The Mods

Author: Theweakeredge

Total: 71
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
Yes, yes we can, though "using" isn't the correct term. You can condition your subconscious mind to be logical, sometimes it is incidentally logical, blah, blah, see my response to Bru7al
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@Theweakeredge
If that is really your argument than thank you for conceding, but I am arguing with the opinion you shared earlier not the current one where you moved the goal posts
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Bringerofrain
And could you be specific, what was my opinion? How specifically did I move the goalposts? 

"Um... did you actually read the sentence? I said you will have emotions, obviously, but you can be motivated by solely logic. Perhaps the enticement to do the logic was initially by emotion and then died down, perhaps it wasn't there at all. As for the claim, the whole humans are only motivated by emotion thing, as it was your central claim I don't get why that's hard for you to understand. "

Post #30

I explained how this is the case in my last response to Bru7al
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
instinct, which has been developed over an evolutionary millennium is what primarily drives our subconscious mind.
You are 100% correct.

hOWevER, THE MECHANISM THAT YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS USES TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR CONSCIOUS MIND IS, wait for it,

E-MOTION.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
I could see the argument there, but I wouldn't accept a grandstand there - I'd need to see more proof for specifically emotion.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
I could see the argument there, but I wouldn't accept a grandstand there - I'd need to see more proof for specifically emotion.
Do you personally subscribe to any general neuro-anatomical and or metaphysical consciousness theories that I should be aware of?
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@3RU7AL
Nothing that I can think of. The "mind" is just the effects of a brain, electrical impulses and all that. I don't believe in any non-material thing, because material things are the only things that can exist neccessarily. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Theweakeredge
Nothing that I can think of. The "mind" is just the effects of a brain, electrical impulses and all that. I don't believe in any non-material thing, because material things are the only things that can exist neccessarily. 
Ok, we're very likely on the same page here.

Two brains,

and,

Three brains,

and,

The AMYGDALA HIJACK,
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Bringerofrain

As a private pilot, when I am making an instrument approach in zero visibility, my decision making is 100% logic and no emotion is involved at all. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@FLRW
As a private pilot, when I am making an instrument approach in zero visibility, my decision making is 100% logic and no emotion is involved at all. 
Well, you're probably sitting there because you like receiving money because receiving money makes you FEEL good.

And you're probably doing your best to avoid a botched landing because you predict a botched landing will make you FEEL not-good.
Bringerofrain
Debates: 7
Bringerofrain
-->
@FLRW
Science disagrees. You probably think it is logical, but my bet is you make those decisions because you don't deal like dying.