-->
@3RU7AL
No never heard of it, what is it? I am too lazy to google it right now
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
 It seems that most skeptics are unwilling to see the proof (evidence) of  Gods existence and mainly ask questions that are not relevant to the subject, because, i think, they really don't want an answer.
Have you ever met a Deist, a Taoist, a Gnostic, a Pantheist, a Monist or a Noetic? [**]
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@janesix
No never heard of it, what is it? I am too lazy to google it right now
(IFF) GOD EXISTS (AND) GOD = OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT OMNIPRESENT CREATOR (THEN) EVERYTHING IS NECESSARILY GOD [**]
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@janesix
The first part of the book addresses the relationship between God and the universe. Spinoza was engaging with a Tradition that held: God exists outside of the universe; God created the universe for a reason; and God could have created a different universe according to his will. Spinoza denies each point. According to Spinoza, God is the natural world. Spinoza concludes the following: God is the substance comprising the universe, with God existing in itself, not somehow outside of the universe; and the universe exists as it does from necessity, not because of a divine theological reason or will.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ronjs
Where's ronjs?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
 It seems that most skeptics are unwilling 

It seems that you are a little short on replies  and answers, yourself.  #24

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR UNFORTUNATE QUOTE REGARDING MY SERIAL KILLER JESUS: " Brother.I find it a relief that there is at least in you one christian that is willing to face the obvious biblical facts about your jealous, child killing, warmongering god.  How many people does the bible say the devil killed , Brother?" 

Yes, Jesus is most certainly jealous, an innocent child killer, and a war mongering God, whereas Zeus in the same time period, was a lot more gentle with His followers and was a kind God.

Do you see why I am the ONLY TRUE Christian upon this website, and that is simply because I have had to accept Jesus for what He truly is, where in part, the aforementioned  facts about Him are true, amongst many other disturbing aspects about Jesus. Whereas the 99.99 percent of the pseudo-christians upon this forum try and apologetically explain away the disturbing Jesus as they turn themselves into pretzels when doing so.  We laugh!

Regarding the Devil, and I know I am preaching to the choir with you, the only people the Devil killed within the scriptures were the ten people all from the same family of Job. To make it worse, the killing was a side wager with Jesus' agreement and permission, just to prove a petty egotistical point regarding God's favorite pet at the time, named Job. That's why Jesus wouldn't allow the Devil to actually kill off Job, but what about Job's family or others, they are allowed to be killed in this bet!  (Job 1:6-1)

Conversely, I don't have to tell you in how many MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of Jesus' Jewish creation, along with non-jewish people, have been killed by Jesus the Christ as Yahweh God incarnate!  At times, they were unfortunately BRUTAL murders by Jesus, but I accept this Biblical axiom and try and move on the best way that I can.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The gods are a matter of faith and belief not evidence. You can't present evidence of emotion in any relationship. You state what you feel and people can trust you or they don't. If they trust you it still doesn't mean they think  you are right about the emotions you are feeling. Gods are the same as any relationship. You stay in it or don't based on how you feel about the gods and what they are doing for you or you experience nothing or negativity and walk away. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas

How many people does the bible say the devil killed , Brother? 

Regarding the Devil, and I know I am preaching to the choir with you, the only people the Devil killed within the scriptures were the ten people all from the same family of Job. To make it worse, the killing was a side wager with Jesus' agreement and permission, just to prove a petty egotistical point regarding God's favorite pet at the time, named Job. That's why Jesus wouldn't allow the Devil to actually kill off Job, but what about Job's family or others, they are allowed to be killed in this bet!  (Job 1:6-1)

Correct Brother, ten,,, children and all instigated and  sanctioned by god himself.

The author clams   "the skeptic doesn't want answers"  #1  ronjs

So keeping with the theme of this thread, I am willing to accept that there is a god of the Christians if the author is willing to explain why and is willing to accept that "god" is willing to kill innocent children at the drop of an hat and for no other reason than a wager and  with none other than Satan the great deceiver  himself,   and   who "god" had   sentenced to crawl on his belly to eat dirt for the rest of eternity!?  Genesis 3:14

And the author also has to explain to me what was Satan doing just walking about and   going to and fro on the earth after such a severe sentence that was supposed to be for "eternity".? 

" And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it."Job 2:2 

Conversely, I don't have to tell you in how many MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of Jesus' Jewish creation, along with non-jewish people, have been killed by Jesus the Christ as Yahweh God incarnate!  At times, they were unfortunately BRUTAL murders by Jesus, but I accept this Biblical axiom and try and move on the best way that I can.

No, you do not have to tell me , Brother. The comparison is stark .

And no matter how many times one reads the bible, Brother, you will never find a single verse where anyone prays for or forgives Satan. Yet I have lost count of the times the bible and god  drive home the importance of forgiving and forgiveness.  Will the author I wonder, explain why? 

No one  forgave Judas or ever prayed for him either.  I wonder if the author is willing to explain that away for us too?

This also seems to have slipped the authors mind #24

9 days later

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
Actually, the evidence ( or the interpretation of the evidence has been presented  in this forum numerous times, but it up to the individual to decide which interpretation is more tenable. As for questioning the reliability of scripture, that would be an appeal to authority, which is a logical fallacy.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs

Actually, the evidence ( or the interpretation of the evidence has been presented  in this forum numerous times,

What evidence are yo talking about.?

And you have missed this query too

keeping with the theme of this thread, I am willing to accept that there is a god of the Christians if you  the author, is willing to explain why and is willing to accept that "god" is willing to kill innocent children at the drop of an hat and for no other reason than a wager and  with none other than Satan the great deceiver  himself,   and   who "god" had   sentenced to crawl on his belly to eat dirt for the rest of eternity!?  Genesis 3:14

And you  also has to explain to me what was Satan doing just walking about and   going to and fro on the earth after such a severe sentence that was supposed to be for "eternity".? 

" And the LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it."Job 2:2 

It seems that most skeptics are unwilling 

It seems that most skeptics are unwilling to see the proof (evidence) of  Gods existence.

[A] I have never seen a single piece of evidence for the existence of the god that Christians believe exists. Are you claiming such a god exists?

and mainly ask questions that are not relevant to the subject,

In your opinion, is questioning the reliability of  the bible  relevant to the subject?

because, i think, they really don't want an answer

Well that is where your totally wrong in my case. I would like all of the questions that I have concerning the bible, answered.  Would you like a short list or a long one?

Also there is the problem of [A] above. 

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs

ronjs,

Barring the absolute FACT that your biography has NOTHING whatsoever within its zero content, whereas you are obviously to embarrassed to tell us about you and the division of Christianity that you follow, there is plenty of evidence for our serial killer Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate existing, praise!

Yes, we can proffer all day long in the niceties of proving that Jesus exists, but on the other side of the coin, we also have to accept the following disturbing things in showing that our God Jesus exists as well. Jesus created, and allowed  ALL THINGS to exist, "For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him." (Colossians 1:16 )"

Since you have to agree that when our serial killer Jesus created and allowed ALL THINGS to exist, then He is outright known to be a serial killer. One instance of many showing this to be a fact, is when Jesus drowned His entire creation because they were evil in His Great Flood scenario. Within this drastic act by our ever loving and forgiving Jesus, imagine the innocent zygotes, fetus' and babies that were drowning a horrific death as they cried out to their mothers for help, notwithstanding the soon to be babies within the wombs of the mothers. Another disturbing fact to this Great Flood situation, is that Jesus was watching innocent babies drown as their mothers watched in horror!  (Hebrews 4:13)

Jesus created cancer, birth defects, where the mothers always thank Jesus for a perfect born baby, then on the other hand, when the baby is born with severe birth defects, then Jesus not only created this situation, but allowed it to happen as well.  Our Jesus also creates spontaneous abortions with women that had no control over it from happening, Jesus created heart disease, high blood pressure, Strokes. Diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and the list goes on, get it? Sure you do.

I am sure you will have to agree that if one is a TRUE Christian, then they like me have to accept the ever so disturbing above facts about our ever loving and forgiving Jesus.  

Ronjs, what is your situation to Jesus being as shown to the facts above?

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
we all have the same evidence, it's in how you interpret it that is the difference.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@BrotherDThomas
When the creator takes someone out, it's not murder, it's just a change of location. He created us, so he can do what he wants with us.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ronjs
When the creator takes someone out, it's not murder, it's just a change of location. He created us, so he can do what he wants with us.

That is like saying cause you have a child you should get to abuse them or kill them. A benevolent creator would work in a moral arena within natural law.  If your gods view you as a chess piece to amuse them you have the wrong gods. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
Does this same principle apply to your earthly parents?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
That is like saying cause you have a child you should get to abuse them or kill them. A benevolent creator would work in a moral arena within natural law.  If your gods view you as a chess piece to amuse them you have the wrong gods. 
Yep.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@FLRW
The first part of the book addresses the relationship between God and the universe. Spinoza was engaging with a Tradition that held: God exists outside of the universe; God created the universe for a reason; and God could have created a different universe according to his will. Spinoza denies each point. According to Spinoza, God is the natural world. Spinoza concludes the following: God is the substance comprising the universe, with God existing in itself, not somehow outside of the universe; and the universe exists as it does from necessity, not because of a divine theological reason or will.
Phenomenal analysis.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
You state what you feel and people can trust you or they don't. If they trust you it still doesn't mean they think  you are right about the emotions you are feeling.
Yep.

Only YOU know YOUR thoughts and feelings.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
Actually, the evidence ( or the interpretation of the evidence has been presented  in this forum numerous times,
Links please.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs

ronjs,

YOUR QUOTE TO MY POST #42 TO YOU: "When the creator takes someone out, it's not murder, it's just a change of location. He created us, so he can do what he wants with us."

So, in your opinion when our Jesus "took someone out" in His Great Flood, and in the way of innocent babies that knew not of their parents alleged evil in being the case why they were drowning an horrific death, then these babies just changed their locations from being happy on land to being fish food in the depths of the ocean?  Am I correct to your way of thinking, and most importantly, are you comfortable with Jesus murdering these babies in this way as He watched them crying out to their mothers as they drowned? (Hebrews 4:13)

Furthermore, when Jesus murdered innocent babies as shown above, is He still considered ever loving and forgiving?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ronjs
we all have the same evidence, it's in how you interpret it that is the difference.

So you are simply stuck for an explanation  as to why it came about that we can find Satan just walking "to and fro " on the earth making wagers with god that cost the lives of 10 innocent children Job 2:2, and millennia later can be found again tempting Jesus in the wilderness? Mark 1:12-13 after we had been told that Satan had been sentenced to crawl on his belly eating dirt for all eternity for seducing and corrupting mankind?  Genesis 3:14

New International Version

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,
                                                                                                                                       “Cursed are you above all livestock
                                                                                                                                                      and all wild animals!
                                                                                                                                                You will crawl on your belly
                                                                                                                                                       and you will eat dust
                                                                                                                                                     all the days of your life.

And you keep avoiding this too;

It seems that most skeptics are unwilling ............

ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Stephen
The atheists and creationists have the same rocks, fossils , sediments etc.  to interpret, usually based, in part on thier own biases.  
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
We are not really creating anything, just making copies. The original creator of life is the only one with creativity and therefore is the only one who has the right to do what he wants with us. 
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Well, Jesus showed doubting Thomas evidence which indicates to me that blind faith is not required.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@BrotherDThomas
When we leave this world and go to another, either with God or without God. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@ronjs
Yes
Well then, you probably understand it's a simple matter of how someone chooses to define the word, "GOD".
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ronjs

Ronjs,

Uh, you didn't fully address my post #51 to you, so this time, try it again, okay?  There are specific questions to you irrelative to where we go subsequent to death, understood?  Also remember, babies DO NOT go to heaven because they are NOT compelling enough to be a Christian!  What you said had absolutely NOTHING to do with the following:

BROTHER D STATED:  "So, in your opinion when our Jesus "took someone out" in His Great Flood, and in the way of innocent babies that knew not of their parents alleged evil in being the case why they were drowning an horrific death, then these babies just changed their locations from being happy on land to being fish food in the depths of the ocean?  Am I correct to your way of thinking, and most importantly, are you comfortable with Jesus murdering these babies in this way as He watched them crying out to their mothers as they drowned? (Hebrews 4:13)"

Furthermore, when Jesus murdered innocent babies as shown above, is He still considered ever loving and forgiving?

BEGIN:

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

YOUR GODLY QUOTE: "Well then, you probably understand it's a simple matter of how someone chooses to define the word, "GOD".

Even better yet, WHICH God is being defined because in the biblical era, MANY gods existed, whereas today, the main gods that are still around are Yahweh, Jesus, and Allah.