Author: Vader

Read-only
Total: 590
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Danielle
I don't know how to read MisterChris' sudden activity and interest in the game when I have never seen him play before. 
Yeah, this is mostly a symptom of school slowing to a crawl recently. I meant to be active in the last game (and if you'll remember I was active in the last few DPs) but the first couple days we blazed through a billion DPs lmao
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@That1User
Well, at least the role makes sense, but you're still being inconsistent beyond this description. I'll hold off on a VTL until I see more responses.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Danielle
At this point, if there is enough steam behind it, I'm willing to at least push Draft to L-1 to get a claim, though I think you're right that there isn't enough support for that. I'm still suspicious of Pie, though I don't have enough to go on there yet. Right now, my pick is still That1, and I do think a lynch is possible, though I still want more insight from others about the NP3 Bride claim.
That1User
Debates: 12
That1User
-->
@Danielle
@whiteflame
I said "I love icecream"
Icecream being a reference to vanilla, love being a reference to marriage
This soft claim was only supposed to make sense to Speed as dreamer
The Bride role isn't protective. It's informative, but not protective. Really don't get this point.
I said protective in reference to sexual protection 

We called you out on being vanilla many times. We've been doing this for almost 24 hours, and only now you see fit to clarify that you're not actually vanilla? It's a lie, dude. Even a power role that activates later is definitely not vanilla. You should have clarified ages ago.
I really, really did not want to claim bride and held it off for as long as possible to avoid being mafia NKd, that was my mistake 

The issue here is that this makes sense whether you're scum or town. Don't see why this favors you being town just because you claimed when under substantial pressure. Hell, the fact that you weren't hammered by lurking scum at VTL-1 actually makes you more sus.
Or scum already voted for me

Interesting. Why would the Bride role go into effect on DP3? That would essentially be an Innocent Child role cuz the Bride could theoretically prove their innocence by proposing to someone else. However if the Bride proposes to scum I guess they could get her lynched by saying she never proposed?
No, upon refusal it would be made known that they refuse the proposal, I have no idea why it would go into effect NP3, I guess it takes awhile for Rias to fall in love?
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@That1User
So you think claiming to like vanilla ice cream is a soft claim for Bride. Interesting. At which point did you start to suspect he was scum? 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
VOTE COUNT
WaterPhoenix [1/6]
 iLikePie5
That1User [4/6] Ragnar, Speedrace, MisterChris, drafterman
Speedrace [1/6] That1User

That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
 It could be an interesting way to "confirm" 2 townies if we let her live.
Who do you want me to confirm?

Hmm. And this would be another investigative role of sorts... not sure I buy it. Lemme think. Kinda scummy af she outs this info now. Another "gambit?" 
It is an investigative role and I can prove it. I see why you see it as scummy af, I did this to keep mafia in the dark for as long as possible, I was trying to survive, clearly I failed
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@That1User
...Who hadn't used his role to target you in the previous NP, by his own admission. So, for some reason, you wanted Speed to target you in NP2, but also wanted to make a soft character claim that could be and was very easily misunderstood? Yeah, that makes sense.

I said protective in reference to sexual protection 
...Wtf? Seriously, I have no clue what you're talking about here. It doesn't even align with your role. This would make more sense if you were talking about the Lover (and even then, it's a weird thing to say that has absolutely no bearing on the game), but you didn't claim Lover. Seriously, pick a lane.

I really, really did not want to claim bride and held it off for as long as possible to avoid being mafia NKd, that was my mistake 
I'd say so. Yes, if that's your actual role, that's something you'd want to keep under your hat. But did you really expect to keep it a secret through two DPs of pressure?

Or scum already voted for me
Yeah, you've been pretty inconsistent on that. I'm still not entirely sure who you think is scum because there are so many on your scum tell list.

No, upon refusal it would be made known that they refuse the proposal, I have no idea why it would go into effect NP3, I guess it takes awhile for Rias to fall in love?
See, it's the NP3 thing that sets me on edge. You haven't given us information in your justification that says anything about her taking a while to fall in love. There's no indication for why this is here whatsoever, and I've never heard of an ability that activates that late beyond JOATs getting additional abilities as the game progresses. Again, maybe that's just me being uninformed, but this is so weird.

Barney
Debates: 52
Barney
Feels like a scum gambit with advice from another player.

Sleep time for me.
That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
So you think claiming to like vanilla ice cream is a soft claim for Bride. Interesting. At which point did you start to suspect he was scum? 
To love vanilla ice cream, at the start? Drafter's post #124
Did Water directed Pie away from Speed because water believes Pie to be scum and Speed to be town, or did Water do it because he's scum buddies with Speed and suspected Pie of being an investigative role?

I think it's clear that among this group we have a high likelihood of getting scum.
I thought drafter was penetrating scum here, and WP would be the best way to confirm if Speed was guilty or innocent, making me on WP for most of the DP, and for Speed to dream me. What made me think Speed was mafia was rallying everyone to get me out for a mislynch, realized how much power and influence he has, and if he is scum then mafia controls the town, making it essential to get him out
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
@whiteflame
@MisterChris
Seriously can't believe you guys are actually considering her claim lol

Firstly, she did this EXACT same thing in Civil War mafia

Secondly, the following quote:

I said "I love icecream"
Icecream being a reference to vanilla, love being a reference to marriage
This was NOT meant to soft claim Bride. I know that because Lunatic said this EXACT SAME THING in Drafter's game to claim vanilla. That1 was in that game

Chris unvoting is scummy imo. I don't think it means anything for whiteflame though considering he kept following up with her
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
@whiteflame
@MisterChris
Third, Bride is literally a Twilight role. We didn't have a twilight phase yesterday, hence the role can't exist

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@That1User
What made me think Speed was mafia was rallying everyone to get me out for a mislynch, realized how much power and influence he has
I'm dead, I wish this was true
That1User
That1User
-->
@whiteflame
See, it's the NP3 thing that sets me on edge. You haven't given us information in your justification that says anything about her taking a while to fall in love. There's no indication for why this is here whatsoever, and I've never heard of an ability that activates that late beyond JOATs getting additional abilities as the game progresses. Again, maybe that's just me being uninformed, but this is so weird.
It's weird af, only thing that makes sense is that I get jealous of my love interest Issei, then soon become supportive of him. This jealousy is what delays me apparently
That1User
That1User
-->
@Speedrace
Third, Bride is literally a Twilight role. We didn't have a twilight phase yesterday, hence the role can't exist
The role exists because I'm the bride, SUpa said that the roles would be modified from drafter's list, the role is being shifted from twilight phase to night phase

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@That1User
The role exists because I'm the bride, SUpa said that the roles would be modified from drafter's list, the role is being shifted from twilight phase to night phase
Lol I did do this in my last game so I'll give that to you. You're still scum though
That1User
That1User
-->
@Speedrace
This was NOT meant to soft claim Bride. I know that because Lunatic said this EXACT SAME THING in Drafter's game to claim vanilla. That1 was in that game
It was meant to soft claim vanilla-bride, the love part being the bride, the ice cream to stave off a potential NK

That1User
That1User
-->
@Speedrace
Lol I did do this in my last game so I'll give that to you. You're still scum though
I'm town bride and I csn prove it to you, who do you want me to confirm?
That1User
That1User
*can
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Speedrace

Seriously can't believe you guys are actually considering her claim lol

I don't think I played Civil War mafia. I feel like I've only played with her in a few games. I thought she was noobish which is why this behavior read to me like advice from scummates ("Nobody's going to believe that Supa's fave character is vanilla! Say you're the Bride"). To be honest I could see you giving this advice and now potentially bussing her.

Obvs it doesn't make sense that she went from voting for drafter to immediately voting for you, and this after saying she was "SOFT CLAIMING" to you. She's basically saying she read you town enough to soft claim but then suddenly read you scum. It doesn't make sense that she name dropped reading 60% of the living players as scum. It doesn't make sense that she allegedly soft claimed Bride by saying she was into vanilla ice cream. It doesn't make sense that she claimed a twilight role (whatever that means) and there was apparently no twilight. But as a wise man once said:  "Most of these niggas gon' hang themselves, just give 'em the rope and see." So I'm questioning and watching this all unfold. I'm also looking for other people's reactions to her posts but shh. 

That1User
That1User
-->
@Barney
Feels like a scum gambit with advice from another player.
You think I'm getting advice here? I wouldn't be in this position if I got advice, with advice I would have bride claimed as soon as Speed rallied against me, I wish I did. See why you think this is happening but no  I'm town trying to protect myself from mislynch. Who do you think is the other player?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@That1User
But I really don't get this. You're outright telling us you CANNOT CONFIRM UNTIL NP3. You're asking who we want you to confirm, but any choice we make won't matter until the next NP. Essentially, you're asking us to have faith that you are the Bride until then, and since it's now happening as part of the NP rather than the Twilight Phase, it's entirely possible that whoever you choose will be NK'd during that phase, making the choice moot. So, even if our goal was to try to uncover someone, telling you who to target will only make that person a target.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Speedrace
Point taken. I'm also just generally finding no reason to reduce my suspicions of anything from this claim. If That1 really had this role, she would have posted more of the justification to support it. As it is, she just seems to be jumping to whatever makes her claim make more sense, and this was a misstep. If she had claimed Lover, I would be very inclined to shift my vote because that's what I thought she was when she said "i love icecream". This claim of Bride, especially NP3 Bride, makes no sense in that context. If this was her trying to sell a soft claim as town, she did a really poor job of it, and I can't fathom why she wouldn't have come clean on this sooner. She's not an NK target this early regardless (if her ability really didn't activate until NP3, they'd be in no rush), and the lynch is a far more proximal threat. Like Danielle, I'm just interested in seeing how people respond to it at this point, but the defenses that That1 is giving are just making it all the clearer for me.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Danielle
@whiteflame
Gotcha
That1User
That1User
-->
@Danielle
Obvs it doesn't make sense that she went from voting for drafter to immediately voting for you, and this after saying she was "SOFT CLAIMING" to you. She's basically saying she read you town enough to soft claim but then suddenly read you scum. It doesn't make sense that she name dropped reading 60% of the living players as scum. It doesn't make sense that she allegedly soft claimed Bride by saying she was into vanilla ice cream. It doesn't make sense that she claimed a twilight role (whatever that means) and there was apparently no twilight. But as a wise man once said:  "Most of these niggas gon' hang themselves, just give 'em the rope and see." So I'm questioning and watching this all unfold. I'm also looking for other people's reactions to her posts but shh. 
Yeah nothing I did made any sense but I can try to explain.
I had two frames of mind, either Speed was Dreamer (town), or he was mafia. Decided to try to confirm both of these possibilities, if Dreamer, the love in "I love ice cream" would signal bride since that would be one of the roles given, went after WP to confirm Speed as guilty/innocent via WP's lynch flip.  Going to drafter was my way of staving off a mislynch, was suspecting everyone because I was paranoid af and basically saw everyone as mafia, then became most paranoid of Speed for having the immense influence he has in leading a mislynch. Why on Earth would I claim a twilight role as a fake claim? That doesn't make sense. Bride is legit a night role here
That1User
That1User
But I really don't get this. You're outright telling us you CANNOT CONFIRM UNTIL NP3. You're asking who we want you to confirm, but any choice we make won't matter until the next NP. Essentially, you're asking us to have faith that you are the Bride until then, and since it's now happening as part of the NP rather than the Twilight Phase, it's entirely possible that whoever you choose will be NK'd during that phase, making the choice moot. So, even if our goal was to try to uncover someone, telling you who to target will only make that person a target.
I can't confirm until NP3, I will have to choose a target in secret then, it will still be a confirmation
That1User
That1User
Point taken. I'm also just generally finding no reason to reduce my suspicions of anything from this claim. If That1 really had this role, she would have posted more of the justification to support it.
Supa, didn't give any good reason to justify why I'm NP3 Bride... I can paraphrase my role PM though I don't think there's anything different than what I've given

nd I can't fathom why she wouldn't have come clean on this sooner. She's not an NK target this early regardless (if her ability really didn't activate until NP3, they'd be in no rush), and the lynch is a far more proximal threat.
I was so scared of being NKd I wanted to avoid being NKd at all costs, thought if I would claim I'd be immediately shot and killed in the night, thought for sure I'd be the target in the moment and I could stave off the lynch
Speedrace
Speedrace
DP ends n 9 hrs btw
That1User
That1User
-->
@whiteflame
Above
That1User