed the parameters to, as an example, one where the first digit doesn't represent the amount of zeros, but one that is three times the amount of the last digit (931000000003.) It's not a test of "mental acuity" but a guessing game.
Athias
Athias
-->
@zedvictor4
If you could, you would.
As an authority on that which I "would" do, let me tell you that I wouldn't. Hence, I didn't.

And of course, the parameters are currently only known to me...That's the nature of a puzzle....The whole idea is that you have to work it out....or it wouldn't be a puzzle.
Not at all. I'm familiar with number puzzles. Normally, the parameters are provided at first, and the numbers are to be provided by the one solving the puzzle. Your puzzle is simply "guess what number I'm thinking of?" The moment you stated that there was no "sequence," you made this a matter of reverse-engineering from a sample of infinite numbers.

I might as well just tell you the answers otherwise.
Or you can conceive a puzzle that relies less on guessing.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Athias
The moment you stated that there was no "sequence," you made this a matter of reverse-engineering from a sample of infinite numbers.
They did seem to suggest that perhaps the numbers are coded letters.

Perhaps it's not a "sequence of numbers" but rather a "sequence of letters represented with numbers".
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
They did seem to suggest that perhaps the numbers are coded letters.

Perhaps it's not a "sequence of numbers" but rather a "sequence of letters represented with numbers".
If that were the case, the last number would be 1, given that number would still represent the coded letter. It may have been something else if it were meant to denote someone's name, or the name of well-known corporate entity. But zedvictor had already dismissed the submission of number 1, as well as the notion that his arrangement is a sequence. Maybe it's meant to denote letters on a scrabble board. Without the parameters, one would just have to grab a handful of spaghetti and take aim.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
Lateral thinking, keep going you're almost there.

What about the second question?....That one is even simpler, if you care to think about it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
You "win" (which seems to be what you're looking for).
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Athias
No guessing required....Just a knowledge of how common number and word puzzles work.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Number is 12?

Seventh is near?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
Nope....Keep trying.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
Nope....Keep trying.
Damn so many keys but not the right keyhole
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
What about 16?

Seventh is 5?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
Nope.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@3RU7AL
Just a puzzle...it's a no win situation.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@zedvictor4
Did u solve the puzzles correctly or did u have to give up?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ILikePie5
I made the puzzles up.

I enjoy doing and devising puzzles and cryptic crosswords.
MarkWebberFan
MarkWebberFan
I have no idea. Your riddle looks a lot like formal logic.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@MarkWebberFan
"My Riddles" follow the format of standard word and number puzzles.

They are two very simple puzzles. 

I would suggest that because of the term I.Q. people are reading to much into them.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
So, no one on DART with an I.Q big enough two solve my two simple puzzles.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
SImple to you... everyone thinks differently, but also, these are void of context. Those numbers could stand for users, posts, threads, debates, they could stand for map numbers IP addresses, any number of things, and because you said it wasn't a sequence or a pattern, that rules out what people could logically do. I, frankly, don't believe that you actually have a puzzle. I think, like Athias said, that you made up a puzzle with parameters known only to you. 

These are number puzzles:

Notice the similarities between actual number puzzles? There is context else you could be making up whatever you want, continuously claiming, "So no one has the IQ to solve this" is not only disingenuous, but it doesn't prove that IQ is an accurate measurement. Not to mention I've taken actual IQ tests, they are most definitely not like this. I feel you watched Death Note and suddenly said, "wooooaah... wouldn't that be so cool if like... people could guess things like that?" Or maybe you watched Sherlock, The Mentalists and thought the same thing. My point is, you have proven literally nothing. 

If you are so confident in your abilities to craft the puzzle, then give the answer and the explanation for it, as well as the real parameters. Then, we can actually judge your mental acuity. Until then, you have nothing but claims.

This is a guessing game, simple as that.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
 It's an intelligence game.  Simple as that.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Do you have any actual arguments in your favor or is this just more positing?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
I suppose one enjoys doing puzzles or one doesn't....I do, and quite honestly I could have cracked these two simple puzzles, in a couple of minutes, as would any ardent puzzle solver..... They follow the basic format of of simple word and number puzzles.....No tricks involved.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Wrong... as I have literally demonstrated, these are not like usual puzzles. Perhaps you have some sort of parameter in your head, but we don't. I can guarantee that whatever solution you have to that puzzle, a thousand more just as valid ones could also be made, due to how incredibly vague it is. The usual number puzzle has context.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
Nope. These are very usual and very typical puzzles that follow a standard puzzle format...... And as I stated, and ardent puzzler would solve them in a few minutes.

it's the same with anything that requires the application of intelligence...One either possesses the know how or one doesn't.....Hence, why I questioned the validity of  Intelligence Quotient.....One must acquire  puzzle solving data before one can apply it confidently.....In this respect I would suggest that the human computer is little different to it's electronic cousin....I would further suggest that the quality of the mechanism is a separate issue.

Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
Did you... did you actually check my sources? No. This isn't the standard format of a number puzzle. You are factually incorrect here. Actually prove your assertions please, this is getting a slight bit annoying. All of what you are saying is not relevant.

Here is what's relevant:

1. IQ tests and the subsequent scoring have nothing to do with actual complete intelligence, they have to do with abstract intelligence. 
  2. You have provided exactly zero evidence that 1 is the case, instead providing a quote "puzzle"
  3. This puzzle has zero context and is apparently not a sequence or a pattern (the only things that could be logically inferred without making assumptions)
  4. You have refused to look at the actual evidence that says you are wrong and continue to make the same assertions sans proof.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Theweakeredge
So you cannot solve them...Fine...You're database just lacks the relevant programming.

The first puzzle follows a standard three stage pattern.

And the second puzzle has two separate parts with the same answer.  The first part explains itself.... The second part is the application  of basic general knowledge and tells you what the first part means.

Rather than applying intelligence and trying to solve them, you would rather do something that you are used to doing.... In other words, argue the toss.

I.Q. measures levels of stored data and the holders ability to recall and apply said data....If one hasn't got it, then one won't be able to  do it...And If one cannot do it in the first place, it is unlikely that one will ever get it.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@zedvictor4
That is not what intelligence is at all... That is applicable knowledge, which, contrary to popular belief, isn't that. Intelligence is the ability to understand and comprehend concepts