Well That Didn’t Age Well, Did It?

Author: Stephen

Total: 18
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
How could Gabriel get it so wrong?

Luke1:26-38
32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David”:
Depending on who one chooses to believe, Jesus’ ministry lasted one year(some argue three+ years) and in that time is all he seemed to have managed to do was attempt to reunite the lost tribes or “lost sheep” of Israel and failed, surround himself with rich zealots,and other rich individuals of power and influence, upset the ruling classes, say some philosophical sounding and bias things and inherited nothing but three nails, two bits of wood, a very thorny crown with a lovely view overlooking the Kidron Valley as he hung their suffering on the crucifix made from said materials.

This is far from a throne of any description isn’t it? Especially the “great throne covered with ivory and overlaid with fine gold.” of King David,> > > 1Kings 10:18 and all the tonnes & tonnes of gold and the tonnes and tonnes of silver that he couldn’t seem to find use for so had simply left just lying around in the street. > > >1Kings 10:27

What happened!!!!?

What had gone so wrong with gods plan to send a saviour Messiah that would unite the “lost sheep of Israel” and free Israel from the Roman yoke!? AND inherit the throne of King David?

Gabriel mentions nothing to Mary the mother of this very special“immaculately” conceived child about his failed mission on earth and of him suffering such a barbaric and violent death. Why did he keep this from her? And what about the- all of a sudden absentee“father”, Joseph? He seems to have been written out of the story altogether and less informed about his child god’s failed mission and barbaric early demise? Maybe Joseph had a visit of his own telling him to get out of town before the shit hits the fan? It is not as if he knew nothing of the “immaculate conception” or the birth is it?> > > Matthew1:20.

Even simple human doctors are compassionate enough inform the parents of children born with god given defects of what the outcome of their child's life is likely to be. But in this case we have a messenger of god no less, telling this chosen “virgin” outright lies about the fate of her son.
Why?

Stephen
Stephen
We do have to question how it all went so fatefully and terribly wrong considering a messenger with a name like Gabriel (god is my strength) had specifically told this "virgin" girl that her son would inherit the throne of his ancestor, King David.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Your clunkers never age well Cletus. They go and read the passages you reference and then think, this guy has some serious reading comprehension issues, and then bypass your loony thread.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Why not try and directly answer the question Mr E?

Your above jibes, seem to be nothing more than an avoiding strategy.
Stephen
Stephen
I hear yet again the deafening silence of Christians just rushing to defend yet another biblical anomaly.

The prophesy made by Gabriel (god is my strength) couldn't have been further from the truth.  Jesus it appears was a sponger. He mooched and scrounged off the "women of substance" in his entourage.

Luke 8:3
"Joanna the wife of Chuza, the manager of Herod's household; Susanna; and many others. These women were helping to support them out of their own means".
What is means to be a "woman of substance".

Luke 8:2-3.  "and certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, and Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod's steward, and Susanna and many others, which ministered unto Him of their substance."

Definition of a man/woman/person of substance
literary
a person who is rich and powerful

Yes he surrounded himself with the rich and powerful did Jesus. These women owned property too. For instance, his center of operations was in "the wilderness" at a house in Bethany. John 11 

Yet the bible has attempted to push the importance of these devoted loyal women into the background or completely out of the picture altogether.
Indeed Jesus' own  mother gets very few scenes in the story of Jesus once he is born.  And of the few mentions she does get we find it is Jesus more or less telling  his  mother, she of the sacred womb - to FK off and disowning her saying :  " “Who is My mother and who are My brothers?”  Matthew 12:48 . And does Jesus ever refer to his mother as - mother?  No. he simply addresses her disrespectfully as  " women!" John 2:4

Why is it that the church and or the New Testament authors are desperate to play down the important role that these "rich women of substance" played in the life of Jesus and how important they were to his movement and mission.? <<<That question is worthy of a thread of its own.

The point here is that Jesus inherited nothing as the angel of god prophesised he would and certainly not the Throne of King David.. the only thing that Jesus inherited was John the baptist massive following after John's death...... and that didn't age well either.  Maybe it was John that was the rightful heir to the throne of King David? 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Why not try and directly answer the question Mr E?
What question Mr Z?

Your above jibes, seem to be nothing more than an avoiding strategy
A better "avoiding strategy" would just silence no? I don't have much confidence in your ability to see how things seem Z. You're the moral genius who thinks Jesus is evil. If I "seem" to you to be "avoiding", that is a commendation to me. 
ethang5
ethang5
I hear yet again the deafening silence of Christians just rushing to defend yet another biblical anomaly.
Others just hear the silence of another lame logic-free thread dying with a whimper.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
@Barney
if anyone wants to be left alone by another member: The first couple steps are asking them to stop, and ceasing engagement yourself. #13  Ragnar

Stay off my threads ethang5.  I don't want to engage you simply so you can bury my threads under your own brainless garbage.  You are far too incapable of holding any type of serious discussion on matters that you claim to believe in and convinced you to become a christian. .

ethang5
ethang5
Stay off my threads ethang5.
No Homer. I only need not address you, and I haven't. I can post to any thread I want.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
More Mr E jibing and goading, and avoiding the issues Stephen clearly laid out for discussion...

If you're a real christian, and a real christian bible devotee, then give us an eloquent refutation of Stephen's statements.

Instead of the usual old jibing and goading guff.

Currently Stephen wins hands down....because he's clearly the one that actually reads the bible.

Now's your chance to shine for Jesus.

Stephen
Stephen
Well.

I expected more in the way of explanation as to why Gabriel's prophesy about the future of this "new born king"  didn't come to any type of fruition IN ANY WAY at all.

Indeed, the out come couldn't have been more opposite and bleak. No money of his own. No home of his own. Tempted my the devil,  Stabbed in the back by one of his special hand picked disciples and  denounced three times by another hand picked disciple.

It's hard to say which was worse or more embarrassing to a "king" ;  having to scrounge and mooch off of Mary and  "many women" to support him or  the scourging and nailing to the cross and piercing with a lance and the mocking while he hung on the cross caused by the betrayal of his own inner circle.

There is no mention of Gabriel explaining what went  so terribly wrong,  so I don't suppose I should expect anything in the way of an excuse from Christians who, after all,  are not Jews.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Don't be stupid Z. Stupidity certainly will not help you goad me into wasting time with Stephen. Have you ever seen Stephen respond intelligently to a rebuttal? Plus, his accusations are illogically silly on their face. 

If you're a real christian, and a real christian bible devotee...
Lol. My Christian duty is to do what you want eh? Funny. 

...give us an eloquent refutation of Stephen's statements.
If the genius wanted eloquent refutations, he would not have me blocked. Your client has a sucker for a lawyer.

Currently Stephen wins hands down....because he's clearly the one that actually reads the bible.
Remember what I told you about my opinion of your credibility in judging Christians? I would be more concerned if you thought I had "won".

Now's your chance to shine for Jesus.
Jesus shines bright enough for the both of us thank you.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
So once again....You've avoided the sticky issue of not being able to answer Stephen's questions.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@zedvictor4

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE RELATIVE TO THE RUNAWAY ETHANG5:  "So once again....You've avoided the sticky issue of not being able to answer Stephen's questions."

This is ethang5's modus operandi, when the Satanic ethang5 cannot address simple questions that are disturbing  to his faith, he turns 180 degrees and uses simple-minded non sequiturs ad infinitum in his feeble attempt to hide from them.  Since his well deserved banning once again, at least we have 30 days of not having to put up with his running away from his Christian faith, praise!

In the name of the hung Savior,

Brother D. Thomas

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Oh...He's gone again........ Another 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness then.

What did he do that was so bad this time?
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4,

Maybe the Satan incarnate ethang5 was banned for this reason within this thread?

Stephen: "Stay off my threads ethang5.  I don't want to engage you simply so you can bury my threads under your own brainless garbage.  You are far too incapable of holding any type of serious discussion on matters that you claim to believe in and convinced you to become a christian." 
ethang5: "No Homer. I only need not address you, and I haven't. I can post to any thread I want."

Everyone can readily see ethang5's banning notice by just clicking upon his crossed out name.

ethang5
Banned from:
02.04.2021 04:47PM
Banned until:
03.06.2021 04:47PM
Banned by:
Ban reason:  Wanton and repeated violation of the targeted harassment clause of the CoC. This is magnified by the timing of having only just coming off a restraining order.

This 30 day period of banning ethang5 will allow the needed time for him to heal the wounds from me in literally Bible Slapping him Silly®️, and from others that have easily as well put his Devil Speak to rest.  Unfortunately, ethang5 doesn't have the sense to feel embarrassed regarding his total and complete stupidity and ignorance of the JUDEO-Christian Bible!  Whats new? NOTHING!  LOL

One less Bible RUNAWAY to deal with, praise Jesus!

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@zedvictor4
He just came off a restraining order, and immediately started following the person around into every thread they started to launch insult after insult (AKA, to harass them), no matter how many times he was asked to cease. Then of course lied to moderation, claiming he only ever initiated responses to other people in said threads (which was patently untrue).
Stephen
Stephen
Another big fail by the angel of god, Jesus and the bible.