Lay Up Not Treasure In This world.

Author: Stephen

Total: 43
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
Acts 2:43-45

43 "Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles".

I just bet they were. And the next thing you know.

44 "All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need".
Sounds  like communism. 

communism
/ˈkɒmjʊnɪz(ə)m/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a theory or system of social organization in which all property is owned by the community and each person contributes and receives according to their ability and needs

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret

And Jesus appears to have surrounded himself with rich men and women and people of influence? 
This is not accurate.  Jesus was surrounded by both rich and poor people.  He was surrounded by righteous and drunkards and prostitutes. 

Bold statement , lets see if you can support it. Who in Jesus' inner circle were  "drunkards and prostitutes", Reverend?  And  just for once, please let us se the BIBLICAL evidence. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Who in Jesus' inner circle were  "drunkards and prostitutes"
The atheist Bible scholar doesn't know. Ok!

Who in Jesus' inner circle was rich?

I bet the atheist Bible scholar will come up bumpkus on that one too.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Stephen No wonder you are such a confused person.   Jesus is not saying - "don't put things away for a rainy day". 

Those were my words as you perfectly understand, Reverend  and not surprisingly have purposefully ignored the meaning of them and by doing so have once again shown your  bible ignorance.  You just cannot help yourself , can you?

I suppose you have once again "forgotten" the story of the married couple  Ananias & Sapphira his wife. They tried to put a bit aside  ` for a rainy day ` Reverend,  and they - according to scripture -  payed with their lives for doing so. Lets read it together shall we?

Acts 5:1-10 New English Translation

The Judgment on Ananias and Sapphira
Now a man named Ananias, together with Sapphira his wife, sold a piece of property. 

2 He kept back for himself part of the proceeds with his wife’s knowledge; he brought only part of it and placed it at the apostles’ feet. 

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back for yourself part of the proceeds from the sale of the land? 

4 Before it was sold, did it not  belong to you? And when it was sold, was the money  not at your disposal? How have you thought up this deed in your heart?  You have not lied to people  but to God!”

5 When Ananias heard these words he collapsed and died, and great fear gripped all who heard about it.

6 So the young men came, wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him. 

7 After an interval of about three hours, his wife came in, but she did not know  what had happened. 

8 Peter said to her, “Tell me, were the two of you  paid this amount  for the land?” Sapphira  said, “Yes, that much.”

9 Peter then told her, “Why have you agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look! The feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out!” 

10 At once she collapsed at his feet and died. So when the young men came in, they found her dead, and they carried her out and buried her beside her husband.

So here we have none other than Simon Peter the apostle having money laid "at his feet"  but wasn't grateful of the donation or satisfied. NO he expected that this married couple hand over ALL of the money from the land ?  

This couple had given to the cause but had withheld some "for a rainy day" and paid with their lives for doing so. 

So tell me , Reverend, was Simon Peter " only comparing the earth with heaven.  The temporary with the eternal" ?  #11

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
@Barney
if anyone wants to be left alone by another member: The first couple steps are asking them to stop, and ceasing engagement yourself. #13  Ragnar

Stay off my threads ethang5.  I don't want to engage you simply so you can bury my threads under your own brainless garbage.  You are far too incapable of holding any type of serious discussion on matters that you claim to believe in and convinced you to become a christian. .

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Barney
I don't want to engage you...
Then why do you keep @ing me hypocrite?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
That was simply to warn you to stay off my threads as moderation has instructed members to do .  DID YOU FKN MISS THIS FROM RAGNAR????

if anyone wants to be left alone by another member: The first couple steps are asking them to stop, and ceasing engagement yourself. #13  Ragnar

Stay off my threads ethang5.  I don't want to engage you simply so you can bury my threads under your own brainless garbage.  You are far too incapable of holding any type of serious discussion on matters that you claim to believe in and convinced you to become a christian. . You simply are not clever enough to comment on my threads.

This is the last time. I have asked you 5 times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5
@Stephen

Ethang5, the runaway from biblical axioms about Jesus' true MO, and is on record as stating that Jesus is not the Father which is priceless Bible stupidity, and has now committed the dreadful Unpardonable Sin 3 times, and is now the king of girly boy non sequiturs,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "Then why do you keep @ing me hypocrite?"

Your question above can be simply answered by the following posts, which are only a few of many hypocritical posts made by you recently, showing you to be a blatant pseudo-christian hypocrite by outright inferring that Jesus is an IDIOT and a MORON, and that He is not the FATHER, understood Bible inept fool? Huh?  Therefore, you are hypocritical to the Christian faith Bible inept fool!  2+2=4!

Poor ethang5 is now writing checks that his total lack of biblical knowledge cannot cash! LOL! 

ethang5
ethang5
Please stop @ing me you hypocritical loon.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Dee Dee, 

You're comic relief for the board, you can't do that properly if you just spam stupidity over and over. Old jokes get stale, and you and that dead horse you're beating started to stink months ago.

Are you ashamed that you worship a homophobic serial killer? Why won't you address that? Did any one force you into action that stupid? Are you surprised that people now think of you as a deranged loon?

No matter Dee Dee, I am here, even for lunatics who worship other lunatics. I'll burn you, but I won't judge you. But you really should get off that dead horse.

Lol! 
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

Ethang5, the runaway from biblical axioms about Jesus' true MO, and is on record as stating that Jesus is not the Father which is priceless Bible stupidity, and has now committed the dreadful Unpardonable Sin 3 times, and is now the king of girly boy non sequiturs,

**********************  WHAT PART OF THIS EMBARRASSING POST #35 TO YOU DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! ********************

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE: "Then why do you keep @ing me hypocrite?"

Your question above can be simply answered by the following posts, which are only a few of many hypocritical posts made by you recently, showing you to be a blatant pseudo-christian hypocrite by outright inferring that Jesus is an IDIOT and a MORON, and that He is not the FATHER, understood Bible inept fool? Huh?  Therefore, you are hypocritical to the Christian faith Bible inept fool!  2+2=4!

Poor ethang5 is now writing checks that his total lack of biblical knowledge cannot cash! LOL! 

DO YOU WANT TO DEBATE YOUR HYPOCRITICAL STANCE SHOWN IN THE LINKS ABOVE AT THE DEBATE SITE????!!!!    Or are you once again going to RUN AWAY from debating me upon this topic as you pee your pants in being SCARED, and use even more little girly boy non sequitur EXCUSES to run away in shame from Jesus' inspired words as shown?!  WAITING!

POST ANOTHER LITTLE GIRLY BOY EXCUSE HERE TO RUN AWAY: ______________________________________________________________________________________

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
DO YOU WANT TO DEBATE YOUR HYPOCRITICAL STANCE SHOWN IN THE LINKS ABOVE AT THE DEBATE SITE????!!!!  
Not with a disgusting moron who worships a homophobic serial killer, no.

Hi I'm Dee Dee, I think killing homosexuals is neat! Let's debate! 
Ew. Get away from me pervert.

Lol! 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
DO YOU WANT TO DEBATE YOUR HYPOCRITICAL STANCE SHOWN IN THE LINKS ABOVE AT THE DEBATE SITE????!!!!  
Not with a disgusting moron who worships a homophobic serial killer, no.

Hi I'm Dee Dee, I think killing homosexuals is neat! Let's debate! 
Ew. Get away from me pervert.

Lol!