TRUMP MUST GO TODAY

Author: oromagi

Total: 82
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Inbound Senate Majority Leader Schumer:

What happened at the U.S. Capitol yesterday was an insurrection against the United States, incited by the president, this president should not hold office one day longer.

The quickest and most effective way — it can be done today — to remove this president from office would be for the vice president to immediately invoke the 25th Amendment.  If the Vice President and the Cabinet refuse to stand up, Congress should reconvene to impeach the president.
oromagi
oromagi
Speaker of the House Pelosi:

I join the Senate Democratic leader in calling on the vice president to remove this president by immediately invoking the 25th amendment. If the vice president and Cabinet do not act, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment. That is the overwhelming sentiment of my caucus, and the American people.

oromagi
oromagi
Rep. Adam Kinzinger, [R-Ill]:

The president not only abdicated his duty to protect the American people and the people's house, he invoked and inflamed passions that gave fuel to the insurrection we saw here.  When pressed to move and denounce the violence he barely did so, while of course victimizing himself ... all indications are that the president has become unmoored, not just from his duty, or even his health, but from reality itself.

It is for this reason that I call for the vice president and members of the cabinet to ensure that the next few weeks are safe for the American people, and that we have a sane captain of the ship.
oromagi
oromagi
United Kingdom Prime MInister Boris Johnson:

All my life America has stood for some very important things. An idea of freedom, an idea of democracy.

In so far as he encouraged people to storm the Capitol, and in so far as the president has consistently cast doubt on the outcome of a free and fair election, I believe that was completely wrong.

I believe what President Trump has been saying about that has been completely wrong and I unreservedly condemn encouraging people to behave in the disgraceful way that they did in the Capitol.

oromagi
oromagi
Former US Attorney General William Barr:

Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable, the President’s conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters.
oromagi
oromagi
New York Times:

The threat the president poses to our democracy is not short-lived and must be cut off urgently and decisively — before it leads to even greater degradation to American democratic processes and traditions. It will need to happen quickly, even with other demands pressing on our country’s leadership like certifying the election results, rolling out the coronavirus vaccine and calming a nation in crisis.

To do this, the cabinet and Congress must deploy the 25th Amendment and impeachment in sequence.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

But Putin loves him. Trump will probably move to Moscow and live in the new Trump Tower that is being built there.
oromagi
oromagi
The Washington Post:

The president is unfit to remain in office for the next 14 days. Every second he retains the vast powers of the presidency is a threat to public order and national security

Americans put on their seat belts, follow traffic laws, pay taxes and vote because of faith in a system — and that faith makes it work.  The highest voice in the land incited people to break that faith, not just in tweets, but by inciting them to action. Mr. Trump is a menace, and as long as he remains in the White House, the country will be in danger.

oromagi
oromagi
Governor Larry Hogan [R-MD]:

There’s no question that America would be better off if the president would resign or be removed from office.  I could never fathom a day like yesterday in America, but I will not stand for it, and neither should any American.
oromagi
oromagi
Governor Phil Scott [R-VT]:

President Trump should resign or be removed from office by his Cabinet, or by the Congress.
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Are you enjoying your almost one-on-none conversation?
oromagi
oromagi
Rep. Liz Cheney [R-WY]:

There is no question that the President formed the mob. The President incited the mob, the President addressed the mob.  He lit the flame.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@fauxlaw
Do you have a substantial objection?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
--> @oromagi
Are you enjoying your almost one-on-none conversation?
I'm trying to pop it up to HOT TOPICS
oromagi
oromagi
George F. Will:

The three repulsive architects of Wednesday’s heartbreaking spectacle — mobs desecrating the Republic’s noblest building and preventing the completion of a constitutional process — must be named and forevermore shunned. They are Donald Trump, and Sens. Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz.

Trump lit the fuse for the riot in the weeks before the election, with his successful effort to delegitimize the election in the eyes of his supporters. But Wednesday’s explosion required the help of Hawley (R-Mo.) and Cruz (R-Tex.).

Hawley announced his intention to object to the certification of some states’ electoral votes, for no better reason than that there has been an avalanche of “allegations” of election irregularities, allegations fomented by the loser of the election. By doing so, Hawley turned what should have been a perfunctory episode in our civic liturgy of post-election civility into a synthetic drama. He turned this moment into the focus of the hitherto unfocused fury that Trump had been stoking for many weeks.

And Cruz, by organizing support for Hawley among other Republican senators and senators-elect gave Hawley’s grotesque self-promotion an ersatz cloak of larger purpose. Shortly before the mob breached the Senate chamber, Cruz stood on the Senate floor. With his characteristic unctuousness, he regretted the existence of what he and kindred spirits have not only done nothing to refute but have themselves nurtured — a pandemic of suspicions that the election was “rigged.”

“I want to take a moment to speak to my Democratic colleagues,” said Cruz. “I understand your guy is winning right now.” Read those weasely words again. He was not speaking to his “colleagues.” He was speaking to the kind people who were at that instant assaulting the Capitol. He was nurturing the very delusions that soon would cause louts to be roaming the Senate chamber — the fantasy that Joe Biden has not won the election but is only winning “right now.”

The Trump-Hawley-Cruz insurrection against constitutional government will be an indelible stain on the nation. They, however, will not be so permanent. In 14 days, one of them will be removed from office by the constitutional processes he neither fathoms nor favors. It will take longer to scrub the other two from public life. Until that hygienic outcome is accomplished, from this day forward, everything they say or do or advocate should be disregarded as patent attempts to distract attention from the lurid fact of what they have become. Each will wear a scarlet “S” as a seditionist.

oromagi
oromagi
John Kelly (Trump's prior Chief of Staff and Sec. of Homeland Security):

I think that the Cabinet should meet and have a discussion. I don't think that it'll happen, but I think the Cabinet should meet and discuss this because the behavior yesterday and in the weeks and months before that has just been outrageous from the President.

What happened on Capitol Hill yesterday is a direct result of his poisoning the minds of people with the lies and the frauds

oromagi
oromagi
Governor Roy Cooper [D-SC]:

This president has betrayed our country and is therefore unfit to lead it. He should resign or be removed from office.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
As a Republican, I hate to agree. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
No.
oromagi
oromagi
House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler [D-NY]:

I am once again urging that the president be impeached and removed from office. We have a limited period of time in which to act. The nation cannot afford a lengthy, drawn out process, and I support bringing articles of impeachment directly to the House floor.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I hope he does
oromagi
oromagi
Donald Trump Jan 6th, 2021:
(heavily abridged)

The States got defrauded. They were given false information. They voted on it. Now they want to recertify. They want it back. All Vice-President Pence has to do is send it back to the States to recertify, and we become president, and you are the happiest people.

We’re gathered together in the heart of our nation’s Capitol for one very, very basic and simple reason, to save our democracy. Most candidates on election evening, and of course this thing goes on so long, they still don’t have any idea what the votes are. We still have congressional seats under review. They have no idea. They’ve totally lost control. They’ve used the pandemic as a way of defrauding the people in a proper election. But when you see this and when you see what’s happening, number one, they all say, “Sir, we’ll never let it happen again.” I said, “That’s good, but what about eight weeks ago?” They try and get you to go. They say, “Sir, in four years, you’re guaranteed.” I said, “I’m not interested right now. Do me a favor, go back eight weeks. I want to go back eight weeks. Let’s go back eight week.” We want to go back, and we want to get this right because we’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that.

If this happened to the Democrats, there’d be hell all over the country going on. There’d be hell all over the country. But just remember this. You’re stronger, you’re smarter. You’ve got more going than anybody, and they try and demean everybody having to do with us, and you’re the real people. You’re the people that built this nation. You’re not the people that tore down our nation.

The weak Republicans, and that’s it. I really believe it. I think I’m going to use the term, the weak Republicans. You got a lot of them, and you got a lot of great ones, but you got a lot of weak ones. Unbelievable, what we have to go through, what we have to go through and you have to get your people to fight. If they don’t fight, we have to primary the hell out of the ones that don’t fight. You primary them. We’re going to let you know who they are. I can already tell you, frankly.

Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

Today, we see a very important event though, because right over there, right there, we see the event going to take place. And I’m going to be watching, because history is going to be made. We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders or whether or not we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history, throughout eternity, they’ll be ashamed. And you know what? If they do the wrong thing, we should never ever forget that they did. Never forget. We should never ever forget. With only three of the seven states in question, we win the presidency of the United States.

Mike Pence has to agree to send it back. And many people in Congress want it sent back, and take of what you’re doing. Let’s say you don’t do it. Somebody says, “Well, we have to obey the constitution.” And you are, because you’re protecting our country and you’re protecting the constitution, so you are. But think of what happens. Let’s say they’re stiffs and they’re stupid people. And they say, “Well, we really have no choice.” Even though Pennsylvania and other states want to redo their votes, they want to see the numbers. They already have the numbers.

You will have a president who lost all of these states, or you will have a president to put it another way, who was voted on by a bunch of stupid people who lost all of these things. You will have an illegitimate president, that’s what you’ll have. And we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media

And for some reason, Mitch and the group, they don’t want to put it in there. And they don’t realize that that’s going to be the end of the Republican party as we know it, but it’s never going to be the end of us, never. Let them get out. Let the weak ones get out. This is a time for strength. They also want to indoctrinate your children in school by teaching them things that aren’t so. They want to indoctrinate your children. It’s all part of the comprehensive assault on our democracy and the American people to finally standing up and saying, “No.”

Donald Trump addressing the same group of people, 24hrs later:

I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.

I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay.

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
Ode on the Inauguration of 2021 

For the benefit of Mister Joe
There will be just empty rows to see his show,
Obama clan will not be there,
To celebrate the Mister’s hair, shout hurrah!

The Biden clan will burn the stage,
Burning Donald’s legacy in real fire,
In this way, Mister Joe will challenge the world!

The celebrated Mister Joe
Performs his feat, O, don’t you know, on the stairs.
The Party line will sing and stare,
As Mister Joe feels through your hair; don’t be late!

Madams’ H & P assure the public
This production will be second to one,
To be sure, Mr. T censors a tweet!

The band begins at six to six
When Mister Joe performs his licks on all the girls.
And Mister S will socialize
With everyone in Lucy’s skies; give it a whirl!

Having been some days since winning all
He promises a night of ginger ale.
And tonight, Mister Joe is going to fail!
fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
You made it to hot topics. congrats. It's not exactly an unpopular opinion, after all.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
@Theweakeredge
Ode on the Inauguration of 2021 

For the benefit of Mister Joe
There will be just empty rows to see his show,
Obama clan will not be there,
To celebrate the Mister’s hair, shout hurrah!

The Biden clan will burn the stage,
Burning Donald’s legacy in real fire,
In this way, Mister Joe will challenge the world!

The celebrated Mister Joe
Performs his feat, O, don’t you know, on the stairs.
The Party line will sing and stare,
As Mister Joe feels through your hair; don’t be late!

Madams’ H & P assure the public
This production will be second to one,
To be sure, Mr. T censors a tweet!

The band begins at six to six
When Mister Joe performs his licks on all the girls.
And Mister S will socialize
With everyone in Lucy’s skies; give it a whirl!

Having been some days since winning all
He promises a night of ginger ale.
And tonight, Mister Joe is going to fail!
Off-topic.  You still haven't answered Theweakeredge's question:

--> @fauxlaw
Do you have a substantial objection?

fauxlaw
fauxlaw
-->
@oromagi
Where is it said I must have a substantial objection? This is not debate, it is an open forum. The argument is not substantial, it is merely a separate commentary of ridicule, i.e., to propose an alternative: Biden must go [entertain the children with his hairy legs].
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@fauxlaw
We already know how Republicans would have responded to the MAGAttack on our nation's capitol if they were not the perpetrators because we have the example of the Republican response to Benghazi.  In spite of ten investigations, one lasting two years, investigators like Jim Jordan, Mike Pompeo, and Trey Gowdy could report no fault in Clinton's conduct yet did not challenge MAGA when it cried out "lock her up."

Imagine if Hillary had tweeted for weeks prior to attack, calling on Muslims to assemble on Sept 11th and to be ready to go wild.

Imagine if Hillary had stood for two hours before the terrorist mob in Benghazi calling on the angry crowd to show its strength and  march on the US compound, with Clinton promising to march with them.

Imagine if, as smoke began to billow out the embassy windows, Hillary cut a video addressing the Muslim  attackers saying, "We love you, you're very special."

Imagine if Hillary had refused to order in the global response team and  simply watched television coverage while Huma Abedin secretly made the arrangements for relief.

Imagine if Hillary had made a video the next day, promising to make the Muslim attackers pay.

Now imagine if the attack was not on some remote diplomatic outpost but on the core governmental body of our Democracy. Imagine if that body was at that moment lawfully confirming Clinton's replacement.

Well, that would be many many times worse, wouldn't it? 

Since we already know that most Republicans support the notion of imprisoning Clinton for allowing the compound at Benghazi to be briefly overrun in spite of the lack of any criminal or procedural fault on the part of that Secretary of State, Republicans must demand the imprisonment of Trump for like behavior many times more treacherous or risk exposing the fact that Republican values have long since degraded into mere partisan loyalty test, totally unconnected to  any genuine American interest.
oromagi
oromagi
Senator Ben Sasse [R-NE]:

Trump is flagrantly disregarding his oath of office. That's not in debate.

He swore an oath to the American people to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. He acted against that. What he did was wicked.  The President had a rally hours before this happened where he is telling them to go to the Capitol and to go wild.  This is a part of a pattern. The guy is addicted to division. This is a deep brokenness in his soul.

oromagi
oromagi
RESOLUTION
Impeaching Donald John Trump, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Resolved,

• That Donald John Trump, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:  Articles of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, against Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against him for high crimes and misdemeanors.
    • ARTICLE I
    • In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Donald John Trump—and in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed—Donald John Trump has abused the powers of the Presidency by attempting to unlawfully overturn the results of the November 2020 Presidential election in the State of Georgia.
      • On January 2, 2021, President Trump violated his constitutional duty to take care that the laws of the United States be faithfully executed when, on a recorded call, he repeatedly asked Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn the finalized and verified results of the November 2020 Presidential election in the State of Georgia. President Trump misused the power of his office by threatening an elected official with unspecified consequences if he failed to pursue the President’s false claims and attempting to coerce an elected official to commit fraud. His actions and statements on this call amounted to interference with the impartial election process in direct contravention of both Federal law and the laws of the State of Georgia. 
      • In all of this, Donald John Trump has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States. 
      • Wherefore, Donald John Trump, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.
    • ARTICLE II
    • In his conduct of the office of President of the United States—and in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed—Donald John Trump has abused the powers of the Presidency to incite violence and orchestrate an attempted coup against our country.
      • On January 6th, 2021, President Trump encouraged individuals to travel to Washington, District of Columbia with the sole purpose of inciting violence and obstructing Congress in engaging in its constitutionally mandated legislative business of certifying the electoral college resultsof the 2020 election. He incited a crowd of supporters in Washington, D.C. to violently attack the United States Capitol while both chambers of Congress were in session, saying ‘‘You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong’’.  After those supporters had violently breached the Capitol, he put out a further statement repeating his false claims of election fraud and telling the members of the mob, ‘‘We love you, you’re very special’’.
      • In all of this, Donald John Trump has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.
      • Wherefore, Donald John Trump, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.
oromagi
oromagi
U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski [R-AK]:

I want him out. He has caused enough damage  I think he should leave. He said he’s not going to show up. He’s not going to appear at the at the inauguration. He hasn’t been focused on what is going on with COVID. He’s either been golfing or he’s been inside the Oval Office fuming and throwing every single person who has been loyal and faithful to him under the bus, starting with the vice president. He doesn’t want to stay there. He only wants to stay there for the title. He only wants to stay there for his ego. He needs to get out. He needs to do the good thing, but I don’t think he’s capable of doing a good thing