School systems should include LBTQ+ topics in their history and sex education

Author: Theweakeredge ,

Total: 223
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
--> @Bones
He doesn't want the smoke bones, he senses we have the The Voynich Manuscript on transgenderism.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
--> @Ehyeh
Im willing to learn - from experts and people who aren't gonna' do devil's advocates position. Have you considered your the arrogant one for assuming you have something to teach? Do you think because i haven't heard an argument in one debate server I've never heard it before? You reek of condescension. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
--> @Bones
thats nice. I would say im beyond arguing such basic facts but i did accept that debate with Mall... well i say "debate". The fact of the matter is that i really don't want to do that. Not gonna' get into it to personally, but the type of beliefs you hold have hurt people I care about.... to an extreme degree, so no, I don't really like debating the subject. Since you were a bit more polite than our other friend, you get an explanation.
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
--> @Theweakeredge
"Have you considered your the arrogant one for assuming you have something to teach? Do you think because i haven't heard an argument in one debate server I've never heard it before? "

I never claimed to have anything to teach, I simply posited that I can assure you these are going to be things you haven't considered within the domain of the transgender debate. Whether it is me, bones, or someone else, you will one day lose on the topic. Although I would be very surprised if you have been exposed to the arguments I will use against you, I couldn't fathom how you could still so strongly believe in transgenderism if they had been brought to your attention. Enlighten me!
-
Considering the fact you would rather debate an expert (appeal to authority), my arguments will be inspired by someone far more knowledgeable than me within the domains of gender.

people who aren't gonna' do devil's advocates position
Devils advocate? Although I cannot say that transgender people are not the gender they identify with (there may be arguments I haven't considered), it is quite unlikely they are. Wouldn't it be satisfying to prove this condescending individual wrong? I know I would find it that way. You can do it. Take the debate. It's a win-win for you. I'm a 20% win rate debater, you see. You get to prove a condescending fool wrong while enlightening others and proving the truth of the transgender ideology to those who may not have previously agreed. Isn't that worthwhile? I'm a clown, you beat me any day of the week.
-
If you refuse to debate the topic and disdain those that do so because "it hurts people," then you're just a holy person. You're no different than the religious. You decide to have faith in a position so as to feel comfort. I think you arguing for determinism hurts people (studies prove it) yet that doesn't mean i think it shouldn't be debated.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
--> @Ehyeh
did you read the post above this one...
Bones
Debates: 29
Bones
--> @Theweakeredge
I don't think it's a "basic fact" that transgender individual are the gender which they identify. I'm curious as to which particular view you are referring to which have hurt people to an extreme degree because obviously, that is not my intention when I debate, I try to pursue truth.

Also, that's fine that you don't want to debate. 
Ehyeh
Ehyeh
--> @Theweakeredge
Fair enough. If you don't want to debate it, I understand. Sorry if I was rude, since it was obvious to me you don't actually want to debate the topic, I thought I may have to try and get you to want to do it through some other method. Sorry for my insolent behaviour, sir.

8 days later

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
School systems should include LBTQ+ topics in their history and sex education
Parents should decide what their children needs to know outside of the basic school curriculum.

Parents know more about their child’s sexual orientation and cultural background.

Teaching children about past mistakes as history does only develops preconceptions about the past. Children need to be taught how to deal with their future which they are responsible for.
TWS1405
TWS1405
Gender Identity Disorder should have remained just that, a disorder and clearly classified as a mental one at that. 
The liberal left has destroyed the integrity of the sciences with wishful thinking premised upon individual subjectively based emotive findings that have no relevance across the mass spectrum of homo sapiens. 
Those suffering from GID have been less than 0.05% of the population for a reason, it is abnormal to the procreative evolutionary basis of homo sapiens. 
None of it, any of it, should ever be taught let alone tolerated amongst adults peddling (i.e., grooming) that crap to children. It's pure child abuse. Period. Fact. Period.

126 days later

IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
It looks like the wet dream of some progressive lefty. No, you shouldnt allow that because these are parent's duties and you cannot interfere with what parents teach their children.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 118
Intelligence_06
--> @IlDiavolo
And it is parents' duty to teach children how to differentiate and integrate functions. It is parents' duty to teach children the writing style of Shakespeare. It is parents' duty to teach children the history of slavery.

Let's abolish schools, is this a horrible idea?
zedvictor4
Debates: 19
zedvictor4
--> @IlDiavolo
Trouble is, parents are just as likely as anyone else to abuse their offspring's brain with misinformation.

In fact, modern humanity is founded upon a great deal of misinformation.

Though the truth will out in the end.....One assumes.

And conservative righties are just as likely to have wet dreams, given all that pent up sexuality.

And the wider society always interferes in the teaching of children. T'would be anarchy otherwise Mr Diavolo.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
--> @zedvictor4
Jewish parents send their children to jewish schools to learn jewish things so they have jewish lives. Is it brainwsshing for you? No, it's the way it is. People raise their children according to their beliefs, there is nothing wrong about that.

And I am obviously remarking the fact that LGTBQZYHGDTI...+ movement is as much a belief as any other religion. Schools should teach facts, parents should teach morality, their morality. 
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
--> @zedvictor4
I understand there are problems wit some parents, but this cant be solved brainwsshing their children. I am more inclined to a solution like schools for parents.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
--> @IlDiavolo
And Muslim parents send their children to Muslim schools etc.

And we end up with a divided World.

Currently no real solution, so just best to keep ones head down.

And I would suggest that attempting to re-educate adults is a tall order.

Established data will always tend to override the new.

To make a difference you need to affect brains early.

And I would further suggest that LGBTQ etc. Is a liberal ideology rather than a belief.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
--> @zedvictor4
LGBT ideology is just that, an ideology, an act of faith, not a fact that should be taught in schools.

And I am obviously talking about public schools which are financed with our taxes. If it's public, then they should be limited to teach facts, not beliefs. Thats why I mentioned the jewish example because when it comes to private school you can choose the one that best suits your family's mindset, not the mindset of an "iluminated" progressive lefty.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 118
Intelligence_06
--> @IlDiavolo
We aren't teaching children the most cutting-edge leftarian ideologies, it is a vital part of culture and it exists, so teaching it is as factual as teaching slavery.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
--> @IlDiavolo
Yep a liberal ideology, as I stated.

Though in liberally progressive societies, all the information is out there and readily available for kids to absorb, so whether or not it is discussed in a School environment  becomes somewhat irrelevant anyway.

That said, perhaps it is therefore essential that such things are discussed openly and in a balanced way.

As I don't foresee any imminent reversal of current social trends.

10 days later

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Hell no. Not until college. 
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 3
YouFound_Lxam
--> @Theweakeredge
There is no need for LGBTQ+ sex education in schools. 

Sex education isn't even in elementary. And there is a biological reason for sexual education. LGBTQ+ is a belief, not base in any facts whatsoever. 

Just like religions can't be taught in classes, this shouldn't be either. 

If people want student led afterschool activity's like LGBTQ+ meetup, or Bible club, then that should be the only thing allowed.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
--> @YouFound_Lxam
Sexual education isn't just about the mechanics of pregnancy. It's about safe sexual practices in general. Since people under the LGBTQ+ banner still have sex, presumably learning about safe sexual practices would also be beneficial to them.

Though admittedly such a topic would serve a more niche group, it's still nice to be inclusive of everybody.
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 3
YouFound_Lxam
--> @dustryder
Sexual education isn't just about the mechanics of pregnancy. It's about safe sexual practices in general.
Usually sexual education takes place in biology class though. And there is nothing biological about having sex through the LGBTQ+ way. 

The reason they teach sexual education to kids is so that the future generation knows how to reproduce, and how to do it safely. They don't teach kids to have sex for pleasure. That is what the LGBTQ+ agenda teaches. 
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
--> @YouFound_Lxam
Usually sexual education takes place in biology class though. And there is nothing biological about having sex through the LGBTQ+ way. 
Biology simply deals with the science of living organisms. Unless it's your contention that LGBTQ+ find themselves more often than not banging stiffs, it's fundamentally no different to two animals humping.

The reason they teach sexual education to kids is so that the future generation knows how to reproduce, and how to do it safely. They don't teach kids to have sex for pleasure. That is what the LGBTQ+ agenda teaches. 
The whole of school is to is to equip young people with skills and knowledge that they can use in the future. While I'm sure they aren't specifically teaching kids to have sex for pleasure, it's ultimately a fact that nearly everyone will whether straight or LGBTQ+, therefore teaching people to engage in sexual behaviour responsibly is rather valuable. 

Also, all sexual education classes will include a module on safe sex with contraceptives, which seems to run contrary to your claim that such classes are there to teach how to reproduce, and supports mine that they are there to teach responsible sexual behaviour.